kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I had a friend, not one of the closest though, that ended his life. I was with him for a couple of minutes that night before he went home to do his hanging. No signs, not then, not today.
That being sad, I clicked yes after 2 seconds. For me it's wasn't a big thing. Sure, a handful of tears gained a life on it's own, my heart definitely skipped a couple of beats and my lungs got filled more than usual but that's something I'm sort of used to experience having lost so many friends and family throughout my life.

Well done.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is the world today .. guess it was just like this 10 or 20 or 50 years ago too.
I got many so called ”friends” who ghost me left and right, of course I cannot
chase all of them and be there should they be depressed to not talk to me.

Reactions: TitanXlord

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Also does anyone know how to trigger Linda's sex scene, the option of go for it was blocked for me.
When you were at Lexi's place and had that night where you had to chose one of the girls. You would have had to chose Linda to start a relationship with her to then be able to have sex with her at the "prom".

Basically which ever girl you chose that night will be the only one you can have a relationship with later in the game unless of course you do some re-writing of the script. Except for Robin and Kira because you can have a relationship with both of them at the same time unless you chose one over the other. But who would do that?

Reactions: twiztid

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
My childhood friend growing up went away in the exact same manner, except none of us were there to stop her. While the romance aspects and other forms of writing are not anything extraordinary from this AVN, it is the second AVN to have made me cry. For that, I applaud the dev. All of the signs were subtly dropped in, and I still didn't see it coming. Depression is a very real thing, and to see it represented in this AVN so realistically(I'm not saying everything about this AVN is realistic), was not something I could have prepared for. Hopefully, this is as dark as it gets, and hopefully, Cece survives, because while I'm not interested in her romance story, she as a character, really grew on me. I am interested in how this situation will be resolved because a fall like that would definitely leave her with some permanent issues. It will be quite devastating if we are forced to make a major choice deciding whether or not she'll live.

All of this aside, this has been a good update. I've never been more disappointed to have been met with a cliffhanger lol. I do hope that Cece survives regardless of our choices... although this may, unfortunately, be wishful thinking.
I have seen in a few post here that the Dev has said Cece story doesn't end here. If that is true and she lives my question is what will she be like? I would hope it wouldn't be more then a broken bone or two I know Dev said its just a game but I can't imagine it going from this dark ending to she just was knot out for awhile unless of course the fall was a lot shorter then we lead to believe.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Turns out there was a platform right underneath and all she did was faint from the jump scare .... like the plank walking hottie banging her head on the end and loosing
consciousness, then drowning not because of the fall or the drop, but her unconscious ass hitting a hard surface on her way down. Totally not the case here, am I right?

Duck Avenger

Nov 10, 2020
Same, i am all for a bit of hurt even if i am in a bad place (it can help), but reading the last few pages i doubt it would be good this time.

Sorry to say that but this isn't helping. 'It gets better' can be one of the most hurting sentences to hear for someone who is in a bad spot, especially if its for a long time already. And though i and probably the one you replied to appreciate the thought behind your message, there is only ONE universally helpful (but often less appreciated) advice: seek out professional help!

You never really know how someone feels and what they think, and as much as it can help to "take one step at a time, rely on people you're the closest to" it can easily hurt you too. Not knowing if they have their own agenda, if they just don't want to or can't understand your perspective, or just not having anyone so close to trust them, there are many reasons to chose professional help even if it's just to be sure.

The things that hurt the most can come from the people who love you the most, and they might even only want the best for you while messing you up.
I agree with you, no one can really know what haunts a person affected by depression except the person himself/herself. I think my statements were biased by my own experience with this cancer I had some years ago (and by the fact that I don't really like psychologists, but that's just another bias of mine:sneaky:), I apologize for that.

Nonetheless, even though seeking professional help should be the main course of action, I think that for a fair part of people (especially the youngsters) who struggle with depression, asking directly for help is as difficult as trying to overcome depression itself, because it would require for them to fully come to terms with the fact that they are, in fact, ill, which is a thing that, in my opinion, a depressed person just doesn't have the strenght to realize, or the will to.

I think that, in this case, taking some time for yourself to fully understand what is (are) the real problem(s) that prevent you from living life to the fullest, while deepening few but significant bonds with people you trust to allow yourself to remain afloat at least for the time this process takes, is a good starting point (at least that was what helped me at the time). Whether these people are to be fully trusted or completely inept at taking up the task, that is an other matter.

That's just my two cents anyway, please do feel free to reply.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Wow quite an ending, extremely SAD, for all concerned - hope we come back with the next update and Cece survived is in hospital and the MC gets her some help she so desperately needs, maybe Lexi will as mentioned spring for the best
All in all this in my books less the failed suicide (I'm calling it) is the best story - some other items I didn't like but was great

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I agree with you, no one can really know what haunts a person affected by depression except the person himself/herself. I think my statements were biased by my own experience with this cancer I had some years ago (and by the fact that I don't really like psychologists, but that's just another bias of mine:sneaky:), I apologize for that.

Nonetheless, even though seeking professional help should be the main course of action, I think that for a fair part of people (especially the youngsters) who struggle with depression, asking directly for help is as difficult as trying to overcome depression itself, because it would require for them to fully come to terms with the fact that they are, in fact, ill, which is a thing that, in my opinion, a depressed person just doesn't have the strenght to realize, or the will to.

I think that, in this case, taking some time for yourself to fully understand what is (are) the real problem(s) that prevent you from living life to the fullest, while deepening few but significant bonds with people you trust to allow yourself to remain afloat at least for the time this process takes, is a good starting point (at least that was what helped me at the time). Whether these people are to be fully trusted or completely inept at taking up the task, that is an other matter.

When you see someone you love with the signs of depression you get them whatever they need ASAP - should be a right in the land

Reactions: Duck Avenger

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018

I don't think an apology is necessary. Trying to help is good (if its honest, genuine), but as said it can even hurt in the end no matter how good the intention. And that is exactly why professional help is so important.
As you said, in the struggle with depression it can be hard to come to terms with the fact you need help at all, and asking a professional is even a further hurdle ... i've been there, still am. Part of the problem is simply stigma, perception, and thats why i put effort into saying how important professional help is. Stigma needs to be overcome and talking about or even just mentioning it helps do that.
I hope some day it will become as easy to talk about help for mental health as it is to talk about going to see the orthopedist or dentist. No matter how many 'home cures' anyone knows, the '...but if it doesn't get better maybe see the doc about it' should just be something that would come automatically to mind and not even bat an eye.

Reactions: Duck Avenger

TongueFork

Jan 27, 2021
An excellent chapter as always. That ending though....

Even knowing something like this was coming, it was still a hard to see that happen to CeCe. The strong hints that she will survive help. A little.

It was the direct message, the glimpse of the story behind the story, that did it for me, though. As someone who has seen the effects on those who've lost loved ones to suicide--even decades later--and as a father, that whole scene and those last words spoken in particular broke me.

This has been one of my favorite AVNs since I first started reading it around chapter 2 or 3. That's all the more true now. I'm just grateful that Drifty is sharing these great characters and this emotional rollercoaster of a story with us.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
(I am not crying, something is in my eye) Man this ending hit me hard, not going to lie I have never had to lose someone from struggling with suicide, but I have lost someone from fighting with addiction. No matter what at the end of the day words I feel words and actions can only go so far with the pain we all feel when we see someone we love struggling and in pain with no idea how to help.

Da!si

Feb 19, 2018
Oh I cried. I understand that there is a tragedy behind it.
But it has been a wonderful game with lots of smiles and laughter.
Found myself laughing out loud many times :)
And then I cried a little bit more.
Sending all my love...

Reactions: RolandG.

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
Oh I cried. I understand that there is a tragedy behind it.
But it has been a wonderful game with lots of smiles and laughter.
Found myself laughing out loud many times :)
And then I cried a little bit more.
Sending all my love...
Why Would she do that thy both loved each other he well miss her

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes