Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So, it kind of sounds like she committed suicide multiple times somehow without her mom noticing (possibly with pills that she's mentioned before), but it could just be her literally hallucinating due to sleep deprivation and having that "fucking dream" as she put it.
I really don't think this fits it just being a hallucination, Selly knows what the reader would take from that and it seems pretty damn intentional to have it actually saying "oh boy has she tried but she keeps getting reset back". I understand holding reservations for certain things but this is a game and Selly definitely intends his subtext, there'd be no greater way to give a nod to this situation without just stating it outright, "i've tried to kill myself multiple times but it seems every time i do i just zip back to just before". Exactly like in bluejay.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I really don't think this fits it just being a hallucination, Selly knows what the reader would take from that and it seems pretty damn intentional to have it actually saying "oh boy has she tried but she keeps getting reset back". I understand holding reservations for certain things but this is a game and Selly definitely intends his subtext, there'd be no greater way to give a nod to this situation without just stating it outright, "i've tried to kill myself multiple times but it seems every time i do i just zip back to just before". Exactly like in bluejay.
I agree, but you never really know in this game. Makoto was also hearing screams, turned into a rapist, and more or less everything that happened felt like a dream to her afterwards. I overall don't really consider broken Makoto a reliable narrator, and I like to acknowledge other possibilities at times. I do think she likely overdosed though. The pills reference back at the beach visit may have foreshadowed that.

It also could have been foreshadowing something between Makoto and Wakana. They seem suspiciously linked in retrospect.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Yakuza dudes come to beat up sensei for yumi at his new apartment tapioca is there.
Sensei: don't make me have to get my tonfa
Yakuza: this guy knows how to throw down?
Sensei: what? No, never under estimate the power of a rich girl you can use to bludgeon your way out of any situation.
Tonfa: sigh let me get my purse

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I love how everytime I come here, a topic about a different girl would be brought up. I had my theories about Yumi before, but this just puts the cherry on top. I always thought that the flashback of Yumi with her breasts flashed was just Yankee Fashion, it turns out it might be how the old Sensei who appeared to be as twisted as he is now apparently had Yumi served her detention.

We also talked about how the scene apparently filled the skipped two months, Yumi never even remembered any of it. BUT... perhaps that's what is supposed to happen. No one is in control, not even Sensei. This might actually hinted that Yumi normally served her detention around this time. (before the beach event or the christmast party) Again, just a personal theory.

As he was right now, Sensei wouldn't even consider putting Yumi to detention. It would only make things worse for the girl he worked hard on building, whatever his motive really is.
I am curious on the context behind those creepy ass detentions as Yumi has put it up:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As far as has been confirmed though, Old Sensei would stare at her for "whatever" reason.

I definitely don't see Current Sensei putting her in detention like that. I also think he sees her as somewhat of an anchor currently. She's keeping him stable in a way. Calling him out and not just bending over like other girls.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
It's honestly hilarious that Chika and Yumi basically talk about Sensei all the time and they don't even know his name. Like, has it even been brought over the several resets that Maya witnessed before?

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Wait.
Why did chika's father abandon them again?
I remember she told sensei why once.
What a normal Filipino Father thing to do. Jokes aside, I'm not even sure if he's japanese or Filipino. Probably Japanese cause Chika's mom is definitely Filipino.

He probably went to get some milk in space.

• Haha
Reactions: dantarium

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honestly, Selly's choice in music for this game is ridiculous. It's making me feel things I'm not supposed to feel. It rings in my head at night, like a fleeting gust wind across the window...

Great.
Yeah it pisses me off, every time a patch comes out, for the next week all i have is a convoluted series of earworms playing non stop. From the moment i wake up to the last thing i hear before passing out, it's one of like 20 tracks from this damn game.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It's honestly hilarious that Chika and Yumi basically talk about Sensei all the time and they don't even know his name. Like, has it even been brought over the several resets that Maya witnessed before?
As we learned lately people were calling Sensei Akira all the time, at least if they knew that name.
That's were the term perception kicks in again.
From Akiras point of view/perception all the time he was called Akira, he percieved it as Sensei.

This raises another question.
Now that we're told "this is not a simulation" blah blah (cmon really?) that could mean every single person in Kumonmi could misperceive alot of things, like Akira with his name.
Like, everytime we have a user x logging in, might be that the person in the current scene is, in reallity, talking with someone thats invisible for them, or looks like just some passerby.
This could in return mean that "the gods" or whover is responsible for the resets/cycles and whatnot, might be walking around in Kumonmi without anyone sensing something special about them.
Could even mean that Sekai was never dead to begin with, she was just faded out from everyones perception, till what ever happened (maybe by her own will) made her visible again.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Yeah it pisses me off, every time a patch comes out, for the next week all i have is a convoluted series of earworms playing non stop. From the moment i wake up to the last thing i hear before passing out, it's one of like 20 tracks from this damn game.
Honestly, Selly's choice in music for this game is ridiculous. It's making me feel things I'm not supposed to feel. It rings in my head at night, like a fleeting gust wind across the window...

Great.
Yeah, Sel choice in music is great, but it sucks that he tends to use great songs a bit too often and wear the magic they bring down a notch...For example lifeismostlygood one, it's first appearence was just awesome (with Chika, and its sudden stop when she thought the MC breaks out with her), but now it appears a tad bit too often. Still a banger though.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Yeah, Sel choice in music is great, but it sucks that he tends to use great songs a bit too often and wear the magic they bring down a notch...For example lifeismostlygood one, it's first appearence was just awesome (with Chika, and its sudden stop when she thought the MC breaks out with her), but now it appears a tad bit too often. Still a banger though.
Idk about you, but Yasu singing is probably one of the best ones I encountered so far. I feel like the angels or whatever creature they appear to actually be is whispering in my ear. Like that time when Sensei and Maya almost kissed, it's like the best song to pick to compliment the mood.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
This could in return mean that "the gods" or whover is responsible for the resets/cycles and whatnot, might be walking around in Kumonmi without anyone sensing something special about them.
Could even mean that Sekai was never dead to begin with, she was just faded out from everyones perception, till what ever happened (maybe by her own will) made her visible again.
I thought she was "buried underneath our feet"? She's made a few references to it being cold underground and needing to be dug up. She also isn't sure whether Akira can still touch her. Pretty sure she's dead, and has become or is becoming an angel like Yasu keeps talking about.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I thought she was "buried underneath our feet"? She's made a few references to it being cold underground and needing to be dug up. She also isn't sure whether Akira can still touch her. Pretty sure she's dead, and has become or is becoming an angel like Yasu keeps talking about.

If you'd be so kind as to point out the event she said that (cold underground n stuff).
Ofc you could be totally right here.
The reason i come up with that in particular was, the event with yasu and the flying rabit stuffed animal.
First Yasu just sees her toy floating in the air and remarks it and than (if i get the scene right) she sees Sekai.
Like Sekai is going from invisible to visible on her own volition.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
...Great, i had to check which one this was and now i am afflicted with it again! Yes i love it but by god does it burrow deep for an earworm.

The other one that reeeeeeeeeally digs into my ear canal is 'remember', the deep 'BOOM BOOM' just pounds relentlessly in my brain for hours after i hear it play in RL.

Reactions: Vizer007

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
...Great, i had to check which one this was and now i am afflicted with it again! Yes i love it but by god does it burrow deep for an earworm.

The other one that reeeeeeeeeally digs into my ear canal is 'remember', the deep 'BOOM BOOM' just pounds relentlessly in my brain for hours after i hear it play in RL.
Yeah Sel has his way with music. A third of what i ever asked him was the way he chooses his music. Not that i ever got a satisfying answer to this.
But with most games it just is choosing the right background music to make it pretty remarkable.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
If you'd be so kind as to point out the event she said that (cold underground n stuff).
Ofc you could be totally right here.
The reason i come up with that in particular was, the event with yasu and the flying rabit stuffed animal.
First Yasu just sees her toy floating in the air and remarks it and than (if i get the scene right) she sees Sekai.
Like Sekai is going from invisible to visible on her own volition.
That's difficult as the event title is in Japanese. It's the one where Makoto and Futaba confront Sensei on the beach, right between Treasured and Robin Hood. Sekai says to Akira "It's cold beneath the surface, I want to feel your touch."
I vaguely remember there being text in a different event that said "Dig her up" but I can't recall which it was.

Edit: It was one frame at the beginning of Imaginary Veins. "Turn around you coward. Dig me up, I miss you. It's fine if we just play pretend. Ignore the fraying sinew. The nerves still work! My brain is fine! Our threads can stand the test! Alive! In love! As broken birds!"

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes