May 8, 2018

1634302119331.png

This week I finished up the first of the three parts that make up chapter 7. It's the part that contains the most variation due to pathing. I've also started the second part, which is more a rollercoaster of emotions and I think I'm off to a good start as the wholesome onion cutting ninjas were dangerously close when I put together the first scene with text, visuals and sound.

Looking at the weeks until my planned release date, it's going to be tough. But I'm not one to shy away from a challenge so I'm pouring everything I've got into this right now. Nearly all my focus are on story renders, as they are the time consuming part of development. Animations is the easy part.

Numbers now stand at 630 static renders and 4,486 animation frames, averaging 126 story renders and 897 animation frames pr. week since the start of Chapter 7 development. Let me tell you, it's easy to output these numbers for a week or two. Keeping it up for months on end is a completely different story.

Anyway, noone likes a bragger, so let me just finish by saying I love doing this, and I can't wait to show you the next chapter. I always aim to make my next chapter my best one, and I dare say I'm on schedule for that goal.

Take care, have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
AUGH! Damn this game!!!!! The feels! It's my first run through, haven't read any spoilers and the only part I cheated on (by looking it up) was the "guess the glowing ass" contest.

At first I played the field. No real interest in Steph or Linda. Not really Kira either, Robin, a little. I was drawn to Cece. Broken people are my weakness, but then came Lexi. Wasn't all the interested, but was friendly, non-committal. When I heard Lexi's back story though, it resonated with me and my younger days fantasy of being the "rock" and "anchor" for some celeb that I was infatuated with. (Since they always had relationship problems.) So I picked her and I'm being loyal to her. Sorry Holly, you're cute, but kissing my girl was a no-no! But just went through the prom, that Cece planned, which was awesome and touching and thoughtful, and now, I'm on the couch with her, after she tells me what it's like to be her, playing guitar, and I actually feel like crying. I want to hug her. I was to kiss her. I want to start over and do a Cece run... but I want to finish this too... but I have such feelings for Cece.... AUGH!

This game is amazing and I love it. One of my favorites. Absolutely great writing.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
AUGH! Damn this game!!!!! The feels! It's my first run through, haven't read any spoilers and the only part I cheated on (by looking it up) was the "guess the glowing ass" contest.

At first I played the field. No real interest in Steph or Linda. Not really Kira either, Robin, a little. I was drawn to Cece. Broken people are my weakness, but then came Lexi. Wasn't all the interested, but was friendly, non-committal. When I heard Lexi's back story though, it resonated with me and my younger days fantasy of being the "rock" and "anchor" for some celeb that I was infatuated with. (Since they always had relationship problems.) So I picked her and I'm being loyal to her. Sorry Holly, you're cute, but kissing my girl was a no-no! But just went through the prom, that Cece planned, which was awesome and touching and thoughtful, and now, I'm on the couch with her, after she tells me what it's like to be her, playing guitar, and I actually feel like crying. I want to hug her. I was to kiss her. I want to start over and do a Cece run... but I want to finish this too... but I have such feelings for Cece.... AUGH!

This game is amazing and I love it. One of my favorites. Absolutely great writing.

Edit:
I stuck with Cece... But Lexi is my second favourite...will do her next after the game is done.

Reactions: Tor7

Gagi114

Jun 24, 2017
This is the best written game I've ever played. It truly is a fresh take on VN as opposed to a harem games we've all played, MC and all characters that you can identify with, feels like a movie or a TV series in a way. The world feels lived in and characters feel alive, like real people. Finished the last chapter for now, which is chapter 6 and that ending was really impactful, felt too real, like I was actually there, things happening to me. It makes you feel real emotions about the characters that you've developed over the course of a single playthrough. Great music and well-written dialogues truly make this game stand out so far that you can't really compare it to anything else. Congrats to the team still making this game, what a terrific job you've done.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 1453745

This week I finished up the first of the three parts that make up chapter 7. It's the part that contains the most variation due to pathing. I've also started the second part, which is more a rollercoaster of emotions and I think I'm off to a good start as the wholesome onion cutting ninjas were dangerously close when I put together the first scene with text, visuals and sound.

Looking at the weeks until my planned release date, it's going to be tough. But I'm not one to shy away from a challenge so I'm pouring everything I've got into this right now. Nearly all my focus are on story renders, as they are the time consuming part of development. Animations is the easy part.

Numbers now stand at 630 static renders and 4,486 animation frames, averaging 126 story renders and 897 animation frames pr. week since the start of Chapter 7 development. Let me tell you, it's easy to output these numbers for a week or two. Keeping it up for months on end is a completely different story.

Anyway, noone likes a bragger, so let me just finish by saying I love doing this, and I can't wait to show you the next chapter. I always aim to make my next chapter my best one, and I dare say I'm on schedule for that goal.

Take care, have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
I see Drifty is horning in on my territory now. :cautious:

He completed 177 story renders and 724 frames of animation this week. As he said, he's averaging 126 story renders and 897 frames of animation per week since starting work on Chapter 7; he's averaging 105 story and 748 animation frames per week if you include his week off after Chapter 6 launched the way my spreadsheet does. Here are the charts:
Drifty mentioned he's completed the first of three sections of the chapter, which contains a disproportionate amount of the complicated pathing. If we arbitrarily assume that represents roughly 40% of the total work for Chapter 7 we can get a very rough estimate of where we stand. Using that metric, we'd get ~1575 projected total story renders and ~11200 projected total frames of animation. That would put Drifty on pace to release the chapter around the end of the year. Of course, this is obviously extremely speculative, but it's the best we can do for now.

It's interesting to see Holly get her own preview. While I'm very worried about having enough screen time for Kira, Robin and Linda, I do hope Holly will get some time on her own without Lexi. If she's going to be valid choice for the endgame she needs to be able to stand on her own two feet - even with those hideous toes of hers. :p

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
I stuck with Cece... But Lexi is my second favourite...will do her next after the game is done.
Just finished my Cece run. I'm crying again. Damn this game. As soon as that stupid warning screen came up, my throat tightened and got all stuffy. When she left my hand I wanted to scream "No!" too.

After doing the Lexi run, I actually felt bad for Lexi as I did the Cece path. She was just looking for love too.

I'm done for now. So many emotions. Damn. This game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ryozuke and Alfius

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Most girls are not looking for love, they would rather just have a quick pump or literally what the guy has:
his car, his job, his house, his life.
Very few girls actually want the guy because they feel good when they are with him.

Other deterrent in making relationships further than a spurr of the moment connection is:
the tabu that guys have ta pursue girls.

Many girls will not actually pursue their prince charming and some would even refuse him multiple times, because of the tabu that the guy has to ask the girl out:
well .. guess what - she said no and that was that.

This game works becasue the girls are not princessy no no barbies.
They are down to earth, they do engage and have one active role in
making their dates work for them rather than wait for the guy to provide
their happy feels: feeling good is up to each and every individual, cece demonstrates that.

Nobody should just lay there waiting for the happy moments and their giddy senses to kick in.

nicerook

Jun 2, 2018
I want this game to stream, Leap of faith is the most my favorite game So I expect dev have plenty of support.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Most girls are not looking for love, they would rather just have a quick pump or literally what the guy has:
Except Lexi has all that and can get a quick pump by snatching her fingers.

She wants what the MC can give her. I partner and a lover. That is what she's missing and what the MC can giver her.

Also getting back to the MC, he was written as such a cool, honest, funny and no nonsense guy. That he is actually quite a catch for any girl. This is one of the only stories I have played on here where I can fully understand why all the girls are falling for the MC. He does not cheat and he is genuine nice guy.

Lexi knows what she could have in him.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Very few girls actually want the guy because they feel good when they are with him.
Wow, just wow... :rolleyes:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Well, he is not completely wrong.
I would maybe just change "Most girls" to "A lot of girls"... and agree with this 100%

Also a lot of women seems to strongly dislike men nowadays, but a topic for another day.
The flipside of that is some(a lot) girls are still pretty decent.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
This is pretty true. Between feminist and online dating (hookup culture) dating a women, unless you are in the top 10% of guys is a rare thing. A lot of women will not date down, ie if the guy does not make the same or more, they won't date you. Never mind that guys have been doing that since creation. A lot of women believe they are entitled to someone who looks like the MC (must be over 6', must be athletic, etc), even if they are clearly well below that level in looks. A study showed that women consider 80% of the men on dating apps "below average" in appearance . What they fail to realize is that that the top 10-20% of men, have so many options, they aren't going to settle down. They can "hit it and quit it" at any time. And when/if they do finally decide to settle down, it will be with a top 10% women too. Heck, I even saw a study that showed that... it was at least a third of women, will say yes to a date a guy they are not interested in, to get a free dinner.

Edit: Added sources. Please note, I said "a lot" not "all" and "a lot" is subjective. shrugs. Also, the over 6' and athletic, (and you can probably add "makes over 6 figures" too) is ancedotal, I don't have a study, but it's very common in women's dating profiles.

Last edited:

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Game related question... What is the "bonus" with getting the autograph from Nite Dawg? On my Cece path that I ran through yesterday, I got the autograph but didn't get the bonus (1 task completed, the other failed.) Today, I ran through it again, but the "scenes" that were different was that I didn't ask Lexi, and instead talked with Kevin. Is that the "bonus"? All the other scenes seemed to have played out the same as when I passed one, failed the other.

May 8, 2018
Game related question... What is the "bonus" with getting the autograph from Nite Dawg? On my Cece path that I ran through yesterday, I got the autograph but didn't get the bonus (1 task completed, the other failed.) Today, I ran through it again, but the "scenes" that were different was that I didn't ask Lexi, and instead talked with Kevin. Is that the "bonus"? All the other scenes seemed to have played out the same as when I passed one, failed the other.
Yes, the bonus is simply not asking Lexi about the autograph because Kevin will later overhear the conversation in the limo and get it for you.

Reactions: Tor7

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Yes, the bonus is simply not asking Lexi about the autograph because Kevin will later overhear the conversation in the limo and get it for you.
Ahhh okay. Thanks for the answer. Is there any ramifications for either route? I didn't notice anything, but that's not to say I didn't miss something.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Except Lexi has all that and can get a quick pump by snatching her fingers.

She wants what the MC can give her. I partner and a lover. That is what she's missing and what the MC can giver her.

Also getting back to the MC, he was written as such a cool, honest, funny and no nonsense guy. That he is actually quite a catch for any girl. This is one of the only stories I have played on here where I can fully understand why all the girls are falling for the MC. He does not cheat and he is genuine nice guy.

Lexi knows what she could have in him.
I've said it before but it bears repeating. "Lexi is all you need!"

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Lookin through the last few pages I read a lot of "I did a [insert name] run"
So I take it the Game has no definite end yet but some routes are?

Stratos_69

Oct 13, 2021
When i satrated to play at this VN it was like the others that i've played but with some things that picked my interest with the plot especially. When i have advanced a bit far in the story i was taken by this surrender like if i was the MC himself but it was a good sensation to experience and again more that i advanced to story the more i like the characters and all.

The last chapter was a pain emotions, when someone talk some topic like suicide that anyone don't develop or speak generaly, Drifty maded and yes i've cried (i could't help it) but the writing of the story was just so great to apreciate really a good works like this one. I think any others VN can't compete with this one (or maybe in the future) if i should rate this one it's a 5/5 for everything that's contain in this deep, emotional,life story (i don't know if the writter was inspired by his own experiences but wow).

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes