Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Some might say sacrificing her own wants, needs and life for the sake of someone else is quite a noble act.

Remember, we have absolutely no idea yet why she got married, for how long...or the reasons behind it.
I don't care. I'll listen to her, because I have to. But, other than that. Don't care. I already burned that bridge.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Some might say sacrificing her own wants, needs and life for the sake of someone else is quite a noble act.

Remember, we have absolutely no idea yet why she got married, for how long...or the reasons behind it.
Sure its a noble act but on the other hand a relationship is a 2 way street, leaving your significant other without a word for 2 years is bad regardless of the reason, also keeping secrets from someone is a pretty big deal for most people. Personally i lean a little more to the egotistical side that thinks you should never hold a torch or carry a candle for a women that has done you wrong regardless of the reason but i do know that there are some guys out there that give women 2nd or even 3rd chances, i'm just not one of them.

To be fair, it does seem like drifty has made the MC lean more towards the forgiving side of things especially since it seems like he has been pining away for steph for 2 years now which feels kinda "cucky" to me but to each their own.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Sure its a noble act but on the other hand a relationship is a 2 way street, leaving your significant other without a word for 2 years is bad regardless of the reason, also keeping secrets from someone is a pretty big deal for most people. Personally i lean a little more to the egotistical side that thinks you should never hold a torch or carry a candle for a women that has done you wrong regardless of the reason but i do know that there are some guys out there that give women 2nd or even 3rd chances, i'm just not one of them.

To be fair, it does seem like drifty has made the MC lean more towards the forgiving side of things especially since it seems like he has been pining away for steph for 2 years now which feels kinda "cucky" to me but to each their own.
Agreed and been there myself once. My point was she did what she did (as far as plot goes) to keep us alive. Surely she can't be blamed for that? That's a sacrifice. One I bet most people around here would never understand. However, the fact that she gets so much hate is kudos to the writing also.

However, as I said, despite all the hate she gets, we neither know the where, the who, the what or anything else, yet she is demonized beyond belief already, I find that rather amusing. As for MC's writing yes I agree, and that is unfortunately the way the story is being told. people have to suck that up and roll with it or stop playing. That is who the MC is. The MC is still very much in love with her (or who she once was). I don't personally see as cucky as we were completely unaware of her situation (and can choose to turn her down)...

I will have a good chuckle though (and I'm on the fence about her personally) if he pulls out a masterclass of writing and half her haters are suddenly all over her haha.

Reactions: Ragnar

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I will have a good chuckle though (and I'm on the fence about her personally) if he pulls out a masterclass of writing and half her haters are suddenly all over her haha.
Lol now that's something we can agree about. I can't imagine him being able to sway me from absolutely hating steph to picking her as the main girl but IF he can make that happen then it would be damn good writing.

Reactions: Maviarab

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Agreed and been there myself once. My point was she did what she did (as far as plot goes) to keep us alive. Surely she can't be blamed for that? That's a sacrifice. One I bet most people around here would never understand. However, the fact that she gets so much hate is kudos to the writing also.
You know, after rereading your post i just had a good laugh. It sure is a "sacrifice" when your married and out at the club partying it up. Guess she doesn't think about her "past sacrifice" all that much huh. I thought she was supposed to be "fixing" whatever the problem was so she could get back with the MC but nah, shes rich and going to VIP clubs/concerts now.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You know, after rereading your post i just had a good laugh. It sure is a "sacrifice" when your married and out at the club partying it up. Guess she doesn't think about her "past sacrifice" all that much huh. I thought she was supposed to be "fixing" whatever the problem was so she could get back with the MC but nah, shes rich and going to VIP clubs/concerts now.
Again, we have no idea what has happened in the preceeding 2 years, why she is married (and imo, her dialogue to her husband was not loving), whether she is still dealing with why she had to leave etc. It's not like she has been back 6 months and ignored the MC, she has literally just got back (we know this from Chris, if he is in fact actually telling us the truth).

So she is obviously still trapped/part of/involved in whatever reason she had to leave originally.

Reactions: MarinBladewing

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Why doesn't it surprise me that some people find that an endearing quality? ❄

bigmacaroni

Jan 6, 2019
DriftyGames
just a suggestion for future updates: any thoughts about implementing a petname system where you can type in a nickname for the LIs to call you during lewd scenes (i.e. let the girls call you "Daddy" or "sir" or "Lexi's Simp", whatever the user wants lol)

I don't think it's particularly hard to implement, and is pretty satisfying!

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
DriftyGames
just a suggestion for future updates: any thoughts about implementing a petname system where you can type in a nickname for the LIs to call you during lewd scenes (i.e. let the girls call you "Daddy" or "sir" or "Lexi's Simp", whatever the user wants lol)

I don't think it's particularly hard to implement, and is pretty satisfying!
You just want this implemented so all the girls call you bigmacaroni. :devilish:

ilon55

Jan 11, 2019
Oh, don't worry guys, I'm sure the dev will give us some heartbreaking (read: big bs) story as Steph's apology. There are many stories with this theme, it's a classic. There will be a lot of people who will defend her, regret and even admire her 'sacrifice'. :LOL:

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Oh, don't worry guys, I'm sure the dev will give us some heartbreaking (read: big bs) story as Steph's apology. There are many stories with this theme, it's a classic. There will be a lot of people who will defend her, regret and even admire her 'sacrifice'. :LOL:
Originally LoF is a story about the MC, his friend and some good and willing girls, and what they experienced 'that summer'. Though, when it comes to Stephanie, it is what it is. And you're free to react to the 'big bullshit story' as you see fit. When I saw the amount of reactions Steph got when I released Chapter 1, I knew I had to rewrite Steph's involvement with MC in the story as optional, and so I did. The choice is up to you. And her part in the story has interesting turns if you choose to bring her along or not.

yeah i gotta agree Chris isn't a very good friend ...
But, there will never be a choice when it comes to him.
...and a few more...

Chris didn't tell you he saw Steph at the airport because he didn't want to ruin the good mood before Metro. I've seen similar cases in real life where you ruin a whole evening of fun by mentioning somebody's ex. At least that's my take on it. I won't expand upon it further in the story though. But his path is not optional.

Or I could have made a story about a MC that for some reason decides to get a flat somewhere and decides to share it with a few sisters, a mother, a long lost aunt, and everybody could bring a (girl)friend, and we could go to a park or beach every once in a while. It would at least have been easier on me. :)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Chris didn't tell you he saw Steph at the airport because he didn't want to ruin the good mood before Metro. I've seen similar cases in real life where you ruin a whole evening of fun by mentioning somebody's ex. At least that's my take on it. I won't expand upon it further in the story though. But his path is not optional.

Or I could have made a story about a MC that for some reason decides to get a flat somewhere and decides to share it with a few sisters, a mother, a long lost aunt, and everybody could bring a (girl)friend, and we could go to a park or beach every once in a while. It would at least have been easier on me. :)
naww you don't have to change your story just cause we don't like someone ... i really like it the way it is :)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
For one, I like the story. It's why I pledged. I just have strong feelings about certain things and the ex and the 'friend' are on my shit list. Even though I have no chance to tell the friend anything. Which is fine. I'll deal with that and the forced interaction with Steph to hear what she has to say. Then I want to hurry back to my Linda. :)

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
naww you don't have to change your story just cause we don't like someone ... i really like it the way it is :)
It's not that big of a change, but I thought some people do not want to hang around with all through the story, and that's fine by me. A bit more work, as I have to render some scenes with and without her, and that's fine by me.

The story requires Steph's involvement later on though, and that goes by the original script. :)

For one, I like the story. It's why I pledged. I just have strong feelings about certain things and the ex and the 'friend' are on my shit list. Even though I have no chance to tell the friend anything. Which is fine. I'll deal with that and the forced interaction with Steph to hear what she has to say. Then I want to hurry back to my Linda. :)
Linda will always be there for you, after all she has been in love with you since early school, and still is. So has Chris. Ok, not in love with you, but you get my drift. :)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Linda will always be there for you, after all she has been in love with you since early school, and still is. So has Chris. Ok, not in love with you, but you get my drift. :)
Glad you clarified that. lol Just wished you'd give us a choice when it comes to Chris about how we interact or not interact with him. I understand your point with him, but, if you won't let us kick him to the curb completely, maybe you can give us choices of whether to be nice or snarky with him. lol

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Glad you clarified that. lol Just wished you'd give us a choice when it comes to Chris about how we interact or not interact with him. I understand your point with him, but, if you won't let us kick him to the curb completely, maybe you can give us choices of whether to be nice or snarky with him. lol
I've been toying around with certain mean of incapacitating him for certain parts of the story. Let's see how it pans out. Oh, and I'm rendering Linda in a bikini now. I'll make you proud.

Don't worry, there some of us very interested to see where Steph's story goes. Not sure how it'll shake out, but I'm personally hoping you can manage some catharsis in that thread of the story. Loving what you've done so far and excited to see more!
That is the main goal.

Concerning Steph, you won't go about being an ass about leaving her behind if you go that route. As you will see later on, she has to go through hell anyway. :)

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes