DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not gonna dispute Sensei being incredibly selfish, but Ami also wasn't putting his welfare before her own. She wanted to be the only person Sensei could depend on for selfish reasons, to the point that she got mad when he got better and wanted to reach out to other people. The fact that she's actually good at being a caretaker and Sensei isn't doesn't really change that.
Ami not wanting to, yet still letting Ayane come over, and still letting Sensei do whatever he wanted, even if it ended up breaking her, is the opposite of Selfishness.

Frankly, Ami is broken because she's always put Sensei first.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
He would do that... how? He doesn't know the first thing about good parenting or asking for help. He didn't even try to make Ami dependent on him in the first place, not consciously. And sure, Akira's deficiencies don't excuse his behaviour, but they do explain it - it's not selfish to try and do your best for someone else the way you are, because we can't just be someone else. There wasn't really a way for him to change without someone else coming in and convincing him to, because he just isn't internally equipped to realize he is doing things wrong on his own.
Sensei literally told everyone to stay out of it so that only he could deal with Ami. He knows some actual mothers, and he obviously can ask for help. He just wasn't actually trying to be a good parent. He wasn't actually trying his best.

Him being selfish and childish, doesn't excuse his selfishness and childishness.

Edit: We also literally had Niki offering to come help Ami, but he told her no. Ami had to call Niki, so that she didn't have to rely on Sensei.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Nice update here, did not expect the ending of naked Tsuneyo. Which when you think about it, speaking those murderous lines is kinda scarier than it should be, funny wielding. And alas...as usual I am left yearning for more. One thing I will say though is, I do wish Akira was slightly more competent at taking care of Ami or anyone else. It's part of his character I know, but damn make some attempts brotha.

I also never thought Otoha would start growing on me, nor for seeing Karin so scared and mad at Akira to hurt more than it did. Guess we won't see them on good terms for a while, and I bet kirin would be upset too (Unless she finds out, and just gets turned on by it, but surely not...right. surely..)

Was there actually a deleted scene of Miku and Makoto? Is that in the LiL care packages or something? Now im curious. Though honestly I've always wanted to see the care packages just never had the balls or smarts to do it

Anyway my monthly dose LiL makes me want more again. Just learning of this out of touch game, maybe I should play it
The Deleted Scene is more about Miku and Futaba, and it's called 'David & Goliath'. It's normally accessible through the computer on the weekends:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't access it currently though, I think.

Edit:

Last edited:
Reactions: Duskreyn

o7Meh

Sep 17, 2023
Last time i played lil was .35. Do i need to download the VN completely again or can i use just the .38 patch to update?

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Just downloaded 0.38 and my game seems to be borked. If I try to Ignore, it starts the game over.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'Event'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpymc", line 28, in script
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.38.0
Sun Mar 03 11:36:51 2024
If I try to rollback I get another error and then a second attempt to rollback crashes the game. Here's the output of the first rollback attempt:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpyc", line 273, in script
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\game.py", line 332, in call_in_new_context
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
  File "C:\Users\Selebus\Documents\RenPy\renpy-7.3.2-sdk\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.38.0
Sun Mar 03 11:40:03 2024
Any help available on this? This is a full download into a new folder and no mods, so there shouldn't be any file version issues.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Last time i played lil was .35. Do i need to download the VN completely again or can i use just the .38 patch to update?
New install, of course. You'll miss stuff like in-game images otherwise. Also, see what I said down below.
Just downloaded 0.38 and my game seems to be borked. If I try to Ignore, it starts the game over.
Any help available on this? This is a full download into a new folder and no mods, so there shouldn't be any file version issues.
If you used guide mod before, then your saves will work only with guide mod installed. This is a rather common issue here. Even outdated version should still work.

Last edited:

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Yes, you need a new download, the patch will only work if you have a directly previous version, or you install 0.36 then 0.37 and then 0.38 in order, which I doubt are at hand.

Most likely your problem is due to the fact that your saves are linked to the cckerberos guide mod, install it even if it is an older version and that's it, it should be solved, https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-progress-and-guide-mod-v0-37-0-cckerberos.106973/
By the way, this should be in the op, that is very frequent or indicated on the mod guide page. :HideThePain:

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Sensei literally told everyone to stay out of it so that only he could deal with Ami. He knows some actual mothers, and he obviously can ask for help. He just wasn't actually trying to be a good parent. He wasn't actually trying his best.

Him being selfish and childish, doesn't excuse his selfishness and childishness.

Edit: We also literally had Niki offering to come help Ami, but he told her no. Ami had to call Niki, so that she didn't have to rely on Sensei.
Sure, he physically could ask for help - and he also physically could just take care of Ami without messing it up, and also do a billion other things better. That doesn't mean it was actually something he could have done, because asking for help is not something Akira does due to his exciting upbringing. It just doesn't come up as a valid solution, not because he selfishly wants to take care of Ami by himself, but because just trying to tough it out on his own is the only way he knows how to live in general and also how to take care of someone.

There are a lot of ways and reasons to mess things up, and "selfishness" just doesn't fit this particular situation.

Pavon

Sep 19, 2018
Anyone got a save file with tsukasa chosen? I kinda fucked up and can't fix it with save editor because there is no tsukasachosen variable in my save file for some reason

• Angry
Reactions: Wardtnaci

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Anyone got a save file with tsukasa chosen? I kinda fucked up and can't fix it with save editor because there is no tsukasachosen variable in my save file for some reason
Save editor, you talking about the Renpy save editor or the saveeditonline one? Neither can generate an unset variable, but the URM can, link in my signature.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
At this rate in a short time, I don't know which unpaid Ad is better, Bingoogus with Urm or Raid Shadow Legends. It will be a legendary battle:p
I will shill this fucking mod as much as i fucking have to, until everyone has it in every Renpy game folder they have or download, cause if everyone did, the amount of 'please help me, i dun geddit' posts would be cut by half and that's what i want, what i actually want, less requests for help, cause they annoy the fuck out of me. :ROFLMAO:

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
New install, of course. You'll miss stuff like in-game images otherwise. Also, see what I said down below.

If you used guide mod before, than your saves will work only with guide mod installed. This is a rather common issue here. Even outdated version should still work.
Thanks that did the trick!

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Yes, you need a new download, the patch will only work if you have a directly previous version, or you install 0.36 then 0.37 and then 0.38 in order, which I doubt are at hand.

Most likely your problem is due to the fact that your saves are linked to the cckerberos guide mod, install it even if it is an older version and that's it, it should be solved, https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-progress-and-guide-mod-v0-37-0-cckerberos.106973/
By the way, this should be in the op, that is very frequent or indicated on the mod guide page. :HideThePain:
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Duskreyn

r_naxo0

Aug 21, 2023
I am done with this update, I can't believe what i just watched, they traumatized KARIN, the most wholesome girl on the entire game, worst thing about it is that you realize that although sensei is attracted to minors, he is not really a predator, he is a good person and genuinely feel bad about everything, man this update is so fucked up and it only made the game more interesting about who the hell is tsuneyo and kaori, in the other hand, maya scene almost made my cry and i like the new relationship between akira and otoha, one of the best updates.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes