Raplion

Aug 26, 2018
great game, both scenarios with characters and options to choose from as well as the consequences, one of the best I've seen, even the animation is good

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I don't like anyone who keeps big secrets like that, especially for such flimsy reasons.

I just don't see how James should believe that this 2 year breakup will be a one time thing. But it doesn't matter because she moved on before James ever did. It compounds the pain that not only did she leave him without a word, ghost him for 2 years, but also she moved on and married someone else. The woman you thought was the love of your life was able to move on and find someone else to marry; every time James takes a step to try and heal and move on Stephanie gets in the way - appearing at the Metro, he finally finds the note.

It could be that the MC and Linda broke up before it happened. And yes, I think all of the characters are going to be messed up in some manner which is why I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with Lexi and Chris. Lexi, I don't believe that her baggage will only be that she's a celebrity (if that is it then sign me up!) and Chris I don't want him to be ignored and constantly in the MC's shadow (nor do I want a Liam like secret though).
You know you could actually use having sex with her against her. Get her to fall in love with you again then dump her and also get evidence of her having sex with another guy and send it to her husband, of course anonymous without giving away the MCs identity . Bam, now you get to break her heart into tiny little pieces. Of course I would still buy a gun just in case her ex husband shows up at the MCs door.

Of course I highly doubt the Dev would write that into the story.

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
at the end i got you did not bring the party to lexi's jet
i played the music and danced too
could someone tell me why ?

zest69

Aug 5, 2019
I kind of get why the MC didn't have a social media profile because he was so depressed after Steph's "betrayal, and being a workaholic. Just trying to figure how he missed the letter in his summer shirt pocket or at least why it wasn't destroyed when it was washed. Also can't wait to see what secrets (big/small) Chris, Linda, and CeCe are hiding from the MC.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I kind of get why the MC didn't have a social media profile because he was so depressed after Steph's "betrayal, and being a workaholic. Just trying to figure how he missed the letter in his summer shirt pocket or at least why it wasn't destroyed when it was washed. Also can't wait to see what secrets (big/small) Chris, Linda, and CeCe are hiding from the MC.
He obviously did not wash the shirt after Steph left ... that is why it still has her smell of roses and jasmine on it. There are people out there who put used clothes back in the closet ... yikes ...

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Well, it couldn't have been washed since he comments on the smell of her perfume still being on it. How could that happen? Well, really because the writer said so, but a plausible explanation is that the shirt represented his happy memories, and he just didn't feel happy the past two years. Also, in the opening of the game, MC talks about working ridiculously long hours at his job so he just never had free time to relax in his favorite shirt. It all requires some suspension of disbelief to work, but all stories have that on some level. Most stories depend on to some extent to be successful.

The better question is why did Stephanie leave the note in the shirt rather than on the table or his night stand where he couldn't miss it? Unfortunately, the answer is the same. The problem? For me anyway, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief about the shirt not having been washed for two years, but I'm having difficulty suspending my disbelief about her choice to leave the note there in the first place.

Reactions: zest69

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
He obviously did not wash the shirt after Steph left ... that is why it still has her smell of roses and jasmine on it. There are people out there who put used clothes back in the closet ... yikes ...
Even so, after two years I'm sure the original smell would be replaced by the smell of musk. Unwashed clothes definitely do not preserve their original smell after all that time. My thought process is that the shirt maintaining it's smell is that it was all in MCs head. Like how he somehow blacked out and ended up in Steph's house. He's that crazy over her

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Even so, after two years I'm sure the original smell would be replaced by the smell of musk. Unwashed clothes definitely do not preserve their original smell after all that time. My thought process is that the shirt maintaining it's smell is that it was all in MCs head. Like how he somehow blacked out and ended up in Steph's house. He's that crazy over her
I'm starting to get the impression that this game will die or become a legend, depending on how the writer solves the Steph situation. At this point this is the most contentious point of the game, i don't remember a character this hated since THAT character from AL in an adult VN.

This update, with the starting flashback was the first writer saving throw to try and salvage the character. I'm really curious if Drifty expected the level of vitriol the character received, at the same time, this is a testament to how good of a writer he was that we liked the MC so much that we hated her for what she did to the guy.

Anyway, the next update, if we have the possibility of a sit down with her, and an actual conversation, will be really interesting.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I'm starting to get the impression that this game will die or become a legend, depending on how the writer solves the Steph situation. At this point this is the most contentious point of the game, i don't remember a character this hated since THAT character from AL in an adult VN.

This update, with the starting flashback was the first writer saving throw to try and salvage the character. I'm really curious if Drifty expected the level of vitriol the character received, at the same time, this is a testament to how good of a writer he was that we liked the MC so much that we hated her for what she did to the guy.

Anyway, the next update, if we have the possibility of a sit down with her, and an actual conversation, will be really interesting.
Honestly i don't think there's anything he could do to make her likable, he just made her that bad of a character. It could of been tolerable if we didn't meet her yet but her whole character was ruined for me by that club scene.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I think all the girls have issues / secrets and it is about how the MC reacts and deals with things. I guess at some stage he will have to take a LEAP OF FAITH and make a decision. Being with any of the girls will involve an element of risk.

Even with the way Steph has been portrayed, someone more forgiving than myself could decide to play as someone brainwashed hopelessly in love, and not care about the past or what she has done.
We are already starting to see some of Cece's issue.
Linda asking you if you've had contact with Matt does nothing except raise suspicion that there is / was something between them (which may have caused issues with her family).
I am already starting to have suspicions about Lexi (she either knows Steph or her husband, or is friends with someone who does).

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Honestly i don't think there's anything he could do to make her likable, he just made her that bad of a character. It could of been tolerable if we didn't meet her yet but her whole character was ruined for me by that club scene.
And a lot of people here think the same. I'm noticing that this update mellowed out some of the players, but she is by far the most hated character in the game. This update was him already trying, and i'm worried if he tries too much, get it? If he keeps going for the "Steph was an absolute Saint before vanishing", it may dispell the willing suspension of disbelief in the players, and that would be really bad for the game.

I think all the girls have issues / secrets and it is about how the MC reacts and deals with things. I guess at some stage he will have to take a LEAP OF FAITH and make a decision. Being with any of the girls will involve an element of risk.

Even with the way Steph has been portrayed, someone more forgiving than myself could decide to play as someone brainwashed hopelessly in love, and not care about the past or what she has done.
We are already starting to see some of Cece's issue.
Linda asking you if you've had contact with Matt does nothing except raise suspicion that there is / was something between them (which may have caused issues with her family).
I am already starting to have suspicions about Lexi (she either knows Steph or her husband, or is friends with someone who does).
Oh, this i'm also expecting. Cece is the one i think will have the darker issues, probably she being everyone's favorite girl makes it interesting to see how her fanbase reacts. With Linda, honestly? Who cares if she banged Matt? It seems she and the MC were at most friends with benefits.
Lexi... So... I'm thinking she is friends with Steph. Notice how every girl has a pair? Kira + Robin, Linda + Cece, probably Lexi's pair will be with Steph.

Reactions: Ceesko

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018
First of all: Just found this game and it is a hidden gem. Absolutely gonna follow this.

Sneaking Suspicion: DriftyGames played SCUM, I know A LOT of the music from that game :D

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Lexi... So... I'm thinking she is friends with Steph. Notice how every girl has a pair? Kira + Robin, Linda + Cece, probably Lexi's pair will be with Steph.
That would be interesting if it's true since drifty mentioned that if you don't like Steph you will be able to leave her out of the game completely if you want.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes