JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
With such good rating.. itch to download gets high... but then the cover pic of a girl with tears in her eyes... stops me every time... So I decided to ask formally...... is it really sadistic??
Somehow this game gives "Acting Lessons" vibe.

Looks like dev lost his daughter and wrote a story about it but slightly corrected (it's a game after all).
I wouldn't say it's sadistic but sad. And goofy as hell, sometimes overkill.

Sep 9, 2020
wow this game.... it really hits you in the feelings especially if you're in a similar place
OK, maybe this is not really the place. But hey, if ever you want to talk, let some air out or just vent a bit. There are a number of people here that you can talk to. Don't be afraid of that. If anything, just PM me, I may not be the best shoulder to cry on, but my ears are always wide open...

Reactions: herrbertold

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
So, no one has done a 0.6.1 WT since Zoey stopped doing it? Just ran through the game fresh with the mod, got a few warnings, would rather have a PDF if anyone can point one out

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah I used that for the playthrough I just did, only had 3 bonus scenes at the end, I guess I'm just more comfortable with a PDF for this game for some reason. All my other games I use mods for, don't know why I don't like using one here. I guess one WT mod bad experience from the past still haunts me.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020

Illustrated Dev Diary, October 29th, 2021
When I wrote this story some years ago, I knew there are some scenes that would stand out and I had to put a lot of work into getting it right when I got to that part.
Let me tell you, there's something extremely satisfying about finally being able to render the scenes I've been visualizing in my head for so long, and then getting the goosebumps I had hoped for when looking at the completed version.
In other words, I've been very much in the zone this week, bumping story renders up to 884, and animation frames to 6,364. And with that, I've also completed (with the exception of some animations) the second of the three parts that make up chapter 7.
I've been asked a lot lately when the release date is, and honestly I don't know. We're not quite there yet, but getting there fast. This third part contains some huge scenes and they are always a bit more time consuming to do. This is also shaping up to be probably the biggest update yet. But I'll keep grinding the renders and the instant I'm comfortable in giving a release date, I'll do that. Keep reading these dev diaries, and you'll be the first to know.
For comparison, this is the development period of the story so far:
chapter 1: 10 weeks
chapter 2: 8 weeks
chapter 3: 9 weeks
chapter 4, part 1: 10 weeks
chapter 4, part 2: 12 weeks
chapter 5: 18 weeks
chapter 6: 18 weeks
chapter 7 (so far): 8 weeks
Anyway, I'm back to my dev cellar. Have a nice Halloween weekend, and stay safe out there.
(And no, that Cece render is not from the story) :)
// Drifty

1635511768053.png

1635511807389.png
1635511845328.png

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Illustrated Dev Diary, October 29th, 2021
When I wrote this story some years ago, I knew there are some scenes that would stand out and I had to put a lot of work into getting it right when I got to that part.
Let me tell you, there's something extremely satisfying about finally being able to render the scenes I've been visualizing in my head for so long, and then getting the goosebumps I had hoped for when looking at the completed version.
In other words, I've been very much in the zone this week, bumping story renders up to 884, and animation frames to 6,364. And with that, I've also completed (with the exception of some animations) the second of the three parts that make up chapter 7.
I've been asked a lot lately when the release date is, and honestly I don't know. We're not quite there yet, but getting there fast. This third part contains some huge scenes and they are always a bit more time consuming to do. This is also shaping up to be probably the biggest update yet. But I'll keep grinding the renders and the instant I'm comfortable in giving a release date, I'll do that. Keep reading these dev diaries, and you'll be the first to know.
For comparison, this is the development period of the story so far:
chapter 1: 10 weeks
chapter 2: 8 weeks
chapter 3: 9 weeks
chapter 4, part 1: 10 weeks
chapter 4, part 2: 12 weeks
chapter 5: 18 weeks
chapter 6: 18 weeks
chapter 7 (so far): 8 weeks
Anyway, I'm back to my dev cellar. Have a nice Halloween weekend, and stay safe out there.
(And no, that Cece render is not from the story) :)
// Drifty

View attachment 1473919

View attachment 1473920
View attachment 1473921
This was a good week; Drifty completed 160 story renders and 1878 frames of animation. His overall average is now up to 111 story renders and 796 frames of animation per week since Chapter 6 launched. You can see the pleasing upwards trend of the data in the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The animation render rate remains extremely variable, so it's hard to make any realistic predictions based on it. The story render is more consistent, though it's not clear just what the target will be. Our previous estimate was based on the guess that Drifty was ~40% done on October 15. We know he's now completed (mostly) two of the three sections of the update, but we also know the third section is likely to be disproportionately big. If we assume this means we're somewhere between 50%-60% complete, our estimated story render count would be in the 1470-1768 range. That would translate to Drifty being finished somewhere between the beginning of December and the beginning of January (though we'd probably want to add a week or two for testing and wrap up).

There is a catch, however. While that would match or exceed any previous chapter in terms of story renders, it would only be a development time of ~14-18 weeks. Drifty said this is shaping up to be the biggest development yet, which suggests that either it's probably going past 18 weeks or that Drifty's rendering setup is significantly more powerful than previously. I'm skeptical of the latter since his rates thus far have been relatively comparable to Chapter 6. So it's probably best to assume we'll be in for a longer wait. For now, there's not much to do but be patient.

Skrins06

Oct 26, 2021
I cried. Which for me means that the game was good enough, and well written enough to make me care about the people in it.

This is my first ever post on that forum, but I believe that this story deserves it.

(In comparison, I'm fast forwarding most "lengthy, cringy, soapy feeling moments in movies" :) )

Very good job to the devs/writers.

themangod

Jul 7, 2018
does anyone know where i can download the v0.45 of the game? cause i cant seem to play the game without it. and the links here dont seem to have it.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
does anyone know where i can download the v0.45 of the game? cause i cant seem to play the game without it. and the links here dont seem to have it.
It sounds like you are downloading the update file only, the full links are above that on the 1st post

themangod

Jul 7, 2018
It sounds like you are downloading the update file only, the full links are above that on the 1st post
I have both the 5.3gb file and the 2.3gb file
the 5.3gb file is named leapoffaith-0.6.1c-pc
the 2.3gb file is named leapoffaith-0.6.1cp-pc

do one of those 2 rar files contain chapters 1-4/v0.45?

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I have both the 5.3gb file and the 2.3gb file
the 5.3gb file is named leapoffaith-0.6.1c-pc
the 2.3gb file is named leapoffaith-0.6.1cp-pc

do one of those 2 rar files contain chapters 1-4/v0.45?
The 5.3gb file named leapoffaith-0.6.1c-pc is the latest one to download, personally I do not bother with just update files, I will just download the whole thing.
Updates for all the games I've played (including this one) let you start from the very beginning, if you want. Almost all let you use your saves, some dont due to changes in the games code etc. So the 5.3GB download is the game you can re-start at the beginning.

Reactions: weirdscix

themangod

Jul 7, 2018
The 5.3gb file named leapoffaith-0.6.1c-pc is the latest one to download, personally I do not bother with just update files, I will just download the whole thing.
Updates for all the games I've played (including this one) let you start from the very beginning, if you want. Almost all let you use your saves, some dont due to changes in the games code etc. So the 5.3GB download is the game you can re-start at the beginning.
shit. the 5.3gb one i downloaded is corrupted(like its the audio01.rpa and image03.rpa checksum error when i extract it) and i cant redownload it since ncopy server is down. i cant use the mega link since i need to wait 5hrs for the free download to come back on. the anon link takes 21hrs to download and the last link is about the same. Idk of the world is trying to stop me from playing this game or something.

ghdfgh76589790

May 6, 2021
Put off playing the most recent update, because, you know.

Finally got in the right state to play it, It fucking destroyed me. No words, other people have stated it much more eloquently. But this is just on another level to any other. You certainly wrote one hell of a story.

Reactions: DarkOs31 and Exses

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Put off playing the most recent update, because, you know.

Finally got in the right state to play it, It fucking destroyed me. No words, other people have stated it much more eloquently. But this is just on another level to any other. You certainly wrote one hell of a story.
That's what I did. As soon as I noticed what Chapter 6 was going to be like, I uninstalled it, and took some time away from it and let my brain deal with the fact that something terrible was going to happen to Cece. When I played it fort the first time last week since the Ch6 release, I put on some happy music (Band-Maid) towards the end of the chapter and just began singing the lyrics once Cece left the house to go to the bridge.

Having done most of my suicide attempts via OD (nearly a dozen), I've told many people since I've been playing this game in general that I share many traits with Cece, so I can definitely understand what she's going through. I think if it wasn't for the music I had playing, I'd be in utter pieces.

I'm very curious as to what will happen when I go through the game at a slower pace without anything pulling my brain away from those scenes. I'd probably become a blubbering mass in milliseconds.

Once_Up

Aug 20, 2021
Uhh, can someone spoil me what happened in the game that make a lot of people cry, pls? I want to play this game, but I'm afraid to proceed any further because my heart is especially weak when playing this type of game. I don't mind spoiling, I want to know what I'm gonna face. I had a bad experience with Acting Lesson, yeah sure it's had a lot of impacts, and it's what made the game great. But, TBH I've no desire to experience something like that again.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes