jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
There is a variable r4key, I think it's the reset keys, you can search it in URM and see which one you're missing.
Looks like it was actually called escapepiece. Once I Found the one that was false, it provided the option. still not sure what I missed, though!

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
The way things are going in Akira's mind I wonder if there will come a time when he will tell everyone to fuck off and start acting more like a whole person.
until now akira has always been very apathetic towards everyone (apart from sad and depressive emotions) and has gotten angry a few times, but I wonder when all his bottled up emotions will explode into pure anger, if all goes well he will start to rebel against everyone.

Rincon

Jul 29, 2023
The way things are going in Akira's mind I wonder if there will come a time when he will tell everyone to fuck off and start acting more like a whole person.
until now akira has always been very apathetic towards everyone (apart from sad and depressive emotions) and has gotten angry a few times, but I wonder when all his bottled up emotions will explode into pure anger, if all goes well he will start to rebel against everyone.
As much as I'd love to see this, and think that it would be great, that's not how he works, he's said it himself a few times, he just bottles up his feelings, he doesn't let them show.

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
Why now?
There has been statutory rape all through the story, why draw the line between 14 years and 5000, what do you think fundamentally changes between the two that makes this not okay this time around?
Is it the fact they are prepubescent?
Is it the age of consent?
What suddenly changes and makes it worse attacking these fictional characters?
PS: I kinda feel like my language is somewhat aggressive, so I'll say now, not trying to attack you just curious on the sudden change of heart.
The very short answer is "Gotta draw a line somewhere". Up until now, it's been a case of "boiling the frog" where it was getting increasingly uncomfortable with each update since being pushed off of Patreon, but not enough to drop the game. I was never "okay" with the subject matter before, but I could excuse it as part of an otherwise worthwhile existential horror experience. We've found the line where I am no longer okay with it even within that context, and yeah, guess it turns out that prepubescent characters are that line.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
The very short answer is "Gotta draw a line somewhere". Up until now, it's been a case of "boiling the frog" where it was getting increasingly uncomfortable with each update since being pushed off of Patreon, but not enough to drop the game. I was never "okay" with the subject matter before, but I could excuse it as part of an otherwise worthwhile existential horror experience. We've found the line where I am no longer okay with it even within that context, and yeah, guess it turns out that prepubescent characters are that line.
So why did you stick around after the Chinami bath scene or when we received a pic of wizard Uta? It's not like this is the first time wizard stuff was in the game and it's not even the worst example of it. Where exactly is this line you have supposedly drawn?

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
So why did you stick around after the Chinami bath scene or when we received a pic of wizard Uta? It's not like this is the first time wizard stuff was in the game and it's not even the worst example of it. Where exactly is this line you have supposedly drawn?
I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to invalidate what amounts to a matter of personal belief, but again, those were incremental pushes that in isolation didn't seem worth dropping the game over. "Boiling the frog", as I put it before. However, this update suddenly made it clear that there will be sexual contact with those same characters going forward, and that's different.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to invalidate what amounts to a matter of personal belief, but again, those were incremental pushes that in isolation didn't seem worth dropping the game over. "Boiling the frog", as I put it before. However, this update suddenly made it clear that there will be sexual contact with those same characters going forward, and that's different.
I mean... Sel did say that every single character will be involved in sexual activity. No exceptions. And he said it like in 2021, AFAIK. It's 2024 now, so... You stuck around for a long time. Not jumping on whatever train this is, just kinda pointing a small flaw in your logic.

My small opinion: Wizard content is just as I hoped it would be - creepy and uncomfortable as fuck for us and for Akira. If it would be any other direction I would be honestly disappointed in Sel as a writer. And I can kinda understand Akira from a psychological standpoint - it's extremely hard to control your urges being a predator. That's why a lot of RL predators choose voluntary chemical castration - they don't want to hurt anyone. And for a guy who showed literally zero restraint towards obtaining what he wants (unless it's actual physical violence and rape, but still) - he's been doing pretty well. First that Chinami bath thing, which should be okay not normal or good, just neutral - she's a kid for a mentally healthy grown-up, but is a HUGE trigger for him - he did nothing. Then Uta picture, which was coupled with her willingness - he actually toned down his advances towards her after that.

I mean, he's not a good guy, but he's trying. And the fact that he ran from Tsukasa as soon as he regained his senses shows that he's still trying.

Also - Tsubasa is pure fucking evil. It's like giving a shot of fucking heroine to a relapsing addict who's desperately struggling to stay clean. Kurwa Peklo.

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
I mean... Sel did say that every single character will be involved in sexual activity. No exceptions. And he said it like in 2021, AFAIK. It's 2024 now, so... You stuck around for a long time. Not jumping on whatever train this is, just kinda pointing a small flaw in your logic.

My small opinion: Wizard content is just as I hoped it would be - creepy and uncomfortable as fuck for us and for Akira. If it would be any other direction I would be honestly disappointed in Sel as a writer. And I can kinda understand Akira from a psychological standpoint - it's extremely hard to control your urges being a predator. That's why a lot of RL predators choose voluntary chemical castration - they don't want to hurt anyone. And for a guy who showed literally zero restraint towards obtaining what he wants (unless it's actual physical violence and rape, but still) - he's been doing pretty well. First that Chinami bath thing, which should be okay not normal or good, just neutral - she's a kid for a mentally healthy grown-up, but is a HUGE trigger for him - he did nothing. Then Uta picture, which was coupled with her willingness - he actually toned down his advances towards her after that.

I mean, he's not a good guy, but he's trying. And the fact that he ran from Tsukasa as soon as he regained his senses shows that he's still trying.

Also - Tsubasa is pure fucking evil. It's like giving a shot of fucking heroine to a relapsing addict who's desperately struggling to stay clean. Kurwa Peklo.
Bro, it was still on Patreon at that point. He definitely didn't say that there.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Bro, it was still on Patreon at that point. He definitely didn't say that there.
I don't mean to be rude, but No Shit, Sherlock! Of course he didn't say something on Patreon that would directly violate TOS! Someone can look up a screenshot from Discord, he said it there. Back in the Patreon days he said that it would be an optional patch, but since he got booted - he went back on the whole "patch" thing and it will just be in the main game. That's it.

Reactions: LuisD and Wardtnaci

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
I don't mean to be rude, but No Shit, Sherlock! Of course he didn't say something on Patreon that would directly violate TOS! Someone can look up a screenshot from Discord, he said it there. Back in the Patreon days he said that it would be an optional patch, but since he got booted - he went back on the whole "patch" thing and it will just be in the main game. That's it.
My point is that he didn't say that anywhere that I would've read it. In other words, it wasn't a flaw in my logic, it was information that I didn't have any reason to have.

Do you join the discord of every game you play? Should that be mandatory? I mean, this is a pretty extreme edge case where the natural assumption that a game wouldn't put content in that would violate the TOS of the major platform it was monetized on was only contradicted in the game's optional social hub.

Reactions: crustlord12

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
My point is that he didn't say that anywhere that I would've read it. In other words, it wasn't a flaw in my logic, it was information that I didn't have any reason to have.
Alright, fair enough, I suppose. If I don't see it then it doesn't exist.

Again, no judgement, you just didn't see the warning from Sel.

But I mean, come on! How did you not see that shit coming?! Wizard Maya flashbacks, Chinami stuff, Uta picture, his own fucking past of sexual abuse as a child (which is like textbook definition of a future predator/pedophile/maniac) - none of those things didn't raise any flags?

Or did you think that "Oh, okay, so we know one of the girls used to do CP, main character used to be in a relationship with a Wizard and he was molested since infancy until like early twenties - SURELY, that's where it's gonna stop, right? There is absolutely no way that one of the key traumas of this game which is sexual abuse of underaged girls and boys, in case you missed it will continue to be explored and brought to light. Nope."

I didn't know that there would be Wizard content back in 2021. Or back in 2020 when I found this game. Or in Summer 2023 when I finally read it till the current content. But the fucking flashback of Maya told me everything I needed to know.

Reactions: Maldonny and LuisD

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
Alright, fair enough, I suppose. If I don't see it then it doesn't exist.

Again, no judgement, you just didn't see the warning from Sel.

But I mean, come on! How did you not see that shit coming?! Wizard Maya flashbacks, Chinami stuff, Uta picture, his own fucking past of sexual abuse as a child (which is like textbook definition of a future predator/pedophile/maniac) - none of those things didn't raise any flags?

Or did you think that "Oh, okay, so we know one of the girls used to do CP, main character used to be in a relationship with a Wizard and he was molested since infancy until like early twenties - SURELY, that's where it's gonna stop, right? There is absolutely no way that one of the key traumas of this game which is sexual abuse of underaged girls and boys, in case you missed it will continue to be explored and brought to light. Nope."

I didn't know that there would be Wizard content back in 2021. Or back in 2020 when I found this game. Or in Summer 2023 when I finally read it till the current content. But the fucking flashback of Maya told me everything I needed to know.
As a participatory act? Yeah, I still thought that the line would be drawn short of that. It was this update that made it clear to me that I was wrong. If I missed or misunderstood signs earlier due to naive optimism, it doesn't really change anything besides the timing and Sel getting another $50 out of me that would've gone to a different game instead. (If you're curious, I moved my sub money over to Disassociation). Not the end of the world.

Reactions: crustlord12

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022

I mean I don't really get why we're trying to pretend he's actually doing anything really meaningful. Ok, he ran away because he has some semblance of common human decency, but why did he call Tsukasa in the first place? Why does he keep willingly hanging out with underage girls despite knowing what type of person he is? The decision really isn't hard - either he commits to not harming anyone, or he risks scarring a child for life. And the fact that MANY times in the series he is fully willing to put a child in harms way to satisfy himself is quite frankly abhorrent.

I mean, we'll see where it goes. But there's many directions as I mentioned earlier that can make the story seem like a complete joke. And one of those is downplaying the agency of the literal "wizard" rapist (which also happens to be a fantasy for predators!).

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
I mean I don't really get why we're trying to pretend he's actually doing anything really meaningful. Ok, he ran away because he has some semblance of common human decency, but why did he call Tsukasa in the first place? Why does he keep willingly hanging out with underage girls despite knowing what type of person he is? The decision really isn't hard - either he commits to not harming anyone, or he risks scarring a child for life. And the fact that MANY times in the series he is fully willing to put a child in harms way to satisfy himself is quite frankly abhorrent.

I mean, we'll see where it goes. But there's many directions as I mentioned earlier that can make the story seem like a complete joke. And one of those is downplaying the agency of the literal "wizard" rapist (which also happens to be a fantasy for predators!).
As I see it and as Sel's way of thinking seems to me, I would say that it is not Akira who chose to call tsukasa, but it is us who guide Akira through our curiosity and desire to make events happen. Honestly, it seems to me that many times Akira is nothing more than a puppet in our hands, and Sel's characters are above us like gods.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I'm waiting to see if Sel actually follows through on the hints that wizard Maya seduced Akira.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes