KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Well, perhaps ditching was a little harsh. Unless they did fake their deaths or suicided. I'm not convinced we've got the whole story yet though.

Also, I think Molly refers to Ravens when she talks about Yasu, which does fit imo. Besides being compared to them, Kaori seems to like chickens a lot albeit so does Ayane. For whatever reason both have had them as pets.

Speaking of Tsuneyo, she's mentioned how her killing birds tends to happen, which kind of makes me worry about all this girls being compared to birds stuff. Personally, if there is a killer in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tsuneyo. (I think she may have even killed Ayane's chicken)
that's intresting, would like to hear how and why tsuneyo would do that and then throw it off an overpass.
ive said who i thought it was before so no need to deep dive that again

Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
that's intresting, would like to hear how and why tsuneyo would do that and then throw it off an overpass.
ive said who i thought it was before so no need to deep dive that again
What makes me think it could have been Tsuneyo is mostly this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tsuneyo also literally has a history of killing chickens, specifically breaking thier necks from what I recall, has subconsciously grabbed a knife in the dark before, so she possibly blacks out or isn't always in control of herself, and she seems heavily related to User2/god of wires/the resets and so do birds themselves.

Why it ended up where it did though, I have no idea.

Still, the chicken going missing/getting killed, then Ayane showing up on the rooftop, and then this mention of Tsuneyo in relation to the chicken afterwards seems suspicious to me.

• Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Mostly this:

Tsuneyo also literally has a history of killing chickens, specifically breaking thier necks from what I recall, has subconsciously grabbed a knife in the dark before so she possibly blacks out or isn't always in control of herself, and she seems heavily related to User2/god of wires/the resets and so do birds themselves.

Still, the chicken going missing/getting killed, then Ayane showing up on the rooftop, and then this mention of Tsuneyo in relation to the chicken afterwards seems suspicious.
huh... i took those as jokes about making ramen, neat to take them literally
i dont see tsuneyo throwing the corpse over the side of a highway though
just eating it

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
huh... i took those as jokes about making ramen, neat to take them literally
i dont see tsuneyo throwing the corpse over the side of a highway though
just eating it
Yeah, I edited it a bit. Also considering she can talk to birds, maybe it was personal? I hope Tsuneyo wouldn't normally eat the chickens she can understand, then again who knows.

Overall though, it's just a fun little theory.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Guys if you go theorizing i'd rather appreciate it if you at least link the connecting events. Or not if it's too much work.
This is really going beyond wild, at least for me. You can throw so much spaghetti at a wall till there is no wallpaper anymore to be seen (or paint, don't know how you decorate your rooms).

You know that there's a twitter account related to the upside down house? And it might be related to Nodoka?
Would make things even wilder.

I wonder if Sel read Aldus Huxley's "The doors of perception". And if those are related. Because IF, were all screwed.

On another note
What was your first thought about the developer of this game (Sel ofc) first time you read it?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Guys if you go theorizing i'd rather appreciate it if you at least link the connecting events. Or not if it's too much work.
This is really going beyond wild, at least for me. You can throw so much spaghetti at a wall till there is no wallpaper anymore to be seen (or paint, don't know how you decorate your rooms).

You know that there's a twitter account related to the upside down house? And it might be related to Nodoka?
Would make things even wilder.

I wonder if Sel read Aldus Huxley's "The doors of perception". And if those are related. Because IF, were all screwed.

On another note
What was your first thought about the developer of this game (Sel ofc) first time you read it?
For what I mentioned for Tsuneyo: the "A walk through Hell" Main Event, and Tsuneyo's "Things like stairs", plus Yumi's "Loggerhead" for Todd's fate should suffice.. Also the first Happy event (which shows a lot of stuff) shows User2 with a bird (maybe Noodles), and a bowl of Ramen. Tsuneyo and User2 as well as things related to User2 also tend to mention trees, growing, and wires a bunch. So, maybe just replay the game since Tsuneyo showed up, for all that stuff.

For the upside down house and Nodoka stuff: Otoha's "Breathing in Unison", Nodoka's "I see everything" and "Beyond the reach of god", and Kirin's "Bye, bye, boner", are kind of must sees to get what's being talked about. I also think Sensei sees it in the "There is Nothing" main event, when you look at the tv.

I also thought Sel based off the game was the kind of an unfiltered somewhat depraved individual whose story and perception of the world within said story would be fun to experience. I mostly just thought finally something that has a soul and isn't chained by censorship or morality.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Also for those interested in the Users: "There is Nothing", and "The word of the day" are both pretty important. You can type in the different Users in the user name, in "There is Nothing", and get different responses, while User2 talks to you in "The word of the day".

However, The Happy Event "Trinity p3 Non est deus" is perhaps the most important for understanding them all.
User3 actually shows up in that Happy Event to apparently save you. User 1 is the one in control of you during it, and User2 is trying to access you, but can't because you can't give it permission (you'll need audio).

User3 also notably shows up in Yumi's "Abyss" event, and Sana's "Ad infinitum" event where it says it's name is Pareidolia.

There's probably a lot more, but most of this is just based off memory and I haven't replayed the game in a bit.. so, sorry.

Overall, most disturbing stuff seems to be because of User1 who is likely Nozomu, the callous god, and strongest in summer, the computer-ish stuff is User2 who is likely the god of wires, the calm god, and strongest in winter, while User3 doesn't show up much unless needed to bring order, is Pareidolia, the concerned god, talks in lowercase, and has no season it's strongest in. User4 is reserved for someone/something and that's about all that's been said about it. There doesn't seem to be other users.

Oh, and Terminal 23 is likely Sensei or at least his mind.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
For what I mentioned for Tsuneyo: the "A walk through Hell" Main Event, and Tsuneyo's "Things like stairs", plus Yumi's "Loggerhead" for Todd's fate should suffice.. Also the first Happy event (which shows a lot of stuff) shows User2 with a bird (maybe Noodles), and a bowl of Ramen. Tsuneyo and User2 as well as things related to User2 also tend to mention trees, growing, and wires a bunch. So, maybe just replay the game since Tsuneyo showed up, for all that stuff.

For the upside down house and Nodoka stuff: Otoha's "Breathing in Unison", Nodoka's "I see everything" and "Beyond the reach of god", and Kirin's "Bye, bye, boner", are kind of must sees to get what's being talked about. I also think Sensei sees it in the "There is Nothing" main event, when you look at the tv.

I also thought Sel based off the game was the kind of an unfiltered somewhat depraved individual whose story and perception of the world within said story would be fun to experience. I mostly just thought finally something that has a soul and isn't chained by censorship or morality.
Didn't really follow what you (people) are thinking about Tsuneyo. Whats the point here?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Didn't really follow what you (people) are thinking about Tsuneyo. Whats the point here?
I just had a theory that Tsuneyo was the one who killed Todd, Ayane's chicken. That's about it.

As for why Todd matters, he goes missing before Ayane actually survives a reset, and is found dead after she does. It seems linked to the reason she can. Just a theory though.

Tsuneyo also seems linked to the resets which is a theory in of itself since User2 has power over resets (Helps you in the reset of "There is Nothing" while the other users don't seem able to, and In the main event "The Scary Room" User1 (presumably) pretends to be User2 so that it can pretend it's about to reset Maya, which scared Maya, implying she knows User2 could actually do that, which also implies that User2 is the thing that she asks to reset the world since it's the only thing that's been implied to have reset abilities besides Maya who asks something else to do it.), And Tsuneyo seems related to User2 (who had a bird that resembled Noodles, and a bowl of Ramen in the first Happy Event), and has a history of killing chickens. Tsuneyo also seems naturally aware of the loop as found out in "The bending of italics" main event, and apparently recalls events that are from the loops from before the Current Sensei showed up as implied in the "Gallows Edge" main event.

Overall; it's a theory based off theories.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Take a seat at my table brother, why do you think i hand out so many thinking reactions, i struggle to follow the game let alone some of the theories here and am constantly left either suddenly realising something i missed or... 10 times more confused :ROFLMAO:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I just had a theory that Tsuneyo was the one who killed Todd, Ayane's chicken. That's about it.

As for why Todd matters, he goes missing before Ayane actually survives a reset, and is found dead after she does. It seems linked to the reason she can. Just a theory though.

Tsuneyo also seems linked to the resets which is a theory in of itself since User2 has power over resets (Helps you in the reset of "There is Nothing" while the other users don't seem able to, and In the main event "Scary Room" User1 (presumably) pretends to be User2 so that it can pretend it's about to reset Maya, which scared Maya, implying she knows User2 could actually do that, which also implies that User2 is the thing that she asks to reset the world since it's the only thing that's been implied to have reset abilities besides Maya who asks something else to do it.), And Tsuneyo seems related to User2 (who had a bird that resembled Noodles, and a bowl of Ramen in the first Happy Event), and has a history of killing chickens. Tsuneyo also seems naturally aware of the loop as found out in "The bending of italics" main event, and apparently recalls events that are from the loops from before the Current Sensei showed up as implied in the "Gallows Edge" main event.

Question is: Why would Tsuneyo do this? I see no reason there besides: "Oh, free meat for our shop."
More reasonable seems to be (for me) that Ami killed Todd in a rage fit, because Ayane is getting way to comfortable with Akira.
Their conversation within dorm wars (3?) might have triggered that.
Didn't Ami tell Ayane she's fucking Akira?
Killing Todd is like mafia horse head in Ayanes bed.

I really think if this game had a main antagonist, it would be Ami and associates.

/e The conversation between Ami and Ayane i meant was in ch3 main event "The Way it Scatters" with the amifingered flag true which is omitted in replays.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnowNoHope

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Take a seat at my table brother, why do you think i hand out so many thinking reactions, i struggle to follow the game let alone some of the theories here and am constantly left either suddenly realising something i missed or... 10 times more confused :ROFLMAO:
My friend, normally i can follow stuff. But lately?... As i said. It's like a complete spaghetti fiesta thing, where people throw the pasta around and see where it lands. Like 360°, while it should be only one direction. Like some people have to get some things out of their system.
I get that. Those things happen. But they should not all the time.

• Haha

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Question is: Why would Tsuneyo do this? I see no reason there besides: "Oh, free meat for our shop."
More reasonable seems to be (for me) that Ami killed Todd in a rage fit, because Ayane is getting well to comfortable with Akira.

I really think if this game had a main antagonist, it would be Ami and associates.
To send Ayane to the roof, To serve her Father/god of wires, To one day end the loop, Because Sekai made her, Because Todd pissed her off, Because it felt like she should, Because User1/HOPE convinced her too, etc. The actual reason Todd died hasn't been revealed yet, so, who knows.

Fucking Ami is optional, and she loves Ayane. I don't see why she'd just kill Ayane's chicken. It's also not like Ami has actually hurt anything or anyone physically as far as has been revealed.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why some people think Ami is on a murder spree, beyond simply because she fits a trope.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
To send Ayane to the roof, To serve her Father/god of wires, To one day end the loop, Because Sekai made her, Because Todd pissed her off, Because it felt like she should, Because User1/HOPE convinced her too, etc. The actual reason Todd died hasn't been revealed yet, so who knows.

Fucking Ami is optional, and she loves Ayane. I don't see why she'd just kill Ayane's chicken. It's also not like Ami has actually hurt anything or anyone physically as far as has been revealed.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why people think Ami is on a murder spree, beyond simply because she fits a trope.
No one said murder "spree". But from what i got good uncle leads to the same weird Ami persona anyway.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
No one said murder "spree". But from what i got good uncle leads to the same weird Ami persona anyway.
You didn't. Others have in the past. Still, you should get what I'm saying.

"Good Uncle" Ami is way more sexually frustrated. Neither version is actually violent though. However, GU Ami does seem more likely to drug rape Sensei.

Also meant to mention, Ayane doesn't find out Ami could be sleeping with Sensei until after she's already survived a reset and after Todd had gone missing. So, Ami knowing Ayane knows about her and Sensei being a reason to make Todd disappear, doesn't really work.

• Thinking Face

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
If he was actually apathetic he'd have, feel, and show no interest in sex or the girls, etc. He'd be more like an Asexual. He acts Apathetic because he thinks it's cool though. Hence why some of girls make fun of him for it.
I disagree - one does not have to be apathetic about everything. I can be apathetic about where the group decides to go for dinner but I can still want to eat. I think it's a better description than submissive of a person where the times he actually does what someone tells him to do or doesn't do what someone tells him not to do are the exceptions. When he does go along, it's usually because a) he doesn't care, or b) he has actually started to care enough about someone that their happiness matters to him more than his apathy.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

Tsuneyo also seems linked to the resets which is a theory in of itself since User2 has power over resets (Helps you in the reset of "There is Nothing" while the other users don't seem able to, and In the main event "The Scary Room" User1 (presumably) pretends to be User2 so that it can pretend it's about to reset Maya, which scared Maya, implying she knows User2 could actually do that, which also implies that User2 is the thing that she asks to reset the world since it's the only thing that's been implied to have reset abilities besides Maya who asks something else to do it.), And Tsuneyo seems related to User2 (who had a bird that resembled Noodles, and a bowl of Ramen in the first Happy Event), and has a history of killing chickens. Tsuneyo also seems naturally aware of the loop as found out in "The bending of italics" main event, and apparently recalls events that are from the loops from before the Current Sensei showed up as implied in the "Gallows Edge" main event.

i thought todd went missing after she survived her first reset... after the night of screaming outside ami's window about being pregnant. the reset that followed that event was the first one ayane survived. You dont see ayane again till you are in your office mid reset. first time she made it to the roof top she didnt survive. she vanished while hugging akira and maya

More reasonable seems to be (for me) that Ami killed Todd in a rage fit, because Ayane is getting way to comfortable with Akira.

yep my money is on ami being the main character and kiling people and maybe one lone chicken so far

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
So, i had a feeling that the whole walled of city stuff was ringing a bell, or three or more :LOL: .
(Besides, it also connects to my main/backup theory, where the city is inside someones mind/brain (this town has two halves), so the walls are the skull or the limits of someones mind.)
I already knew where from but i just looked into it now.
Besides what i will be pointing out though it still rings another bell somehow, somewhere. Just don't know what it might be.
Anyway.

Dark City 1998 Movie

So i wonder if Sel took some inspiration from that movie or it's origin, or the origin of it's origin somewhere down the line.

Oh and this is more like a loose "what if", if someone has more insight, cool. If not, we don't have to go down that pasta route.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
i thought todd went missing after she survived her first reset... after the night of screaming outside ami's window about being pregnant. the reset that followed that event was the first one ayane survived. You dont see ayane again till you are in your office mid reset. first time she made it to the roof top she didnt survive. she vanished while hugging akira and maya

yep my money is on ami being the main character and kiling people and maybe one lone chicken so far
Technically, I'd assume he went missing during the reset that Ayane ends up surviving, since everything alive seems to disappear. Todd wasn't actually said to not have came back yet until after she actually survived a reset though.

She survived her first reset at the end of chapter 2 "Utinam"(long ass name) and mentions Todd hasn't come back in Chapter 3's "A Walk through hell", where Tsuneyo mentions she has a history of killing chickens. Later on he is found dead in Yumi's "Loggerhead" Event soon before the most recent reset where Tsuneyo seems unaffected by the reset while Maya, Yumi, and Ayane go Tshaped in "Dec 28 2020".

Unless she mentioned he went missing before Maya asked her if she was pregnant, but I can't seem to recall that.

Also Ayane said she wasn't pregnant when Maya asked the night before she survived, while Ami was being turned inside out in her room, during "The light of last summer". She wasn't screaming that she was pregnant, because only the first time she made it to the roof and didn't survive, did she actually seem to be pregnant.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes