MrD812

Oct 24, 2021

Remember last week I said things were progressing fine and no hiccups? I probably jinxed it by saying that.
On Sunday I picked up a bit of a cold but decided to keep chipping on the renders. It worked fine for a while, but by Tuesday the fever got really bad. So, since then I've mostly been sleeping and watching documentaries on serial killers, which is what seems to be trending on Netflix these days. So now everybody is giving me weird looks whenever I'm close to a knife.

I still got a decent chunk of renders done and finished up a scene with Lexi that was awful to do. It's safe to say that you definitely get connected to your own characters after working with them for a few years. The current numbers are 1,280 story renders and 17,732 frames of animation.

So basically, the only girl remaining is Holly. After her, the main event, which means the sneak peek video isn't far away either.
Short update today, but still good progress despite me running on safe mode.
Have a nice weekend, and stay fever free out there.
// Drifty
Check it out, if per chance Drifty resides in the States/US.
Please get message to em to hit up Trader Joes.
Give his immune system a natural boost with:

Ginger Shots
Turmeric Shots
Might C shots
and
Suja Vitamin D & Zinc(Juice shots).

Appreciate it very much (y)

Thank You~

camube

Jun 4, 2022
You don't need the mobile phone, you need to click the cigarettes on display to trigger the option to buy them

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If I speedrun read texts, would the game stopped or would that option got run-over?

I think in Leap of Faith, the window to reply to non-mandatory text messages gets run over if we speedrun through read texts right?

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
You are joking, right? Maybe Derek is funnier, to most, but in what universe is he a better wingman/friend than Chris and Liam?
He's a shitty wingman, yes, but a friend? He became MC's first friend on his first day of college, he's always supported him and had his back (Derek path in Episode 4, sheltered Josy in MC's room so DIK wouldn't find out; was willing to do Hell Weak chelungs if MC backed out; agrees to work in a nursing home if MC chooses to volunteer there; goes to a concert to support Jill and Tremolo, etc.), always looks in parties how they can have fun with MC and is generally as loyal as possible. Plus he realizes on the first day that there is some shady business going on at the college (talking in the hall during the dorm freeroam). What else does he have to do to be a good friend?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I bet Drifty could though, mind you after this, I think Drifty should take a vacation. :cool:
Keep in mind what made LoF so great was the powerful story, which is a rarity in the AVN world, and therefore stands out like a giant in a miniature world. It was inspired by real life trauma. Writing a new story without that powerful source of inspiration is a completely different mountain to climb. All I'm saying is that it'll be mighty hard to catch lightning in a bottle again.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I gonna tell you a story that nobody asked for, but if you're curious or interested, go ahead and read.

I find this story so powerful. Yep, it's an adult game in an adult pirate site, but it had a great realistic story that portrays perfectly how a depressed/suicidal person thinks, how they suffer. And, sadly, how (if they decided to end it all) it affects the life of all those people who love you. Your friends, your family. Even your pets recent your absence.
So props to the dev for portraying this in such a realistic and respectful way.
And to anyone who has suicidal thoughts: You might think the pain goes away, but it only gets transferred to your loved ones. Stay, for them, seek help. End the cycle of suffering.

zonk4411

Aug 23, 2020
This was supposed to be fixed -- per a post from Drifty in December 2020 that said:

Great update!!! (y)

Buuut i ran in some kind of a bug:

When you try to hook up Chris with one of the ladies and you're on Lindas path you can't hook him up with Holly because in the code the Holly choice looks like this:

Good catch. It's fixed and will be included in the bug-fix that will be available in a few days time.

Also, that wouldn't explain why I am skipping days and the chance to finally beat Squashmaster.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure I saw a post by Drifty about a bug on the Chris/Holly path. Maybe somebody who knows more can link to it

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
ep8_hollybalcony03.png

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter 8 trailer from last week. If you did, then it should be no surprise what the main event of the chapter is. If you haven't seen it, you can see it .

I mentioned in the last dev update that I was going to focus on animations this week. Unfortunately, we got hit with a bit of a heatwave where I live, and that means a bit higher indoor temperature as well, which again resulted in my GPU topping the 100C mark. So instead I focused on story renders which are slightly less demanding on the hardware. The end result was another 100 renders done, setting the total at 1,562 for now.

Don't worry, this will not result in a delay, because these story-renders would have to be done anyway. And according to the weather forecast, we should be back to normal outside temps already by tomorrow.

Ren'Py 8 was also released this week, which opens for Python 3, whereas the Ren'Py 7 versions make use of Python 2.7. I wasn't sure Leap of Faith would run on it due to Python 3 handling math a bit differently, but I just did a test run and it's working fine. The only issue I could see was when saving a Nuke to your camera roll on the in-game phone, which should be fixable. This means that the final release will most likely run on Ren'Py 8 unless there are save game problems I haven't spotted yet.

If you have no idea what I was talking about right now, don't worry. It's just preparations for future releases. Unless you're running an older Windows version (before Windows 7) - then LoF won't work for you.

I also wanted to add another bit of functionality, which I might have to scrap. And that was to add your "screens seen" number to the Steam leaderboard. Unfortunately, there are no built-in Ren'Py functions that support this. Unless any of you are Python wizards and know how to do this, then please do contact me here or on Discord.

Anyway, that's it for this week. I hope life is treating you good, enjoy the season and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1900319

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter 8 trailer from last week. If you did, then it should be no surprise what the main event of the chapter is. If you haven't seen it, you can see it .

I mentioned in the last dev update that I was going to focus on animations this week. Unfortunately, we got hit with a bit of a heatwave where I live, and that means a bit higher indoor temperature as well, which again resulted in my GPU topping the 100C mark. So instead I focused on story renders which are slightly less demanding on the hardware. The end result was another 100 renders done, setting the total at 1,562 for now.

Don't worry, this will not result in a delay, because these story-renders would have to be done anyway. And according to the weather forecast, we should be back to normal outside temps already by tomorrow.

Ren'Py 8 was also released this week, which opens for Python 3, whereas the Ren'Py 7 versions make use of Python 2.7. I wasn't sure Leap of Faith would run on it due to Python 3 handling math a bit differently, but I just did a test run and it's working fine. The only issue I could see was when saving a Nuke to your camera roll on the in-game phone, which should be fixable. This means that the final release will most likely run on Ren'Py 8 unless there are save game problems I haven't spotted yet.

If you have no idea what I was talking about right now, don't worry. It's just preparations for future releases. Unless you're running an older Windows version (before Windows 7) - then LoF won't work for you.

I also wanted to add another bit of functionality, which I might have to scrap. And that was to add your "screens seen" number to the Steam leaderboard. Unfortunately, there are no built-in Ren'Py functions that support this. Unless any of you are Python wizards and know how to do this, then please do contact me here or on Discord.

Anyway, that's it for this week. I hope life is treating you good, enjoy the season and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
Hmmmm. Not much to talk about this week. Drifty added 100 story renders this week. We don't know if he added any frames of animation, but it sounds like he did not. Assuming that's true, the overall average is currently ~58 story renders and 707 frames of animation per week since Chapter 7 launched. Here are the charts:
We're still in a nebulous land without targets, so it's hard to tell how much difference a frameless week might make. Hopefully Drifty is right and this is just a reshuffle of the schedule, but I'm skeptical since it doesn't look like the story render rate was any higher than usual. Still, at most it sets us back a week. C'est la vie.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Is it just me that thinks with this game having only one last finale to go, it would make more sense to finish it with Ren'Py 7 and start the next game with Ren'Py 8? That way we won't have to worry about incompatibility issues at all.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I know Drifty had problems regarding the music and steam and it got sorted but, has all the music changed for the entire game or not?
Is there still what we have in the previous chapters?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Is it just me that thinks with this game having only one last finale to go, it would make more sense to finish it with Ren'Py 7 and start the next game with Ren'Py 8? That way we won't have to worry about incompatibility issues at all.
No, it's not just you. Changing versions for LoF would be a very odd choice, it's not like it offers extra functionality Drifty desperately needs at this point. Just likely to introduce unforeseen problems. One of the local Ren'Py gurus explicitly advises against jumping to version 8 immediately. It might be a reasonable choice for the next game though.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes