DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I disagree - one does not have to be apathetic about everything. I can be apathetic about where the group decides to go for dinner but I can still want to eat. I think it's a better description than submissive of a person where the times he actually does what someone tells him to do or doesn't do what someone tells him not to do are the exceptions. When he does go along, it's usually because a) he doesn't care, or b) he has actually started to care enough about someone that their happiness matters to him more than his apathy.
I didn't say everything. I said sex and the girls, who tend to tell him what to do, which is where he can be submissive in.

Apathy and Submissiveness are similar but apathy means "no interest" meaning he'd have no reason to actually do what they want. In other words, he'd ignore them. Submissive means he tends to be obedient to the will of others. If you "don't care", but still do something for someone, you're not actually being apathetic, you're being submissive. If you don't care and walk away, that's more in line for being apathetic.

Like when Maya asked him to carry a box and not to open it in Maya's "Secrets worth keeping" event. Apathetic would mean he'd just ignore her. Submissive would mean he'd take the box, even if he finds it heavy, and express interest in opening it, but still wouldn't because he is told not to, then would carry that box to the school on her orders... which is what he did. This:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
doesn't strike me as apathetic. Just Submissive.

I'm not sure why Sensei being pointed out to be submissive at times seems to rub some people the wrong way.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Not a big fan of birds, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Cuckoo shows up.

Apparently it symbolizes unrequited love, spring, and cuckoldry, as well as being favored by the likes of Hera, queen of the gods in Greek myth.

With Sekai around, the apparent relation to spring, her husband being a "god", and her relationship with Sensei where she'd fuck his brother and ended up ditching their kid with Sensei.. well unrequited love and cuckoldry seems to fit.
I think the cuckoo is already here, and it's more a literal cuckoo than a symbolic one.

The cuckoo lays its eggs in the nest of another bird, and it's eggs hatch earlier. The hatchling tricks the mother of the nest to care for it as its own child, going so far as to shove the other eggs out of the nest before they can hatch so that the mother cares only for her.

We are literally watching Ami try to shove the other girls out of Akira's nest (apartment) so that he loves only her. She's a cuckoo.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
And I'm not sure why occasionally going along with what someone else wants is considered "submissive".
I think it's far more than occasionally. His whole life seems to be based around doing things for 15 year old girls so that they'll event let him fuck them. Even then I've said he's submissive at times. Even if those times seem to be most of the time, like being Rin's back up date, paying for a rich idol's food, doing as Ami commands (besides having sex with her if you're a GU), coming over and helping Wakana in the kitchen, throwing away his money at Uta-Chan, letting Touka and Tsubasa cover his face and take him wherever, most of the dorm wars stuff, etc.

I mean there's a reason he's not exactly considered dangerous even though most people consider him a predator. Wakana and Yuki even seem to tease him about it.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think the cuckoo is already here, and it's more a literal cuckoo than a symbolic one.

The cuckoo lays its eggs in the nest of another bird, and it's eggs hatch earlier. The hatchling tricks the mother of the nest to care for it as its own child, going so far as to shove the other eggs out of the nest before they can hatch so that the mother cares only for her.

We are literally watching Ami try to shove the other girls out of Akira's nest (apartment) so that he loves only her. She's a cuckoo.
Interesting, I can see where you're coming from. That'd fit my Sekai analogy as well since she'd be a Cuckoo that left her egg in Sensei's nest which became the Ami we know.

• Thinking Face

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Interesting, I can see where you're coming from. That'd fit my Sekai analogy as well since she'd be a Cuckoo that left her egg in Sensei's nest which became the Ami we know.
Well, if the theory that Akira is actually Ami's father is correct the cuckoo would be Akira, but both seem equally plausible right now.

• Thinking Face

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well, if the theory that Akira is actually Ami's father is correct the cuckoo would be Akira, but both seem equally plausible right now.
Unless Ami actually died in the accident and our Ami/cuckoo is an imposter. If that's the case, it doesn't actually matter who her parentage is.

• Thinking Face

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, i had a feeling that the whole walled of city stuff was ringing a bell, or three or more :LOL: .
(Besides, it also connects to my main/backup theory, where the city is inside someones mind/brain (this town has two halves), so the walls are the skull or the limits of someones mind.)
I already knew where from but i just looked into it now.
Besides what i will be pointing out though it still rings another bell somehow, somewhere. Just don't know what it might be.
Anyway.

Dark City 1998 Movie

So i wonder if Sel took some inspiration from that movie or it's origin, or the origin of it's origin somewhere down the line.

Oh and this is more like a loose "what if", if someone has more insight, cool. If not, we don't have to go down that pasta route.
I definitely think it's a possibility.

Some other stuff that reminds me of that is "The Promised Neverland", Rick and Morty's simulation, inception, and car battery episodes, The Matrix movies, Gravity Falls wierdmageddon, The Madoka Magica third movie, DC's Flashpoint and Convergence storylines (plus who knows how many other comic book storylines), etc. It also reminds me of the "The city of ember" book.

The whole "trapped by outside forces, and the world as you know it turns out to be false" plot is rather interesting. I suppose even Mortal Kombat applies to that now after MK11. Actually so does "Attack on Titan" as well.

Personally, I think whatever is taking Sekai's form is the trapper here, and the reason for the trap is to understand human love. Albeit, I'm betting the upcoming reset will explain things more, so, I could be totally wrong.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It could be, Sensei would have been around 15/16 when Ami was born, which seems rather ironic since he's going after 15 and 16 years old now.

Unless Ami actually died in the accident and our Ami/cuckoo is an imposter. If that's the case, it doesn't actually matter who her parentage is.
Possibly. The whole Ami being a dream baby thing could mean Ami is actually Sensei's and whatever is taking Sekai's form's kid as well. Or just Sekai's kid by itself. Wouldn't be the first time some god like being had a child by itself.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Technically, I'd assume he went missing during the reset that Ayane ends up surviving, since everything alive seems to disappear. Todd wasn't actually said to not have came back yet until after she actually survived a reset though.

She survived her first reset at the end of chapter 2 "Utinam"(long ass name) and mentions Todd hasn't come back in Chapter 3's "A Walk through hell", where Tsuneyo mentions she has a history of killing chickens. Later on he is found dead in Yumi's "Loggerhead" Event soon before the most recent reset where Tsuneyo seems unaffected by the reset while Maya, Yumi, and Ayane go Tshaped in "Dec 28 2020".

Unless she mentioned he went missing before Maya asked her if she was pregnant, but I can't seem to recall that.

Also Ayane said she wasn't pregnant when Maya asked the night before she survived, while Ami was being turned inside out in her room, during "The light of last summer". She wasn't screaming that she was pregnant, because only the first time she made it to the roof and didn't survive, did she actually seem to be pregnant.
Sorry the implication of screaming about being pregnant outside Ami's window wasn't meant to say she "was" pregnant it was meant to say the topic they were screaming about was Ayane being pregnant ami heard all that shit about being pregnant and then killed Ayane and todd

I started a lot of talk about cuckoo birds...
Do we know anything about tsuneyo's parents that isn't superficial. We mainly know about her grandpa... whose to say she isn't an egg that was put in a nest it wasn't meant to be in. Hope to find out

All this talk about sensei being a sub. My favorite scenes of that is when Haruka dominates him while she calls him dear. Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The data dump in Life of Prizes had a large enough section on cuckoo that it feels like it needs to be relevant somehow, and since it wasn't a question in the event, it's probably a lore hint.

though by that logic, the 100 pages of cofee trivia might also be a lore hint. hrm...

New theory: every character is actually a different kind of coffee bean, and this game is really a metaphor for Akira trying to select a roast at the Koi Cafe.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The data dump in Life of Prizes had a large enough section on cuckoo that it feels like it needs to be relevant somehow, and since it wasn't a question in the event, it's probably a lore hint.

though by that logic, the 100 pages of cofee trivia might also be a lore hint. hrm...

New theory: every character is actually a different kind of coffee bean, and this game is really a metaphor for Akira trying to select a roast at the Koi Cafe.
Lessons in (the) love (for coffee), turns out Selly sucks at writing so bad he forgot a few words in the title.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Sorry the implication of screaming about being pregnant outside Ami's window wasn't meant to say she "was" pregnant it was meant to say ami heard all that shit about being pregnant and then killed Ayane and todd

Do we know anything about tsuneyo's parents that isn't superficial. We mainly know about her grandpa... whose to say she isn't an egg that was put in a nest it wasn't meant to be in. Hope to find out

All this talk about sensei being a sub. My favorite scenes of that is when Haruka dominates him while she calls him dear. Lol
I see.

Tsuneyo does apparently have a different skin color than her father:
and doesn't seem to look like her father, so it's possible she was adopted by him.

Ironically, Sensei is cucking Haruka's husband whenever they have sex as well, which fits the whole Cuckoo stuff.

• Thinking Face

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

In retrospect, coffee does seem to show up quite a bit. There might actually be something there.

Sleeping at certain times could be what allows the resets to really alter your memories. Maybe if everyone drank coffee, they could resist being reset efficiently. Maybe even resist happy events.

• Haha

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
... so... any thoughts on Kaori always calling akira a human trafficker and a burger...
Cause I have a disturbing thought
One that is really stupid and has 0 evidence for... it's not a theory. Just a passing thought.
She is mistaking Akira for nozume who is dead from a car crash so is literally ground up meat aka a burger... maybe he was an actual human trafficker. Did some out reach teaching jobs overseas and that's how chika's mom and tsuneyos mom got into japan.... and the girls might be his daughter
Let me be honest I'm only saying this to try and fuel the flames of the people that say all the girls are related to him and give them something to hold onto like a security blanket

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
... so... any thoughts on Kaori always calling akira a human trafficker and a burger...
Cause I have a disturbing thought
One that is really stupid and has 0 evidence for... it's not a theory. Just a passing thought.
She is mistaking Akira for nozume who is dead from a car crash so is literally ground up meat aka a burger... maybe he was an actual human trafficker. Did some out reach teaching jobs overseas and that's how chika's mom and tsuneyos mom got into japan.... and the girls might be his daughter
Let me be honest I'm only saying this to try and fuel the flames of the people that say all the girls are related to him and give them something to hold onto like a security blanket
Well, Kaori actually calls him those things due to things that happened after meeting him.

He tended to eat burgers every time he was in a restaurant with her, and she even cut him off from burgers at one point. I also don't think he ever actually gave her a name. Not even Sensei. So, Hamburger man became his name. (Ironically enough, Hamburgers have been one thing he's claimed to love in his thoughts)

As for Human trafficker, it's because she saw him with Ami in one event, Rin in one event, and Sana in one event, all at separate times and hadn't seen the girls since, so she just assumed he was trafficking them.

As for the girls being related to him, I do think it's possible, but in a more all their mothers are angelic beings who procreated with Sensei to create pieces for this world kind of way. Hence why this happened with Sara:
Albeit, I doubt the mothers actually know what's going on, unless they are just good actors.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Well, Kaori actually calls him those things due to things that happened after meeting him.

He tended to eat burgers every time he was in a restaurant with her, and she even cut him off from burgers at one point. I also don't think he ever actually gave her a name. Not even Sensei. So, Hamburger man became his name. (Ironically enough, Hamburgers have been one thing he's claimed to love in his thoughts)

As for Human trafficker, it's because she saw him with Ami in one event, Rin in one event, and Sana in one event, all at separate times and hadn't seen the girls since, so she just assumed he was trafficking them.

As for the girls being related to him, I do think it's possible, but in a more all their mothers are angelic beings who procreated with Sensei to create pieces for this world kind of way. Hence why this happened with Sara:
Albeit, I doubt the mothers actually know what's going on, unless they are just good actors.
Ah yes, Kaori fixated on singular words and actions sensei does and then sticks with that first assumption and phrase. Or she is super god touched for no real reason and interacting with sensei the best way she can and using the words they trickle into her head.
You like those theories

• Haha
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes