barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I thought she was "buried underneath our feet"? She's made a few references to it being cold underground and needing to be dug up. She also isn't sure whether Akira can still touch her. Pretty sure she's dead, and has become or is becoming an angel like Yasu keeps talking about.
She is definitely an angel now. The scene leading up to the threesome in Toys established that. She touches Akira, the two angels with her touch Makoto and Futaba, and all three of them glitched out.

Reactions: LuisD

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If you'd be so kind as to point out the event she said that (cold underground n stuff).
Ofc you could be totally right here.
The reason i come up with that in particular was, the event with yasu and the flying rabit stuffed animal.
First Yasu just sees her toy floating in the air and remarks it and than (if i get the scene right) she sees Sekai.
Like Sekai is going from invisible to visible on her own volition.
She sees her bunny floating, and we see Sekai comment something to the effect of "aren't you the most precious thinig?" and then the scene cuts away. We never see Yasu react to her in any way -- so it's left up in the air whether Yasu ever actually saw or heard her.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
That's difficult as the event title is in Japanese. It's the one where Makoto and Futaba confront Sensei on the beach, right between Treasured and Robin Hood. Sekai says to Akira "It's cold beneath the surface, I want to feel your touch."
I vaguely remember there being text in a different event that said "Dig her up" but I can't recall which it was.

Edit: It was one frame at the beginning of Imaginary Veins. "Turn around you coward. Dig me up, I miss you. It's fine if we just play pretend. Ignore the fraying sinew. The nerves still work! My brain is fine! Our threads can stand the test! Alive! In love! As broken birds!"
"いないいない。。。ばあ!" Ingame event title.
"Peek-a-boo!" English translation (google). Makes sense given what Sekai is doing.

Theres some interesting things in that event with what the plants and the rabbit toy are talking about. Yet again another rant by Sel, espacially about his audience.

Sekai is refering about what Akira liked about his mother when he was a child. Could also been seen as some figure of speech where she's relating to herself. But it's a "whatever" for me.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
She sees her bunny floating, and we see Sekai comment something to the effect of "aren't you the most precious thinig?" and then the scene cuts away. We never see Yasu react to her in any way -- so it's left up in the air whether Yasu ever actually saw or heard her.
Sorry but i think you are a bit wrong here.
Ch3 main event Shelter.
Sekai: "Well, aren't you the cutest little thing?"
Yasu looks up: "Huh?" - "Who-".
Implies that she does see her, starting to ask who she (Sekai) is.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I wrote a small mod that lets you skip the affection/lust point grind without having to go through the tedium of typing in cheat codes or having your save labelled with the cheater flag. Features:
  • Sets all girls' affection and lust points to a value X unless they were already higher than X
  • Written to be future-proof (i.e. will automatically work for any new girls)
  • Enables the developer console
Usage:
  • Download the attached file (note: if you get sent to a new tab with a bunch of text, just right click and hit "Save as" and name it as z_set_love_lust.rpy)
  • Move into the game subfolder (found in the folder that you launch Lessons in Love from)
  • Load a save and open the developer console with Shift + O
  • Press Enter a few times so you can see the ">" symbol in the top left of the screen
  • Type setLoveAndLust(X) and press Enter, where X is an integer (i.e. a whole number). For an example, see the image below
  • Press Esc to close the console and now you can play!

View attachment 1901303

Note: I recommend using this with the guide mod for max efficiency, because other than grinding points, the main time-sink with this game is trying to trigger events.

Advice from alex2011 on how to use the mod so that you don't accidentally miss events (note: I used the mod myself with 50 affection from the start and didn't experience any issues. You can still miss events even if you follow the instructions below and you can still see all events while ignoring those instructions.):

Uninstall: delete the files z_set_love_lust.rpy and z_set_love_lust.rpyc from your game subfolder

I also made a mod that lets you scroll your mouse-wheel to simulate clicks, makes the game more convenient to play https://f95zone.to/threads/use-scroll-wheel-to-simulate-mouse-clicks.120507/#post-8406783
Can you make a version of this mod that does affection and lust separately? I'm trying to avoid lust events.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I know it sounds obvious but the secret happy event in "A life of prizes" mentions giving you the cheater flag and it actually does too which is why my affection was wiped. Not really that much of a setback considering I can just use URM but I feel in the "puzzle solutions" it should be mentioned that it actually does give you the cheater flag so you can remove the cheater tag before affection gets removed if that matters to you.

Btw was the only way of finding the lotto number through checking variables in game/checking the guide? My guess is that if he tries to punish people with the cheater tag again he will likely check if that specific happy event has been triggered as a second layer to check if someone is a cheater in case they just disabled the cheater variable and nothing else. If that's the case does anyone know what the variable for that happy event being seen is so I can modify it to be unseen again? lol

Edit: I found the variable. It was just the same name as the event "lamb legs"

Last edited:

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
I know it sounds obvious but the secret happy event in "A life of prizes" mentions giving you the cheater flag and it actually does too which is why my affection was wiped. Not really that much of a setback considering I can just use URM but I feel in the "puzzle solutions" it should be mentioned that it actually does give you the cheater flag so you can remove the cheater tag before affection gets removed if that matters to you.

Btw was the only way of finding the lotto number through checking variables in game/checking the guide? My guess is that if he tries to punish people with the cheater tag again he will likely check if that specific happy event has been triggered as a second layer to check if someone is a cheater in case they just disabled the cheater variable and nothing else. If that's the case does anyone know what the variable for that happy event being seen is so I can modify it to be unseen again? lol
Seeing Lamb Legs only triggers the cheater flag if you missed the event where you get the lottery numbers.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Seeing Lamb Legs only triggers the cheater flag if you missed the event where you get the lottery numbers.
How were you supposed to find that event? I feel like that should be mentioned in the "puzzles guide" lol

Edit: Correction ohhh so from what I've seen you need to be fucking Sara to get a specific happy event that gives you the lotto numbers. The event is called "goodboy" hence the name of the variable. So basically don't put the lotto numbers in A life of prizes, Win the Lottery because otherwise they think you're cheating and you most likely are but to be fair you could have just remembered the number from an alternate save.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I play the game on mute till a happy event now... replayed yasus event with singing when I read about it.
I enjoy it this way
Been doing it this way for... 15 updates now?
If there are any secrets in game shared through audio I missed them.
Only exception would be the street noises outside the school
All praise Mathew

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
It is There is Nothing on crack, but the game doesn't tell you what scene the solution is in, so you're probably going to need to replay multiple scenes to find the answer.

That's cool. Under normal circumstances I'd have no problems doing it, but with me playing through the full game again once the rework is out, it just doesn't seem like something I want to be doing twice. And I WILL need to do it twice, because my memory is absolute garbage and I will forget the answers between now and then.
Honestly one of the biggest problems with the "puzzles" in this game is that half of them are just random facts or numbers in previous event scenes that he just expects you to remember. I feel that most people aren't going to remember little details like that especially factoring in the time between updates. Lessons in love has to be the first visual novel to ever include backtracking as an actual mechanic and it just comes off as unneccessary padding.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
I play the game on mute till a happy event now... replayed yasus event with singing when I read about it.
I enjoy it this way
Been doing it this way for... 15 updates now?
If there are any secrets in game shared through audio I missed them.
Only exception would be the street noises outside the school
All praise Mathew
Why?
You dont have headphones?
Or listen to your own collection?
Never had to mute this game, except changing that banging sound, not really a fan of an early heart failure

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Ok i added the new reset answers to this:
Thank you Wardtnaci for the formating
You might want to clarify for the lottery win that if you haven't seen the "good boy" event which requires the fucking sara route and you put the lottery code in you get tagged as a cheater which resets your affection during the sixth reset. I mean Ami does say this but I figured it would have been mentioned in the guide if it were true.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Why?
You dont have headphones?
Or listen to your own collection?
Never had to mute this game, except changing that banging sound, not really a fan of an early heart failure
I mean I listen to my own stuff, only the game is on mute. and i could use headphones, but I normally only use that with my phone
this game at start up used to be blaringly loud. i mean I have volume at 10%, staart up the game, my apartment neighbor 2 doors down heard the start up music. its still rather loud but not as bad. so I eventually just got in the habit of starting the game muted, rather enjoyed it that way and now i keep doing it and unmute the game for happy events for the random chanting and background noises.

Reactions: Vizer007

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
I mean I listen to my own stuff, only the game is on mute. and i could use headphones, but I normally only use that with my phone
this game at start up used to be blaringly loud. i mean I have volume at 10%, staart up the game, my apartment neighbor 2 doors down heard the start up music. its still rather loud but not as bad. so I eventually just got in the habit of starting the game muted, rather enjoyed it that way and now i keep doing it and unmute the game for happy events for the random chanting and background noises.
Yeah I know what you mean. The audio balance seems so uneven at times. I get that the jump scares from certain sounds are an integral part of the game design but some cues vary wildly in volume for what appears to be no real reason. Or at least they do to my ears.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: KnowNoHope

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Haven't played for many updated. Has MC finally gotten with Rin?
No. However a threesome with Rin and Chika was teased, and Rin should be prominent in the next update.

Only anal sex so far.
I effin wish. This game needs more anal sex, besides black out forced anal. Hoping Noriko will become a butt slut.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
anyone else find imani's backstory so far really weird and out of place considering everyone else's?
immigrant from africa, and one of the poorest countries in west africa too. and was able to get into a country like japan that pretty much hates immigrants, especially poor non-asian ones.
tsunyo being part egyptian? kind of threw me off but nothing stops people from leaving japan and bringing a new spouse back with them.
Imani has burn scars, behaves like an american teenager/college student, very out spoken. personality just doesnt seem to mesh with her cultural background at all.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
You might want to clarify for the lottery win that if you haven't seen the "good boy" event which requires the fucking sara route and you put the lottery code in you get tagged as a cheater which resets your affection during the sixth reset. I mean Ami does say this but I figured it would have been mentioned in the guide if it were true.
Thanks for the info, I added it to the guide.

Reactions: QuestionTime
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes