blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
seems like the game has lots of written content but it's not immediate, as in repetitive scenes to raise affaction. also maybe it's just me but some sexual scenes aren't really animited well? as in the characters are suppose to be moving but that animation is missing so they just stay in the same pose without moving like a picture.

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
Normal sex scenes are still images. Animations are unlocked later and replayable in the dorms.
I've noticed a couple of hand jobs for example that are static, despite the main character saying "moving her hand" and then he finishes and it's kinda awkward because she never moved her hand. I did notice that a different hand job scene appeared with one of the characters so there's that (in the dorms)

maybe that's how it suppose to be? either way game is still new and great so far so, will keep waiting.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
maybe that's how it suppose to be? either way game is still new and great so far so, will keep waiting.
Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be. The majority of the sex scenes are just series of pictures and descriptions, kind of like how most Japanese VNs are. Also glad you're liking it so far! Updates will be posted every month

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
This could be an unpopular opinion, but the biggest horror element for me doesn't come from whatever is going on with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To me the biggest horror element is the MC himself and his mentality. The fact that not only has tose thoughts, but that they sometimes slipped in the

is whats actually terrifying. We don't know his background except he jumped off a building and he is a degenerate like the average F95zone user, but between those slips and he possibility that he is more than an "isekai protagonist" he is really scary.

NihlSan

Jun 23, 2019
I need to ask, i've been playing this game recently and i need to know.
Is there any risk of i feel bad at the end? Im a pretty anxious and slightly depressed and emotive guy

*spoiler from history*

I know it sounds cringy, but it is me tho.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Is there any risk of i feel bad at the end?
This game is nowhere near complete and I don't want to spoil any plans I have for it, but I will say that there will be many things designed to make you feel bad.

My favorite way of telling stories has always been contrasting incredibly bright moments with incredibly horrible ones. And even if something does happen to make you feel bad, remember that other things always have a chance to pick you back up.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
SECOND STRETCH GOAL REACHED: Lessons in Love is now over halfway to being my full-time job. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed/supported the game thus far and hope to have your continued support going forward. I promise to make this game as good as I can, and I wouldn't be even half as driven to do so if it weren't for all of your kind words.

CharaStudio-2020-06-17-21-57-33-Render.png

Merlk

Jan 21, 2019
The writing is amazing and so are the characters, one of the few games where the actual humor doesn't make me cringe. I especially adore the creepy aspects of the game that intertwine with then mysterious past of the MC and the world as a whole.

It does seem that the MC must've led a pretty horrible life imo, as that'd perhaps explain his questionable morals and his supposive suicide which i guess we'll find out more about in the coming hidden events?

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
The writing is amazing and so are the characters, one of the few games where the actual humor doesn't make me cringe. I especially adore the creepy aspects of the game that intertwine with then mysterious past of the MC and the world as a whole.

It does seem that the MC must've led a pretty horrible life imo, as that'd perhaps explain his questionable morals and his supposive suicide which i guess we'll find out more about in the coming hidden events?
Who knows.... maybe they will not be hidden events in the future and the stuff gets really dark... DU DU DUUU
Also yep.. the Humor is on point (i need more Space War). Doesnt get lost making constant pop culture references like i have seen in other games... where the characters start talking and throwing movie references at each others for waaaay too long.

Lets hope things remain happy in Kumon-mi

Reactions: DrFree and Lokputy

Ld.Pentaghast

Sep 1, 2017
I will give you props for developing a erotic with a horror story to it, people in this community seem to appreciate it, and I personally appreciate the use of CM3D2 or COM3D2 for the game, and its writting, but man, this is not my cup of tea...

I´m perhaps the biggest pussy when it come to horror stuff, and while the moments with a dark undertone are brief and well spread throughout the game [at least up to the point that I played in the current version], they´ve disturbed me in ways I´ve not exprienced in a while, if ever.

People in this forum really seem to enjoy it. The art is eye catching [given I downloaded the game without reading its description... dumb, I know], the writting is phenomenal, from what I could gather in my brief playtime and comments in this thread, and you as the dev, are interacting with the community.

Someone above said, how easy is to find a game on this website, play it and enjoy it, but forget it as soon as we finish it. For what my opinion is worth, you are developing a game that is unique and that will be remembered by a lot of people, for all the reasons above and more.

While I may not be playing this game anytime soon [at least until I grow a spine], I will keep my eye on it and revisit it sometime in the future. Lessons in Love is a game that will not be leaving my mind so soon.

Good luck on the journey developing this game! Hope you achieve everything you expect from it!

Last edited:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Good luck on the journey developing this game! Hope you achieve everything you expect from it!
Thank you so much for all of that! I'm truly delighted that you'd offer so much insight despite not being fond of horror. All I've ever wanted to do in life is leave an impression on people with my writing, and I'm still coming to terms with how this game is actually achieving that. If your spine is ever regrown, I'd love for you to come back and play some more. There's room for everyone in Kumon-mi!

Again, thank you much for taking the time to play the game. This story is just beginning and I can't be more excited to see how the players receive it going forward.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Thank you so much for all of that! I'm truly delighted that you'd offer so much insight despite not being fond of horror. All I've ever wanted to do in life is leave an impression on people with my writing, and I'm still coming to terms with how this game is actually achieving that.
Horror makes me laugh but im actually truly amazed how you have put this together and the writing is true excellence. Are you sure you dont do this professionally somewhere? If not maybe start looking towards books, todays day and age you dont even need physical copies anymore, just downloads

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Are you sure you dont do this professionally somewhere?
Definitely sure, hahah. But I've been trying to make something that will allow me to do this professionally for a long time now. I've also co-written a few other games under a different name and have another solo-project (Though it's more like a 30 minute demo at the moment) called Nothing is Beautiful. Books would be cool but I honestly just don't have a good time writing them (I think the last book I read was around 9 or 10 years ago).

Either way, I'm glad you're still around and still playing the game! You were one of the first patrons I had and it makes me glad knowing you're still enjoying it.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Really enjoyed my playthrough. Rin is easily my favorite girl of the bunch so her content was some of the best for me.

Quick question though, I seem to be missing the 2nd "Secret" scene (in between the room and swim trip). Any idea how I would trigger to see that scene? Everything else on the Event Tracker is checked off.

krank

Apr 30, 2018
I just have to say that this is a really interesting game. The horror parts are really nicely done. Surreal and dreamy. Good writing overall, very nice art. Believable and varied characters, it's nice with a game where every character isn't a permahorny 34DD stripper.

You manage to create some jarring moments with very little effort here and there, when we see what the MC is thinking about. Like when he contemplates
Several times I've had to go back and re-read the last thing MC was thinking. Like "next-next-ne.... wtf.... BACK...wtf".

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Any idea how I would trigger to see that scene?
I've got a personal policy to not give away the triggers for the secrets, but there are plenty of people that would be happy to help if you ever want to join the Discord. There's a whole channel dedicated to game discussion and stuff like that. Super glad you're enjoying the game so far!

Reactions: DrFree
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes