StultusAnglicus

Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Those BaDIK fan really need to stop doing this -snip- BaDIK is a really good game but it not the only good game in this universe -snip-
I'm a big BaDIK fan but to me comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.
BaDIK makes me laugh
Leap of Faith me cry like a little baby. (Maybe its the content knocking a little close to home).

Point is both are great but for different reasons. I agree and wish more people could see that rather than hitting each other over the heads with big signs that just say 'GOAT'.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

ep8_stage01anim100.png

You know it's been a busy week when it feels like the last dev update was yesterday.

I've been going at it in Daz and by the looks of it, it's been productive. I don't even know the numbers before I look at my work folders for these updates - which is now at 1,462 story renders and 19,082 frames of animation.

Sadly, one thing I did notice is that every render for the main event needs twice the number of iterations, effectively taking twice the amount of time to render. This is probably due to the insane amount of lighting (at some point topping 80 light sources), and the general dimness of the area.

This isn't good news when you are planning a 5-minute animation, but the solution was rather simple. This main event animation will run 30fps instead of the 60fps used elsewhere. I have also got my second render rig up and running, and it should be rendering none stop once I have the animations posed, which is my main goal for next week.

Oh, and one last thing. The trailer should be out in a few hours. Doing the last bits of timing now.

Keep your notifications on for Patreon, my Youtube channel, or Discord server to see it when it's out.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 1887942

You know it's been a busy week when it feels like the last dev update was yesterday.

I've been going at it in Daz and by the looks of it, it's been productive. I don't even know the numbers before I look at my work folders for these updates - which is now at 1,462 story renders and 19,082 frames of animation.

Sadly, one thing I did notice is that every render for the main event needs twice the number of iterations, effectively taking twice the amount of time to render. This is probably due to the insane amount of lighting (at some point topping 80 light sources), and the general dimness of the area.

This isn't good news when you are planning a 5-minute animation, but the solution was rather simple. This main event animation will run 30fps instead of the 60fps used elsewhere. I have also got my second render rig up and running, and it should be rendering none stop once I have the animations posed, which is my main goal for next week.

Oh, and one last thing. The trailer should be out in a few hours. Doing the last bits of timing now.

Keep your notifications on for Patreon, my Youtube channel, or Discord server to see it when it's out.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
Hmmm. We get numbers, but we don't have a good context for them; it's a curious feeling. Guess we'll just chart them and see what happens.

Drifty completed 113 story renders and 966 frames of animation this week, the strongest week we've had in months. The overall average now stands at 56 stories and 734 frames of animation per week since Chapter 4 launched. Here's the graphical version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The charts are trending upwards nicely, we just don't know where the finish line is. We've blown past the size of any previous update, but that's not surprising since this is the big finale. As it turns out, charts aren't a lot of help in uncharted territory. Go figure.

I suppose we can metagame a bit; Drifty put out the trailer, but didn't pick a release date. That says we're probably at least a month out, but probably not two-ish months. That would give us a late July to late August window, which puts the targets somewhere in the vicinity of 1900-2400 story renders and 23,000-27,000 frames of animation. Let's stick with that for now.

I definitely want to see the big show, but I'll admit I'm a little leery of the trailer. I'm not sure a literal showstopper from Lexi is the right end to this particular journey, at least not if you didn't romance her. Lexi's a big part of the story, but this isn't *her* journey and there's so much ground we need to cover for the other girls. It just makes me very nervous. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Just watched the CH8 trailer. Literally Got goosebumps. Drifty really knows how to make the feels.

Is the one in the black leather Linda? Only saw a leg. She and Robin are missing from the trailer.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I've been playing a lot of the other heavy story VN's I have, and have decided that Drifty's "Leap of Faith" is the most Emotional, Epic, Fantastic, Mind Blowing Visual Novel ever. There should be an official Booker Prize section for VN's and this piece of Art, Music and Story, should be getting the highest accolade.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
With all due respect, Derek from BaDIK is better spelled than Liam and Chris. It's the same archetype, the same type, but Derek has his moments of enlightenment and isn't really the joker he tries to seem.
You are joking, right? Maybe Derek is funnier, to most, but in what universe is he a better wingman/friend than Chris and Liam?

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I've been playing a lot of the other heavy story VN's I have, and have decided that Drifty's "Leap of Faith" is the most Emotional, Epic, Fantastic, Mind Blowing Visual Novel ever. There should be an official Booker Prize section for VN's and this piece of Art, Music and Story, should be getting the highest accolade.
Without using the walkthrough, how do we know when to use the mobile phones?
I never find the option to give Holly cigarette or Lexi's contact on the first night.

On that note, if we go through the game multiple times speedrunning already-read dialogues, we could miss replying to texts too, are we?

Is walkthrough a must to get Holly's cigarette and other small stuffs?

I read the walkthrough, and even with the walkthrough, I couldn't find the exact time I need to open the mobilephone to get cigarette.

MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Without using the walkthrough, how do we know when to use the mobile phones?
I never find the option to give Holly cigarette or Lexi's contact on the first night.

On that note, if we go through the game multiple times speedrunning already-read dialogues, we could miss replying to texts too, are we?

Is walkthrough a must to get Holly's cigarette and other small stuffs?

I read the walkthrough, and even with the walkthrough, I couldn't find the exact time I need to open the mobilephone to get cigarette.
You don't need the mobile phone, you need to click the cigarettes on display to trigger the option to buy them

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: LizaS

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
as has been said before.

drifty will have very hard time to make better game than this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LizaS
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes