Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
When I name my scene saves, I highlight all of the images in the series and name the first one. Windows automatically names all of the files in the series the same, and numbers them. I had 39 screen saves in the series. I don't know when I got in the habit of doing that, but it's been my habit for at least a few months now. Used to do significantlny fewer saves - I can see this when I play AVNs that I've been doing for a while when they get updated - virtually nothing for many updates worth of material, then BAM!, damn near every render during a lewd scene. It sort of allows me to replay the scene without loading up the VN if that's what I want to do.
And there's the answer I was looking for :p (I play on Windows, I knew HOW the number got there)
Did anyone else redo their choice on this scene a couple of times before they realized what Drifty was doing there?

It was, like, "did he program that scene wrong and never fixed it?!?!?!":ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2818805
After my first playthrough, I always choose "Sit and watch" once per girl, then back up and "join" them every time ^_^ (Also, there's slight variations depending on your path).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
And there's the answer I was looking for :p (I play on Windows, I knew HThrOW the number got there)

After my first playthrough, I always choose "Sit and watch" once per girl, then back up and "join" them every time ^_^ (Also, there's slight variations depending on your path).
I've played that for all 12 of my active paths and posted after I was done. Just my method of moving through - one or two scenes, depending on size, then catch up on the other paths. as for my 12:
  • Three variants on a CeCe path, including the one path where I forgive, but don't invite, Stephanie. After your comment previously, I grabbed my "CeCe Favored Path" (went to see CeCe without sleeping with Kira on an otherwise "get them all" start). As for that no-Steph path, it confirmed my suspicion that the guy with the binoculars was Melvin and not some bad actor out to get MC.
  • Two Lexi variants: Lexi Separate, Lexi/Holly
  • Five Kira/Robin variants: Kira/Robin Throuple, Kira Separate/Pure (didn't sleep with Robin either time offered), Robin Separate/Pure (didn't sleep with Kira either time offered), Kira Separate/Sleep with Robin at Bowling Alley, Robin Separate/Sleep with Kira at Restaurant
  • Linda Path
  • Stephanie Path
I have some saves where I might go back and do a Lexi dirty talk - romantic was better scene from an overall perspective at the time, but the dirty talk may lead to better future scenes, just don't know and I'm not going to search for spoilers in the thread. ;)

And I'm kind of sad that Chris/Holly hasn't worked out so far on the variants I did where I choose her. as the set-up, but apparently they've been talking as of the porch conversation when Matt came by, so I hold a little hope...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I've played that for all 12 of my active paths and posted after I was done. Just my method of moving through - one or two scenes, depending on size, then catch up on the other paths. as for my 12:
  • Three variants on a CeCe path, including the one path where I forgive, but don't invite, Stephanie. After your comment previously, I grabbed my "CeCe Favored Path" (went to see CeCe without sleeping with Kira on an otherwise "get them all" start). As for that no-Steph path, it confirmed my suspicion that the guy with the binoculars was Melvin and not some bad actor out to get MC.
  • Two Lexi variants: Lexi Separate, Lexi/Holly
  • Five Kira/Robin variants: Kira/Robin Throuple, Kira Separate/Pure (didn't sleep with Robin either time offered), Robin Separate/Pure (didn't sleep with Kira either time offered), Kira Separate/Sleep with Robin at Bowling Alley, Robin Separate/Sleep with Kira at Restaurant
  • Linda Path
  • Stephanie Path
I have some saves where I might go back and do a Lexi dirty talk - romantic was better scene from an overall perspective at the time, but the dirty talk may lead to better future scenes, just don't know and I'm not going to search for spoilers in the thread. ;)

And I'm kind of sad that Chris/Holly hasn't worked out so far on the variants I did where I chose her. as the set-up, but apparently they've been talking as of the porch conversation when Matt came by, so I hold a little hope...
Yea, I can't do that. I'll make branch saves to go back and play later, but I always do at least one full run, then usually do one or two alt runs before I start doing mid-branch runs like that.

As long as Chris said the talks with Holly went well, you should be in good shape there (you can also check your task-list at that point and it should be green). You can also try the Chris/Holly path on the Lexi/Holly path for a variant of that conversation ... I'll be curious to hear your reaction to Chris' other options though, especially since you're doing the Kira/Robin solo paths, if you try them.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yea, I can't do that. I'll make branch saves to go back and play later, but I always do at least one full run, then usually do one or two alt runs before I start doing mid-branch runs like that.

As long as Chris said the talks with Holly went well, you should be in good shape there (you can also check your task-list at that point and it should be green). You can also try the Chris/Holly path on the Lexi/Holly path for a variant of that conversation ... I'll be curious to hear your reaction to Chris' other options though, especially since you're doing the Kira/Robin solo paths, if you try them.
I noticed the task list update when I checked Nukes and stuff just before "prom". About to go through my Lexi solo path and get to that part (I pursued Lexi, so thought set up Chris with Holly - can visit both girls in LA :WeSmart:), so maybe I'll get confirmation of sparks there. ;)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Late to the conversation as usual, but loved reading all the comments. I am also like Elhemeer and save the branche points, but do at least one straight playthrough before branching out.

Why is it that as I am reading your comments about the various scenes, I am hearing their music along with your description.

The resturant! RIP Samantha

1690953711190.png

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Late to the conversation as usual, but loved reading all the comments. I am also like Elhemeer and save the branche points, but do at least one straight playthrough before branching out.

Why is it that as I am reading your comments about the various scenes, I am hearing their music along with your description.

The resturant! RIP Samantha

View attachment 2818892
But Kira did say she had tasty ears...:LOL:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yep, that hurts a lot. I'm honest. I played it the first playthrough but after that I skipped it most of the time. I'm strong enough to admit I had pipi in my eyes every time.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yep, that hurts a lot. I'm honest. I played it the first playthrough but after that I skipped it most of the time. I'm man enough to admit I had pipi in my eyes every time.
I haven't skipped it on any of my unique playthroughs ... partially 'cause I can't help myself, but mostly because I always make a save at the rose ...

Reactions: Nurikabe

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I should have done that...

Just saw it, in all it's variances, 12 times...
I think that qualifies as "ripping the bandage off" ...

I'm going to have to make another run soon ... last two were Lexi and Cece ... Maybe a Linda run.
Out of curiosity, are you playing with final music or original music?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think that qualifies as "ripping the bandage off" ...

I'm going to have to make another run soon ... last two were Lexi and Cece ... Maybe a Linda run.
Out of curiosity, are you playing with final music or original music?
Final music. Reading on the OP and Sancho's mod page, it seemed there is an issue with the original play list - proper file set is gone or something. Since I didn't have any nostalgia for the "original", coming into this as it presently exists, I just went with what was readily there.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Final music. Reading on the OP and Sancho's mod page, it seemed there is an issue with the original play list - proper file set is gone or something. Since I didn't have any nostalgia for the "original", coming into this as it presently exists, I just went with what was readily there.
Yea, it's still a good ST, but if you heard the original you definitely miss some stuff.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I didn't explore exhaustively, by any means, but what led to the change? Copyright? Change of heart or vision by Drifty?
Drifty put it on Steam after finishing 7, and sometime between when he got agreements to use the music and when he put it on Steam the main service he contracted from modified their fine print to exclude adult material, and they made a claim almost immediately and Steam yanked it. Took him something like 2-3 months to get it relisted after pulling all the music. The music he got back was all via directly dealing with the individual artists. Some came through, some flat out said no, others didn't respond.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Drifty put it on Steam after finishing 7, and sometime between when he got agreements to use the music and when he put it on Steam the main service he contracted from modified their fine print to exclude adult material, and they made a claim almost immediately and Steam yanked it. Took him something like 2-3 months to get it relisted after pulling all the music. The music he got back was all via directly dealing with the individual artists. Some came through, some flat out said no, others didn't respond.

• Haha
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes