barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Lastly, this might not be the right thread but is there anything similar to this game? With the wholesome, cute moments, hot sex scenes, but without the creepy, horror, and serious, plot heavy stuff? I really need one so I might recover a little.
Sensei Overnight is often described as Lessons in Love without the existential dread, and that's been a pretty accurate descriptor -- simiilar art style, similar gameplay loop, and even a very similar scenario, but it doesn't have as much content yet. Not sure how much sex is in there yet.

Changing Life looks like another attempt at a clone. At least, the scenario and visual style seem similar. I haven't tried that one yet since it's only had a couple of updates.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
If you're on the Good Homie path (you let her make her move on Chika before you did), then Rin will still be romanceable when the game gets to that point. If you shoved your tongue down Chika's throat before Rin got a chance to tell her how she felt, then that will option will probably be blocked (it's no in the game yet, so things may change, but not likely)

This is a harem-styled game, but it is not a true harem. Most of the girls don't want to share you, and you're not likely to change their mind. There may be consequences for fooling around -- outside of the Good/Bad Homie bit, there haven't been any yet, but the tone of the game makes me think that won't last long.
The only girls who seem to be okay with sharing are Noriko, as long as "no feelings are involved" (which there are gonna be, also she's kinda crazy), Kirin (who has a deep feeling of self-loathing and hatred towards herself) and Nodoka (who seems to have...something wrong with her, if the event "I See Everything" is anything to go bye.

It's kinda refreshing actually, most games on this site treat women as though they're ready to just hop onto whatever bandwagon the MC wants, not this game.

Last edited:

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Also, i may had have a burst of unreasonable irritation, when i realised that every girl first and second name starts with a same letter. Who does that?
While it's statistically improbable that it would happen with everyone in town in real life, I would like to point out that people do stupid shit like this.

A whole generation of my family (that is: myself, my siblings, and my cousin's) share the same initials (although our family were not sociopathic enough to double up the initials). It has in the past caused me to not have a seat booked on a plane because the airline just decided it was a duplicated booking as they didn't ask for a date of birth (wouldn't happen nowadays).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: alex2011 and Bleere

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Sensei Overnight is often described as Lessons in Love without the existential dread, and that's been a pretty accurate descriptor -- simiilar art style, similar gameplay loop, and even a very similar scenario, but it doesn't have as much content yet. Not sure how much sex is in there yet.

Changing Life looks like another attempt at a clone. At least, the scenario and visual style seem similar. I haven't tried that one yet since it's only had a couple of updates.
Thanks mate. I've seen both of them, and exactly for the same reason you just said that I've yet to play them. I want to play those two games, but I'd like to wait for more content in them.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks mate. I've seen both of them, and exactly for the same reason you just said that I've yet to play them. I want to play those two games, but I'd like to wait for more content in them.
There are a bunch of other Koikatsu-based games if you like the anime-style graphics, but a lot of them look considerably worse than this one. I'm not sure if they're using an older version of the character dev tool or just putting a LOT less effort into the design. But School of Love: Clubs is one of the better looking ones, and has quite a bit of content.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
What's this about being a good homie to Rin? She's part of the main girls right? Do we even get to romance her? Am I being baited to think this'll be a harem? Are there other girls in the main and side casts like this? Sorry for the rude remarks but I'm not liking the horror theme so I might as well think that I at least get to have a good time with the girls to lessen the effects of the horrifying events.
We've been told that there will, eventually, be sex scenes with every character in the game who isn't a 5000-year-old wizard.

That said, the timeline for this game is long. There's already over a million words and the game hasn't existed for two years. Selebus said that he expects to be working on this for years more. So, no, Rin isn't romanceable now. She will be in the future. But, as other people have said, this isn't a standard harem scenario, even if the girls are having their minds bent to like and trust Sensei far more and more quickly than they otherwise would. Some shit is going to go down, because this game is in part a deconstruction of harem visual novels.

args48

Jun 12, 2020
I noticed Chinami's lust says "BONK". Not sure when that was added but I am guessing that's just a joke. He said at one point every girl will have lust scenes, and Chinami will be added with an optional patch. Is that still the case or did patreon get the better of this game too?

sooo... sana
I'm not to happy with a theory I came up with because it makes me very upset.

Sara's 'son' dies, its really her daughter, her son has survivors guilt, dissociates, and starts wearing dresses insisting that he is sana because he wishes he died in her place. The military wouldn't take him because he is trans. Selebus is drawing out sana's story line to mind fuck everyone.
If he actually did that, I would never support any of his games again. Hear me out. Sana is my favorite character and being "tricked" into liking a male in that way is very insulting (I'd argue traumatizing). I fully support gay/bi/lesbians but trans/futa is something I will never be on board with. Imagine taking a "girl" home from a bar, then finding out she was/is a man. That would be an incredibly traumatic experience for many straight people. Tricking a fanbase like that would not go over well.

I am not concerned though, as we've already seen all characters/nudes in the Patreon discord. There's no penis on any girls in the current game, so I am pretty sure this can't be the case. I mean he could claim she got it cut off, but still, it would still really piss me off and I'd immediately unpledge.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I am not concerned though, as we've already seen all characters/nudes in the Patreon discord. There's no penis on any girls in the current game,
you forget this is a game that functions on subverting expectations and tricking the fanbase. the images there have no canon way of being introduced into the game unless selebus starts making story lines to include them, they are promotional incentives and we have not had any indication they are anything but that.

why I really want to push this theory though: I would find it hilarious if this caught on and selebus got sick of getting this asked to the point he advances sana's story line just so he can go "THERE YOU DEGENERATES SHE DOESN'T HAVE A PENIS STOP ASKING". I would also find it funny if selebus actually did this but less so.

now something I want to bring up:

anyone think Io and Yumi should become friends and buisness partners... yumi clearly has the connections to sell crap like antique tv's and furniture and IO just has a ton of it but doesn't seem to have a clue on how to market it herself.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I noticed Chinami's lust says "BONK". Not sure when that was added but I am guessing that's just a joke. He said at one point every girl will have lust scenes, and Chinami will be added with an optional patch. Is that still the case or did patreon get the better of this game too?
Selebus never said that he would add an optional patch with lust content for Chinami, he said he wouldn't be able to stop someone else from making said patch.

Reactions: alex2011

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Selebus never said that he would add an optional patch with lust content for Chinami, he said he wouldn't be able to stop someone else from making said patch.
Yeah… the barely pubescent girls in Sensei’s class are already at the very edge of my comfort level. The idea of a patch to lead Chinami or Tsukasa (“su casa”?) is way over the line for me.

Unrelated: I’m trying to wrap my head around Kaori being Yumi’s cousin. Huh. Both less interesting than I expected and more so. Is Kaori another patient hooked up to life support??? Also Noriko accusing Maya of trying to keep Sensei “locked inside of a box” which is certainly one of the possible scenarios we’ve discussed for what’s going on — that something terrible happened (car crash? Suicide? Both?) and Maya somehow set the resets in motion to protect herself and Sensei — and now they’re trapped in it. Also — what’s the bit about Maya encouraging Sensei in choosing to abandon Niki and Noriko “the second time”? Were we aware of him ghosting them more than once?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah… the barely pubescent girls in Sensei’s class are already at the very edge of my comfort level. The idea of a patch to lead Chinami or Tsukasa (“su casa”?) is way over the line for me.

Unrelated: I’m trying to wrap my head around Kaori being Yumi’s cousin. Huh. Both less interesting than I expected and more so. Is Kaori another patient hooked up to life support??? Also Noriko accusing Maya of trying to keep Sensei “locked inside of a box” which is certainly one of the possible scenarios we’ve discussed for what’s going on — that something terrible happened (car crash? Suicide? Both?) and Maya somehow set the resets in motion to protect herself and Sensei — and now they’re trapped in it. Also — what’s the bit about Maya encouraging Sensei in choosing to abandon Niki and Noriko “the second time”? Were we aware of him ghosting them more than once?
We were. Noriko said that he went away right after the accident, came back, and then vanished a second time, this time without any reason given.

Sensei is literally locked inside a box in the room with the clocks.

Kaori may have been involved in the accident with Ami's parents. Miku as well, given her clear PTSD associated with the kinds of sounds associated with collisions. Which could be a really bizarre coincidence, or a possible clue as to what's going on (like this is a purgatory for everyone involved in the accident a la the Lost finale, for example)

Reactions: Antosha and akselx

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
So, any info about next few updates? I was kinda out of loop for a while, maybe someone posted it here and I missed it (release date and content of the next ~3 updates)

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So, any info about next few updates? I was kinda out of loop for a while, maybe someone posted it here and I missed it (release date and content of the next ~3 updates)
Next update goes live for Patrons tomorrow, and will be the annual Halloween event.
Update after that goes live 11/15 for Patrons, and focuses on Noriko and Kirin.
Next event goes live 12/15 for patrons, featuring Yumi, Chika, Sara, Yuki, and a happy event.
Christmas event launches 1/15 for Patrons.

Reactions: Vizer007 and moodle

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
He actually did say he was going to make the patch and he said it on f95, but if selebus has since changed his mind because he doesn't want to deal with it that is understandable

Sara lust is just optional right now and isn’t needed to progress anything. You will have another chance if you want to pursue her, though, since side character stories will be starting to roll out in the next update! Sana does not have a lust stat yet since she doesn’t have any sex scenes.

Chinami will be optional as well, and her content will likely need to come in the form of a patch due to its nature. Still trying to work out the details for that, but every character in the game will have their own romance route.
this also implies a noodles and net with a knife nose love route which I am highly anticipatory of

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well... probably not literally, right? ;) But thanks.

ETA: As in, that room is almost certainly not a literal representation of his real-world location. 'Cause if it is... Damn.
No, I mean in the room with the clocks, there is a terrarium with a tiny Sensei in it.

AmIOkay, wearing Maya's face, is literally keeping a Sensei in a box.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes