Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Ok then so let us begin with something simple,that at the same time is by far the most important thing in understanding both amis and senseis characters.Sekai.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Yes, Sekai, as far as we know, is the one who completely screwed Akira's mind. Akira already had a problem with his head because of his father, his mother already didn't like him, then Sekai came and completely destroyed the rest of his mind with the abuse and making him create a slight jealousy/hate for his brother .

I genuinely find it very difficult to place Maya as a naive young woman because there are several signs that prove this in addition to her existence and childhood being something that I suspect is not normal.

The scarf the second time it appeared was in Akira's flashback, the one who gave the scarves to Akira the first time we see these scarves was himawari/shapeshifter.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Yes, Sekai, as far as we know, is the one who completely screwed Akira's mind. Akira already had a problem with his head because of his father, his mother already didn't like him, then Sekai came and completely destroyed the rest of his mind with the abuse and making him create a slight jealousy/hate for his brother .

I genuinely find it very difficult to place Maya as a naive young woman because there are several signs that prove this in addition to her existence and childhood being something that I suspect is not normal.

The scarf the second time it appeared was in Akira's flashback, the one who gave the scarves to Akira the first time we see these scarves was himawari/shapeshifter.
I see.Hows was the conclusion that his parents never cared for him drawn?As far as i remember he doesnt rember them at all so did it come from a happy event or something like that?

Also about Akiras brother.I do wonder why did sekai not like him.Why was Ami so hesitant to speak of him when she was always happy to talk about how great her mother was?Things to think about i suppose.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I see.Hows was the conclusion that his parents never cared for him drawn?As far as i remember he doesnt rember them at all so did it come from a happy event or something like that?

Also about Akiras brother.I do wonder why did sekai not like him.Why was Ami so hesitant to speak of him when she was always happy to talk about how great her mother was?Things to think about i suppose.
At the same event that Yasu reveals Akira's mother's name, she also says that Akira's mother didn't like him.

(this is mostly speculation as this comes from another Selly game where we see Akira's Mother) Akira's Father had a disease which from what I remember was schizophrenia which made Akira also have it at birth which It would make Akira's life more difficult and then his mother didn't like him and to screw him up even more Sekai came to completely screw his mind.

also by some monologues talking about the past, there are several indications that Akira's brother, Nozomu was the favorite son.

Sekai probably only used Nozomu to be able to get closer to Akira and be able to abuse her without arousing suspicion, as well as taking the opportunity to screw Akira's mind with disgusting phrases about what Nozomu did to her at night in her room.

According to Ami's description, Nozomu was "Normal" and just her saying that about him makes me raise a lot of doubts because this world has nothing normal and when they say that that person is normal I immediately suspect (Like Maya and Nao ).

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Omfg! I just had the craziest revelation just now! Remember that post that confirmed Tsubasa was more important than we give her credit for? Well I'm pretty sure she's literally the narrator at the end of the first Beach Vacation. Just look:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if every character in the game has been a narrator at one time or another.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
At the same event that Yasu reveals Akira's mother's name, she also says that Akira's mother didn't like him.

(this is mostly speculation as this comes from another Selly game where we see Akira's Mother) Akira's Father had a disease which from what I remember was schizophrenia which made Akira also have it at birth which It would make Akira's life more difficult and then his mother didn't like him and to screw him up even more Sekai came to completely screw his mind.

also by some monologues talking about the past, there are several indications that Akira's brother, Nozomu was the favorite son.

Sekai probably only used Nozomu to be able to get closer to Akira and be able to abuse her without arousing suspicion, as well as taking the opportunity to screw Akira's mind with disgusting phrases about what Nozomu did to her at night in her room.

According to Ami's description, Nozomu was "Normal" and just her saying that about him makes me raise a lot of doubts because this world has nothing normal and when they say that that person is normal I immediately suspect (Like Maya and Nao ).
Huh.Well ill be damned.My off hand comment about Akiras Schizophrenia being in-line with Yasus was correct(in a way),hilerious.Also i thought Nozumo was one of the 3 gods.Where do we learn that it was actually Akiras brother?That game you mentioned or just a theory?

Reactions: Pedro4545454
Aug 20, 2021
Huh.Well ill be damned.My off hand comment about Akiras Schizophrenia being in-line with Yasus was correct(in a way),hilerious.Also i thought Nozumo was one of the 3 gods.Where do we learn that it was actually Akiras brother?That game you mentioned or just a theory?
Nozomu's name is on the gravestone with Sekai, so that's how we know he's Akira's brother:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Akira's brother's name is also the same name as one of the gods so I suspect he is not normal as Ami says, mainly because Sekai also has this thing about her name being one of the gods since Sekai is the World.

Involving this other game you have to talk to DeSkel and Moonflare because from what I remember they have the most information about it, but here is an image about the game and a summary of what I know

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Nozomu's name is on the gravestone with Sekai, so that's how we know he's Akira's brother:

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.I was thinking about that mb.Well back on topic.

Akira having schizophrenia would explain a LOT.His childhood trauma created by his parents misstreatment of him and the whole of Sekais relationship with him is enough to understand why he is the way he is.If we follow that train of thought though there is something i dont really understand.How is Yasus and Akiras schizophrenia showing the same things?(Well not completely the same things but you know what i mean.)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Akira's brother's name is also the same name as one of the gods so I suspect he is not normal as Ami says, mainly because Sekai also has this thing about her name being one of the gods since Sekai is the World.

Involving this other game has to do with DeSkel and Moonflare because from what I remember they have more information about it, but here is an image about the game
How interesting.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.I was thinking about that mb.Well back on topic.

Akira having schizophrenia would explain a LOT.His childhood trauma created by his parents misstreatment of him and the whole of Sekais relationship with him is enough to understand why he is the way he is.If we follow that train of thought though there is something i dont really understand.How is Yasus and Akiras schizophrenia showing the same things?(Well not completely the same things but you know what i mean.)
This is where my theory comes in: these things they are seeing are not due to their schizophrenia, but because they tell someone about it, they end up being treated like sick people because it is not normal for someone to talk about the end of the world and notice things that other people don't see.

My theory makes more sense when you remember that what Yasu said actually happened in the world, she made people see things and even managed to talk to dead people.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
This is where my theory comes in: these things they are seeing are not due to their schizophrenia, but because they tell someone about it, they end up being treated like sick people because it is not normal for someone to talk about the end of the world and notice things that other people don't see.

My theory makes more sense when you remember that what Yasu said actually happened in the world, she made people see things and even managed to talk to dead people.
Well yea i agree.Schizophrenia isnt a superpower.It also would not explan why every time someone talks about the end of the world the person they talk to just repeats the same words again and again like they are an NPC.So to borrow your words.

I still believe in my "This is just a word made by some god/s for X reason" theory(WIP).For whatever reason Yasu and Akira are able to hear and see the """truth""" of the world and the only way for that to be explained from everyone elses perspective is through schizopherina.So in short.Do they have schizophrenia?Yes absolutely.Is schizophrenia the sole reason for their visions/hallucinations/delusions etc? Yes and no.Yes scizophrenia plays a part in some of the more minor ones(for example weve seen both Akira and Yasu "lose time") but not the fact that they can see these visions and talk with literal gods.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Comiies, DeSkel thrives in setting timelines for the sort of stuff you're discussing, and he actually played Nothing is Beautiful (I just read about it). I'll contribute what I can before he arrives though:

There's a lot more to be said, but this is a good start. Regarding Maya and Noriko, Akira first met Maya while wandering around and bought her coffee. That was the day she ran away from her home after being sexually abused. This probably happened after Sekai's death. At the very least it was close to it because, in the earliest memory we see of them in the tutoring place, he hasn't met Niki for months. Meaning he stopped seeing her but it wasn't years yet.

Noriko was the one that got jealous, but she dealt with it much better than Maya. Noriko saw Akira about two times a week, but Maya started living with him. She had nothing else, she abandoned her own life and entrusted it to a stranger. We do know that she was the one that confessed to him and he did not accept her at first.

The scarf stuff was about the night he finally accepted her and they became a thing. When Himawari sells the scarf to Akira, it's the exact scarf (through supernatural means) which makes Maya break down because she has had to supress her feelings for so long. That makes her start to accept that this Akira is the actual Akira. There are theories as to why Himawari (and whoever she was working for at the time) had to have Maya accept that this Akira is the Akira. And the scarf was definitely a big step in that direction.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Comiies, DeSkel thrives in setting timelines for the sort of stuff you're discussing, and he actually played Nothing is Beautiful (I just read about it). I'll contribute what I can before he arrives though:

There's a lot more to be said, but this is a good start. Regarding Maya and Noriko, Akira first met Maya while wandering around and bought her coffee. That was the day she ran away from her home after being sexually abused. This probably happened after Sekai's death. At the very least it was close to it because, in the earliest memory we see of them in the tutoring place, he hasn't met Niki for months. Meaning he stopped seeing her but it wasn't years yet.

Noriko was the one that got jealous, but she dealt with it much better than Maya. Noriko saw Akira about two times a week, but Maya started living with him. She had nothing else, she abandoned her own life and entrusted it to a stranger. We do know that she was the one that confessed to him and he did not accept her at first.

The scarf stuff was about the night he finally accepted her and they became a thing. When Himawari sells the scarf to Akira, it's the exact scarf (through supernatural means) which makes Maya break down because she has had to supress her feelings for so long. That makes her start to accept that this Akira is the actual Akira. There are theories as to why Himawari (and whoever she was working for at the time) had to have Maya accept that this Akira is the Akira. And the scarf was definitely a big step in that direction.

• Thinking Face

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
[edited for ease of answering]
1. Akira falls from a window
Huh i thought it was as suicide attempt.Least thats what the prologue made it seem like.

2. Akira first met Maya while wandering around and bought her coffee. That was the day she ran away from her home after being sexually abused
This is whats confusing to me.Where are we basing this of?

3.The scarf stuff was about the night he finally accepted her and they became a thing
Figures
I can't check/recall the actual names for the events right now, but this should help anyone that can.

1. Akira falls from a window at school, when he was a kid. He has to stay in bed for some time and Sekai offers to take care of him. This comes from the happy event where he meets teenager Sara and from the memories NAO shows him. The prologue is about another moment in his life (he's already an adult).

2. The information about Maya's first meeting comes from the "Pet the cat" scene, her taking him multiple times to the place where they met (it's the vending machine she takes him to after carrying boxes - that's her trying to make him remember), and a random monologue about a girl going to a net cafe and not having money for a vending machine (that's Maya).

3. The scarf stuff is also a written image (and a voiced insertion) if I recall correctly.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes