BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I thought this was obvious, Sel is the king of anticlimatic endings.
Remember insane Makoto in chap 1? It got me so hooked, but then she suddenly became normal in chap 2. She doesn't even question what happened in bluejay now that she's aware (yet).
Remember when Rin felt empty after dating Otoha? She also became normal in chap 3, or to be more accurate she got sidetracked by her conflicts with Otoha. And while I do think that fits with her character, I feel like there could've been a better resolution for that story.
There's also Sara's bar and Yumi's job, which I've talked about in a previous post about how they are just there to explore the characters. There's a lot more examples I can talk about too.
It feels like the stories that do get strong moments are planned from the start. Maya and Niki are the two biggest examples.
Anyways, Sel's biggest strength is getting people attached to the cast, and I will still be here for the cute girl banter. I've talked about this a lot already. But if the story continues to go at the pace of 0.33 and we don't get some really big revelation by the end of chap 3, Sel's gonna lose a decent chunk of his following.
I do think though, that Bluejay was resolved in a logical way.
After the reset her mom went into mom mode for once, instead of acting like a friend or older sister towards her own daughter as she used to.
Also Akira had a moment where he grew and gave Makoto some appreciation she needed from him.
At least those two things shoved Makoto into a path to undo/process Bluejay.

About the revelations stuff.
I also think (if it's that what you meant) that we need more unquestionable plot points to hold on to.
Akiras name maybe, among others.
Only thing i keep on holding on for now, is Himawari and everything she seems to be connected to, like her mother.
If Sel's goin to fiddle with her like he did with Ami for example, then i see no more reason into putting any thoughts into Lil, and just out of habit continue to read Lil to the end.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Game này nó nhiều file vl tôi chả biết dùng file nào để dịch, vài game khác tôi vào file script là dịch đc rồi.
Game này nó dài nên chia ra nhiều file dễ quản lý, ví dụ như event trong dorm để trong dormevents, event của Ami để trong AmiEvents, event chính để trong script, còn mấy đoạn 18+ nó lại để ở 1 file khác.
I do think though, that Bluejay was resolved in a logical way.
After the reset her mom went into mom mode for once, instead of acting like a friend or older sister towards her own daughter as she used to.
Also Akira had a moment where he grew and gave Makoto some appreciation she needed from him.
At least those two things shoved Makoto into a path to undo/process Bluejay.

About the revelations stuff.
I also think (if it's that what you meant) that we need more unquestionable plot points to hold on to.
Akiras name maybe, among others.
Only thing i keep on holding on for now, is Himawari and everything she seems to be connected to, like her mother.
If Sel's goin to fiddle with her like he did with Ami for example, then i see no more reason into putting any thoughts into Lil, and just out of habit continue to read Lil to the end.
I do think Bluejay had a logical resolution, it just wasn't satisfying. That's my biggest problem with LiL, lots of interesting storylines just disappear without a proper ending, and in the case of Ayane/Ami in 0.33, it was not a satisfying ending.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit on the Psycho Ami plotline ending. Just because she let Ayane get away with one slap doesn't mean that she won't do anything horrible again. She still has some secret plan she needed time away from Sensei to arrange, and also a secret promise she extracted from him. So there's still a chekov's gun waiting to fire.

Maya might be unreliable, but I think Himawari/Daisy/the shapeshifter has every reason to lie to Ayane. She needs Ayane's relationship with Sensei to work out, and that probably wouldn't happen if Ayane kept believing that Ami was about to murder her.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
and in the case of Ayane/Ami in 0.33, it was not a satisfying ending.
It's not an ending, the psycho Ami arc was just put into question. Something that was needed for a couple of reasons:
First off, the Ayane character. She was already getting on my nerves this update. Of course I get why she acted like that, made total sense. But nobody wants to see characters get petrified and/or moping around indefinitely (like last 2-3 updates of Sensei Overnight, jeez what a drag). The story needs to move on and she was not allowing that.

The other reason is that we were putting almost all our focus on psycho Ami while now we have more food for thought. Look, I understand people feeling gaslighted (again), but now we have two characters (Maya, Himawari) saying opposite things. Depending on how events unfold, one of them will have more cred and we'll have something to hold on to.

I think this is all purpousely leading to make us question Maya more and more. At first, she was our beacon light, almost taking her word as gospel no matter how many times she would say that she knows little to nothing. We simply didn't have anything else.

It turns out that we were building castles in the sand, and now Maya will suffer the backlash. She will be accused of being a villain by both us and the characters, while most likely she is just a victim of perception.

Last edited:

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
Game này nó dài nên chia ra nhiều file dễ quản lý, ví dụ như event trong dorm để trong dormevents, event của Ami để trong AmiEvents, event chính để trong script, còn mấy đoạn 18+ nó lại để ở 1 file khác.

I do think Bluejay had a logical resolution, it just wasn't satisfying. That's my biggest problem with LiL, lots of interesting storylines just disappear without a proper ending, and in the case of Ayane/Ami in 0.33, it was not a satisfying ending.
haizz mởi test thử thì nó bị lỗi font rồi ông ạ chắc bỏ dự án này quá :V

• Sad
Reactions: BahnMiire

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
That's my biggest problem with LiL, lots of interesting storylines just disappear without a proper ending, and in the case of Ayane/Ami in 0.33, it was not a satisfying ending.
Hopefully this isn’t the end of the new besties dynamic, as I’d love to see more ripples from Ayane’s impactful shifts in characters.

For me the same unsatisfied feeling takes place on Tsuneyo’s role in Molly drunk rape arc. The shock value of her almost killing Sensei and her comedic comeback was so great that it puts that supposedly concluding little talk on the beach to a breezed through level; as in nothing is really solved or corrected by reset, but let’s get a move on!!!

I understand the part of this can be reasoned with Tsuneyo’s weirdness and Sensei’s unexpected burst in emotions, and we probably haven’t seen the definitive end of this arc, but I guess I just wish there was more to see on things so seriously fucked, before chalking up and moving on.

Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, Random Theory Time: Noriko and Maya's deal, may have broke an already broken Sensei:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As for why Maya still avoids the Old District after all this time:
I think it's likely for the same reason she remains a shrine maiden:
She doesn't want to risk breaking the deal in case it influences her survivability.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So, Random Theory Time: Noriko and Maya's deal, may have broke an already broken Sensei:
As for why Maya still avoids the Old District after all this time:
I think it's likely for the same reason she remains a shrine maiden:
She doesn't want to risk breaking the deal in case it influences her survivability.
(DeSkel theorytime)
csd.gif

TahiLan

Jan 14, 2022
haizz mởi test thử thì nó bị lỗi font rồi ông ạ chắc bỏ dự án này quá :V
Hãy bỏ qua, với cái thứ chết tiệt mà tôi tìm hiểu suốt 3 năm vẫn chỉ hiểu được 40% những điều đang diễn ra trong trò chơi chết tiệt này thì tốt nhất đừng dịch cho bớt đau não

• Sad
Reactions: BahnMiire

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Hopefully this isn’t the end of the new besties dynamic, as I’d love to see more ripples from Ayane’s impactful shifts in characters.

For me the same unsatisfied feeling takes place on Tsuneyo’s role in Molly drunk rape arc. The shock value of her almost killing Sensei and her comedic comeback was so great that it puts that supposedly concluding little talk on the beach to a breezed through level; as in nothing is really solved or corrected by reset, but let’s get a move on!!!

I understand the part of this can be reasoned with Tsuneyo’s weirdness and Sensei’s unexpected burst in emotions, and we probably haven’t seen the definitive end of this arc, but I guess I just wish there was more to see on things so seriously fucked, before chalking up and moving on.
In general one aspect that keeps holding LiL back for me is Sel's unwillingness to commit to a development for long, things tend to go back to the status quo pretty quickly, and while that was fine back in Chapters 1 and 2, when we're over 2 million words into the story it just feels like it's time for changes huge enough to impact the structure of the game. And his tendency to write narrations that keep promising and warning us of how everything will go badly soon certainly doesn't help. It's why I was really disappointed when Maya's reset was just a cheap cliffhanger and it was resolved right away, if you're going to go that route then just don't build it up in the first place.

ConorTheOgre

Jan 2, 2018
What might I be missing that Boner on the Bus won't trigger? I've got every event completed other than the new Niki lust one and affection/lust with everyone, but it's not starting the event chain on Saturday.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes