Huyết Tộc

Aug 5, 2021
There is nothing to solve.
Cece does not consider herself worthy.
She is not looking 4 anyone to validate her.
She is not looking 4 attention.
She does not consider herself worthy.
How do you ”cure” / ”solve” / ”unwind” that?

She could be the most famous, the richest, the most adorned,
it would never stop her from trying to inflict pain on herself.
i'm not a therapist, but in my opinion: If Cece has emotion problem, then make her stay away from it. MC should take it easy at the beginning, and have a "play ground" with her as a children: like hide and seek, chasing, kungfu, sport, watch comedy together and something like that...So she will find out life is colorful. And she will be recovered, only time problem...In short, Cece didn't ready to face off with emotion yet, and MC approach Cece wrong way (too fast), i think so.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Depression is difficult to handle, and it can't be done if the depressed person isn't honest with themselves and others (one of whom should be a therapist) about what they feel. It's surprisingly easy to hide.

Even when someone admits they have a problem, you cannot solve it by "keeping them away from it" or otherwise demonstrating to them why they should be happy. Depression lives inside a person. It is not logical. It is not something from which one can recover by observing that there is good and happiness in the world, or doing fun activities. It requires resolving why there is unhappiness within. And sometimes medication. All of which requires willing participation.

There's no blame to be assigned here.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I have never played a game with such a realistic portrayal of depression. I am very sorry, Drifty, for what experiences in your life drove you to write this game, but I hope it helps you in some way. I think mixed media like this go a long way in showing many people what it is like either to experience it yourself, or see a loved one experience it. Amazing job. This game really touched me, more than any other. It is hard to take, but thank you.

Mental illness is just like physical illness. The brain is a physical object, even if it is too complex for medicine to understand it yet. Someday, we will get over differentiating between mental and "physical" illness, and just call it illness.

Nobody expects someone with heart disease to just get over it, or for one's family and friends to do more to help the one with heart disease get better.

Last edited:

Huyết Tộc

Aug 5, 2021
yeah, we're feeling bad for Cece. But remember when she broke the 4th wall (choose peek or don't peek)...so cute and funny :-(((

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
yeah, we're feeling bad for Cece. But remember when she broke the 4th wall (choose peek or don't peek)...so cute and funny :-(((
That's actually also incredibly realistic. (Not the 4th-wall breaking, ofc, but the humor she demonstrates.) There are many examples of extremely funny people (e.g., Robin Williams, R.I.P.) who inwardly are in agony. Though said before, it's still true that comedy is sometimes used to avoid acknowledging your inner demons.

Huyết Tộc

Aug 5, 2021
Just played the latest update...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
just try my bully is my lover ep5 <real sad story>. i haven't got over Leap of Faith yet, and now i have to dealt with my second problem. now i can't sleep...that ironic
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
That's actually also incredibly realistic. (Not the 4th-wall breaking, ofc, but the humor she demonstrates.) There are many examples of extremely funny people (e.g., Robin Williams, R.I.P.) who inwardly are in agony. Though said before, it's still true that comedy is sometimes used to avoid acknowledging your inner demons.
It is common to think that depressed people all sit in a corner and cry all day long. But just as healthy people can be bored, feel sad or gloomy, etc. depressed people can have fun, be glad, etc. Depression is more about the default mood and especially how you feel when you are alone with your own thoughts.

Reactions: Harnor

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It is common to think that depressed people all sit in a corner and cry all day long. But just as healthy people can be bored, feel sad or gloomy, etc. depressed people can have fun, be glad, etc. Depression is more about the default mood and especially how you feel when you are alone with your own thoughts.
Maybe that's a common perception. I don't know. I do know (and have known) many people suffering from it. Some of them continue to struggle with it, and some of them are no longer with us. It's a monster of a problem, definitely.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Maybe that's a common perception. I don't know. I do know (and have known) many people suffering from it. Some of them continue to struggle with it, and some of them are no longer with us. It's a monster of a problem, definitely.
I probably exaggerated too much. What I mean is it can be deceptively difficult to realise someone is depressed when that person often smiles and laughs while you are around. Most people I think have this builtin notion that laughing & smiling means happiness.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Rule97

May 2, 2018
Hope we got more of Lexi in the future also somehow i blocked myself from getting Linda? It appears i can only advice my BF to be with Linda, how do i avoid that?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
oof.jpg

Did you choose Cece over Linda ?
They know eachother and one will be happy 4 the other, you know?!?
Also, you and your bud were mates with Linda long ago, dealing with the same bully.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hope we got more of Lexi in the future also somehow i blocked myself from getting Linda? It appears i can only advice my BF to be with Linda, how do i avoid that?
As with any VN, it all depends on your choices in this game. If you're actively pursuing someone else, you're going to fail to get most of them (Kira / Robin or Lexi / Holly are exceptions).

Rule97

May 2, 2018
View attachment 1426684

Did you choose Cece over Linda ?
They know eachother and one will be happy 4 the other, you know?!?
Also, you and your bud were mates with Linda long ago, dealing with the same bully.
Well its not that i choose Cece per se, admitedly i gave her a little more attention but didn't think those small choices would be game changing, at which point is a point of no return?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It is the party finale at lexy house ...
I read somewhere around this thread that
the girl you wish to spend your night with locks you in her path.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes