Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Uhh, can someone spoil me what happened in the game that make a lot of people cry, pls? I want to play this game, but I'm afraid to proceed any further because my heart is especially weak when playing this type of game. I don't mind spoiling, I want to know what I'm gonna face. I had a bad experience with Acting Lesson, yeah sure it's had a lot of impacts, and it's what made the game great. But, TBH I've no desire to experience something like that again.
Long story short, Cece jumps off the Vincent Bridge at the end of Chapter 6. She tried doing it once already but the MC in the game saved her. This time, it happened, and she is now in a coma.

I took several months away from this game once I found out what was going to happen to Cece. Just came back to it last week and had to play Band-Maid music in the background to get through it. It's not going to be easy to do. Like you, the end of Acting Lessons messed me up for about four days, most of which I stayed in bed under the covers for.

Last edited:

Once_Up

Aug 20, 2021
Long story short, Cece jumps off the Vincent Bridge at the end of Chapter 6. She tried doing it once already but the MC in the game saved her. This time, it happened, and she is now in a coma.

I took several months away from this game once I found out what was going to happen to Cece. Just came back to it last week and had play Band-Maid music in the background to get through it. It's not going to be easy to do. Like you, the end of Acting Lessons messed me up for about four days, most of which I stayed in bed under the covers for.
Damn, AL did the exact same thing to me man, never once in my life that I'd have thought that adult game would impact me more than any other media I've ever consumed! I can't sleep that night, I felt like I losing my girlfriend for real.

After that, let's say I've to consume the most wholesome shit I can find for a while :cry:

Reactions: DarkOs31 and ladc

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
That's what I did. As soon as I noticed what Chapter 6 was going to be like, I uninstalled it, and took some time away from it and let my brain deal with the fact that something terrible was going to happen to Cece. When I played it fort the first time last week since the Ch6 release, I put on some happy music (Band-Maid) towards the end of the chapter and just began singing the lyrics once Cece left the house to go to the bridge.

Having done most of my suicide attempts via OD (nearly a dozen), I've told many people since I've been playing this game in general that I share many traits with Cece, so I can definitely understand what she's going through. I think if it wasn't for the music I had playing, I'd be in utter pieces.

I'm very curious as to what will happen when I go through the game at a slower pace without anything pulling my brain away from those scenes. I'd probably become a blubbering mass in milliseconds.
After months without playing LoF, last weekend, I deleted my previous saves and started again, trying to reach all paths.

Man, that was a hell of a trip. Depressing, shocking, sad, but weirdely somewhat poethical. Cece is/was an Angel (that's what I tried to think about it, to not get crazy about it). But I think I endured that.

From what I seen on this trhead, many people compared LoF to Acting Lessons - I completely disagree.

I played AL 2 years ago and didn't properly finished. I never played again. I'm still have it on my pc, and I even don't know why.

Even the sense of devastating loss maybe could be seen in a similar way between LoF and AL, the similarities ends there.

- On AL, the event that cause the death of one of the LI's is violent, evil and perpetrated by a third person (that fuckin' psycho nurse)

- On the same event, you (the player) was NOT properly warned about earlier. In comparison, on LoF, the story shows hints along the path and warns you about the incoming Cece's imminent suicide attempt.

- The impossible choice between who lives and who dies on AL was the breaking point for me. Acting Lessons put the players on a tight spot much worse than LoF. On Leap of Faith, the players don't have a real choice to prevent Cece's actions, but the dev put a several hints on the path. Even that, the plot does not involves a violent act by a third person against her. It's just so much different than AL from perspective.

- Due to my job (photojournalist and newspaper reporter), I've seen things that I do not want anyone to see,
or to go through it. All I can say about that is: a death by fire is one of the most violent and depressing things that I've ever saw, and is even worst on a case that was a income for a intentional act. Because of that, I'd given a top star for DPC's Acting Lessons on a gore, horror plot, than any horror stories around.

- Chapter 6 hits me like a wrecking ball, it hits me pretty bad and messed me up too, but I tryin' to put the pieces on place and move on.

To Mark Takagi, I don't know you and it is probably I never will. But I feel sorry for you. You don't know me, but if you need someone to talk - with no judgements or preconcieved thoughts - you can give a message, anytime. Be strong, bro!

* NOT a english native speaker.

Last edited:

metfreak

May 6, 2020
I'm having a slight issue if anyone can help me! The game was playing great for me. I turned on my PC today and when I run the game I get the first two screens (the one where it gives the age warning) then before the main menu I get an error. I cannot rollback or anything. What can I do? Here is the traceback message

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 588, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 608, in execute
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'show_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\VNs\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 608, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 608, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'show_name'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Thu Nov 04 10:30:25 2021

impulse4pt0

Dec 22, 2019
first time ever posting on this site. played a bunch of these games most to pass the time with something different. the story for this game is great never really though one of these stories would have actual depth.

testington

Oct 2, 2017
Holy fucking shit Cece is a MASTERPIECE! Im only at episode 3ish about the board the privatjet but ive already completely fallen for her. I really hope drifty doesnt go all acting lessons on us with this one. I dont think my heart could take that another time!

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Holy fucking shit Cece is a MASTERPIECE! Im only at episode 3ish about the board the privatjet but ive already completely fallen for her. I really hope drifty doesnt go all acting lessons on us with this one. I dont think my heart could take that another time!
Be ready for Chapter 6. Tissues and everything.

• Sad
Reactions: crotch69

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Do u no when The next Update This Month or Dec ?
Hard to say with any certainty. Here's the progress as of last week:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Animations have been compiling faster than stills, but that might change as we approach the finish line. Without knowing exactly how big the chapter is supposed to be we can only guess based on the relative size of Chapter 6 (which was fairly comparable to Chapter 5). My guess would be somewhere from late December to mid January, and I'd probably lean on the pessimistic side. But maybe we're due for a Christmas miracle?

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
The 5.3gb file named leapoffaith-0.6.1c-pc is the latest one to download, personally I do not bother with just update files, I will just download the whole thing.
Updates for all the games I've played (including this one) let you start from the very beginning, if you want. Almost all let you use your saves, some dont due to changes in the games code etc. So the 5.3GB download is the game you can re-start at the beginning.
This is what I get when I run the 5.3GB file from the OP.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

LeapofFaith.JPG

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
I am sure you did, but are you sure you downloaded the 5.3GB because I downloaded the 5.3GB off Mega and it plays fine, I downloaded the update file and it came up with the screen you posted.
What download portal did you use?
My file is the 5.3GB but the extracted folder size is under 3GB. Problem with the file. Going after it again. ;)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
finally finished current content yesterday (started on oct 29th but other games and other things prevented to finish this) and gotta say that well made, good graphics and animations, great story (equal on stwa and phillygames), easy gameplay except need to complete tasks, replay is needed since can't get all girls on 1 play but that's gotta wait full version.

played with wt-mod (which causes renpy errors when trying to access mod options) and still missed 1 bonus scene.

still no idea what those codes do and where to enter those.

Theskyisyours

Nov 10, 2021
Its my first time posting on this forum
I really like the artstyle,music and most especially the story.
I just finish the game today got hooked played the whole day.

I am diagnose with depression , anxiety and self harm for the majority of my life,
Thoughtless me just downloaded this game because of the rating and went to just go with it.

Then came the warning ⚠ on the last chapter I am already close and want to know more of the story so I just risked it even though knowing the condition I have but.. damn didn't expect it. It is so relatable that I accidentally put my guard down and damn my demons got hold of me.

For any of you that would play this and got the same condition as mine proceed with caution please.
I am fine by the way no self harm happend. But would greatly appreciate a cheerup.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

I am diagnose with depression , anxiety and self harm for the majority of my life,
Thoughtless me just downloaded this game because of the rating and went to just go with it.

Then came the warning ⚠ on the last chapter I am already close and want to know more of the story so I just risked it even though knowing the condition I have but.. damn didn't expect it. It is so relatable that I accidentally put my guard down and damn my demons got hold of me.

For any of you that would play this and got the same condition as mine proceed with caution please.
I am fine by the way no self harm happend. But would greatly appreciate a cheerup.
Well, i think u can have ur hopes up that Ceces story won't end like this.
The current drama with Cece was, well very predictable for anyone who has expirience with depressions directly or close friends/family/work related. Very good writing for her character thought, alas seeing where it comes from....not something u wish anyone to experience.

crotch69

Aug 20, 2020

Cheer up buddy, life gets better.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I know perfectly well how you feel,depressions since 15years, suicidal thoughts on a weekly basis.
But i'll never do it!
Cece is so well written that i fell in love with her,cuz she is amazing in this story!
Thats why i hated the dev after playing Chapter 6 .
Cuz it really hit me !
After some days to calm down,i need to say: THANK YOU DRIFTY!!!
Its a hell of a story,and will always be in my top 3 .

• Red Heart
Reactions: R P and NaruNaru1
4.80 star(s) 559 Votes