MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think it is much more likely that they are friends that occasionally share good times together, but not really lesbians. I don't think that Linda is old enough to be Cece's mom. I think Linda and Chris and the MC are all around 30ish possibly 35 tops. So it would have had to have been during their high school years that Linda would have gotten pregnant, which would make the MC the father. I think Linda would have made some effort to block them from time together alone until after she told him, if she were their kid.
I really don't think any of them are that old. TBH I really think everyone is in their 20's. Lexi is a newer musical artist who is most likely in her 20's. At no point did she consider the MC an older man.

I really wish Drifty would get rid of the hideous gray (silver) hair on the MC and tell us how old everyone is supposed to be.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I really don't think any of them are that old. TBH I really think everyone is in their 20's. Lexi is a newer musical artist who is most likely in her 20's. At no point did she consider the MC an older man.

I really wish Drifty would get rid of the hideous gray (silver) hair on the MC and tell us how old everyone is supposed to be.
Yeah, the silver/gray hair is one of the reason I think 30ish to 35. The other is Chris looks older to me as well. Lexi is hounded by all types, so I think she is probably one of the least likely to discriminate by age. There just seems to be too much history for Chris and Linda and the MC to be much younger than 30.

I think Cece could pull off the 18-22 age bracket, and Lexi is probably mid 20s if I were guessing. Steph is about the same age as the 3 amigos above, possibly a year or two younger. I am thinking that the other girls are maybe 27ish-30s. I like the looks and for once am seeing no super young kids in the mix. Cece's darkness makes her older than her years.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
I entered this game with preconception that MC is at least 30 or so.From what I gathered from the game,I thought that the whole "school" thing was about them all going to college together.Then you get the begining of chapter 2,where we get the background of how the trio met(high school).Not sure when the whole thing with Linda was over(the part about him running away from home to stay at her place was mentioned but not how much time passed after that before she moved with her parents(that vagueness can be used to describe this particular part of the timeline)).But then when does Steph enter the whole picture.If I remember correctly(big if) she was "transfered" to his school,so logic dictates it is between the whole runaway thing).We can safely assume that everything plays out during final one and a half/two years in high school.They all seem a bit older then >25(Steph should be at least 2 to 3 years older then mc).You are on point,there was no mention of college,just that he got the job straight after high school(I believe this was during the talk with Lexi in chapter 3).What is certain is that he spent two years in a sewer.It is a bit of a conundrum.
Well, he ran away when he was 14, I believe they specified his age. So that would mean he met Chris and Linda prior to that (so they met in Middle School). Since Linda moved away with her family she had to be younger than 18 OR still young enough that she was dependent on her parents. Due to the whole "no sex acts with underaged characters" bit we have to believe that all the experimentation that the MC and Linda did was after they both turned 18. So maybe they went to college together or that all happened when they were 18? Then due to some family issue Linda had to move when her family did.

This raises the problem that if Steph "transferred" into their school when he was 17 then she graduated with them and just hung around while Chris, Linda, and the MC went to college... Then Linda moved, then Steph dated the MC and then left... Say the MC and Steph didn't start dating right away, they only dated for 3 years once they did start dating. Perhaps the MC is maybe ~25. I just don't see him being significantly older than that.
I just remembered Linda mentioned she met Cece in college and recently graduated so there is no way any of this stuff with Steph was during college it had to be High School unless Linda went to college for 8 year for photography.....so yes the timeline is all kinds of fucked up.

DriftyGames Timeline cleanup or explanation required bro! Thank you!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and FAP369ZONE

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, the silver/gray hair is one of the reason I think 30ish to 35. The other is Chris looks older to me as well. Lexi is hounded by all types, so I think she is probably one of the least likely to discriminate by age. There just seems to be too much history for Chris and Linda and the MC to be much younger than 30.

I think Cece could pull off the 18-22 age bracket, and Lexi is probably mid 20s if I were guessing. Steph is about the same age as the 3 amigos above, possibly a year or two younger. I am thinking that the other girls are maybe 27ish-30s. I like the looks and for once am seeing no super young kids in the mix. Cece's darkness makes her older than her years.
Steph is OLDER than the other three. The timeline in the game and their back history doesn't support them being in their late to mid 30's. We just hashed this out. If they met in high school or college, Steph and the MC dated for almost 3 years and were broken up for 2. That's early to mid 20's.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017

MC Age:
E2-Cece outside Bar: MC received 200K from his father for his 17th birthday. MC was already friends with Chris & Linda, hadn't met Steph yet.
E4-Steph Hotel: Soon after MC received 200K, Steph went undercover to get close to MC.
E1-Burger Shop: MC was with Steph for 2 years, 10 months and 3 days. So MC is ~20 when Steph disappeared.
E1-Burger Shop: Steph was gone for 2 years, so at the start of the game the MC is ~22. A well worn 22 with weird grey hair... ;)

Steph Age:
E4-Steph Hotel: A year after Steph joined Homeland, she was asked to get close to MC.
Minimum age to work at DHS is 18, so Steph is at least 19 when assigned MC's case.

Linda:
E4-Truth or Dare: Chris, MC and Linda go back about 10 years. So met when MC ~12-13.
E2-Linda Contact Info: In the later years of school Linda's family moved to another city and lost contact.
E4-Prologue: Linda was still around when MC dating Steph & long enough for them to become close friends.
US high school students typically graduate ~18?
Conclusion: To reconcile these points, Linda must have moved cities in the final year of high school?

Lexi:
E4-Prologue: Lexi had just turned 18 during the TV interview, when MC is 17-18. So at most a year older then MC.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
MC Age:
E2-Cece outside Bar: MC received 200K from his father for his 17th birthday. MC was already friends with Chris & Linda, hadn't met Steph yet.
E4-Steph Hotel: Soon after MC received 200K, Steph went undercover to get close to MC.
E1-Burger Shop: MC was with Steph for 2 years, 10 months and 3 days. So MC is ~20 when Steph disappeared.
E1-Burger Shop: Steph was gone for 2 years, so at the start of the game the MC is ~22. A well worn 22 with weird grey hair... ;)

Steph Age:
E4-Steph Hotel: A year after Steph joined Homeland, she was asked to get close to MC.
Minimum age to work at DHS is 18, so Steph is at least 19 when assigned MC's case.

Linda:
E4-Truth or Dare: Chris, MC and Linda go back about 10 years. So met when MC ~12-13.
E2-Linda Contact Info: In the later years of school Linda's family moved to another city and lost contact.
E4-Prologue: Linda was still around when MC dating Steph & long enough for them to become close friends.
US high school students typically graduate ~18?
Conclusion: To reconcile these points, Linda must have moved cities in the final year of high school?

Lexi:
E4-Prologue: Lexi had just turned 18 during the TV interview, when MC is 17-18. So at most a year older then MC.
Thank you! :love:

Yes, and the hair color was from going to a hair stylist and telling her to do something trendy IIRC... LOL

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Pfft,he managed to make Steph likable again...as if a few timeline screw ups can bring him down. :D :D :D
Please people dont turn this into another Steph jerk-around fest.We have pages upon pages of those. :D

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Pfft,he managed to make Steph likable again...as if a few timeline screw ups can bring him down. :D :D :D
Please people dont turn this into another Steph jerk-around fest.We have pages upon pages of those. :D
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Drifty has not been shy in saying that we are the beta testers (technically his Patreon's are) so things can be changed. As they have been before.

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
OK so I was thinking about this and it doesnt add up, probably cause im thinking logically, but the Dad transferred him the money when he was 17 and that flagged him, him and steph were together for 3 years and she left 2 years prior to whats happening now, she left after the last day of school based on the flashbacks which is typically 18 right? So the timing doesnt add up for me.....Ideas?

either she was 18 posing as a 10th grader and dating a 15 year old or they were together for 5 years and she left after college.... again doesnt make sense thinking about the time frames given.
Guys, what's with the racket. I was enjoying a nice Saturday evening, and of course I just HAD to go in here, and no I can't make myself exit before I've answered. :)

The timeline is very much real, because almost all the things in this story are based upon real life experiences. Though, as LoF has progressed some things had to be changed once I'd started the story.

One error I spottet though, was in Chapter 4 when Chris said he'd known Linda and MC for 'about 8 years' should be 10.

Anyway, get your popcorn, because this is a good sized read.

Let's start at the present and go backwards.

MC and Chris is meant to be 24. Yes, I know that seems odd with the mc's gray (silver...) hair and all, but that is more about this poor dev's starting funds ran out when I got to the MC's hair (hair is expensive!). So I went with something simple. A mid-brown/blondish color, that looks gray in almost all lighting. Hence, the joke about it. And in the end it kinda grew on me, so that's why I haven't done anything - yet.

There are several parts in LoF that confirms the characters age, but I have purposedly been vague about it. I have not mentioned it anywhere because I wanted the reader to fit their education to own country's education system, though I will probably change it now that I americanized the story with Steph's explanation (it was originally ment to be some sort of unnamed international organization, but I found it to be even more 'out there' than the current final version) - but you can safely say that Chris/MC/Steph went to College.

As college lasts 3-6 years-ish, I would rather say that MC and Chris leans towards 3. I know that's short but for me, being a norwegian, that is the span for the normal style education past the basis of the high-school equivilant in my country. The premesis was that on the first year in college MC met Steph, and in a few months after they became a couple that lasted until the end of college.

Steph is of course older, having done her previous schooling and a year working at Homeland. That is around 4-5 years older.

Lexi is the same age as MC too or even a year younger, which I tried confirming in the Chapter 4 prologue when they are watching TV. Robin and Kira is 2 years older then the MC - being 'a bit more experienced'.

Linda is meant to be slightly younger. Not much, but enough to be one year behind at school. They met when they were both 14 (Chapter 2 prologue). The experimentation mentioned in the game did not happen before later, though before MC met Steph.

Cece is meant to be 2 years younger than Linda. The reason for they attending the same classes was that Linda dropped out from school for a year.

Now for the problematic part:
In my country, the age of consent is 16. Meaning Linda and MC could be experiment all they want in the period between 16-18. Though, that doesn't work storywise (and legally) so you can upp all their ages by 2 - meaning a flaw in the education timeline, or go by the reasoning that all of MC and Linda's experimentation was the summer before college, while they were both 18.

Anyway, as a disclaimer, all of the people in the story are (except Chapter 2 prologue) over 18 at all times.

Steph is OLDER than the other three. The timeline in the game and their back history doesn't support them being in their late to mid 30's. We just hashed this out. If they met in high school or college, Steph and the MC dated for almost 3 years and were broken up for 2. That's early to mid 20's.
Oh, I saw that game you gave 5 stars today. I'm tempted to give you a homework assignment to find an equal amount of factual errors in that game as you've pointed out about LoF for the past half year, and post it in that game's thread. :D

But seriousley, you're all cool. And thank you for asking me to clarify.

Cheers

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Oh, I saw that game you gave 5 stars today. I'm tempted to give you a homework assignment to find an equal amount of factual errors in that game as you've pointed out about LoF for the past half year, and post it in that game's thread. :D

But seriousley, you're all cool. And thank you for asking me to clarify.

Cheers

I'm trying to be less nitpicky these days, the real world is grinding me down to a nub. :)

And thank you for settling that for us...

Age of consent varies from state to state in the crazy US.

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Drifty has not been shy in saying that we are the beta testers (technically his Patreon's are) so things can be changed. As they have been before.
And I support that approach 100%.It is better to iron out all the errors and plot holes before the final version...
Ah,also when since versions were mentioned now to ask that one question EVERY developer adores!!!
Can we expect the part two before the begining of 2020 part 2(2021) xD ?
To clarify Ill wait till unicorns appear in my condo if need be(which by all indications of happenings in 2020 can certainly happen. ..sooner then we think):D[I/SPOILER]

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
And I support that approach 100%.It is better to iron out all the errors and plot holes before the final version...
Ah,also when since versions were mentioned now to ask that one question EVERY developer adores!!!
Can we expect the part two before the begining of 2020 part 2(2021) xD ?
To clarify Ill wait till unicorns appear in my condo if need be(which by all indications of happenings in 2020 can certainly happen. ..sooner then we think):D[I/SPOILER]

Agreed, I am curious to see where we end up...

And you should know by now, considering how this year has been going, that if those unicorns show up they will end up beating you to death with their fluffy penises. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Agreed, I am curious to see where we end up...

And you should know by now, considering how this year has been going, that if those unicorns show up they will end up beating you to death with their fluffy penises. :ROFLMAO:
Interesting thought....*looks on Daz for fluffy penised unicorns*

• Haha

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
ok, so in Chapter 4 Chris says that Linda, MC, and he go back 10 years. Assuming that they were 13-14 in Jr. High School that would place them at 24. Steph is older as was stated earlier. I think Kira and Robin are a little older. I think Cece is probably 21 give or take. Lexi is probably early to mid 20s, I think Holly is more or less the same age as Steph.
That is a timeline I feel very comfortable with and a high degree of confidence. Thoughts?

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes