ION0G0

May 10, 2021
So I finished Monday. It's Friday now and I am still thinking about these characters. Really great story-telling. As a side bonus I discovered the Talbott Brothers' music. 'Without a Doubt' is a haunting and beautiful song which added a lot to the experience for scenes where it plays. The dev did a great job curating the soundtrack.

I will be turning 50 soon and so am now introspective and retrospective in my life. I am not in crisis but I am beginning to mourn my youth. I have never really been closed off emotionally, but I am finding myself experiencing higher emotion levels. A well written VN with skillful story telling, nuanced character development and good production/music I am really enjoying a lot. This VN is probably my current fav.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018

Unlocked
Illustrated Dev Diary, July 9th, 2021
There's some things to cover this week, so I'll jump right into it.
Progress
First of all, it's been an extremely productive week. I think I've rendered more than I've done in any single week before. In addition to that I spent 2 days building what will be the centrepiece scene of this chapter and completed the light-test renders (which I don't add to the render count).
That scene will probably consist of somewhere between 300-500 renders alone, with countless different staging possibilities due to who your girl is, or other earlier choices, and consist of a total of 11 people at the same place at the same time.
This weeks renders bumps the render count up to 820 story renders and 8,522 animated frames. It also leaves me somewhat behind on the renpy part, so at some point I will have to abandon renders for a bit and go all in on the scripting in order to catch up.
Leap of Faith figurines and possible competition
I've ordered the first of what will hopefully be several Leap of Faith figurines. This one is of Cece. I really want to host some kind of competition to give it away with the release of the new chapter, but there are Patreon rules to which kind of competition I can host. Most notably:
1. The contest can't be for patreons only if the winner is determined by luck (ea. number draw).
2, The contest can be held for patreons only if it's to be a creative competition where I decide upon a winner.
3. Alternatively, I can create a special tier spot, limited to 1 person, where the first to pick it up wins (this removes the luck factor/competition, and then acts as a reward instead).
Please feel free to share your opinion in the comments if you'd like a competition like this.
That's it for this week. Enjoy the season and stay safe.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

Unlocked
Progress
First of all, it's been an extremely productive week. I think I've rendered more than I've done in any single week before. In addition to that I spent 2 days building what will be the centrepiece scene of this chapter and completed the light-test renders (which I don't add to the render count).
That scene will probably consist of somewhere between 300-500 renders alone, with countless different staging possibilities due to who your girl is, or other earlier choices, and consist of a total of 11 people at the same place at the same time.
This weeks renders bumps the render count up to 820 story renders and 8,522 animated frames. It also leaves me somewhat behind on the renpy part, so at some point I will have to abandon renders for a bit and go all in on the scripting in order to catch up.
I've ordered the first of what will hopefully be several Leap of Faith figurines. This one is of Cece. I really want to host some kind of competition to give it away with the release of the new chapter, but there are Patreon rules to which kind of competition I can host. Most notably:
1. The contest can't be for patreons only if the winner is determined by luck (ea. number draw).
2, The contest can be held for patreons only if it's to be a creative competition where I decide upon a winner.
3. Alternatively, I can create a special tier spot, limited to 1 person, where the first to pick it up wins (this removes the luck factor/competition, and then acts as a reward instead).
Please feel free to share your opinion in the comments if you'd like a competition like this.
ooooo Cece looks amazing. Looks like they're in a desert obviously or something like that. Wonder why. I can't picture them in dune buggies but I'm very curious now. She doesn't overly happy though but she is dressed up. How interesting

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

Unlocked
Progress
Mmm, there's my girl. It was shitty to have to wait a whole update to get back to CeCe, but it looks like she is getting some love in the next one.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Mmm, there's my girl. It was shitty to have to wait a whole update to get back to CeCe, but it looks like she is getting some love in the next one.
I wouldn't mind an entire LI-centered chapter, and since Cece is my LI, I'd give my arm for that. An entire chapter just for her....

makes me feel so fuzzy inside but I'm sure that won't be the case

Reactions: Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Actually now that I think about it, being that CeCe went back home, and so do you at the end of the last update, does that mean we have to fly all the way back to LA to meet up with Nite Dawg? Not that it matters, I would go anywhere with this woman.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Actually now that I think about it, being that CeCe went back home, and so do you at the end of the last update, does that mean we have to fly all the way back to LA to meet up with Nite Dawg? Not that it matters, I would go anywhere with this woman.

I actually thought Cece met NiteDawg at the end of Chapter 4 before she went back home with Linda? At least that's how it seemed.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I can't wait to see her in the next update.

screenshot0568.png

Reactions: D Dog

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I actually thought Cece met NiteDawg at the end of Chapter 4 before she went back home with Linda? At least that's how it seemed.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I can't wait to see her in the next update.

Hmm I thought that you talk to either Lexi or Kevin in chapter 4 and they say that he will be home on the weekend to meet up. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I was under the impression you were supposed to go together. Unless it happened off screen.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
Hmm I thought that you talk to either Lexi or Kevin in chapter 4 and they say that he will be home on the weekend to meet up. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I was under the impression you were supposed to go together. Unless it happened off screen.
Isn't there an extra scene in Episode 5 with that meeting?

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Isn't there an extra scene in Episode 5 with that meeting?
I'm playing through again right now so I guess I'll see, but I know for a fact I never went anywhere with CeCe. Unless I messed something up of course. Just after the party it jumps to everyone getting ready to leave and you don't see her again until the end of the chapter.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
I'm playing through again right now so I guess I'll see, but I know for a fact I never went anywhere with CeCe. Unless I messed something up of course. Just after the party it jumps to everyone getting ready to leave and you don't see her again until the end of the chapter.
Yep. It doesn't happen on normal playthrough. I got the autograph from Kevin.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yep. It doesn't happen on normal playthrough. I got the autograph from Kevin.

That sounds like a mod. I don't have "extras" or replays. Does that mean they cut that from the "normal" game for no reason?

Edit: I didn't get the autograph from Kevin, he set up a meeting for me and CeCe to meet him.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
No mods. You unlock bonus scenes in your playthroughs.
How do I view them? I saw that message about unlocked scenes but I just they were different outcomes to scenes during gameplay. Unrelated, I just got the the flashback with Linda and noticed for the first time the dinosaur of a phone you have with full memory. It made me chuckle.

Edit: I never watched those because I thought they were noncanonical or spoilers.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
How do I view them? I saw that message about unlocked scenes but I just they were different outcomes to scenes during gameplay. Unrelated, I just got the the flashback with Linda and noticed for the first time the dinosaur of a phone you have with full memory. It made me chuckle.

Edit: I never watched those because I thought they were noncanonical or spoilers.
There's a label "Bonus scenes" in the main menu. As I understand, they're canon. You unlock them with some options or choices during gameplay. Like some dialog with Robin, or a message to Lexi. The Robin one, for example, if you said to her "I've should stayed the night", the scene is unlocked.

Last edited:

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
That sounds like a mod. I don't have "extras" or replays. Does that mean they cut that from the "normal" game for no reason?

Edit: I didn't get the autograph from Kevin, he set up a meeting for me and CeCe to meet him.
I wasn't remembering quite right. There are no replays, but the bonus scenes are there. I was mixing my games, sorry.

The autograph, you had to NOT ask Lexi for that, and on your way to meet Steph then apologize to CeCe for not getting it. Kevin hears you and then he says he will help you. He gives you the autograph during the bonus scene.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I wasn't remembering quite right. There are no replays, but the bonus scenes are there. I was mixing my games, sorry.

The autograph, you had to NOT ask Lexi for that, and on your way to meet Steph then apologize to CeCe for not getting it. Kevin hears you and then he says he will help you. He gives you the autograph during the bonus scene.
I did that. They really should have added that to the story and not hidden behind a sub menu.

Reactions: cubba and ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Unlocked
Progress
Thanks! I might as well update my charts.

Drifty completed 172 story renders and 1387 frames of animation this week. While that is a record for story renders, it's actually a drop in animation frames compared to the previous week (1961 frames); if we use the simple metric of adding the two together, that means this week is only about about three-quarters as productive as last week. Still, it's his second best week and well above the average pace - which now stands at 82 story renders and 852 animation frames per week. Here's the graphical version:
Obviously using the numbers from Chapter 5 as a target is an educated guess, but it does seem like a decent measuring stick if we assume this centrepiece Drifty mentioned will be the bulk of the remaining story renders. In that case it looks like Drifty could hit our speculative target by the end of the month - *IF* he can keep up this pace, of course.

Of course he specifically mentions falling behind on the Renpy part, so that's probably a bit optimistic. Combine that with how much ground this chapter needs to cover and I'd say we're probably looking at another month to finish writing/coding and render whatever odds and ends remain. That would probably lead to a release sometime in September, which seems plausible. Hopefully we'll get a better idea of what's left to do once the centrepiece is complete.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes