DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That would be interesting if it's true since drifty mentioned that if you don't like Steph you will be able to leave her out of the game completely if you want.
Though Steph has an important scene anyway near end of game, even if cut her off if I got Drifty's words right. No clue in what way, revenge, savior or stand in the way or whatever.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Though Steph has an important scene anyway near end of game, even if cut her off if I got Drifty's words right. No clue in what way, revenge, savior or stand in the way or whatever.
It would be kind of weird though if you cut her off since that would mean she would disappear for the whole game and then pop up at the end out of nowhere.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Steph's going to set your house on fire and you're only able to save one girl.

Sorry, I'm just getting some Pinkcake-vibes off of this game.
It was said before by someone in this thread: we have a plane here, so why just burn a house if we can have the plane crash into the house :p.

Steph, well so much depends on what her secret was and what happened when she tried to fix things that leads to current situation. Drifty was way to successful in making her look bad though at start. Yeah just having had the text added that he dropped cause no assets before getting at her place would have made her look bit better.

Based upon fact Steph did not try to contact MC after the fiasco after club though, my own suspicion is that Steph is/was not looking to get MC back into her life, cause she also knows she has not really moved on from him and still wants him but is kind of impossible.

Then we have no clue what that Steph part will be if drop her, it may as well be Steph dying cause she tried to save MC anyway, now that would make all of us dropping her like a brick after the talk feel pretty bad. :p

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It would be kind of weird though if you cut her off since that would mean she would disappear for the whole game and then pop up at the end out of nowhere.
Well you dropping Steph as MC will have likely an impact upon her, good or bad and likely that outcome will be shown in the game. Drifty said it would be towards the end of the game. Depending on what Steph's secret is it could also have an impact on MC and his options.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rinbael

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
It was said before by someone in this thread: we have a plane here, so why just burn a house if we can have the plane crash into the house :p.

Steph, well so much depends on what her secret was and what happened when she tried to fix things that leads to current situation. Drifty was way to successful in making her look bad though at start. Yeah just having had the text added that he dropped cause no assets before getting at her place would have made her look bit better.

Based upon fact Steph did not try to contact MC after the fiasco after club though, my own suspicion is that Steph is/was not looking to get MC back into her life, cause she also knows she has not really moved on from him and still wants him but is kind of impossible.

Then we have no clue what that Steph part will be if drop her, it may as well be Steph dying cause she tried to save MC anyway, now that would make all of us dropping her like a brick after the talk feel pretty bad. :p
I think Drifty has his work cut out with trying to redeem Steph since like you said he has done such a good job of making most people despise her. I think the problem that he will have is that the reason she left has so much mystery behind it that it will be really hard to meet peoples expectations about what it is and most people hate her anyway so I doubt he will be able to change their mind about Steph no matter what the reason is.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think Drifty has his work cut out with trying to redeem Steph since like you said he has done such a good job of making most people despise her. I think the problem that he will have is that the reason she left has so much mystery behind it that it will be really hard to meet peoples expectations about what it is and most people hate her anyway so I doubt he will be able to change their mind about Steph no matter what the reason is.
Yeah I did not say for nothing that I would not mind if Drifty did revisit chapter 1 and slightly rework it if he felt he had strongly overhit the mark of what he wanted to accomplish with Steph. Besides also the first impression is always a strong one and hard to change, especially if so negative. Then again I do expect some twists in that storyline, but if they can overcome that first impression?

Reactions: MrFriendly

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah I did not say for nothing that I would not mind if Drifty did revisit chapter 1 and slightly rework it if he felt he had strongly overhit the mark of what he wanted to accomplish with Steph. Besides also the first impression is always a strong one and hard to change, especially if so negative. Then again I do expect some twists in that storyline, but if they can overcome that first impression?
Yeah I don't see most people's first impression of Steph changing. Even if it turns out she was helping war orphans in Africa for two years I doubt most people's opinions of her will change especially since all the other girls are far more likable than her.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I don't see most people's first impression of Steph changing. Even if it turns out she was helping war orphans in Africa for two years I doubt most people's opinions of her will change especially since all the other girls are far more likable than her.
Well based upon both Chris and Linda's remarks she should be as likable or more as any of the other girls, just she has not been presented in any such way to us as players yet. It may be in Mc's memory, but not in ours and even her two scenes in chapter 3, the flashbacks can be seen as not utterly great for her if look at them through the negative impression we have from chapter 1 and knowing she married someone else quite soon after leaving MC..

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Well based upon both Chris and Linda's remarks she should be as likable or more as any of the other girls, just she has not been presented in any such way to us as players yet. It may be in Mc's memory, but not in ours and even her two scenes in chapter 3, the flashbacks can be seen as not utterly great for her if look at them through the negative impression we have from chapter 1 and knowing she married someone else quite soon after leaving MC..
Yeah that's true. According to Chris and Linda she was supposed to be lovely but from what we have seen she is the complete opposite. She already didn't look good for leaving the MC and ruining his life, she's already stabbed the MC in the heart and the fact that she remarried someone just after leaving the supposed love of her life just twisted the knife.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah that's true. According to Chris and Linda she was supposed to be lovely but from what we have seen she is the complete opposite. She already didn't look good for leaving the MC and ruining his life, she's already stabbed the MC in the heart and the fact that she remarried someone just after leaving the supposed love of her life just twisted the knife.
Indeed that will take just as much of an explanation as the reason for her disappearance in the first place. Drifty would have made his job so much easier restoring her to lovable by so much if she would have not been married.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
There's a bit of 'historic' information about Chapter 1 and Steph, for you that's not been here since the start. :)

- There was supposed to be a scene between you seeing her at Metro and her home, where you two walk through the city streets at night. I had to leave it out because at that time I could not afford the scene model. Her "My place, now" was added to smoothen the (lack of) transition from Metro to her home. It was originally "Come, walk with me." There's a very high chance I will add that scene for the final release.
- v0.1.1 did not have the option to refuse Steph at her home in Ch1. It was in the script, but I thought as this is an AVN, I should at least have 1 lewd scene in there that you 'had' to do. Very much a rookie mistake for my first VN.
- v0.1.5 was released a week later with the option to refuse Steph included due to the massive request for it (and it being in the original script as well).

I needed the shoe for story purposes, and that's why she's throwing it. It's a moment of frustration for her of course, though I can relate to many feeling that if you throw a shoe at someone, they are pretty much bat crazy by default.

Also keep in mind, in the final release, if you don't like Steph, you probably won't fuck her on your first playthrough, and an hour or two later you will know the outcome. The only thing you have to go by is 1. She left you without a word, and was gone for 2 years, 2. She offers no immediate explanation (wanting to get down and dirty first) and seems to have changed quite a bit, and 3. Throwing shoes now, really? No player playing the final game will have the option to discuss her behaviour for months, or maybe even know what happens if you do (ofc many will go for the scene anyway, but if we're going to go by the numbers, you shouldn't know everything if you don't fuck her). :)

So, many things may work differently in the final version, and that's why I've decided to move forward with the original script (and not change it due to the ongoing discussion). And you have the option to choose as you want going forward - after hearing her explanation. And after all that talk about saving you,maybe she even gets a chance to do so later on.

Cheers

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
There's a bit of 'historic' information about Chapter 1 and Steph, for you that's not been here since the start. :)

- There was supposed to be a scene between you seeing her at Metro and her home, where you two walk through the city streets at night. I had to leave it out because at that time I could not afford the scene model. Her "My place, now" was added to smoothen the (lack of) transition from Metro to her home. It was originally "Come, walk with me." There's a very high chance I will add that scene for the final release.
- v0.1.1 did not have the option to refuse Steph at her home in Ch1. It was in the script, but I thought as this is an AVN, I should at least have 1 lewd scene in there that you 'had' to do. Very much a rookie mistake for my first VN.
- v0.1.5 was released a week later with the option to refuse Steph included due to the massive request for it (and it being in the original script as well).

I needed the shoe for story purposes, and that's why she's throwing it. It's a moment of frustration for her of course, though I can relate to many feeling that if you throw a shoe at someone, they are pretty much bat crazy by default.

Also keep in mind, in the final release, if you don't like Steph, you probably won't fuck her on your first playthrough, and an hour or two later you will know the outcome. The only thing you have to go by is 1. She left you without a word, and was gone for 2 years, 2. She offers no immediate explanation (wanting to get down and dirty first) and seems to have changed quite a bit, and 3. Throwing shoes now, really? No player playing the final game will have the option to discuss her behaviour for months, or maybe even know what happens if you do (ofc many will go for the scene anyway, but if we're going to go by the numbers, you shouldn't know everything if you don't fuck her). :)

So, many things may work differently in the final version, and that's why I've decided to go by the original script. And you have the option to choose as you want going forward - after hearing her explanation. And after all that talk about saving you,maybe she even gets a chance to do so later on.

Cheers
Hey you wrote it good enough for us to care even if negatively, just you made your own job hard by doing so. :)

Remember it is not up to us to like Steph, it is up to you now after the start of the game as it is to give us a good enough explanation for those two years and her being married now, so that we or I can see letting her be a part of MC's life going forward as friends or more. :p Knowing that we as players may/will view her explanation through the glasses of that negative first impression of her you created on purpose. Which also diminished the impact of the dream flashback in chapter 3 and the letter. I am not sure, but think you underestimate the bad effect of her being married makes to that impression without an explanation (Edit: since you already know that explanation when you wrote that first part and we do not), but I suspect it has a story reason which will be revealed.

Where the friends part seems unwise with her being married in a good relation (as far as we can assume on the information provided until now) and unavailable to MC. You know moving forward for MC might be kinda hard with her in his life the way he loves/loved her. :)

The shoe part actually fits way more with the part that you had to drop due to not having the scenes, yeah if after that MC went up with her and rejected her, she would not be the only woman I have known that might throw a shoe or worse at you. :p

Edit2: Just as Stephs life would have been way easier if they had gone to Mc's place especially with her being married, just that would have made it much harder not to have had that talk or to have the walk where MC saved Cece. :p

Last edited:

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I just started playing and am on chatper 2. So far i'm really enjoying this a lot. Nothing to add to anyone's discussion just saying it's a really good story so far with some really interesting characters. Looking forward to finding the time to get through more. (y)

Reactions: Silver-Argus

Sawdogg06

Mar 5, 2019
There are only a couple of unfinished games that I have played multiple playthroughs and this happens to be one of them. This game is easily top 5 and has potential to even be the top game in the future. Great job dev, you are truly an artist. Steph to me is still the hottest model so my opinion of her is jaded a little bit. I so want to forgive her and as I posted previously, I hope we can get a believable explanation from her. As far as contributing to Dev's Patreon, he deserves more subscribers. I may drop my subscription to one of the other games I subscribe monthly payments too, but holding off until next update.

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Weird reading through the posts that Steph gets so much hatred. I personally like her character and place in the story adds tension and drama.

Reactions: Blayo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Weird reading through the posts that Steph gets so much hatred. I personally like her character and place in the story adds tension and drama.
All has to do with immersion with MC I suspect. :p ( and possibly the fact that since she is hot we dislike to have to dislike her, who knows :p). Overall it is a great game yeah and Steph is a part of that. Also I suspect we might have misinterpreted Steph's intentions in chapter 1 to MC and it was meeting MC against her intentions that made her act the way she did in that chapter.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
I absolutely love the game so far, so much that I am now a patron.

I agree with most of the comments here about Stephanie. I am very much looking forward to hearing her explanation so I hope that happens next update.

I find the marriage to be the most concerning part. The ghosting for 2 years is pretty bad but I can at least imagine a few scenarios where I would accept the explanation, albeit reluctantly, but dealing with a husband on top of all of that makes it really hard to maintain an interest in her when there are so many other appealing options.

I'm in camp Lexi at the moment. Her reaction to the text conversation was so adorable. I'm a little scared to see the dark part of her story but I'm confident we can overcome together.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes