DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
While I agree, I think that if that's all then it's weak storytelling. She doesn't need blackmail, because she could have him arrested on the grounds that she is a witness to him having sex with minors. Her money and connections would bridge any gap in regards of proof. If she needs a blackmail that doesn't put him in jail, she could simply say she'll get him fired and without money (in her view) he can't provide for Ami.

It doesn't really fit that she would have Akira have sex with Touka/Tsukasa/Yasu for blackmail, or even amusement for that matter (because she overall seemed to want to manipulate things to a "better" outcome, like she's a matriarch fixing people's lives without them knowing). Her rationale of "let's have Touka have her heart broken in a 'safe' manner, by falling in love with someone I can control and therefore won't be harmful to the family", while bizarre, follows logic.

Her putting Tsukasa in danger on a whim does not. I think that's where most people started scratching their heads. You can argue that Touka has enough maturity to choose for herself to pursue a sexual relationship (while still a crime), but Tsukasa absolutely does not. So what is this about? Is she trying to "help" Akira by putting him into a situation that he fears, and then proving he's able to control himself? Why would she care though, and why risk her daughter in doing so? Tsukasa may be "disposable", but even then it doesn't fit that Tsubasa wouldn't care about having one of her daughters sexually assaulted while being a kid (if anything for her family reputation of having to deal with a broken person). Also, I don't really buy into Tsukasa's view of her mother not caring about her - cause if she didn't, she wouldn't put up with Tsukasa as much as she does.

In fact, about Tsukasa specifically, I'm not saying her problems aren't real, they certainly are. But you can view it from the other side: Touka has to deal with all the pressure of being the heir (and being a woman when they wanted a man). Tsukasa has been freed from that. What she views as neglect is also a privilege. It's both things, and that's why it makes it even harder for Tsubasa to deal with it, since the one that has all the responsability thrust upon her (Touka) behaves as a sane person, while the one that doesn't have responsabilities behaves as a brat. You can see the gap between how the two of them view the same situation when Tsubasa has Akira in her office and Tsukasa yells at her. She calls off the meeting and seems honestly hurt by the situation, following it by going after her supposed "spare".

Tangent aside, I hope Tsubasa is being influenced by the tree or has another angle, because her actions since the Tsukasa thing stopped making sense for me, and for a lot of people I'd wager.
It's not about needing blackmail. It's about having the power to make it.

Tsukasa is definitely just a spare, though. She's valuable in that she's the only spare, but a spare nevertheless.

There's a reason AUTO-PILOT noted that Tsubasa has corrupting sludge in her veins, and Tsukasa is disposable:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tsukasa is, of course, far more valuable than any Non-Tsukioka (besides maybe the more interesting ones like Sensei), but she's still just a failsafe. Tsubasa only seems to truly care about the "greater good":
Presumably her and Touka, in particular.

Sensei probably just entertains Tsubasa like Yasu or Tsuneyo entertains him. Or like Tsubasa put it:
He's interesting. Tsukasa is presumably being used as a way to make him more so.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Here are my mildly interesting observations (and a few jokes) from the second half of Chapter 1.
There were a couple of things that I intended to include in this post but forgot about, so I'll add them on here.

Oct 1, 2023
Some people might disagree with me, but if Tsubasa is doing all of this, literally just for "shits and giggles" I think that would be good writing. Not every character needs to have a complex backstory or reason to do bad stuff, just like freeza in dragonball for example.
Maybe she literally is just a bored and sexually frustrated woman and she gets the kicks tortuing mentally an attractive man she wants to fuck.

That being said, I do believe she has important ulterior motives, the Tsukioka tree almost confirms that Tsubasa must know at least a tiny bit about what their world really is.

There was a point in the story were Tsubasa reconsidered for a brief moment "giving" Tsukasa instead of Touka to Akira, because she thought that maybe he wasn't interested in a "teen", she thought that maybe he wanted someone even younger.
If you really push it, you could think that she knows Akira can have magical children and wants her daughters to make an offspring with him no matter which one of them.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Tsukasa is, of course, far more valuable than any Non-Tsukioka (besides maybe the more interesting ones like Sensei), but she's still just a failsafe. Tsubasa only seems to truly care about the "greater good":
Presumably her and Touka, in particular.
What I think of whenever I see that line:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I haven’t completed it yet, but so far I’m very appreciative for the devs effort into writing and storytelling. Story is subjective, some will say it’s bad some will say it’s good, but it’s great it’s there and not just a game put out for fapping
That has to be the most annoying signature i've seen yet, and there are numerous contenders... it's just way too fast, distracting without giving you a chance to examine the contents... straight to the filtered elements list on my ad blocker.

UrbanFiction

Urban
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
That has to be the most annoying signature i've seen yet, and there are numerous contenders... it's just way too fast, distracting without giving you a chance to examine the contents... straight to the filtered elements list on my ad blocker.
Your profile picture is very fitting lol I’d dare not turn devs thread into a conversation about my signature sir

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
On the topic of rape does, Tsubasa want Sensei to rape her/Niki her(reffering to Otoha cuck scene)? She keeps meddling in Sensei's affairs and when he tells her to stop she asks if there are any consequences. Could this be her pushing Sensei to the point where he gets fed up to the point where he has her way with her?
I don't think so, and there are two parts about this.

First is that, Tsubasa should be someone that needs to or tries to constantly think several steps ahead to bring any potential benefit to the people she cares, and Sensei is likely not one of them. A series of button pushing is an effort to understand where Sensei and her daughters currently are in her imaginative roadmap, what direction they might move on from there, whether she agrees with the benefits that direction could bring to her daughters or not, and whether a nudge on her end is necessary to accelerate or course-correct.

I think there is always some amount of honest excitement when dealing with Sensei due to perhaps knowing what he does with Chika, and perhaps due to natural attraction to a hot dude. But this is far from being the determining factor to her actions in the face of her duty as the puppeteer. Any attempt in explaining this otherwise as a kink or a villainous hobby is currently too weak. Even if Tsubasa herself claims to have askew moral code, I choose to believe that it's the mean to an end that is askew and not the end. Essentially, wanting to see something spicy or wanting some of that dick herself shouldn't be your first guess.

Second is that, according to her life trajectory and realistically speaking, Tsubasa will not receive consequence and she herself should be the believer of that. It requires balls bigger than Selly's ego to forgo everything and pork the most influential woman in the city even at a fit of rage. It doesn't mean she has plot armor; it just means that she thinks she does, and thus there is a high chance that what ends up happening might not be exactly what she hoped for or what she seemed to be going for. And this I think is an ongoing theme that revolves around Tsubasa whenever Sensei is involved: she is not just playing with fire against her best judgement or thinking she always gets the upper hand; she is playing with fire without knowing that's a fire.

This feeling is especially strong when it comes to her plans with Tsukasa. I generally think Tsubasa may or may not fully believe Sensei's wariness about being around wizards, and is still trying her best to move Tsukasa's case forward in a good direction, but this time it's exceptionally difficult to make the right choice even for her. You might say "just find another tutor that's not a proven pedophile" and you'd be absolutely right. However, from Tsubasa's perspective, she needs someone with experience, enough intelligence, a spine that can withstand Tsukasa's BS, amongst other things that relate more to mentally growing her girls up and less to do with just education. She might believe that she can still nudge Sensei and Tsukasa into the right direction against all odds, but backfiring is very imminent and almost unavoidable only from a god's perspective.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I haven’t completed it yet, but so far I’m very appreciative for the devs effort into writing and storytelling. Story is subjective, some will say it’s bad some will say it’s good, but it’s great it’s there and not just a game put out for fapping
Someone liking a story is totally subjective, yes, but discussing if the story makes sense not so much. The way our discussions tend to go in saying something is bad or not is if it makes sense with what has been presented so far or not (aka narrative cohesion).

A big topic of discussion has been something that happened on update 0.39, regarding many characters seemingly ignoring one character's actions when it would make more sense for them to be more bothered about it. In the same token, one of the big topics of discussion for the next update is what a certain character may react as, and in how many ways it would make sense for her to react. None of these are based in how we'd like things to go (although obviously that's a part of it), but more what would make sense to happen.

That said, I agree with you that even the fact we can have these discussions is so far removed from what one would expect from an adult game that it remains as a testament to Selebus' ability as a storyteller. On that specific front, I have great praise for him.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
First is that, Tsubasa should be someone that needs to or tries to constantly think several steps ahead to bring any potential benefit to the people she cares, and Sensei is likely not one of them.

Any attempt in explaining this otherwise as a kink or a villainous hobby is currently too weak. Even if Tsubasa herself claims to have askew moral code, I choose to believe that it's the mean to an end that is askew and not the end. Essentially, wanting to see something spicy or wanting some of that dick herself shouldn't be your first guess.

And this I think is an ongoing theme that revolves around Tsubasa whenever Sensei is involved: she is not just playing with fire against her best judgement or thinking she always gets the upper hand; she is playing with fire without knowing that's a fire.
These sum up a lot of my thoughts on the matter. Akira is not one of the people she's trying to save (can you imagine Tsubasa trying to manipulate Pareidolia and Sekai? lol), he's totally a means to an end, but especially I think she's not as smart as she thinks she is - and unless she herself is working for the world itself, she'll eventually be setting fire to her own house.

If these supernatural elements really exist then she's so far beyond her ken in trying to manipulate Akira, she has no idea the mess she's dealing with. I agree that she thinks she's beyond reproach and is somewhat safe, and it could be interesting to see the moment she realises she'll get much more than what she bargained for. I mean, she knows she can't mess with the Yakuza, and what even is the Yakuza compared to the freelancers, users and NAO? (The freelancers have even already appeared for Tsukasa on the tv...) Imagine Tsubasa's face finding a crucified Touka during a reset. It would be something else to see her confidence and poise completely shattering in a single moment.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Noriko and Sensei probably did, long ago:
I'm not sure what's going on with this show, but it's likely not good...
It's hard to blame Yumi for her reaction, when she looked to the tv and saw another version of herself, with her exact same clothes as now, admitting to masturbating to Akira.
Take a deep breath, Yumi. We all know we'll be able to take you to see the Okinawa turtles one day. Your happy ending is coming.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024
It's hard to blame Yumi for her reaction, when she looked to the tv and saw another version of herself, with her exact same clothes as now, admitting to masturbating to Akira.
Take a deep breath, Yumi. We all know we'll be able to take you to see the Okinawa turtles one day. Your happy ending is coming.
Was it really this that she saw? I thought she was watching the same episode instead of the new one (new one being the reset one)

Oct 1, 2023
These sum up a lot of my thoughts on the matter. Akira is not one of the people she's trying to save (can you imagine Tsubasa trying to manipulate Pareidolia and Sekai? lol), he's totally a means to an end, but especially I think she's not as smart as she thinks she is - and unless she herself is working for the world itself, she'll eventually be setting fire to her own house.

If these supernatural elements really exist then she's so far beyond her ken in trying to manipulate Akira, she has no idea the mess she's dealing with. I agree that she thinks she's beyond reproach and is somewhat safe, and it could be interesting to see the moment she realises she'll get much more than what she bargained for. I mean, she knows she can't mess with the Yakuza, and what even is the Yakuza compared to the freelancers, users and NAO? (The freelancers have even already appeared for Tsukasa on the tv...) Imagine Tsubasa's face finding a crucified Touka during a reset. It would be something else to see her confidence and poise completely shattering in a single moment.
I completely agree with all of this, Tsubasa doesn't know what she's doing.

She thinks she has leverage on Akira, but how many deities are interested in him to actually let her cause harm?
The truth is that there is no leverage, nobody can do anything to him, someone or something will happen that will make everything go away.
He should've been fired ages ago but somehow didn't, he has so many witnesses about him sleeping with his students and still nothing came out of it...
He somehow survived a "car crash" that took out the world itself, but not him?

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes