Mar 4, 2021
Gotta say this is one of my most favourite games. Even more than the ´real´ AAA games. But I also wanted to ask YOU how hard it is to create an artwork for example with those character models from DAZ for example if any of you have any experience with it. What does it take to do so. Thanks already even for reading and for this community.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Gotta say this is one of my most favourite games. Even more than the ´real´ AAA games. But I also wanted to ask YOU how hard it is to create an artwork for example with those character models from DAZ for example if any of you have any experience with it. What does it take to do so. Thanks already even for reading and for this community.
Using Daz isn't particularly "hard", but making an attractive character is very time consuming. But once that is done the posing for the stills is basically just arrange the scene how you want it and render. I'm not saying it is as simple as that at all but it isn't rocket science.

On the other front however, the animation side of things, that is a whole other can of worms. That is by far the hardest and most time consuming part of using Daz. It's hard to make an animation look natural (at least for me). I've taken to only using Daz to create my models and then exporting them to Blender which I am MUCH more familiar with.

Another reason I use that instead is the fact that I have an AMD card at the moment and CPU rendering on Daz it ridiculously slow as with Blender I can use my GPU with EEVEE. All I can say is give it a go, you'll find out for yourself if it's something you may be into.

Mar 4, 2021
Using Daz isn't particularly "hard", but making an attractive character is very time consuming. But once that is done the posing for the stills is basically just arrange the scene how you want it and render. I'm not saying it is as simple as that at all but it isn't rocket science.

On the other front however, the animation side of things, that is a whole other can of worms. That is by far the hardest and most time consuming part of using Daz. It's hard to make an animation look natural (at least for me). I've taken to only using Daz to create my models and then exporting them to Blender which I am MUCH more familiar with.

Another reason I use that instead is the fact that I have an AMD card at the moment and CPU rendering on Daz it ridiculously slow as with Blender I can use my GPU with EEVEE. All I can say is give it a go, you'll find out for yourself if it's something you may be into.
Thank you for your reply and advice. But to be honest I do not intend to do it, just being curious, altough, it seems attractive to be able to create those quality arts, just saying. But even if I´d like to give it a slight try, I have no clue where to begin, but I surely know some youtube or internet digging would do it. Anyway, thanks again. Appreciate it.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Thank you for your reply and advice. But to be honest I do not intend to do it, just being curious, altough, it seems attractive to be able to create those quality arts, just saying. But even if I´d like to give it a slight try, I have no clue where to begin, but I surely know some youtube or internet digging would do it. Anyway, thanks again. Appreciate it.
The software is free, and it will start you off with a base character and some clothing if you would like to try it.

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Jun 27, 2019
Any patrons here? Since the devs likes to cover his progress and news behind a paywall on his patron page, I'm wondering about the current state of the next update. Thanks in advance.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
Any patrons here? Since the devs likes to cover his progress and news behind a paywall on his patron page, I'm wondering about the current state of the next update. Thanks in advance.
Drifty post updates on Patreon every Friday. Somebody always share those updates here. Always.

Reactions: Abhai

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
April and May custom renders from DriftyGames
Edit: Additional post I just had to add for the fantastic picture of the prize figurine!

Last edited:

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Wanted to ask IF the update can be combined with the base game so that you don't have to play the base game, quit, and then launch the update version?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Wanted to ask IF the update can be combined with the base game so that you don't have to play the base game, quit, and then launch the update version?
Update doesn't work on its own. It needs to be extracted into the folder of the previous release.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes