IamJAG

May 14, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Remember last week I said nothing much happened and it was a good thing?
Well, this week has been the exact oposite. Somehow Payoneer managed tag my monthly withdrawal as "completed", even though it was not the case. Long story short, it led to a whole lot of hours throughout the whole week wasted on the phone that was meant for me to put into scripting and dialogue. Frustrating, but at least it was fixed today so I can move on without having to worry about that any more.
Current numbers are 1,037 story renders and 9,979 animated frames. Animation is still a high priority for next week. Hopefully I can catch up a bit with the scripting part as the animations render before I go into the last weeks where I pose the remaining story renders (quite a few of them).
I've decided upon the release date, though the renders and animations for the video is not completed yet. Don't worry, I will not move the date, but there will be less waiting from the video is released until the actual Chapter 5 release.
I also want to make sure I don't release at the same date as a prominent dev which I suspect has a release scheduled for roughly the same period.
Now it's time enjoy a weekend without customer support. Have a good one, and stay safe. Next week the dev diary will be somewhat special. Some might have guessed why, but those who don't - be sure to check in next Friday.

kihality

Sep 15, 2020
I think we should let the dev decide the plot instead of going "don't kill anyone, don't rape anyone, etc". Of course we all like happy endings, but just like a good movie is one that touches our feelings, same thing happens with a good game. I personally loved AL because it was able to touch me, that gives huge credit to the dev. If directors had changed the plot because people didn't want any kind of tragedy we wouldn't have such great movies like Titanic, Million Dollar Baby or The Pianist, for example. Just let the dev do his work cause he's great at what he does

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Well talking to him in Discord yesterday was pretty cool and I found out a few things from him, and also a few things from other people plus the little back and forth I had here. I basically know what to expect, but it still causes some trepidation about it all. Seeing the Chapter 5 trailer with Cece, talking to Drifty and the people here.

I love this game. it's one of my top 3. I love Cece. Also in my top 3. I have severe emotional issues at times too, like her. But I know from what Drifty said, it's an uplifting story and just knowing that he put a warning/disclaimer in for that scene (which will be an optionable scene to watch) in question, really makes me proud that a developer cares so much about his fanbase. It's a feeling of relief that he cares so much about the story he's going to tell.

Cece's story is obviously going to be throughout the whole game on how she deals with the new emotions of love and partnership with the MC, plus how she deals with whatever happens. But the trust I have in Drifty, after our conversation, is damn solid. So I look forward to his story, and despite the hesitation and anxiety I have about certain things, I know in the end it will be like he said. Uplifting.

Reactions: MV_1999 and L0MBR0

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I think we should let the dev decide the plot instead of going "don't kill anyone, don't rape anyone, etc". Of course we all like happy endings, but just like a good movie is one that touches our feelings, same thing happens with a good game. I personally loved AL because it was able to touch me, that gives huge credit to the dev. If directors had changed the plot because people didn't want any kind of tragedy we wouldn't have such great movies like Titanic, Million Dollar Baby or The Pianist, for example. Just let the dev do his work cause he's great at what he does
Tragedy is not such a big deal when you're merely observing as a viewer (like in them movies), but when you're playing as the main character and get to make decisions that could potentially leave someone hurt or even dead (like in that house fire from your favorite game) it's a total different story. Some people seem to thrive on such events though, and if that's the kinda thing that gets them off good luck to them, but I think people are free to express what they like or dislike on this forum and it doesn't automatically mean they expect the devs to change their story.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Tragedy is not a big deal when you're watching from the sideline like in them movies, but playing as the main character and having to make decisions that could potentially leave someone hurt or even dead (like in that house fire of your favorite game) is a different story. Some people seem to thrive on it though, and if that's the kinda thing that gets your rocks off good on ya, but I think people are free to express what they like or dislike on this forum and it doesn't automatically mean they expect the dev change his story.
Absolutely +1. The dev will ultimately decide the route the story takes, I don't think anybody here is under delusions otherwise or has made a case that it shouldn't be that way, but I will absolutely voice my opinion anytime I damn well please. :)

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
Absolutely +1. The dev will ultimately decide the route the story takes, I don't think anybody here is under delusions otherwise or has made a case that it shouldn't be that way, but I will absolutely voice my opinion anytime I damn well please. :)
Yeah, nothing personal but I just came from a thread on Discord where some numpty told the dev not to pay attention to the "vocal minority" when people were simply being constructive and giving their input (which the dev welcomed and why the thread exists in the first place) so I guess that left me a little salty.

Reactions: Razrback16

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Remember last week I said nothing much happened and it was a good thing?
Well, this week has been the exact oposite. Somehow Payoneer managed tag my monthly withdrawal as "completed", even though it was not the case. Long story short, it led to a whole lot of hours throughout the whole week wasted on the phone that was meant for me to put into scripting and dialogue. Frustrating, but at least it was fixed today so I can move on without having to worry about that any more.
Current numbers are 1,037 story renders and 9,979 animated frames. Animation is still a high priority for next week. Hopefully I can catch up a bit with the scripting part as the animations render before I go into the last weeks where I pose the remaining story renders (quite a few of them).
I've decided upon the release date, though the renders and animations for the video is not completed yet. Don't worry, I will not move the date, but there will be less waiting from the video is released until the actual Chapter 5 release.
I also want to make sure I don't release at the same date as a prominent dev which I suspect has a release scheduled for roughly the same period.
Now it's time enjoy a weekend without customer support. Have a good one, and stay safe. Next week the dev diary will be somewhat special. Some might have guessed why, but those who don't - be sure to check in next Friday.
It looks like Drifty completed 77 still renders and a whopping 2359 frames of animation this week. That brings his overall average to about 86 still renders and 832 frames of animation per week. Here are the charts.
As you can see, we've already hit Chapter 4's animation total, and we're told next week will add even more. Meanwhile still renders are only at about 72% of Chapter 4 and are being added rather slowly. At this point it seems like we're probably going to get a lower proportion of stills in than Chapter 5 even though it sounds like it's still more than a single week's work. I'm not sure how long testing would take, but it will probably take the better part of a week. So we're probably looking at the second week in April onward for release.

There's also the desire to avoid being overshadowed by another big release. The general consensus (myself included) is that Being a DIK's next episode is likely to release around April 16, and Dr. Pink Cake certainly qualifies as a prominent dev. If that's the concern, Drifty could conceivably be ready to release before then, but there's not much margin for error. He could also hold off a week or so, but DPC tends to announce his releases late so it might be hard to time if Drifty wants to give a release date further in advance. (There's also City of Broken Dreamers which is approaching its own release, but the timeline there is a bit less settled.)

Meanwhile next week is presumably the anniversary of Chapter 1's release, so that should be fun!

Yugan

Jan 18, 2021
Just started playing this a few days ago, absolutely enjoying the gameplay and dialogue. well done to the Dev. just hope i get to tell Steph to take a long walk of a short pier. that part kinda hit home hard. :(

also is anyone else having an issue adding songs to their phone on the plane? i can't seem to add any songs to start the party

Last edited:

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
this is a cute story so far. i think the pic of her butt was a bit off-rythm but so far it has a better vibe than some of these other games. Just met the Cece girl and that's an insta-heart moment.
"By the way it's a good look on you."
"What is?"
"Your smile."

Cece is my second favorite girl. My favorite one is Lexi. So, I'll go first for Lexi path, then Cece's.

Jordan_K

Feb 18, 2021
Cece is my second favorite girl. My favorite one is Lexi. So, I'll go first for Lexi path, then Cece's.
im doing the same thing. went for Lexi. but for some reason i keep missing opportunities with her. i can't start the party on the plane, and they stop making out later at the place.

Reactions: underoath27

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
im doing the same thing. went for Lexi. but for some reason i keep missing opportunities with her. i can't start the party on the plane, and they stop making out later at the place.
Did you look walkthrough? It helps a lot, how to start the party on the plane.

Reactions: Jordan_K
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes