lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Know the feeling. First playthrough with Cece ofc and cried like a baby. Besides the infamous chapter 6 ending there are so many scene where your start to tear up thinking... fuck why did you do this to me/us Drifty.

And yet again i'm doing another playthrough. Eventhough these are making me feel like i'b betraying Cece. Even more then Linda or Steph who have an history with the MC.
Just finishing chapter 5 now on this playthrough and f*ck seeing Cece having a hard time remembering her time together with MC and how happy she is when he comes home is breaking me up..... every.... single.... time.
That's why i never played other paths and i doubt i will. I really tried, i really like all the LIs but everytime i reach chapter 4 and comes that choice of who mc can't get out of his mind, i always choose. Because Cece is really the only thing in my mind when i play this game.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
That's why i never played other paths and i doubt i will. I really tried, i really like all the LIs but everytime i reach chapter 4 and comes that choice of who mc can't get out of his mind, i always choose. Because Cece is really the only thing in my mind when i play this game.
I'm out of reaction so I'll give it like this : *heart*

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Had that same feeling untill chapter 8. Started Lexi before but just as i posted before i ended that her path at the end of chapter 5. It's just making you clear you both need eachother.
But since it's complete now i have to try the other paths and believe me, it's not easy to continue them. But it's also the strenght of this game and how Drifty wrote it. You just have to experience it all.

danov17

Mar 31, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] [Completed] Leap of Faith [Chapter 1-8, v1.0c] [DriftyGames] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 6.78GB
Repack size: 1.52GB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / WorkUpload / PixelDrain
- MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) = WorkUpload
(Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :love:
i can't build for mac os

• Hey there
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
i can't build for mac os
You are using older ren'py version (v7.4.11) than what the original was build with (v8.0.2) so you will need to match that or use the latest in the same branch aka v8.0.x. Or you could also use my Engine Files Only (EFO) and read the text file with instructions inside, its a simple cop/paste method.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
If some of you are interested, I made a mod to restore the original soundtrack of the game from chapter 1 to 7. It's a switch in the Preferences menu, it can be switched anytime during the game (only limitation is that the music won't switch if it has already started, but rolling back will work).

Here is the link : https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch8-v1-0c-music-restoration-mod-v1-2-0-azk66.130968/

Crazygamer43 Hello, just tagging you to ask if you could add the link to the OP please ? It would be awesome, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I've been playing the game for the last few hours. First-time player. I have made it to the beginning of chapter 3, just when Kira runs into the MC napping outdoors. So far I am loving the game. I have decided to go for Cece. I will try the other girls in later playthroughs. The game is ambitious and certainly more complex than the average VN. For example, I could not complete the task to get in touch with Lexi during chapter 2, and I have no idea why. Not that it matters much anyway, since she is not the girl I want to end with in this playthrough. That will be Cece, as I stated before.

Reactions: nyrek

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, my 4 cents:

We all know Cece's path is the "One True Path™" ... and we know why. It's beautiful and heart-wrenching at the same time ... and perfect. The End is touching, surprising, satisfying, and wonderful. And scary if you played any of the other paths first ...

Linda's path is my second favorite -- I guess it hits closest to my personal tastes and fantasies, as far as the storyline goes. Plus I find her cheekiness adorable. And of all the people in the game, their relationship across all the paths is probably my favorite (for the same reason the path is near the top).

Lexi's path makes No. 3 on my list. The "true" fantasy of the story I suppose: random encounter with "perfect" celeb becomes lifetime of happiness. But it's not just you getting your fantasy, it's you granting her fantasy. Cece's not the only one you can save in this game (at least on Lexi's path).
| I've finished Lexi/Holly/MC as well, and while it was more serious than I expected (although why I expected a typical AVN threesome story from Drifty ...) it's still at the bottom of the list of what I've finished, and while Holly is probably my third-favorite character, I expect her solo will be in the bottom half as well.

Fourth on my list of finished stories is Stephanie. I was surprised by how much I was satisfied with her wrap-up. I was confused with her path after Chap. 7 ... but the final chapter helped resolve some of that lingering uneasiness. I love his new job in this one too.

Now I need a break from Leap of Faith. I refuse to do a path without finishing chapter 6 properly, and I've experienced that amazing and traumatic scene five times in the last week. But I've still got Holly's solo, and three endings for the Wonder Twins™ to experience. At this point, I feel it's criminal to not see them through.

And lastly, Drifty's final farewell -- through the words of his seminal character -- hit me with just as many onion ninjas as the preamble to Cece's therapy ... which is just a little bit less than the dreaded chapter 6 finale. Thank you Drifty for putting so much heart and care into what is clearly a piece of your soul shared with the masses. I look forward to u4ia and whatever else you put forth in the future.

L'chaim. To Life.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Hope DLC adds more Cece and MC stuff after ending. I just want to see some more happiness for Cece since she deserves it :)
DLC will be a ingame walkthrough made by Drifty. I really dont know exactly why he want to do this... cause, there are already some good PDF walkthroughs and of course sanchos mod, but well, be it this way.

But dont get your hopes up that he will add scenes, its not planned as far as i know, cancelled my patreon for now so i might be not up to date anymore. But i didnt see any news he wanted to add scenes.

So, i played another cece playthrough just now... and this game is really awesome, but some things bother me more and more about it... And it feels "unfinished" cause of these things.

The whole Plot with Stephanie, MCs Father, the old dude in the Park in EP 8, the sister, the Homeland thingy and all that... There are so many loose ends.

And i just have a feeling, that it will stay this way. I assumed that maybe in the new project all this will made clear, but it doesnt seem that way, last i heard, there might be only cameos of the LoF cast, or no appearences at all (came out of the discord to me, iam not in discord anymore, so dont nail me down on that)

To me it seems that drifty has planned more about all that, but didnt make it to the finish line and And now it will have these loose ends forever. Or he was afraid to write out a whole agent-thriller-plot and decided to let the MC "not care" and let the whole thing open like it is.

But yeah these loose ends are bugging me very much i must say. And in the end iam always telling me:
"what was the point in this? Stephanie leaving the MC could have been explained in another way without making this homeland thing up, the father, sister and Homeland thing alltogether wasnt needed"

Well i hope we will get answers in the new game about all that, but it doesnt look that way for now. Maybe in the future Drifty will have news about that and the plot about u41a and it will deal with the LoF Homeland thingy. Would be a good thing and a good connection to LoF.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If some of you are interested, I made a mod to restore the original soundtrack of the game from chapter 1 to 7. It's a switch in the Preferences menu, it can be switched anytime during the game (only limitation is that the music won't switch if it has already started, but rolling back will work).
or just copy those files i uploaded to game folder. sancho1969 wrote about it.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
DLC will be a ingame walkthrough made by Drifty. I really dont know exactly why he want to do this... cause, there are already some good PDF walkthroughs and of course sanchos mod, but well, be it this way.

But dont get your hopes up that he will add scenes, its not planned as far as i know, cancelled my patreon for now so i might be not up to date anymore. But i didnt see any news he wanted to add scenes.

So, i played another cece playthrough just now... and this game is really awesome, but some things bother me more and more about it... And it feels "unfinished" cause of these things.

The whole Plot with Stephanie, MCs Father, the old dude in the Park in EP 8, the sister, the Homeland thingy and all that... There are so many loose ends.

And i just have a feeling, that it will stay this way. I assumed that maybe in the new project all this will made clear, but it doesnt seem that way, last i heard, there might be only cameos of the LoF cast, or no appearences at all (came out of the discord to me, iam not in discord anymore, so dont nail me down on that)

To me it seems that drifty has planned more about all that, but didnt make it to the finish line and And now it will have these loose ends forever. Or he was afraid to write out a whole agent-thriller-plot and decided to let the MC "not care" and let the whole thing open like it is.

But yeah these loose ends are bugging me very much i must say. And in the end iam always telling me:
"what was the point in this? Stephanie leaving the MC could have been explained in another way without making this homeland thing up, the father, sister and Homeland thing alltogether wasnt needed"

Well i hope we will get answers in the new game about all that, but it doesnt look that way for now. Maybe in the future Drifty will have news about that and the plot about u41a and it will deal with the LoF Homeland thingy. Would be a good thing and a good connection to LoF.
A chapter 9 would maybe be good sometime in the future but that might be wishful thinking...

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
or just copy those files i uploaded to game folder. sancho1969 wrote about it.
The mod was just made to be able to enjoy both Drifty's original work and the rework he made with the new songs

edit: also, I should point out that not all songs have been replaced by Drifty, some were removed, and so cannot be reinstated by just overwriting the new mp3s (or using the chapter 7's audio RPA archives) The mod put back all old musics, and make their titles appear in the Music app, same as before.

Last edited:

tavo13

Aug 31, 2017
Probably one of the best games I have played recently. High quality, very emotional and addictive. Storytelling at its best. Made me smile as much as made me cry in anguish. Played now several times and the strong emotional impact is same every time.

Thank you Drifty for this masterpiece!

cvjoint

Apr 29, 2022
I played this gamefor the first time and just finished it. Honestly I had a different impression of this game before I played it. Since it was an adult game I was thinking about it being a quick wank and be done. I had no idea the emotional ride I was about to be taken on. Everything about this game was practically perfect. I fell in love with the characters, each and every one. I could not imagine getting so much depth from each of them. Especially Lexi. I was expecting a superficial pop star filler character and got so much more.
I finished my first play through with cece and I was blown away by everything in this story arc. I can't even imagine where this story will take me with the others but I'm excited to find out.
My next playthrough will be lexi as I felt so guilty that she was so disappointed that the MC and she didn't get together after putting herself out there like she did but it honestly will be so difficult not to go with Cece again as she is just so compelling.
Thank you, dev for making this game. My life is better because of it. I've always struggled with depression and this game makes me sad but gives me so much hope for the future at the same time. Bravo. Bravo.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes