wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Not only we see internal dialogue that contradicts that reasoning, it doesn't even make sense. He'd be at worst exchanging one girl for several others, and that isn't likely. Moreover, it couldn't be a reason for changing the sexual relationships he already in.
The problem here is that you're thinking rationally. Sensei isn't. He doesn't want some of the girls, he doesn't want most of the girls. He wants all of them.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
The problem here is that you're thinking rationally. Sensei isn't. He doesn't want some of the girls, he doesn't want most of the girls. He wants all of them.
Sensei isn't a complete animal that can't think except with his dick.
He can and does hold back when necessary, and even though his goal is having sex with as many people as possible, he also knows when to dial it down, like when you can decide to hold off on Chika for Rin, or when he friendzones (sorry her name completely slipped from my mind right now) black girl, or... simply when you can decide whether to fuck Ami or not.

Is he rational when he decides to have sex with more and more girls even though there's the risk of Chika catching him and thus him losing one girl? No, but it makes sense, that's how most people who cheat on their partners operate; what he will and does do is just try and lower the chances of being caught. Same way he wasn't trying to make excuses and was ready to let go of Futaba and Makoto when they bring it up to him at the beach.

Reactions: wamzzz

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Sensei isn't a complete animal that can't think except with his dick.
He can and does hold back when necessary, and even though his goal is having sex with as many people as possible, he also knows when to dial it down, like when you can decide to hold off on Chika for Rin, or when he friendzones (sorry her name completely slipped from my mind right now) black girl, or... simply when you can decide whether to fuck Ami or not.

Is he rational when he decides to have sex with more and more girls even though there's the risk of Chika catching him and thus him losing one girl? No, but it makes sense, that's how most people who cheat on their partners operate; what he will and does do is just try and lower the chances of being caught. Same way he wasn't trying to make excuses and was ready to let go of Futaba and Makoto when they bring it up to him at the beach.
He does hold back, but that's because he literally has all the time in the world to slowly chip away at them. He's not in a particular hurry. I would also argue that his current streak of actually caring for the girls is a more recent development and an inconsistent one at that.

He took Miku into her room instead of giving her proper care just because he was paranoid it would land back on him somehow. He mostly brushed off Futaba's worries about people finding out about them. His situation with Chika is complicated especially now that he's starting to have these weird things called "feelings". Now he's trapped in an almost impossible situation but that hasn't stopped him from trying to get his dick wet with everyone else.

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
A reminder that Sensei literally shot down Imani last update.
Sure, but he was also more than willing to have a threesome with her in the one right before that.

Edit: I should also clarify that this is mostly applicable to the main girls, his class, and the ones he ultimately wants to corrupt and take for himself. The Side Girls are a nice bonus but not necessarily his focus.

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
"Willing to have a threesome" - and he actually asked Niki to stop, she just ignored him - is very different from "wants to fuck every girl". For that matter, we can literally avoid having sex with some of the heroines.
"Oh no please, I don't want to have a threesome! That sounds terrible! If anyone agrees to this, the sex stops right now!"

And sorry yeah, I edited a previous comment about it being the main girls. You can skip quite a few of the side girls already.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Anyway, How long did it take you to read the game?

Doing the math, because I haven't finished yet and I don't remember the exact dates either, it took me two months to reach these last events; not reading evey day because stuff, and also at the same time reading other things but mainly this.
At first I thought I was reading it pretty fast but when I realized that I had already been reading this for two whole months (I'm now finalizing chapter 3) it seemed like too long. Lately I haven't had much time to finish the third chapter but I want to do it quickly so I can take some time and re-read it to settle certain things, see differences and at the same time see how long it takes me to read it from beginning to end.

Which leads me to wonder, has anyone here read the game more than once? The game it's pretty extense by now but I usually read/watch things twice at least so I can have a better persepective from things.

Also when I was about start playing this, I was reading in a russian forum a disscusion about Selebus being or not a graphomaniac or something, and at first while reading the first chapter, I must say that I totally agreed with that, there were too many paragraphs that I considered very unnecessary, and the fact that Selebus was always so attentive to how many words he wrote per update and how often I've read this being the longest VN ever and things like that, it kind of emphasized to me more the fact that he is a graphomaniac.
Though to be honest, I don't know if it is because of the habit of reading this, the love I have for the game or because Selebus has been able to improve in his writing, I don't notice that type of things as much anymore, however for a game that has more than two million words, it doesn't seem to me that the game has advanced that much, not only in the main plot, but also in the story of each character, I think the events usually have a lot of text but little progress so yeah, kinda weird

Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
"Oh no please, I don't want to have a threesome! That sounds terrible! If anyone agrees to this, the sex stops right now!"

And sorry yeah, I edited a previous comment about it being the main girls. You can skip quite a few of the side girls already.
You can also avoid Ami and maybe Sana, depending on the role skipping that event will play. At the very least, it's definitely possible to pick an option that avoids Sana for a time being.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Nah, if he really didn't want to indulge in them, he wouldn't indulge in them. The feeling bad part has nothing to do with the desires themselves, it's about how they make him look to others and himself.
This reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite stories:

"Feeling guilt but not acting on it is, by nature, a product of calculation. You were forced to make the decision, but you weren't brave enough to take on the sin. So you stepped back, passing the actual work to someone else and chose the path of a bystander who neither helps nor mediates."

I've always felt like it was the perfect quote for Sensei's character, with the Ayane-Kirin, Yumi-Nodoka and Miku-Io situations being prime examples of that. He tends to feel a lot of guilt but never really does anything about it, it's more of a way for him to feel like he isn't a bad person. He thinks about how he is a bad person as a way to justify his immoral choices and actions, but in reality he breaks down very badly the moment his choices and actions (and in some cases inaction) have real consequences and tries to tell himself that he is actually a good person. He is, as you stated, a massive coward who runs away from responsibility and accountability every chance he gets.

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
I binged it earlier this year and it was around a week and a half. It does have a bit too much text, I was already forgetting about events in the first chapter by the time I got to the end of the update I was on (.28).

Reactions: crustlord12

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
I binged it earlier this year and it was around a week and a half. It does have a bit too much text, I was already forgetting about events in the first chapter by the time I got to the end of the update I was on (.28).
People often get confused thinking quantity equals quality. Sometimes less is more and brevity can be your friend.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Damn, that is really fast lol, you were basically reading like a book per day (and big books)

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Damn, that is really fast lol, you were basically reading like a book per day (and big books)
Oh yeah, I usually read rather fast (1k books in a day or two if I binge) and that was the most I'd read in quite a while. It was also when I had a particularly bad bout of insomnia so it wasn't exactly healthy. I was running on 2 hours of sleep on a good day and staying up 24+ hours. I'm planning to re-read it after during the big hiatus after this update? (or maybe the next one) but I'm pretty sure it'll take me much longer this time.

Reactions: DSasha

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not only we see internal dialogue that contradicts that reasoning, it doesn't even make sense. He'd be at worst exchanging one girl for several others, and that isn't likely. Moreover, it couldn't be a reason for changing the sexual relationships he already in.

Yeah, and that kind of care was so destructive it scarred him for life. Understandably, he feels rather hesitant to try and care for anyone else with education like that.

If he wanted to indulge without feeling bad, he would simply not feel bad. He instead wants to not want to indulge, and feels bad because he can't, one way or another.
I mean, it was more the lack of care that scarred Sensei, and Ami. Pre Sekai's death, Sensei seemed more or less fine. Post her death, he ditched his girlfriend and fucked a kid and after being mind fucked, he's gotten to this point. Ironically, once Sensei restored Sekai, he seemed to start caring more. Definitely a fucked up situation nonetheless.

That's not how feelings work. Hence why people do drugs and drink to distract themselves, instead of just "not feeling bad". I think it's more like Sensei actually just wants to stop feeling bad for indulging, hence the Nodoka stuff:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She doesn't make him feel bad for fucking a teenager, or bringing in other predators like Haruka. She protects him from the bad feelings:
Which is why he hides feelings from everyone else:
But treats her as an outlet for them.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Doing the math, because I haven't finished yet and I don't remember the exact dates either, it took me two months to reach these last events; not reading evey day because stuff, and also at the same time reading other things but mainly this.
At first I thought I was reading it pretty fast but when I realized that I had already been reading this for two whole months (I'm now finalizing chapter 3) it seemed like too long. Lately I haven't had much time to finish the third chapter but I want to do it quickly so I can take some time and re-read it to settle certain things, see differences and at the same time see how long it takes me to read it from beginning to end.

Which leads me to wonder, has anyone here read the game more than once? The game it's pretty extense by now but I usually read/watch things twice at least so I can have a better persepective from things.

Also when I was about start playing this, I was reading in a russian forum a disscusion about Selebus being or not a graphomaniac or something, and at first while reading the first chapter, I must say that I totally agreed with that, there were too many paragraphs that I considered very unnecessary, and the fact that Selebus was always so attentive to how many words he wrote per update and how often I've read this being the longest VN ever and things like that, it kind of emphasized to me more the fact that he is a graphomaniac.
Though to be honest, I don't know if it is because of the habit of reading this, the love I have for the game or because Selebus has been able to improve in his writing, I don't notice that type of things as much anymore, however for a game that has more than two million words, it doesn't seem to me that the game has advanced that much, not only in the main plot, but also in the story of each character, I think the events usually have a lot of text but little progress so yeah, kinda weird
I've read it in around a week, albeit I skipped most of the grind through URM. I've only played through it twice, but I plan on doing so again during the hiatus.

Reactions: DSasha
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes