TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
I second the guide mod - w/o it I was floundering and getting burnt out cause I was just cycling through the days w/o any idea of how to trigger events, etc. Guide mod really smoothes out the whole experience. That and the URM so you can get around the super annoying gated characters for affection >_<

Aug 20, 2021
I think it's unlikely because Yasu says that his old tutoring place is now a storefront in the old district, and Tojo ramen has been there for more than 3 years surely. Also, his childhood house would be just next to Niki and Noriko's place. It is weird that Niki hasn't pointed his house in the tour though.
I was just about to say the same thing. Also, in “Green Onions and Contraceptives”, Noriko goes to Tojo Ramen with Akira and Tsuneyo. Surely Noriko would have made mention of it?

It’s cool to think about if it were true, but ah well.

Reactions: Moonflare

CheleDeCedul

Jan 3, 2024
I second the guide mod - w/o it I was floundering and getting burnt out cause I was just cycling through the days w/o any idea of how to trigger events, etc. Guide mod really smoothes out the whole experience. That and the URM so you can get around the super annoying gated characters for affection >_<
If you want to dive into the code of the game, you can combine the names of variables or labels from URM with the windows command "findstr". Open a command prompt to the game folder (where all the .rpy files are), and use the command
Code:
findstr yourtexthere *.rpy
for individual words

Code:
findstr /c:"your text with spaces and shit" *.rpy
for phrases, for example to look where a given hexadecimal code bullshit is so you can copy paste it to an online translator.

You can also look in a specific file, like you want to see every instance of the word "bird" in maya events, you can use
Code:
findstr bird MayaEvents.rpy

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The old district gives me weird vibes, maybe it's the influence of the wired god. We never knew why Maya said she can't go there.
It is implied that she made a promise with Noriko. But the way she talks about it, I'd agree that maybe there's something more there. We've recently talked about how it is also possible that Maya did something to Akira on the streets of the Old District when Noriko ran into them (a year after he ghosted her for the second time).

If we were to go through a supernatural angle, we don't know who Maya's god is. IF, and that's a big if for me (given that Wires has been nothing but a bro to Akira), it was truly Wires that messed with her during Scary Room - then maybe that would be an explanation as to why she avoids the Old District.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Regarding the accident, I'm a little confused still. Who was in the car with Sekai, who was in the other car, where was Akira in all of this? (because Niki takes him to a place where he jumped - jumped how? I was confused about this even thinking she could be talking about his suicide attempt, but it seemed to be about the car accident, and if so, how was it that he jumped?)
I was confused about the "jumped" part some time back too.
Back then people told me that it was a description about Akira in that moment, like "you winced".
Seeing the pictures again though, i think im missing an exclamation mark at the end of her statemend. Something that would tell apart an observation of the moment and a remark about something Niki schould not know.
But that might be intentional.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
I am low IQ and a bit confused at the Tsukasa event "Failsafe" In the event you have the choice to pull the plug which gives you +1 or "Take it" for +5 with the lass. Is the implications of "Take it" is Akria is choosing a path to nonce land like he went down before? Because he says he's doing it for himself making it sound like he's being up and up? And it's odd to get a +5 for doing what most would consider a bad thing, but then again the +- system is sort of put in place by bad... gods? IDK. I am confused.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I am low IQ and a bit confused at the Tsukasa event "Failsafe" In the event you have the choice to pull the plug which gives you +1 or "Take it" for +5 with the lass. Is the implications of "Take it" is Akria is choosing a path to nonce land like he went down before? Because he says he's doing it for himself making it sound like he's being up and up? And it's odd to get a +5 for doing what most would consider a bad thing, but then again the +- system is sort of put in place by bad... gods? IDK. I am confused.
Ye... you get that event only if you saw Chinami naked... when you peeked into the Bathroom with naked Chinami... take what you will from that...

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The higher affection gain comes from Akira saying exactly what Tsukasa wants to her aka grooming her. No gods there, it's just her reacting to this male authority figure giving her exactly what she has always wanted.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Ye... you get that event only if you saw Chinami naked... when you peeked into the Bathroom with naked Chinami... take what you will from that...
Gotcha. I was playing catch up so I just picked whichever path the mod said "You will lose a scene if you dont pick this" Which is also why I picked Ayane for the threesome instead of Yumi which I would have prefered.

The higher affection gain comes from Akira saying exactly what Tsukasa wants to her aka grooming her. No gods there, it's just her reacting to this male authority figure giving her exactly what she has always wanted.
Also gotcha. Makes sense. I wonder how many ramifications I have incurred due to these two decisions... I really REALLY dont want to replay the game that far back to fix the Chinami path. All I want for protag is to live happily ever after with Maya. I could probably just fuck around with the files though.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Gotcha. I was playing catch up so I just picked whichever path the mod said "You will lose a scene if you dont pick this" Which is also why I picked Ayane for the threesome instead of Yumi which I would have prefered.
Only Ayane got actual scene, others just have awkward talk...

Also gotcha. Makes sense. I wonder how many ramifications I have incurred due to these two decisions... I really REALLY dont want to replay the game that far back to fix the Chinami path. All I want for protag is to live happily ever after with Maya. I could probably just fuck around with the files though.
Install URM, it tells you when there is a hidden path you can take or hidden choices...
1716594821916.png
1716594839787.png

OK I just saw a couple of screenshots and HELL NO
Weakling...

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Install URM, it tells you when there is a hidden path you can take or hidden choices...
Can you elaborate? Like there are alternative paths in the game? Because a few years back when the game was fairly new I tried being the best person I could be in the game and... sensei doesnt have many options to be a good person. So this time around I just said fuck it and let the winds blow me where they may. This playthrough I just did whatever got me every scene from being skipped which I would have assumed was the creators intent for the canon of the story as you really cant go off script much. Which was good for the most part as it kept me from being a bad hommie to Rin which I failed the first time around.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
If you want to dive into the code of the game, you can combine the names of variables or labels from URM with the windows command "findstr". Open a command prompt to the game folder (where all the .rpy files are), and use the command
Code:
findstr yourtexthere *.rpy
for individual words

Code:
findstr /c:"your text with spaces and shit" *.rpy
for phrases, for example to look where a given hexadecimal code bullshit is so you can copy paste it to an online translator.

You can also look in a specific file, like you want to see every instance of the word "bird" in maya events, you can use
Code:
findstr bird MayaEvents.rpy
Or you use something like notepad++ for that.

Reactions: Apollo259

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Euphoria by Clock Up

A wholesome, romantic and sexy tale that will have your boner throbbing. You won’t regret it.
Also a big recommend from me for Eternum if you haven't dipped into that yet. Quite awesome and probably my #1 fave still.

Ripples is also good though not quite as well crafted but still cool.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

CheleDeCedul

Jan 3, 2024
Or you use something like notepad++ for that.
Notepad++ is what I actually use to dive into the files. The findstr command is to know which file to open.
For example, you can see all the instances of the consequences of being a good/bad uncle by searching for the text "amifingered == True" and "amifingered == False", and it will spit out every file with that exact text.
Also, if you find with URM that a particular branch uses a specific flag, let's say the flag "hiddenmollyflagwhatdoesitmean" (actual flag in the code), you can search for the text "hiddenmollyflagwhatdoesitmean = True" (only one = sign) to see at which point in the game (i.e. in which specific file) that flag is set to True.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes