Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Worst thing she has done so far is to ghost you for two years. If her explanation turns out to be good enough (I know, I know...)
That's the problem and why many people including myself don't see her as being redeemable. There's literally no excuse that would be believable for what she did and i think drifty has one hell of a job ahead of him if hes wanting to make her likable in the eyes of the majority.

I think her character could of been fine if you didn't go home with her AND the note was never introduced but combining her attitude in the club with what she said in the note just didn't make any sense and it sucks because i'm sure the game being named "leap of faith" has more to do with steph then it has to do with cece especially since drifty made the original encounter with steph have a forced path but then due to outrage it was changed to an option making her route more prevalent then the others.

wolvesaber

Jun 20, 2020
well that depends on the path you took when she took you to the house.. an then realized the note in your pocket at the end when she left 2 years ago.. she realized you read the note befor hand an would of wanted to talk but why? she's married. sorry spoliers. if i was the mc i wouldnt forgive her either way.. she left b/c her parents or who ever told her she had to leave no questions no goodbyes. if she was married why would she play the mc to go home with her then try to have sex with em? this is why he's having a hard time at the end b/c he knows he's been played an she messed with his head.. or he be thinking what it mite have been if she didn't leave... who knows we'll have to see in the next chapter

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I think her character could of been fine if you didn't go home with her AND the note was never introduced but combining her attitude in the club with what she said in the note just didn't make any sense and it sucks because i'm sure the game being named "leap of faith" has more to do with steph then it has to do with cece especially since drifty made the original encounter with steph have a forced path but then due to outrage it was changed to an option making her route more prevalent then the others.
Maybe our definitions of 'fine' are different.
You would still know that you had been ghosted for two years and that she had been ignoring you since she returned. She refused to tell you anything at the club. The note made things worse, but the woman at the club was not the Steph you thought you knew.
By not going home with her, you would not know that she was married and not have to witness her about to have sex. Not knowing this does not make her character better, it is just that you know less.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I played the Steph path both ways and i think i preferred not sleeping with her, it felt more natural to me. I think the story is trying to pull you down the path of being so in love with her that common sense doesn't even come into play whenever your with her. Chris tells you later about her likely being married so the only thing you don't know about is the guy she is with may be potentially dangerous. I think it is possible for her to be redeemed but it will have to be something pretty special to justify her treatment of our MC - Which will likely be a long, slow burn to build that relationship back up and i think that will be the stumbling block as people seem to want thing's resolved now, now, now! Updates and story progression take time but i think the quality of the story so far proves this is one to watch for the long run regardless of how long we have to wait for the next part. Personally i can't wait for more. (y)

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
By not going home with her, you would not know that she was married and not have to witness her about to have sex. Not knowing this does not make her character better, it is just that you know less.
Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the best friend character tell the MC she's married even if you don't go home with her?

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the best friend character tell the MC she's married even if you don't go home with her?
You are correct. I never played that path (but I have just checked the scripts).
So, if you have sex with her, you only find out she is married when her husband arrives home, otherwise Chris has to tell you. Neither option helps with the impression of Steph.

EDIT : made correction (go home -> have sex)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
You are correct. I never played that path (but I have just checked the scripts).
So, if you go home with her, you only find out she is married when her husband arrives home, otherwise Chris has to tell you. Neither option helps with the impression of Steph.
"...if you go home with her..."? You're forced to go home with her. What you meant to say was "...if you fuck the cunt..."

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Actually Chris doesn't state it matter of factly, his exact words are "I think she's married. She had a ring on her finger at the airport". My previous comment is more a suggestion directed at DriftyGames if he actually wanted to plot a romantic path for Steph. Fact is there's no other way for him to pull it off. If she fucked Melvin, she'll never be more than a c*m dumpster, period.

Last edited:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
"...if you go home with her..."? You're forced to go home with her. What you meant to say was "...if you fuck the cunt..."
You are no longer forced to go home with her, it was changed in one of the previous patches due to the outrage.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
You are no longer forced to go home with her, it was changed in one of the previous patches due to the outrage.
I just replayed version 3.1c and you still have to go home with her. The having sex with her part was mandatory before I think.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Exactly. That entire scene was forced originally. Drifty rewrote it and gave the choice after some kissing.
That option was sorely needed imho. Just fucking her without demanding answers is just too frustrating. Not that you get any answers from her anyway

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
You literally do not have to leave the club with her. I just played the game like 2 weeks ago and u could tell her "no" right off the bat in the club, stopping any and all progress in that route so i don't know what you guys are doing in your playthroughs to have a forced option but i had none of that in mine.
I'll replay it. I haven't restarted it since he changed the scene to what I just explained.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
You literally do not have to leave the club with her. I just played the game like 2 weeks ago and u could tell her "no" right off the bat in the club, stopping any and all progress in that route so i don't know what you guys are doing in your playthroughs to have a forced option but i had none of that in mine.
I replayed that part 5 min ago because I didn't remember that option. It isn't there and I have the 0.3.1c version of the game. Unless theres a newer version I don't have you have to go to her apartement and either fuck her or have her throw a shoe at you after demanding answers

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
My bad i always assumed the choice where you reject her / shoe was thrown was done in a room inside the club and not at her house. You guys are totally right that you still have to go to her place regardless of the choices.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes