sn3721

Feb 25, 2018
Why don't we hear from the father and the situation with him ever again, especially since we are shown that it affected the MC's life (the money, Steph, Hoemeland etc). Why did his sister show up in the previous episode just to disappear again? What was her purpose then?

Or the situation with the guy, I forget his name, the bully, who stole Linda's ring. There's a buildup towards something sinister, only to be resolved in a couple of renders by Cece, without the reader learning any details.

There are some more examples like these, which I think didn't serve any real purpose and if they weren't there,the story would be much tighter.
This was a big take away for me as well, there's so many plot threads that come up and don't really go anywhere.

It wasn't as obvious when playing it a chapter at a time but playing through the completed thing from start to finish it's very hard to ignore.

Kelt100

Nov 13, 2021
When the mc is in the clothes store with Chris, Cece and Linda, when he says "times goes soooo slowly" check Chris´s nuke post and you can respond to Lexi´s comment.
To be more specific (since it can be missed if you haven't replied to a nuke before), you have to open the specific nuke where you can see the pick AND the comments. Then there is a (blue, I think) button that appears within the nuke on the left side under the picture. That button is your response.

And you can respond to Chris' nuke and get Lexi's contact info later.. but the only way to get her commenting on your bunny slipper nuke picture is if you do it at the exact time that Eyez noted above.

Kelt100

Nov 13, 2021
I've finished Chapter 8, but I have to admit it's been difficult to summarize my feelings on it. I feel like I covered most of the salient topics already in the last two Chapters: Leap of Faith has some very strong ideas and excellent character scenes, but the story that binds them together is extremely weak.

That's this chapter in a nutshell. Still, this is the big finale to Drifty's first game; whatever my reservations it has been a fun ride, and I feel like I owe him as much feedback as I can give. So let's try to run down what worked and didn't work for me...
I don't disagree with a lot the facts that you laid out in what didn't work for you, but I guess I viewed things through a different lens and still came away with a 5+ star opinion.

"Its the journey, not the destination." There are tales (easier done in VNs and movies, IMHO) that are more about the characters interacting with each other and forming bonds than what ever the plot/story is. I don't disagree that there are (many?) unresolved plot points, but for me it didn't take away from the story that was told because this is more about these characters entering each other's lives and changing their trajectory. Lots of characters and relationships still have issues to resolve, but the VN is focused on the fact that the way they will address them and the way their life moves forward has been changed forever. I think of this as the 'one unforgettable summer' genre (Drifty even uses near those exact words at some point).

I totally agree that there are some LI combinations (either with the MC or the other characters pairing off) that have unresolved issues or didn't feel as complete as others, but some of that depends on who the MC, Chris, and Holly end up with. But for me I am glad it was finished because there are a lot of VNs in this genre that drag on through scope creep and then either never get finished or take a year longer than they should to finish.

Anyway, this was more me just talking through how Leap of Faith ended up being one of my Top 3 VNs ever (5+ star), but at the same time I don't disagree with a lot of the things you listed as areas of improvement.

Reactions: eM-Ka

Kelt100

Nov 13, 2021
That does matter if you try to combine the Lexi/Holly paths into one.

Holly & Chris plus MC & Lexi I think is better than just Lexi solo and Chris with anyone else. They are two best friends who coupled with the other's best friend for a lifetime of laughs and love.
I like the sound of this and might try it on my next playthrough to see if there are any new feelings/nuggets. For me, I always had a hard time not putting Chris and Linda together (feeling guilty leaving Linda alone if I ended up rejecting her).

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Can't avoid it. Because the trip to LA and the ways all the characters are interacting and bonding and influencing each other is a big part of the story. Your friendship / impact on Lexi is still a big deal even if you don't go the LI route.
Ok great, I only ever played that far the one time but I really had no idea what I was doing as far as following a single, or potential throuple route. Now that I know, I am going to put myself through the emotional trauma of playing from the start again.

Mad_Man

Nov 10, 2017
When the mc is in the clothes store with Chris, Cece and Linda, when he says "times goes soooo slowly" check Chris´s nuke post and you can respond to Lexi´s comment.
Thanks, I couldn't find Chris in among the Nuke post yesterday. Too tired...

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Am I nuts that my #1 girl was Linda?
I went Linda
Lexi
Cece
as my favs. I know most people probably went Cece first. But the high school crush thing just got me. Plus, Linda has a killer body and smile.
Nah adult Linda is pretty cute to be honest, and she knows MC pretty well. They would get along fine.
I just never made it there with her because I find her "teenager" model absolutely horrible and she's off my list permanently right there. Maybe I'll try that one day. But she feels very natural as an LI for Chris to be honest. Except on the Lexi path, then it's Holly for Chris of course.
And yes I went Cece first, mostly because if you go for any other girl, you almost always get to see a scene of Cece suffering. And it took a while before I was strong enough to handle that.

Reactions: eM-Ka

ReeseQian

Sep 16, 2019
I went Linda
Lexi
Cece
as my favs. I know most people probably went Cece first. But the high school crush thing just got me. Plus, Linda has a killer body and smile.

No Your not nuts ... I am glad you like Linda as long You are happy with her .. Same for me goes for Steph n Lexi..
Cece/Linda are alike a sister to me...

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
naughty?an inexperienced popstar that farts when you kiss her :unsure:.then give me the wild fiery indomitable sexy holly:love::love:
If that's all you got from Lexi then you and I played very different games, or you may want to pay more attention when you play. ;) There is a LOT more to Lexi than that if you play her route solo..

Reactions: DirtyMario

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
If that's all you got from Lexi then you and I played very different games, or you may want to pay more attention when you play. ;) There is a LOT more to Lexi than that if you play her route solo..
ok you can,but i prefer dominant assertive confident women like steph or holly. not insecure,inexperienced women you still have to learn everything like lexi,but to each his preference ;)

Reactions: ReeseQian

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
There are some emotional scenes in this regard but they aren't mean spirited. Dealing with rejection isn't easy but the game portraits it well. The scene with Lexi on the flight back when you aren't on her path gets me every time..

It helps that there's almost no cheating in the game.
This, 1000%. The thing I believe some miss with Lexi is that she's basically been alone her entire life. At least based on the story, she's never really had a guy ever like her as a person, without trying to use or abuse her fir their own fun or profit. Sure, she had 100's of millions of dollars, and fame, but is lonely and isolated. She let down all her walls and guard to reach out to the MC and he just discards her.

Anyone who has ever been in any relationship where you were very into someone and they just out of the blue said "see yah" after what seemed like a great series or dates or long weekend, knows how that feels. Since it was likely her first chance of an "adult relationship", much less that she's in her mid-20's hits even more at that point. I think this is one of the best scenes in the game in how it was put together, and it never fails to make an impact, even if as a player we know it will work out in the end for her.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
ok you can,but i prefer dominant assertive confident women like steph or holly. not insecure,inexperienced women you still have to learn everything like lexi,but to each his preference ;)
Yep, agree to disagree becasue if all you got from Lexi was she lacked self-confidence (far from it) and was not assertive (again, she's very assertive) you confuse "sexually experienced" with general 'confidence'. We can assume you missed the fact that Lexi basically told the MC to fuck her in public? Also that she took initative with the morning blow-job and many times was the one who initiated sex? Sexual experience can be gained if the person wants to gain it, and there is zero that says Lexi would be opposed to learning and doing *anything* sexual, even a threesome if you go that route.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I've finished Chapter 8, but I have to admit it's been difficult to summarize my feelings on it. I feel like I covered most of the salient topics already in the last two Chapters: Leap of Faith has some very strong ideas and excellent character scenes, but the story that binds them together is extremely weak.

That's this chapter in a nutshell. Still, this is the big finale to Drifty's first game; whatever my reservations it has been a fun ride, and I feel like I owe him as much feedback as I can give. So let's try to run down what worked and didn't work for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr Congratulations on completing the game, Drifty! I think it fell short of greatness, but it's still very much worth playing.
This is a fantastic summary/review and you nailed why many of the endings felt a bit flat for me also. The story has extremely well done character moments at times, but the last Chapter did feel empty, it's almost as if Drifty was tired of LoF and just ready to move on. Sometimes you get that with storytellers and it's always very jarring when it happens. It's like a 100 page movel that has 75 pages of amazing build up, then about 20 pages of somewhat quickened conflict or something in the story to resolve, usually wiht many details left out that were there for the first 75 pages, and then a short 5 page 'summary' of the entire story that fail to deliver on all the topics the first pages build up so strongly. The Wheel of Time story suffered from this a bit, and it deals with story pacing.

Maybe the epilogue will tie up some lose ends or a much later re-work of the story (which will likley never happen) to help mold it a bit better and flesh out the last two chapters as you mention, but sadly I suspect we'll have all these great characters in this form forever. We learned so much about them and experienced so many intense moments, only for things to blow away in the winds of life like dandilions in spring.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I just wanted to put in my general thoughts about some of the loose ends that people are commenting about. I do agree that there appear to be quite a few loose ends ... and while while there's nothing wrong with a game leaving you with questions, I don't think some of them are as loose as they appear. There's no definitive answers, but there are definitely clues.

I'll be honest, the one thing that I had to "set aside" after playing the game a few too many times was the timing. It's been 10 years since the beginning of High School, you were with Steph for almost 3 years, she left you the night of the prom, but you didn't get the money until after turning 17 and it's only been two years since she left you. I don't have THAT much of an issue setting all that aside, because the overall story is that moving to me, but even now I have to tell myself to let it go at least once per play-through.

Ryozuke

Apr 8, 2020
I went Linda
Lexi
Cece
Nope, you're not!
Even though most people prefer CeCe and Lexi as second fan favorite, all the girls are easily likeable.
I got an unpopular opinion myself: my #1 girl is Steph. I know the whole "Homeland/WitSec" story arc can be too over the top, but there's something about the interactions between Steph and MC throughout the story that makes her so appealing to me.

My favorites would be:
1. Steph (Plus Chris with Linda)
2. CeCe
3. Lexi (Plus Chris with Holly)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DirtyMario

Ryozuke

Apr 8, 2020
I just wanted to put in my general thoughts about some of the loose ends that people are commenting about. I do agree that there appear to be quite a few loose ends ... and while while there's nothing wrong with a game leaving you with questions, I don't think some of them are as loose as they appear. There's no definitive answers, but there are definitely clues.

I'll be honest, the one thing that I had to "set aside" after playing the game a few too many times was the timing. It's been 10 years since the beginning of High School, you were with Steph for almost 3 years, she left you the night of the prom, but you didn't get the money until after turning 17 and it's only been two years since she left you. I don't have THAT much of an issue setting all that aside, because the overall story is that moving to me, but even now I have to tell myself to let it go at least once per play-through.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There's a reason I named my "guess" or "opinion" "It's Canon!" ... It's nothing more than circumstantial evidence from the story as a whole. If there was more than that, the answer would be obvious. I will say, if he's just a random terrorist, and you're still being watched by Homeland, it's awfully strange they'd let him anywhere near you ...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ryozuke
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes