ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hi. I'm trying to get Holly and I'm using Sancho's mod, which tell us how to get points with the girls, but nothing about their paths. The thing is, in Ch5 after the massage, I alwais get a mod message "Holly initiate False" whatever I do, even if I told Holly earlier in the episode that I was more interested in her than in Lexi. So later on the ship while talking with Lexi, after seeing both girls kiss, I can't click on "I wouldn't mind including Holly". It's pretty annoying, I've already tried everything that came to mind.

Can somebody tell me please what I'm supposed to do exactly to be on Holly's path? Thank you.
Holly's path cannot begin if you are on any chick's path except Lexi's. You really have to shun the other ones and betray Lexi even though you have been dedicated to her up to the point that Holly makes a pass at you.
What New Tricks said is true, but you also need to exhaustively pan the camera around Holly when the MC talks to her on the balcony at the start of Episode 5 - even the blank wall behind her must be examined before the game will judge you worthy of Holly. :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and NewTricks

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This has been one of those weeks where you work extremely hard but have almost nothing to show for it.

I know some count the increase in renders as the only progress worth measuring, and for that, I've done only about 30 story renders and completed this month's custom renders for the top tier.
Well, in addition to that I've finished the script, even the parts that do not have visuals yet. I still need to tweak a few things like the "sliding screens" tempo and movement, some more unusual scripting, and small stuff like that, but the dialogue and pathing are all done.

The other, and also the most time-consuming part this week, was the music. I've spent every single afternoon after my normal job sending emails back and forth and also talking to several agents, who for the most part was situated in the US.

Meaning they also didn't realize it was somewhere between "in the middle of dinner" to "I'm about to go to sleep" for me.

But the music part has to be done. I can't pinpoint a release date without it being settled, as a contract takes many days to agree on. Multiply that with a huge amount of composers/artists and you've got quite a labyrinth to walk through.

And although I haven't actually signed anything yet, I've agreed on the terms with several artists and for now, am waiting for them to send the contract over. The cost so far amounts to about three months of Patreon support from you guys, and once again I have to thank you for the support. You help me create the game I want to.

It also means you'll be hearing 'Blue' when reading Stephs letter, Lexi singing 'Crazy' like she used to, 'LA' will be playing in the background when on a date with Lexi, that song you know from the bunny slippers scene is still there, and many other songs you're already familiar with.

Unfortunately, you will most likely not be hearing the main menu music you've heard quite a few times by now, as the band seems to have stopped and gone their separate ways.

But for next week I'm looking forward to deep diving into Daz again and working on visuals.

Have a nice relaxing weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
It sounds like Drifty completed 30 story renders this week with no additional frames of animation. If so the overall average now stands at 54 story renders and 817 frames of animation per week since Chapter 7 launched. Here are the (highly speculative) charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For the record, I do not consider render numbers the only progress worth measuring. Coding is obviously a vital aspect of the game, and in this case the music rights are likewise crucial (and likely very time consuming). I track the art numbers simply because they are easily quantifiable (especially since Drifty is kind enough to gauge animations by frame :love: ) and in my experience they tend to be the bottleneck in development especially for one-man teams. Art renders in the background while the dev works on everything else, so it's less fungible than other tasks. Plus devs tend to trim scenes if the art is running too far behind (or add extra renders if they manage to clear out the queues early), so it's a decent heuristic once you have a solid baseline to compare to.

Of course with this being the final chapter our baselines don't really apply anymore so the charts are extra speculative. I think we're still a ways off based on my estimate of Drifty's remaining workload, but I could be mistaken. Even if the estimates are valid, I'd prefer Drifty get it right rather than rush things out the door. So I hope it doesn't come across as criticism during a slow week for art; the numbers are what they are.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear a lot of the music might yet be salvaged, though it's a shame about the opening theme. I really liked that one, it was a great lead in to the game. I guess we'll have to hope for a Christmas in July miracle.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

This has been one of those weeks where you work extremely hard but have almost nothing to show for it.

I know some count the increase in renders as the only progress worth measuring, and for that, I've done only about 30 story renders and completed this month's custom renders for the top tier.

Well, in addition to that I've finished the script, even the parts that do not have visuals yet. I still need to tweak a few things like the "sliding screens" tempo and movement, some more unusual scripting, and small stuff like that, but the dialogue and pathing are all done.

The other, and also the most time-consuming part this week, was the music. I've spent every single afternoon after my normal job sending emails back and forth and also talking to several agents, who for the most part was situated in the US.

Meaning they also didn't realize it was somewhere between "in the middle of dinner" to "I'm about to go to sleep" for me.

But the music part has to be done. I can't pinpoint a release date without it being settled, as a contract takes many days to agree on. Multiply that with a huge amount of composers/artists and you've got quite a labyrinth to walk through.

And although I haven't actually signed anything yet, I've agreed on the terms with several artists and for now, am waiting for them to send the contract over. The cost so far amounts to about three months of Patreon support from you guys, and once again I have to thank you for the support. You help me create the game I want to.

It also means you'll be hearing 'Blue' when reading Stephs letter, Lexi singing 'Crazy' like she used to, 'LA' will be playing in the background when on a date with Lexi, that song you know from the bunny slippers scene is still there, and many other songs you're already familiar with.

Unfortunately, you will most likely not be hearing the main menu music you've heard quite a few times by now, as the band seems to have stopped and gone their separate ways.

But for next week I'm looking forward to deep diving into Daz again and working on visuals.

Have a nice relaxing weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
I might be the only one to feel this way but the main menu music just felt completely out of place for me so it being gone is a huge plus for me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LizaS

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
Not just you, I'm completely with you.

I think not just that, but the background starting from Kira's behind always put me off guard. I'm like "can't we start from Cece's face (or any other LI) or something"?

come on Liz, that's her best side among others :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: LizaS

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
What am I doing wrong? I have tried replaying multiple times, even deleting the game and appdata. After Linda drops phone in pool and runs off then kisses and confesses to MC, you get the option to "Withdraw" or "Go for it".

"Go for it" is always red and cannot be selected.

Sanchomod says "Choice requires: Ep4SetupChrisWith(Linda or None)"

Pretty sure I met those conditions on my first play, but since then I think I have gone and tried every option related to setting up Chris.

-Not setting up

-Setting up and with:
-Linda​
-Robin​
-Holly​
But still the option is red.

Edit:
Think I found the issue, in the walkthrough PDF it shows that Linda needed to be chosen on the first night at Lexi's.

Last edited:

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
This VN can be so funny. I really like the balance between the serious and the lighter elements.

EDIT: Chapter 6 ... It did hurt a lot, but the Dev has communicated a devasting event in a manner I would have not though possible; I cannot find the words, but I have the utmost respect for Drifty, the team, and their dedication and ability in relating such a powerful message to their audience. Thank you so much. Empathy only takes you a certain distance along the path to understanding, but I believe this unique insight to pain, shared and related in such a careful and caring manner can only make us better aware of the lives of others. We are so often wrapped up in our own tiny world oblivious of problems of others. This is a magnificent VN.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
For Linda's story:

1. What caused her to get so upset and drop her phone in the pool?
2. What night life work is she doing to "make a buck"?
3. Why she can now get named dropped alongside Lexi?

Did I miss any of these or are they yet to come?

Last edited:
Reactions: hawk784563

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
so, is this a harem story? or, is it possible to nail the MC down to one, maybe two girls? ya know, not have him be a ho. just sayin...

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
so, is the lexi kiss answers pivotal to getting with lexi, or is it just part of a process? and are there any absolute answers in the paragraph for that kiss? and what does her saying shame mean exactly?
also, why can we not see the romance, etc levels?

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
so, is the lexi kiss answers pivotal to getting with lexi, or is it just part of a process? and are there any absolute answers in the paragraph for that kiss? and what does her saying shame mean exactly?
also, why can we not see the romance, etc levels?
Just use SanchoMod, dude. Shame basically means "pity we were interrupted".

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes