Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
People who went through the fight involving Selly, how did you deal with it? Honestly, I barely read these messages and I already found this discussion quite boring, mainly because it has already been said several times and with each update it ends up coming back.

Reactions: rianzz

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
People who went through the fight involving Selly, how did you deal with it? Honestly, I barely read these messages and I already found this discussion quite boring, mainly because it has already been said several times and with each update it ends up coming back.
Just ignore it or make fun of it. Not much else you can do. You can feel how the flow of the convos here will go, so once you see the first in the series so it should be easy to skip or skim through most of the boring shit.

Once that "Why doesn't my save work" or "why don't I see this in the lastest updates page" comes up you pretty much know what's going to happen for the next 10 or so posts.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Maybe I am in the minority here but I feel that if the dev is already giving us a version for free the least we can do is respect his wishes and not pirate the stuff he uses as incentive for people to give him the money he needs to continue this project. At least not until it's actually done. If not for honor among thieves than at least out of simple self interest. After all, we want him to actually get this done.
Don't get me wrong. Like, I've been pirating games since back when that meant taking polaroids of the paper manual to get the secret answers to the in game DRM question. So I've no problem with piracy in general and no love for DRM.

I just think that overall it's a reasonable thing to not undercut the guys primary means of profit at least until he has finished the product. If nothing else, the guy has to have some incentive to make people actually give him money instead of just playing for free. If he does not than he might just not get enough money for this whole thing to be worth his while and decide that he can spend his skills on making something else that does. And than we're out of a fun product. Of course, once the game is done all bets are off. But that goes without saying. And he'll have made enough money by than that it's fair.

Plus frankly the dev here isn't some faceless corporation like EA that can use some putting down. And as a community we can and should give support to developers by, at the very least, not completely screwing them over before they've had a chance to at least see a reasonable amount of profit or else they'll just dry up and leave us without games to steal.

I think overall the best analogy here is that we should be like parasites and not viruses. We should leach off the host for nutrients but not outright kill it. Because if the host dies we go unfed. And that's just not fun.
gbf.jpg

Turbografx.snes

Dec 2, 2023
question on the care packages. how come whenever I go to look at them in game it says "nothing is here" or it doesn't play or show anything at all

Marie IV

Sep 9, 2023
Plus frankly the dev here isn't some faceless corporation like EA that can use some putting down. And as a community we can and should give support to developers by, at the very least, not completely screwing them over before they've had a chance to at least see a reasonable amount of profit [...]
:sleep::sleep:

I think overall the best analogy here is that we should be like parasites and not viruses. We should leach off the host for nutrients but not outright kill it. Because if the host dies we go unfed. And that's just not fun.
Considering the "host" is making a profit revenue of US$10k per month (barglenarglezous p#13203254), I don't think we will be going hungry anytime soon.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Considering the "host" is making a profit of US$10k per month (barglenarglezous, p#13203254), I don't think we will be going hungry anytime soon.
Revenue, not profit (Revenue = cash coming in, profit = what's left after expenses). Since Subscribestar gets a cut, he's not making the full $10k each month, but I stand by the "he's in the top %15 of US earners" bit.

Reactions: Marie IV
Aug 20, 2021
I think this was asked not long ago, but we should be due for a reset fairly soon, aren’t we? Maybe after the Dorm Wars in the 0.40 update? 0.41?

Assuming something crazy doesn’t happen in the upcoming update that changes things (since Maya and Noriko both have events), I wonder how Akira will deal with this being technically the first reset without Maya Prime.

She’s always been their guide and the one with experience, and now they won’t have that. This extends to Ayane and now even Makoto.

It will be interesting to see what happens. We’re just a little over a week away until we get some more insight hopefully.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I think this was asked not long ago, but we should be due for a reset fairly soon, aren’t we? Maybe after the Dorm Wars in the 0.40 update? 0.41?
0.40 would not have any main events so it would likely be in 0.41 or 0.42. No specific info AFAIK, but it was 4 to 6 updates between chapter start and reset.

On the other hand, we can have reset in 0.39 because of serious timeskip during 0.36

spartannnnnnn

Sep 17, 2023
I've just ended beach vacation event and I'm quite confused with the relationship between Maya and Sensei. In the scene where Sensei was in that weird tree introspection and eventually saw Maya praying to the sky, Maya then showed a sense of care towards Sensei but suddenly changed the tone. Was this a excuse to disguise the true feeling for Sensei that she cares about protagonist all the time or did she really thought the original Sensei was back ? The second time Maya was praying to the sky, she expressed a wish to be with someone to witness the end of the world. That 'someone' was Sensei, right? I can't think of anyone else. Will these questions be answered later of the game? And the picture where Futaba threw up to the toilet. That was weird too. Sorry for the dumb question.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I've just ended beach vacation event and I'm quite confused with the relationship between Maya and Sensei. In the scene where Sensei was in that weird tree introspection and eventually saw Maya praying to the sky, Maya then showed a sense of care towards Sensei but suddenly changed the tone. Was this a excuse to disguise the true feeling for Sensei that she cares about protagonist all the time or did she really thought the original Sensei was back ? The second time Maya was praying to the sky, she expressed a wish to be with someone to witness the end of the world. That 'someone' was Sensei, right? I can't think of anyone else. Will these questions be answered later of the game? And the picture where Futaba threw up to the toilet. That was weird too. Sorry for the dumb question.
Yes

Hfjahxhcjr

Mar 29, 2023
If Maya is reset to the point before she experienced the time loops, wouldn't that make it likely that she is going to reach the rooftop again, for the same reason (whatever it is) that she reached it initially?

Of course, it does depend on the specific reason why she (and other people) reach the rooftop in the first place, but it does not seem that unlikely, right?

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
If Maya is reset to the point before she experienced the time loops, wouldn't that make it likely that she is going to reach the rooftop again, for the same reason (whatever it is) that she reached it initially?

Of course, it does depend on the specific reason why she (and other people) reach the rooftop in the first place, but it does not seem that unlikely, right?
Really really too soon to tell, it seems like a natural way for her arc to continue but it's just as likely Selly will go in a completely unexpected direction.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023

It's unlikely, isn't it, it would even be funny for the reaction of this new Maya arriving at the end of the world and seeing that Ayane and Makoto were telling her the truth about the end of the world and about her and Akira being in a "Relationship", and that It would be very interesting because it seems like she didn't believe them and didn't believe that she and Akira were "Dating" so it would be very interesting for her to see that both things are true.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Maya events would be in about a week, it's easier to wait.

I think we have enough facts to assume that key to rooftop is someway related to pregnancy, so Maya's chances are significantly low at this point

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I think we have enough facts to assume that key to rooftop is someway related to pregnancy, so Maya's chances are significantly low at this point
But in theory what disappeared were just her memories, as if she could not remember what happened, it is not because someone does not remember something that means that something never existed, if pregnancy is really one of the conditions to reach the roof and Maya was pregnant with Akira in the past she would “theoretically” still have this condition concluded, because as I said, what disappeared were the memories and not the events.

Last edited:

Thanman83

Dec 8, 2020
Second saturday already but eggside octopus wont start. All character scenes are done except for Ami whose last event will be in the next reset. Is my playthrough fucked?

*Edit* one earlier happy scene was missing and that was the problem

Last edited:

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
It's unlikely, isn't it, it would even be funny for the reaction of this new Maya arriving at the end of the world and seeing that Ayane and Makoto were telling her the truth about the end of the world and about her and Akira being in a "Relationship", and that It would be very interesting because it seems like she didn't believe them and didn't believe that she and Akira were "Dating" so it would be very interesting for her to see that both things are true.
I think she put together Makoto and Ayane's story about timeloops and the erased version of herself and Sensei's two-month absence with a depressing speech in front of the class about losing something very important to him. Right now it's probably confusing to her that the man she loves is so depressed about losing her other version of herself, but I feel like she's already accepted the story as true

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes