moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Is there a walkthrough here at the new update? cause I kept missing ayane quest. dont know what to do.
Open the event tracker, look at what the next Ayane event is, go to the wiki, and type that event's name in. The sidebar will tell you the requirements for that event.

• Love
Reactions: Miraiii

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
As far as I've seen he hasn't done that again there after. He's been a scumbag plenty of times though, but not like that at the very least.
There's a scene with Miku that's arguably worse.
And that scene is never stated to be under an outside influence, so as far as we know, he is fully in control and is just taking his scumbag level to new heights.

I think that is precisely the problem many people have issue with. It's not that Sensei's a scumbag doing shady stuff, it's that he and every other character verbally recognize and acknowledge it and this apparently makes some people uncomfortable. For me it's better this way, as I find it refreshing, but to each its own.
Also, games that cater to that kind of thing are usually honest about it in the description page, where here you get blindsided by it, and also are not given a choice to do it or not. This creates a loss of player agency that can be unsettling.
I think it boils down to an expectation that the game won't acknowledge what is being done as bad because it is a game, so for a game to fully recognize a bad thing for what it is in real life, bad, is not expected. The unexpected can make people uncomfortable, especially when the unexpected thing in question is seen as bad in the real world. For me, though, it just gets me angry at a certain someone in the game.

Most games that delve into the inherently morally negative fetishes, negative in that they are illegal to be done in the same context for real, ONLY delve into them. They may acknowledge it in the threads, but they don't acknowledge it in the game except maybe a warning in the startup sequence. This is because they are focusing entirely on the sexual side, not the moral side.

Lessons in Love doesn't focus entirely on the sexual side of these things and, in fact, barely focuses on the sexual side at all. It also acknowledges every act, whether good or bad, as what they are. This is one thing, as a writer, that I do enjoy about the game, it doesn't sugar coat, it doesn't ignore, it tells things like they are.

aceaxe42

Oct 22, 2020
This game would be perfect if players could have more solid control over the MCs personality and decision making. Like if a dude wanna play as a romantic polyanimous Romeo .. or as a straight up loli loving fuckboy, say sneaking over to Chikas to seduce and mold Chinami into a lil lowkey cockslut, then i think itd be worth the effort of making the new chapter the start of true player freedom even if the game would be totally changed up especially since Id personally regularly donate atleast a hundred after seeing more player freedom.

• Angry
Reactions: crustlord12

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
This game would be perfect if players could have more solid control over the MCs personality and decision making. Like if a dude wanna play as a romantic polyanimous Romeo .. or as a straight up loli loving fuckboy, say sneaking over to Chikas to seduce and mold Chinami into a lil lowkey cockslut, then i think itd be worth the effort of making the new chapter the start of true player freedom even if the game would be totally changed up especially since Id personally regularly donate atleast a hundred after seeing more player freedom.
I feel that a lack of control is one of the forefronts of this game though, it robs you of your power to force the narrative to suit you and merely give you the choice to either be the passive one in the corner, or to delve in harder to see what breaks next. Surely eventually there will be a renewed sense of agency as the game evolves, and as Sensei regains more of himself to be able to resist. Until then, buckle up and enjoy the ride as best as is possible, because shit literally only gets worse form here for a good long time.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's just not how this game is, part of it is that you are not in control, as the game will tell you multiple times. This is not entirely just a plot device, but actually has function to it, or should I say lack of function since having function in the tradional sense would mean we do have control. Not even the MC is in control in some cases.

I feel that a lack of control is one of the forefronts of this game though, it robs you of your power to force the narrative to suit you and merely give you the choice to either be the passive one in the corner, or to delve in harder to see what breaks next. Surely eventually there will be a renewed sense of agency as the game evolves, and as Sensei regains more of himself to be able to resist. Until then, buckle up and enjoy the ride as best as is possible, because shit literally only gets worse form here for a good long time.
I believe you make a good point, but there may not be such an evolution considering what kind of game it is. I would say a renewed sense of agency would make for a truly positive turn of events and this is a Denpa game, where truly positive is rare. I don't know, we might get something in the purity routes, maybe those will involve more agency, maybe they won't and will simply improve the situation without making it truly positive, but those routes are years away even under a completely unimpeded development schedule and barely anything has been revealed about them, only that they will exist.

Reactions: Ponyboy451

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
And that scene is never stated to be under an outside influence, so as far as we know, he is fully in control and is just taking his scumbag level to new heights.
Huh, haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm like midway through chapter 2. Shouldn't be too long before I see that scene.

Reactions: alex2011

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Huh, haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm like midway through chapter 2. Shouldn't be too long before I see that scene.
That scenes just reinforces the notion that this Sensei is just an empty shell, he does this horrible thing (in a scene that becomes slightly nightmarish) and then just kinda...leaves.

Which is a recurring theme, something horrible happens and Sensei either doesn't care or is confused.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That scenes just reinforces the notion that this Sensei is just an empty shell, he does this horrible thing (in a scene that becomes slightly nightmarish) and then just kinda...leaves.

Which is a recurring theme, something horrible happens and Sensei either doesn't care or is confused.
The updates leading to the latest reset really reinforce that. You go from the scene with Miku, to the rooftop scene with Ayane, where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And after the reset
he is, at best, indifferent.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Happily, this will never, ever happen.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
It would clash with core ideas of the game and would turn it into a regular date sim/fap fodder. It's like if you want LiL without edgy stuff and drama (there is a game being made specifically with this setup), ok, but what's the point?

Reactions: alex2011 and moodle

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
The updates leading to the latest reset really reinforce that. You go from the scene with Miku, to the rooftop scene with Ayane, where

And after the reset
he is, at best, indifferent.
And he still chooses to pull out of Ami. So, as I previously stated, he cares a bare minimum, enough to feel shitty about what's right in front of him.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Do you guys think a harem (like the typical ones we see in other games) will form? Or is it more likely to be some isolated examples here and there (given that the girls don't see very likely to share)?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Do you guys think a harem (like the typical ones we see in other games) will form? Or is it more likely to be some isolated examples here and there (given that the girls don't see very likely to share)?
No true harem. Some of the girls (Nodoka especially) seem to be turned on by the idea of staging harem-style encounters with other girls involved, but the tone of the game suggests that what we're going to get during this phase of game development is a bunch of horrible outcomes like Bluejay that focus on just how harmful Sensei's behavior is. Selebus has said that better outcomes for the girls will be added later, but there is no "true" harem path.

This game is, more than anything else, a subversion of the harem genre than a true harem game.

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017

I mean, I understand him being a scumbag and just a disgusting piece of... well you get the point. But coming back to the initial discussion, he does usually feel strongly against forcing girls into it and I'd be surprised if he did the same to miku or some other girl tbh. Unless he loses his touch with reality, as he usually does with yumi lmao.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I mean, I understand him being a scumbag and just a disgusting piece of... well you get the point. But coming back to the initial discussion, he does usually feel strongly against forcing girls into it and I'd be surprised if he did the same to miku or some other girl tbh. Unless he loses his touch with reality, as he usually does with yumi lmao.
The story kinda implies (before the timeloops started) that he may have had certain "compulsions" towards the girls, but he never acted on them for the same reasons normal people don't, but this Sensei clearly doesn't share the same concerns that the OG one had (i.e he thinks with his dick basically).

I'm not gonna spoil the event for you, but even at that stage of the game you can see that's he's not above using some emotional blackmail to get what he wants.

Last edited:

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
The story kinda implies (before the timeloops started) that he may have had certain "compulsions" towards the girls, but he never acted on them for the same reasons normal people don't, but this Sensei clearly doesn't share the same concerns that the OG one had (i.e he thinks with his dick basically).

I'm not gonna spoil the event for you, but even at that stage of the game you can see that's he's not above using some emotional blackmail to get what he wants.
Yeah, I'm not gonna argue on that point. Just... I can stomach him being a dick and not caring about anybody, and see where the story goes... but rape is a lot harder to stomach. Just hoping selebus doesn't go too deep into that myself.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I wonder what's up with Kirin, it's pretty clear her sluttiness and overall unpleasant behavior towards Ayane and her sister stem from self-loathing, but i can't figure out if it's a result of her hatred towards her sister or something else. :unsure:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think you see what you want to see, and not what is really. In this game there is not a single real hint of pregnancy or even its opportunity.

No opportunity? Did you miss the non-optional creampie in Prisoner?

As for hint -- while Ayane didn't come out and say it, Sensei had literally just given her a reason to NOT say it in Nevermind, including a not-so-veiled threat. But she was definitely playing "say you're pregnant without saying you're pregnant," even going so far as to say that she's just going to hint at it repeatedly until he figures it out.

Hell, Maya even figured it out, as she makes clear in the beginning of Before the Sun Comes Up

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes