weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
So I went blind into this game, I'd heard good feedback and it wasn't too expensive on Steam.
Lots of fun scenes that would be better if the songs haven't been removed. (damn DMCA!)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyway, this game is definitely worth it.
I was wondering if the pirated version still has the music on it or if it was removed same as in the steam version? If the music still in, I might go get it for my second playthrough.

BtW, anyone feels like distracting Cece for me while I try the Lexi Path?
The version on here still has the music afaik.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SmiLego

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
So I went blind into this game, I'd heard good feedback and it wasn't too expensive on Steam.
Lots of fun scenes that would be better if the songs haven't been removed. (damn DMCA!)
Anyway, this game is definitely worth it.
I was wondering if the pirated version still has the music on it or if it was removed same as in the steam version? If the music still in, I might go get it for my second playthrough.

BtW, anyone feels like distracting Cece for me while I try the Lexi Path?
Didn't Drifty get the music license stuff sorted out?

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I might be misremembering/paraphrasing, but I think he said he had so much trouble getting the game reaccepted and if it happens again he might be banned from publishing, so he decided to remove the music all together. Which is a damn shame it has one of the best soundtracks of all VNs, it might just be my #1.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I might be misremembering/paraphrasing, but I think he said he had so much trouble getting the game reaccepted and if it happens again he might be banned from publishing, so he decided to remove the music all together. Which is a damn shame it has one of the best soundtracks of all VNs, it might just be my #1.
Regardless it's all "fixable" :sneaky:

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
You only get one chance at an ending, this story and Drifty deserves all the time in the world it takes to make an ending worthy of this masterpiece.
I agree completely you are right, but can I just HOPE to see Cece in a new coming game (Hoping).

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Honestly, as much as I love Cece and her story, I'd rather not see her in a new game, because in my mind it would cheapen her struggle. To me, it's better if her story ends on the high that is the end of this story.
Absolutely Fair point of view and I agree about it completely , but that means to see her I have to play again, crying literally again and my heart broken again, but I can do it.

Mar 26, 2022
Honestly, as much as I love Cece and her story, I'd rather not see her in a new game, because in my mind it would cheapen her struggle. To me, it's better if her story ends on the high that is the end of this story.
Couldn't agree more. Her story should be summed up and definitely closed in the upcoming episode. But honestly, I personally wouldn't mind if she will somehow appeared in next game. For example in short cameo. Nod for the player, that she is okay.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
ep8_stephs48.png

Caption: 'Oh, there's someone else here?'

Progress
As promised, I've been working on animations the whole week. I had one animation for the main event that I was not looking forward to doing, so I decided to do that one first.

The reason it was a bit annoying is that I'm doing something that's not meant to be done in Daz, so I had to use an external script to do it. That also meant the viewport had to be visible at all times, prohibiting me from using the pc while it was rendering.

But I also got the dedicated render rig up and running and it is performing very well. It's about 20% slower than my main rig, but it also runs at about 15C lower temperatures. Meaning, I'm comfortable running it 24/7 for animations.
Since then, both computers have been rendering steadily, and that annoying scene is done. Looking at the folders, I can see I've rendered more than 4,000 frames of animation this week, bringing the total to 1,582 story renders and 23,124 animated frames.

Next week
All of next week I'll be working on scripting and getting music, so if the render queue finishes I'll still keep working on getting music. We're getting closer to the release, and this is something I really have to focus on in addition to other development areas, even if it means the computers are running idle and it turns into a delay.

The main problem with the music is that I always wanted a singer-songwriter type of music for LoF. Getting music for an adult game is hard enough as it is, and when the artists sing about family values, God, and loved ones, it doesn't make it any easier.

So what exactly is left to do?
  • two very small prologue scenes to chapter 8
  • filling up with new music
  • writing 60% of the scripting
  • rendering 60% of the main event
  • rendering 100% of the scene that ends the main event
  • rendering 100% of the character ending-scenes
It seems like a lot, but we're definitely in the endgame. Hopefully, I'll be able to push decent progress in the areas that are not connected to actual rendering this week.

Enjoy the weekend, and stay safe.

// Drifty

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
either cece has lost "few pounds" and gained "few" inches that's not her.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1913999

Caption: 'Oh, there's someone else here?'

Progress
As promised, I've been working on animations the whole week. I had one animation for the main event that I was not looking forward to doing, so I decided to do that one first.

The reason it was a bit annoying is that I'm doing something that's not meant to be done in Daz, so I had to use an external script to do it. That also meant the viewport had to be visible at all times, prohibiting me from using the pc while it was rendering.

But I also got the dedicated render rig up and running and it is performing very well. It's about 20% slower than my main rig, but it also runs at about 15C lower temperatures. Meaning, I'm comfortable running it 24/7 for animations.
Since then, both computers have been rendering steadily, and that annoying scene is done. Looking at the folders, I can see I've rendered more than 4,000 frames of animation this week, bringing the total to 1,582 story renders and 23,124 animated frames.

Next week
All of next week I'll be working on scripting and getting music, so if the render queue finishes I'll still keep working on getting music. We're getting closer to the release, and this is something I really have to focus on in addition to other development areas, even if it means the computers are running idle and it turns into a delay.

The main problem with the music is that I always wanted a singer-songwriter type of music for LoF. Getting music for an adult game is hard enough as it is, and when the artists sing about family values, God, and loved ones, it doesn't make it any easier.

So what exactly is left to do?
  • two very small prologue scenes to chapter 8
  • filling up with new music
  • writing 60% of the scripting
  • rendering 60% of the main event
  • rendering 100% of the scene that ends the main event
  • rendering 100% of the character ending-scenes
It seems like a lot, but we're definitely in the endgame. Hopefully, I'll be able to push decent progress in the areas that are not connected to actual rendering this week.

Enjoy the weekend, and stay safe.

// Drifty
More numbers... and even some tantalizing clues about how much work is left to do. On the numbers front, Drifty completed 20 story renders and 4042 frames of animation this week. That's a huge number of animation frames, nearly double anything on record. Technically he could have completed some of those animation frames last week, but see said more than 400 were this week so presumably that's not the case. Either way, Drifty is now averaging 57 story renders and 826 frames of animation per week since Chapter 7 launched.

The tantalizing part is that we know how long Drifty has been working on the Main Event, so we can roughly estimate the amount of work that remaining 60% represents - on the order of 350 story renders and 7500 frames of animation. Of course those numbers aren't very useful without a sense of how big the final scene or character endings are, and I have no good way to estimate them. So I'll go with a bad way: assume they're all roughly 75% of the Holly branch Drifty was working on before the main scene. It's a complete WAG, but it's somewhere tos start.

Those numbers crunched, here are the charts:
As you can see, based on my totally made up numbers we're looking at ~3 weeks to complete the animations and ~3 months to complete the story renders (and that's assuming story render rate increases once the animations are done). That seems too high given Drifty put out the trailer, so perhaps the endings will have a lower story render ratio.

Either way, I'd say the upshot is that there's still a substantial amount to do, but exactly how substantial remains to be seen. I'd be surprised if it took until October for Drifty to wrap this up, but I'm skeptical we'll get it in August, too. Take that for what it's worth.

Apr 22, 2022
Couldn't agree more. Her story should be summed up and definitely closed in the upcoming episode. But honestly, I personally wouldn't mind if she will somehow appeared in next game. For example in short cameo. Nod for the player, that she is okay.
He said he's creating a new game after this one's done?

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes