crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
Just stumble upon this dark happy game in F95.

Just realized I have missed some happy/character events... is there anyway to redeem it or I need to start over?

BTW...

Just a sidetrack question.... Is the MC "coded" to be a typical harem game protagonist? As far as I know, the MC has a sadistic mind but the "God" seems to auto correcting his thought/behavior... Or is it the reverse... MC is indeed a good guy but the "God" is fucking up his mind? Does the newest update stretch some light into the MC's situation?

Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Just a sidetrack question.... Is the MC "coded" to be a typical harem game protagonist? As far as I know, the MC has a sadistic mind but the "God" seems to auto correcting his thought/behavior... Or is it the reverse... MC is indeed a good guy but the "God" is fucking up his mind? Does the newest update stretch some light into the MC's situation?
MC is a nihilist (nothing matters) and a narcissist. He pursues what he wants without regard for how it harms others, and believes that any harm that he actually does will rewrite itself due to the nature of how his world works. Some of the awful things he's done he wasn't fully in control over, but some of the other awful things he's done have been %100 him.

We're still in the stage where updates wind up asking more questions than they answer, and if you go back and read the last 4-5 pages of discussion, you'll see that none of us agree on what's actually happening.

We're still quite early in development, so we're not likely to get concrete answers any time soon, so I'm mostly having fun spitballing ideas and sharing random information that comes to mind as I play/replay the content. Others have much more defined theories that only rarely completely overlap with someone elses.

Have fun riding the speculation train!

moodle

Nov 26, 2016

Just realized I have missed some happy/character events... is there anyway to redeem it or I need to start over?
If an event shows in red with a strikethrough in your event tracker, that means it is permanently missed on your save and you would need a new save to see it.

If you want to figure out why it happened and what you would need to do to get it again, look up the event name on the wiki (the struck-through version works). My guess is that you chose not to finger Ami, which is the decision that causes the most events to be missed (I think it's like two happy events, five Ami events, and one Maya event that you don't see).

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017

BTW...

Well, here's what we know for sure:

Sensei had a brother and sister-in-law (and Ami, who is his niece), Sensei had a relationship with his sister-in-law and at some point there was a horrible car crash that killed his brother and his sis-in-law, this drove Sensei into a spiral of depression alongside Ami and...that's about it.

He dated a girl prior to the incident (Niki) and had some sort of relationship with Maya, aside from that it gets very blurry and strange.

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
What if what is 'buried beneath your feet' turns out to be the missing men from kumon-mi in some kind of mass grave?

That'd be a nice little twist. I haven't seen a single thing to suggest the 'space war' is legit.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
What if what is 'buried beneath your feet' turns out to be the missing men from kumon-mi in some kind of mass grave?

That'd be a nice little twist. I haven't seen a single thing to suggest the 'space war' is legit.
The "space war took away all the men" justification for the scenario signals that this isn't the normal world. THe three theories I've seen on this:
1) This is a simulation, Matrix-style, constructed specifically to restore OG Sensei's personality
2) This is Sensei's personal purgatory, a scenario testing his weakest traits to test him and determine hiis worthiness.
3) This is all happening internallly -- possibly his brain trying to reconstruct itself as he recovers from his injury, and the real Sensei is comatose in a hospital bed.

Currently leaning towards #3 personally.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018

Personal theory: what's underneath our feet is the school basement, specifically the boiler room, where I'd be willing to bet some bad shit went down that kicked off this whole series of events.

Jul 11, 2019

We've already established that it's Maya's "Dere".
Though, in all seriousness, I believe it's one of the gods, or at least something related to them.
We still don't know where that dark classroom, room with clocks, HOPE's weird realm (where we first met the angels and the machine "cucking" 61) are located, and my (unreliable) intuition says those rooms are beneath our feet.
Also Maya keeps bringing boxes to school, so maybe they somehow end up underneath it.
Alternatively, something living is underneath Kumon-mi at it caused the sinkhole back at the start of chapter 2.

At this point we can't really say anything decisive.
Anyway, against the mass grave argument:
I may not be an expert on graveyards, but they are generally located above ground. And the only graves we ever see are Ami's parents.
And wouldn't the moms know about the graves?

• Haha

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Personal theory: what's underneath our feet is the school basement, specifically the boiler room, where I'd be willing to bet some bad shit went down that kicked off this whole series of events.
Optionally:
1635286068884.png

On the surface, this is a girl in mourning stating the blatantly obvious about how burial works.

But Nozomu is also the name of one of the gods. And Sekai translates to "world"

Conveniently, Nozomu is listed under Sekai in the graphic, as well. Nozomu (the god) is buried beneath us.

Would you like to go looking for them?

Reactions: moodle and ansc

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Everyone remembers the obvious in your face stuff, but I was mostly talking about small, easily dismissible things, delivered in as a matter of fact way.
It was actually one of my earliest observations, but I forgot all about it, until, on a whim, I replayed Rin even. The one when she had a test date with Sensei. She jokes about how he's isekai protag died by a truck and asked if there were elves in his world, to that he casually drops that it was a suicide and there were no elfes. I get it, it's all tongue in cheek, a benter, but he does this all the time, there is a lot of small things like those lines plastered throughout the game and I wish I was actually writing them down at a time as I cant recall. Or take the last Rin event. When she expresses her surprise at Sensei's self-control with Chika, he explains that there were once someone he loved more.
Basically, memories are just beneath the surface at all times, but it's dangerous for Sensei to intentionally reach for them. But he can just drop snippets here and there, without putting any though in it, without processing it.
Isekai is kind of a common trope in fiction over there, do I even need to go over how many Isekai anime have been produced lately as opposed to those not considered Isekai, so I could see that as being exactly that, a joke. Remember the setting of the game, Kumon-Mi is fictional, but where Kumon-Mi is supposed to be located is very real. One thing some Isekai veterans might note, as I did then, is that Elves are EXTREMELY common in Isekai genre fiction to the point that they rival the fantasy genre in Elven representation, which might be where Rin got that from.

Just wanted to mention to all patreon supporters, it's almost time for the 2nd part :giggle:
What makes you so sure?
The release schedule is pretty predictable. The next installment comes out 11/1.
Indeed it is...for the patron release at least, and that is assuming Texas doesn't get hit by bad weather again, stupid snow.

BTW...

There is not, you will either have to take the L or start over.

No, he is in no way a typical protagonist of any kind, the best he can be likened to is a villain protagonist. However, because it is a harem game, yes, he is a harem protagonist. As far as I can tell, and this is only a theory so far until more details are revealed, Sensei went through an extremely traumatic experience, tried to kill himself, and then ended up with a split personality that we now know as player Sensei, which is the one doing all the bad stuff when Sensei is involved. From what I can tell, Seensei would normally be the second of the two things you said, more gentle and caring for his students, and we do get this side peeking out on occasion. Remember, just a theory and that is just the short version.

MC is a nihilist (nothing matters) and a narcissist. He pursues what he wants without regard for how it harms others, and believes that any harm that he actually does will rewrite itself due to the nature of how his world works. Some of the awful things he's done he wasn't fully in control over, but some of the other awful things he's done have been %100 him.

We're still in the stage where updates wind up asking more questions than they answer, and if you go back and read the last 4-5 pages of discussion, you'll see that none of us agree on what's actually happening.

We're still quite early in development, so we're not likely to get concrete answers any time soon, so I'm mostly having fun spitballing ideas and sharing random information that comes to mind as I play/replay the content. Others have much more defined theories that only rarely completely overlap with someone elses.

Have fun riding the speculation train!
At least the one we see in game is, we don't know if that's the way he was before.

Well, here's what we know for sure:

Sensei had a brother and sister-in-law (and Ami, who is his niece), Sensei had a relationship with his sister-in-law and at some point there was a horrible car crash that killed his brother and his sis-in-law, this drove Sensei into a spiral of depression alongside Ami and...that's about it.

He dated a girl prior to the incident (Niki) and had some sort of relationship with Maya, aside from that it gets very blurry and strange.
That's what it seems like, and then everything else happens after the attempt at the beginning.

It's a plot device to explain why there are no other men, they're all fighting in the war except a few exceptions.

The "space war took away all the men" justification for the scenario signals that this isn't the normal world. THe three theories I've seen on this:
1) This is a simulation, Matrix-style, constructed specifically to restore OG Sensei's personality
2) This is Sensei's personal purgatory, a scenario testing his weakest traits to test him and determine hiis worthiness.
3) This is all happening internallly -- possibly his brain trying to reconstruct itself as he recovers from his injury, and the real Sensei is comatose in a hospital bed.

Currently leaning towards #3 personally.
Or something more sinister is happening to the other men involving the gods, minus the ones who can't get in the way of player Sensei, of course. I'm watching you, HOPE.

Gimme the android version plz
Use Joiplay on the Windows version.

I don't think it's what kicked everything off, but bad stuff could have happened involving things below our feet. Who knows, maybe it was a gruesome murder spree, maybe it was a fight that got way out of hand and killed someone, we'll find out...whatever it is.

We've already established that it's Maya's "Dere".
Though, in all seriousness, I believe it's one of the gods, or at least something related to them.
We still don't know where that dark classroom, room with clocks, HOPE's weird realm (where we first met the angels and the machine "cucking" 61) are located, and my (unreliable) intuition says those rooms are beneath our feet.
Also Maya keeps bringing boxes to school, so maybe they somehow end up underneath it.
Alternatively, something living is underneath Kumon-mi at it caused the sinkhole back at the start of chapter 2.

At this point we can't really say anything decisive.
Anyway, against the mass grave argument:
I may not be an expert on graveyards, but they are generally located above ground. And the only graves we ever see are Ami's parents.
And wouldn't the moms know about the graves?
But what about the dorm events? She seemed pretty dere there. :WeSmart::LOL: Seriously, though, it may very well be a god, maybe even one we don't know of yet, much worse than the others.

Optionally:
View attachment 1470303

On the surface, this is a girl in mourning stating the blatantly obvious about how burial works.

But Nozomu is also the name of one of the gods. And Sekai translates to "world"

Conveniently, Nozomu is listed under Sekai in the graphic, as well. Nozomu (the god) is buried beneath us.

Would you like to go looking for them?
Ah, good eye. To be honest, that detail was a bit difficult for me to see, so I didn't notice, stupid vision that I remind myself every year to get checked and always forget. It could literally be the god under the world, which can have many different contexts, including literally having a god beneath our feet, in the dirt below us.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ah, good eye. To be honest, that detail was a bit difficult for me to see, so I didn't notice, stupid vision that I remind myself every year to get checked and always forget. It could literally be the god under the world, which can have many different contexts, including literally having a god beneath our feet, in the dirt below us.
I should note that I have crappy old-man eyes, and I only caught it by taking the screen shot, pasting it into Excel, and zooming in.

I'm doing it with a lot of the screens in Happy scenes, as well. That's how I finally noticed that in Room With the Clocks, there's a tiny Sensei being kept in a terrarium.

I'm not quite FNAFing the game, but I'm also not NOT FNAFIng the game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I should note that I have crappy old-man eyes, and I only caught it by taking the screen shot, pasting it into Excel, and zooming in.

I'm doing it with a lot of the screens in Happy scenes, as well. That's how I finally noticed that in Room With the Clocks, there's a tiny Sensei being kept in a terrarium.

I'm not quite FNAFing the game, but I'm also not NOT FNAFIng the game.
I see, well, I may not be able to say the 'old man eyes' part, but yeah, my vision is just plain bad except in total darkness. The black text didn't help me in this case with that background.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Hey i have a question about a girl i haven't seen before:

screenshot0001.png

Who the hell is the girl behind watermelon Maya? (I'm not talking about the teacher mind you)

There seems to be 2 bodies attached to one another? Wtf is going on there?

Edit: The happy scene seems to hint at Sekai being the one who initiated a relationship with Sensei, and Sensei maybe is a closeted gay(?)

Dunno what that is about.

And this is somewhat unrelated but i keep insisting on it: The fact that you can't name Sensei is important, it'll most certainly be a plot point in the future.

Last edited:

Dicleon

Dec 14, 2019
I don't know how far i am yet, but damn, it's very good, the "confusing" event are a little bit too flashy though? And i mean getting someone flailing about on the ground flashy, still good though just huh dangerous.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hey i have a question about a girl i haven't seen before:

View attachment 1470390

Who the hell is the girl behind watermelon Maya? (I'm not talking about the teacher mind you)

There seems to be 2 bodies attached to one another? Wtf is going on there?

Edit: The happy scene seems to hint at Sekai being the one who initiated a relationship with Sensei, and Sensei maybe is a closeted gay(?)

Dunno what that is about.

And this is somewhat unrelated but i keep insisting on it: The fact that you can't name Sensei is important, it'll most certainly be a plot point in the future.
My first thought was Ami and Noriko sitting back to back, since Noriko is visible in the scene, but not in this image. But then I zoomed in.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes