Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I feel like Robin gets glossed over a lot and its kinda crazy considering shes into video games lol. You would think more people would be interested in a hot gamer girl.
She's my co-favorite (along with Cece). I haven't yet played this most recent update, so I don't know where the story takes her but, yeah I think she's underrated.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
She's my co-favorite (along with Cece). I haven't yet played this most recent update, so I don't know where the story takes her but, yeah I think she's underrated.
I like Robin but she and Kira seem happy together so I’m not going that route, seems like it will be it’s own can of worms. I feel like Cece is going through some shit and we are probably along for the ride anyway so might as well buckle up and get ready. I don’t want to borrow anyone else’s problems.

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I like Robin but she and Kira seem happy together so I’m not going that route, seems like it will be it’s own can of worms. I feel like Cece is going through some shit and we are probably along for the ride anyway so might as well buckle up and get ready. I don’t want to borrow anyone else’s problems.
Wait, they're together? Why would they go on a date with you then? I don't need more of that Maya/Josie nonsense holy fuck.

Reactions: Nospamwss

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah. They're together. But, not really. I have 2 saves for them, separately. I told Kira on one that I wouldn't share and she was fine with that. So, I doubt they are as happy as you think. One of them even said that it's a 'fun thing'. Meaning not serious. If that ever comes up with Robin, I'll tell her the same. Got to have the drama. Ahahahaha

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Wait wait...why is everyone bashing Steph?
I know full well what she did, but also the context. See it from the MCs perspective. Personally I don't like her, but I rarely let first impressions cover an individuals real self. That's why so many crush romances are doomed to fail.
Steph has her own shit to deal with, whether she be an agent or mob monitor, we still don't know what has happened and how she may or may not play a part in the future.
That said, I dig Linda too.

Lexi > (Linda&Cece) > Kira > Robin > Steph (sorry don't have a foot, virus fetish nor am I bisexual or gay)

If we rate by sexappeal...

Lexi > Linda > Steph > Robin > Cece > Kira > Dat Shoe!

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Well, while most people acknowledges that real life has infinitely more than 50 shades of grey and have no problem with their virtual life reflecting the same spectrum, some people like their virtual life (and maybe even their real life) as all black and white. I say to each their own.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
For one, she took away the MC's choice of getting through whatever the fuck her family was putting her through when it came to him. BUT, also in her note she stated that SHE fucked up and made a mess.

Anyway, the bitch disappeared for 2 years, then she comes back, married mind you to a guy named 'Melvin', wanting to fuck the MC, so that only PROVES how much of a cheating whore she is. No coming back from that.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
For one, she took away the MC's choice of getting through whatever the fuck her family was putting her through when it came to him. BUT, also in her note she stated that SHE fucked up and made a mess.

Anyway, the bitch disappeared for 2 years, then she comes back, married mind you to a guy named 'Melvin', wanting to fuck the MC, so that only PROVES how much of a cheating whore she is. No coming back from that.
We do agree. Actually no disagreement at all. My point is still that we lack a lot of content about her. I'm sure that DriftyGames will smack a plot twist in. Her story arc seems to be building up in intensity, but then again I might just be reading too much into it. Bad writer habits.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018

Personally i think the note ruined her entire character. There's a big difference in what she says in the note to what we actually see when she returns.

wolvesaber

Jun 20, 2020
if she was old enough befor she left an had that much love for the mc she would of told her parents to f off.. an stay with thy mc but she made her bed to choice her parents over the mc.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I know full well what she did, but also the context. See it from the MCs perspective. Personally I don't like her, but I rarely let first impressions cover an individuals real self. That's why so many crush romances are doomed to fail.
Steph has her own shit to deal with, whether she be an agent or mob monitor, we still don't know what has happened and how she may or may not play a part in the future.
That said, I dig Linda too.
What "context" are you talking about? We simply don't know what was happening nor why she left. We have theory and conjecture but nothing solid.

My dislike of Steph stems from the following:

1) the first release of this game the MC just went with her and fucked her. No choice was allowed, it happened. She left for two years, comes back, they fuck. Done.

2) the fact that she was keeping secrets, rather large ones, from the MC for 3 years (the length of their relationship). The fact that she decided the best course of action was not to tell James (the MC) anything about the situation (the grave danger he was in) but instead leave for "2 weeks" to "fix" the danger. Then for two years she was gone with no communication, no attempted communication (as far as we know), and she comes back with a hardness in her eyes and a husband named Melvin. We don't know if she would have contacted James if they hadn't met at the Metro. The fact that she refuses to give the MC an explanation when they first meet and is only about the sex. The fact that she married a very violent man who would easily kill the MC and so she forces him to jump out a window and then immediately fucks this supposedly very violent man.

Linda's booty and unfinished relationship with James is far more appealing than the mess that is Steph. If the MC is going to go back to a woman who he had feelings for it would make more sense to go for the one who didn't break his heart.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
What "context" are you talking about? We simply don't know what was happening nor why she left. We have theory and conjecture but nothing solid.

1) the first release of this game the MC just went with her and fucked her. No choice was allowed, it happened. She left for two years, comes back, they fuck. Done.

2) the fact that she was keeping secrets, rather large ones, from the MC for 3 years (the length of their relationship). The fact that she decided the best course of action was not to tell James (the MC) anything about the situation (the grave danger he was in) but instead leave for "2 weeks" to "fix" the danger. Then for two years she was gone with no communication, no attempted communication (as far as we know), and she comes back with a hardness in her eyes and a husband named Melvin. We don't know if she would have contacted James if they hadn't met at the Metro. The fact that she refuses to give the MC an explanation when they first meet and is only about the sex. The fact that she married a very violent man who would easily kill the MC and so she forces him to jump out a window and then immediately fucks this supposedly very violent man.

Linda's booty and unfinished relationship with James is far more appealing than the mess that is Steph. If the MC is going to go back to a woman who he had feelings for it would make more sense to go for the one who didn't break his heart.
number 2 sums it up perfectly, but there is also :

3) She says she left to keep MC safe, but when she comes back, she risks getting the MC killed because she is horny (and once again, she makes all the decisions by herself without giving MC any important information.)

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
number 2 sums it up perfectly, but there is also :

3) She says she left to keep MC safe, but when she comes back, she risks getting the MC killed because she is horny.
Yeah, I have to say that if I am in a relationship with someone and that puts me in mortal danger it would be nice if they gave me a heads up. Just a nice courtesy to say "B T Dubs being with me may result in you being killed... Is the sex worth the danger? Yes or No?" But I guess that is too difficult for Steph...

Reactions: ShadowThrone

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

Ding Ding DING! Give that man a fuckin cigar!

Yeah, I have to say that if I am in a relationship with someone and that puts me in mortal danger it would be nice if they gave me a heads up. Just a nice courtesy to say "B T Dubs being with me may result in you being killed... Is the sex worth the danger? Yes or No?" But I guess that is too difficult for Steph...
My point exactly. At least let the MC decide for himself. Fuck Steph. Fuck that whole shit when the game first started. She's a cheating whore. If we weren't going to be forced to listen to her, I would be completely done with her. Let's just get that shit over and done with.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Ding Ding DING! Give that man a fuckin cigar!

My point exactly. At least let the MC decide for himself. Fuck Steph. Fuck that whole shit when the game first started. She's a cheating whore. If we weren't going to be forced to listen to her, I would be completely done with her. Let's just get that shit over and done with.
I don't consider it cheating, though I can see why someone would, to me as soon as she left the relationship was over. Sure it took the MC 2 years to realize that (and then she showed up right as he came to that realization) but the relationship is DOA at this point. I can see helping her out because of what they did share but there is no fucking way that James should be wanting to continue that relationship when he has so many other options now.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
I think I saw someone in this thread asking me if I regret having portrayed Steph the way I did in Chapter 1, or if I knew it would cause such a flow of reactions.

Honestly, no. I stepped into this barefoot. Having read the amazing amount of 6 VN's before I dived into my story, I had no idea about anything. I didn't even know F95 existed (feel free to laugh, I do so myself) :)

If I regret her? No, not at all. I love Steph as I love all my characters. She's so much fun to write for, and I still think she's a breath of fresh air when it comes to VN's, no matter what side of the fence you're on. If there's anything at all I'd like to put my finger on, is that she is taking a lot of attention, diverting it from all the work I've put into the rest of the story. But that also gives me a bit of a chuckle that you don't see the some of the pointers I've put in there for future content, because of the huge shadow Steph casts.

And as I've pointed out several times, I think this community is great. I'm not Pixar, or have high quality hardware (quite on the contrary). I have my normal day job, and a family. It's a handful at times, but I love it. And I thank you over and over for the way you have accepted my little story. In some cases it gave me the curage to be a bit more daring and take chances, like creating a bunny slipper dance and other things, which I had no idea of how people would react to.

Also, do consider the fact that after Chapter 4 is out, nobody will discuss Steph for months on end. They won't need to, as the answer to everything is an hour or two of reading into the future. If course I'm more or less terrified of how you will react to the explanation. It's like creating a joke, not knowing if it will be funny or not. Multiplied by 100.

Still I can't wait to give you Chapter 4. It's a logistical nightmare. But I'm rendering like crazy, and after every day I'm a bit closer.

oh, and a ps: sneak peak coming soon. :)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I don't consider it cheating, though I can see why someone would, to me as soon as she left the relationship was over. Sure it took the MC 2 years to realize that (and then she showed up right as he came to that realization) but the relationship is DOA at this point. I can see helping her out because of what they did share but there is no fucking way that James should be wanting to continue that relationship when he has so many other options now.
Cheating while they were together. Before she left, she was probably fucking Melvin, maybe he found out and threatened to kill the MC.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes