Aug 20, 2021
Can you elaborate? Like there are alternative paths in the game? Because a few years back when the game was fairly new I tried being the best person I could be in the game and... sensei doesnt have many options to be a good person. So this time around I just said fuck it and let the winds blow me where they may. This playthrough I just did whatever got me every scene from being skipped which I would have assumed was the creators intent for the canon of the story as you really cant go off script much. Which was good for the most part as it kept me from being a bad hommie to Rin which I failed the first time around.
It’s less there are alternative paths, and more… specific choices that can make or break a 100% run. I believe it was Bingoogus that called it the ‘Green Path’ awhile back. Always stick to the Green Path. And by that, I mean always make sure every event is completed, highlighted in green, and has a checkmark next to it. If it’s red and is crossed out, you made a wrong choice somewhere.

Where the URM is useful, is that even if you made a bad choice earlier on in your playthrough, you can manipulate any variable you want, and can alter your mistakes as if they never happened at all. Then you can just rewatch any missed events in the replays.

It’s very useful for skipping the annoying grind for affection points too. Just type in what character you want, set the number of affection or lust points, then boom. You’re good to go.

I’ll recommend URM to anyone who plays Lessons in Love for how seamless it makes the experience. That and the Guide Mod are must haves imo.

Also a big recommend from me for Eternum if you haven't dipped into that yet. Quite awesome and probably my #1 fave still.

Ripples is also good though not quite as well crafted but still cool.
I haven’t checked out Eternum yet, but it is on my list. Looks quite interesting, actually. Will have to give it a go.

I’m kidding about Euphoria by the way, guys. Don’t download it unless you want to be traumatized. Unless you’re freaky as hell and have a strong willpower, then hey. More power to ya.

As for real recommendations, I quite enjoy Acting Lessons and Being A DIK. Dr Pink Cake sure knows how to tell an engaging story just like Selebus, but they’re very distinct flavors from each other. I also like Four Elements Trainer (just look at my username), Corrupted Kingdoms, Harem Hotel and Peasant’s Quest.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
It’s less there are alternative paths, and more… specific choices that can make or break a 100% run. I believe it was Bingoogus that called it the ‘Green Path’ awhile back. Always stick to the Green Path. And by that, I mean always make sure every event is completed, highlighted in green, and has a checkmark next to it. If it’s red and is crossed out, you made a wrong choice somewhere.

Where the URM is useful, is that even if you made a bad choice earlier on in your playthrough, you can manipulate any variable you want, and can alter your mistakes as if they never happened at all. Then you can just rewatch any missed events in the replays.

It’s very useful for skipping the annoying grind for affection points too. Just type in what character you want, set the number of affection or lust points, then boom. You’re good to go.

I’ll recommend URM to anyone who plays Lessons in Love for how seamless it makes the experience. That and the Guide Mod are must haves imo.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. If I have unlocked every scene currently available by following the walkthrough mod can I assume I am on the "green path"?

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
I’m kidding about Euphoria by the way, guys. Don’t download it unless you want to be traumatized. Unless you’re freaky as hell and have a strong willpower, then hey. More power to ya.
I laughed when you referenced it because I have seen the hentai and nope nope NOPED out by the time the poop nonsense showed up lmao.

But yeah, Eternum is kick ass - Selebus is kind of in his own arena in terms of the sheer complexity and insane writing branches but Caribdis just hits the solid beats of drama, intrigue and oooo me likey while leaving a lot of guesses to make.

Aug 20, 2021
Interesting. Thanks for the info. If I have unlocked every scene currently available by following the walkthrough mod can I assume I am on the "green path"?
If you’re caught up on the current content, have followed the Guide Mod to the letter and have no crossed out Missed Events in any of your character profiles, then yeah. You should be on the Green Path or a 100% path. Just be sure that every character event is green and has a checkmark next to it. Rin, Yumi, Futaba, Ami, Ayane and Tsukasa are common culprits for missed events, so I would double check them especially.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
If you’re caught up on the current content, have followed the Guide Mod to the letter and have no crossed out Missed Events in any of your character profiles, then yeah. You should be on the Green Path or a 100% path. Just be sure that every character event is green and has a checkmark next to it. Rin, Yumi, Futaba, Ayane and Tsukasa are common culprits for missed events, so I would double check them especially.
... It's a pity we can't skip some redundant characters like Futaba...

..You could remove her and game wouldn't change much ...

Oct 1, 2023
... It's a pity we can't skip some redundant characters like Futaba...

..You could remove her and game wouldn't change much ...
Unfortunately I have to agree, Futaba is kind of an irrelevant to the story character like Uta. I do wish she gets a weight loss arc because while she is kind of cute I still don't like her body. She is reaaally cute otherwise.

BUT MY COCK PREFFERS A SLIM TIGHT BODY

Aug 20, 2021
Imma have to disagree with y’all. I like Futaba’s thicc body, and sure, while she hasn’t been the most compelling, we still haven’t seen how she’s acted in Chapter 4 yet towards Akira after all the Nodoka falling out. I say let’s wait to reserve judgment until after seeing her events in the next build first.

Also, Uta irrelevant? She’s essentially the leader of the second floor (See the Dorm Wars). How is that irrelevant? Also-also: we have a very intriguing plotline with Uta going on right now regarding her Wizard pictures being discovered in Akira’s phone. She now knows he’s seen them and now will have to confront those issues, again, in the next build.

I feel like a lot of these concerns will be addressed once the next update drops to be honest. Or at least I would sure hope so, considering it would be the perfect time to do so.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Imma have to disagree with y’all. I like Futaba’s thicc body, and sure, while she hasn’t been the most compelling, we still haven’t seen how she’s acted in Chapter 4 yet towards Akira after all the Nodoka falling out. I say let’s wait to reserve judgment until after seeing her events in the next build first.

Also, Uta irrelevant? She’s essentially the leader of the second floor (See the Dorm Wars). How is that irrelevant? Also-also: we have a very intriguing plotline with Uta going on right now regarding her Wizard pictures being discovered in Akira’s phone. She now knows he’s seen them and now will have to confront those issues, again, in the next build.

I feel like a lot of these concerns will be addressed once the next update drops to be honest. Or at least I would sure hope so, considering it would be the perfect time to do so.
I'd say the most irrelevant characters {currently} are: Futaba, Karin, Io (But we still love Io, because she is... well... Io)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, let's talk a bit about Nao-chan's arrival.

Kaori most likely has Sekai parts, and the foreshadowing about something awakening is related to her. So I'm just gonna skip that part of the event. This is gonna be mostly about Nao-chan. That being said, I'd like to point out what the narrator says before they start the treasure hunt:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then we skip to when she appears:

Then, given that Nao was sent by a group of beings, that think Akira needs help in preventing the amount of damage he's taking, we could say this sounds a lot like Himawari. But I doubt she'd even have the power to do something like this. Another question is, was Nao sent to Kaori to protect Sekai, or to prevent Sekai from fully taking over Kaori?

Regarding the accident, I'm a little confused still. Who was in the car with Sekai, who was in the other car, where was Akira in all of this? (because Niki takes him to a place where he jumped - jumped how? I was confused about this even thinking she could be talking about his suicide attempt, but it seemed to be about the car accident, and if so, how was it that he jumped?)
And at last, just who the hell is "him" from "why did it have to be him"?
Ami watched her parents die:
So, it seems like Ami, Nozomu, Sekai, and Sensei were all in that wreck around 8 years ago.

Ami seemingly watched her parents get torn to shreds (possibly burn alive in Nozomu's case hence the ball of light stuff), and Sensei seemed to pull whatever was left of Sekai out of the wreckage:

Niki simply meant that Sensei was startled.

The "Him" part seems to just be Nozomu. They may have been arguing that night or something. Unless he was in the other car.

Last edited:

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
I do feel like out of all the characters, Futaba is the least interesting of them all. I have never been excited for Futaba events, probably ever since chapter 1. She is boring in both her backstory and in-game story, like the most interesting thing about Futaba I can think of was that she is friends with Nodoka

I thought that after Nodoka violated her privacy and trust, she would take a more antagonistic and active stance against Nodoka. Like it would be, I don't know, more interesting if Futaba started questioning everything she knows about Nodoka, and ends up uncovering the truth/reason why Yumi beat her up.

But instead Futaba is simply there...just silently seething at Nodoka and being more passive aggressive and/or sarcastic with everyone

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
I'm with Fire Lord Zuko - I like Futaba but she's suffering the Chika syndrome in a sense. She like some of the OG girls were super front loaded in the earlier chapters and they feel like they're just kind of scenery atm while the newer girls/drama winds its way through.

She's showing a lot more spine and I love how she's NOT backing down on Nodoka - but she does feel a bit background atm and I do hope that changes. She's a sweet girl + the sickness for a thiccness target and I'm down with that.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Random, but it's going to be interesting if Yumi is revealed to have a crush on Futaba.

She seems to be staring at her or showing up near her at every chance she has:

As for the Futaba conversation, frankly, without Futaba, Yumi doesn't matter much. No bullying Futaba = No Yumi story, and the domino falls from there. No Nodoka, Otoha, Rin may have just killed herself over the years without her "sister", etc.

Futaba may not be the most interesting individual, but she's definitely important to the overall story, and she affects quite a few characters.

She also seems related to the Upside Down House stuff, with one of her early Events in Chapter 1 'Upside Down' more or less establishing it. Then there's how Futaba volunteers at the library, and The Wishing Well (which may be the center of everything) is referred to as "the library":
With Yasu recently implying this Wishing Well has nearly dried up and everyone's doomed:
The fact that she and Futaba both have Events next update could be related.

We'll have to wait and see how Futaba's 2 Events play out next update, though.

Oct 1, 2023
Okay, yeah, I'm following this-

OOOHkay...
You could use her for anything you'd want and nobody would care

she's just a failsafe, remember? disposable

you could even lock her in a cage for months and her family wouldn't even know

you've been so nice to her lately that she wouldn't mind doing something for you as long as it was in her power to do so

even if it's something irrational

even if it's something
evil

even if it's something the world would scorn you for

No one cares about her

YOU CAN LOCK HER IN A CAGE

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
If you’re caught up on the current content, have followed the Guide Mod to the letter and have no crossed out Missed Events in any of your character profiles, then yeah. You should be on the Green Path or a 100% path. Just be sure that every character event is green and has a checkmark next to it. Rin, Yumi, Futaba, Ami, Ayane and Tsukasa are common culprits for missed events, so I would double check them especially.
As I have been replaying the game, I'd like to point out that you have to choose either marry or sex with Kirin when Noriko asks, and have Miku win the costume contest when she's a gyaru. Also choose Ayane as a threesome option. Other than that is NOT watching schadenfreude from Chika before Rin confesses, and watching Abyss from Yumi before taking Chika to the hotsprings. Those are not obvious, nor they are perfectly pointed out (or some of them at all) in the guide mod.

The rest of the stuff is pretty obvious, just always choose to have more content (ie have sex with someone or not? choose sex!).

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Uta correctly diagnoses Maya's love for Akira before anyone else. Then she enables Ami to work with her (which is the first big step for Ami), then the DormWars is created because of her, Io's story doesn't really exist without her either, and Akira's wizard obsession comes back because of her too (before that he feels uneasy with Chinami or even doesn't feel anything at all). She's the one with Io (out of everyone else) that actually attempts a rescue and breaks in into Akira's house. And although not there yet, they're also the ones that can connect to Akira in terms of abuse as children.

It's not like Uta is as important as other characters for the overall story, but I find her arc interesting to say the least.

Aug 20, 2021
As I was playing the Happy Event "Good Boy", I noticed something that may provide a little more credence to the 'Maya prays to the Wire God' theory.

By 'computer', could Long Maya be alluding to USER2 and his terminal? And if Long Maya and Maya Prime are in any way connected, then maybe this holds some weight after all. Likeeee, 'connected' in the sense that Amy is an Ami from one of the past reset loops/timelines. Maybe that's what Long Maya, Moyo and all those fucked up Mayas are? I dunno. Just spitballing here.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
The thing about Futaba and why Sel seems to be neglecting her storywise, could be from the fact that Nodoka was initially not meant to be. Like the whole 2nd floor, because those girls were a stretch goal on patreon back then.

As i see it Nodoka is a Futaba Tier 2. Which is because of the reading stuff.
And if Nodoka is a self insert, i think Futaba would be a less obvious self insert.

Notepad++ is what I actually use to dive into the files. The findstr command is to know which file to open.
For example, you can see all the instances of the consequences of being a good/bad uncle by searching for the text "amifingered == True" and "amifingered == False", and it will spit out every file with that exact text.
Also, if you find with URM that a particular branch uses a specific flag, let's say the flag "hiddenmollyflagwhatdoesitmean" (actual flag in the code), you can search for the text "hiddenmollyflagwhatdoesitmean = True" (only one = sign) to see at which point in the game (i.e. in which specific file) that flag is set to True.
And you can do that with NP++ too.
There is a "search string in files" option.
Don't know if multiple folders work but one could just use the game folder itself.
You can specify multiple file extensions, so NP++ doesn't try reading exe's and so on.
(In this case .rpy is sufficient ofc.)

You can go pretty wild with it even.
Want to have everything a certain character ever said you can use search parameters.
I think "\bM \b" should return everything Maya ever said and then of course search that result again for things.
(Though, was already hard to find the \b stuff, couldn't find a good documentation on Notepad++)

Oh and this isn't just for you. Thought maybe some other people here might want to give it a try.
Not trying to belittle you or something.

/E

Social media and memes.

I know what Euphoria, Metamorphosis and Boku no Pico are without ever seeing them.
You see the memes and how a lot of people react and you just get it. While, Wiki helps here of course :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: CheleDeCedul
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes