DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Ah yes, Kaori fixated on singular words and actions sensei does and then sticks with that first assumption and phrase. Or she is super god touched for no real reason and interacting with sensei the best way she can and using the words they trickle into her head.
You like those theories
Actually, it's very likely to be both of those things.

Like Nao has mentioned:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There can be no coincidences.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Me, when theorizing:

Everyone else after seeing my theories:
i feel you

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
oh yeah
this was a joke theory
In a roundabout way, she actually may have.

Nodoka was saying she'd corrupt Sana and that Sana's actually a freak, and now Sana has had her lust put into overdrive to the point she'd furiously masturbate in a public bathroom, after entering Yasu's church.

I do wonder if Nodoka may have suggested to Nozomu/HOPE that corrupting or taking Sana would make Sensei more likely to accept Nozomu.

I also wouldn't put it past Nodoka to offer up everyone else to a horny god, if it secured her and Futaba's future. She more or less already said she would.

• Thinking Face

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Question is: Why would Tsuneyo do this? I see no reason there besides: "Oh, free meat for our shop."
More reasonable seems to be (for me) that Ami killed Todd in a rage fit, because Ayane is getting way to comfortable with Akira.
Their conversation within dorm wars (3?) might have triggered that.
Didn't Ami tell Ayane she's fucking Akira?
Killing Todd is like mafia horse head in Ayanes bed.

I really think if this game had a main antagonist, it would be Ami and associates.

/e The conversation between Ami and Ayane i meant was in ch3 main event "The Way it Scatters" with the amifingered flag true which is omitted in replays.
Same thoughts as yours; Tsuenyo is the most suspected person for now due to being capable of killing chickens, and maybe location-wise that dry aqueduct looks like to be in old district, somewhere Tsuenyo lives much closer to everyone else. However, at least she does this for the sake of food materials; she doesn't hate chickens. Todd there looked not harvested and just plain murdered; he wasn't even plucked completely (of course it might just be a whatever dead chicken jpeg Sel found and decided to use, so I'll avoid reading too much into it). So unless Tsuenyo was in fact assumed control by something just like how she apparently was in Things Like Stairs, I would agree that her own motive for doing this wasn't strong.

I honestly didn't put much thoughts into how Todd died back then because I was actually kinda sad knowing someone's pet died. But in addition to Tsuenyo or Ami doing it, I am open to the possibility of Todd going over what John did in Sasom i en Spegel, but somehow arriving at a much worse end (hyperventilated and died just like how some of the old Senseis died)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
In a roundabout way, she actually may have.

Nodoka was saying she'd corrupt Sana and that Sana's actually a freak, and now Sana has had her lust put into overdrive to the point she'd furiously masturbate in a public bathroom, after entering Yasu's church.

I do wonder if Nodoka may have suggested to Nozomu/HOPE that corrupting or taking Sana would make Sensei more likely to accept Nozomu.

I also wouldn't put it past Nodoka to offer up everyone else to a horny god, if it secured her and Futaba's future. She more or less already said she would.
actually i laughed a bit, maybe sana wasnt masturbating... maybe she was trying to dig the seed out of her flesh

Shiyaromi

Feb 2, 2022
This game is too WHITE for my liking so i made a dark mod for myself which is more pleasing to my eyes. It turned out decent so thought of sharing it here.

View attachment 1931175

If you're using guide mod drop this file to
game\progress mod\

View attachment 1639891

rename the downloaded file to progress_screen.rpy
This game is too WHITE for my liking so i made a dark mod for myself which is more pleasing to my eyes. It turned out decent so thought of sharing it here.

View attachment 1931175

If you're using guide mod drop this file to
game\progress mod\

View attachment 1639891

rename the downloaded file to progress_screen.rpy
Hi!
I don't know if you updated the menu images, but I did it anyway!

Edit: I fixed the black background to transparent in the character's menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Same thoughts as yours; Tsuenyo is the most suspected person for now due to being capable of killing chickens, and maybe location-wise that dry aqueduct looks like to be in old district, somewhere Tsuenyo lives much closer to everyone else. However, at least she does this for the sake of food materials; she doesn't hate chickens. Todd there looked not harvested and just plain murdered; he wasn't even plucked completely (of course it might just be a whatever dead chicken jpeg Sel found and decided to use, so I'll avoid reading too much into it). So unless Tsuenyo was in fact assumed control by something just like how she apparently was in Things Like Stairs, I would agree that her own motive for doing this wasn't strong.

I honestly didn't put much thoughts into how Todd died back then because I was actually kinda sad knowing someone's pet died. But in addition to Tsuenyo or Ami doing it, I am open to the possibility of Todd going over what John did in Sasom i en Spegel, but somehow arriving at a much worse end (hyperventilated and died just like how some of the old Senseis died)
Tsuneyo actually might have disdain for chickens, considering how she talks about them. She also seems opposed to Tori Shio Ramen which contains chicken and was her father's favorite, yet she's apparently never made it, which seems off for someone like her who is obsessed with Ramen. Not entirely sure she's actually served chicken before in past events or even has chicken related food on the menu, considering Kaori didn't order something actually on it when she wanted chicken.

Kirin also seems like the only one that actually has a problem with Ayane, as well as should know what Todd looks like, and may be petty enough to murder a chicken. So, I'd add Kirin to the list of suspects.

Beyond mundane theories, based off John's stuff:
It was actually probably Spirit Sekai (possibly possessing someone), and Todd's death might be related to why SS was on the roof in the last reset:
Perhaps the death of chickens function as a power source for it. It'd make sense due to how animals have been sacrificed to "gods" in real life. Just chickens specifically seem to be the cannon fodder of this verse.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Tsuneyo actually might have disdain for chickens, considering how she talks about them. She also seems opposed to Tori Shio Ramen which contains chicken and was her father's favorite, yet she's apparently never made it, which seems off for someone like her who is obsessed with Ramen. Not entirely sure she's actually served chicken before in past events or even has chicken related food on the menu, considering Kaori didn't order something actually on it when she wanted chicken.

Kirin also seems like the only one that actually has a problem with Ayane, as well as should know what Todd looks like, and may be petty enough to murder a chicken. So, I'd add Kirin to the list of suspects.

It was actually probably Spirit Sekai (possibly possessing someone), and Todd's death might be related to why SS was on the roof in the last reset:
Perhaps the death of chickens function as a power source for it. It'd make sense due to how animals have been sacrificed to "gods" in real life. Just chickens specifically seem to be the cannon fodder of this verse.
Thought tori shiro was pork based
Ah it's a mix of both.
Meat is pork
Broth is a mix of chicken and pork

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Hmm my take on Tsuenyo's response is that she is merely disagreeing with Kaori every chance she gets because of her prominent "disfavortism" towards her, and especially when Kaori termed the killing of chickens for food as "sacrifice" because in Tsuenyo's words, they die unwillingly. Perhaps she simply acknowledges that she IS taking lives from living creatures despite having a plausible reason only on human's side. The rest of the slightly dark aspects about lives and everything is I'd say more from her weird personality.

For tori shio, I would say it's exactly because she loves ramen so much that she would not want to ruin even a single bowl due to her inexperience in making such dish (but why she hasn't made one this typical flavor before? maybe she DID dislike chickens after all? have to rewind her earlier events to check this).

I would tick Kirin off the list solely because Prisoner is skippable, as well as the rest of her toxic relationships with Ayane; true that her feeling of being defeated during the science fair would still exist if she didn't barge on that day in the beach hotel, but that feeling would not get to ferment into something this foul (like if you missed Prisoner, Kirin's interaction with Ayane would feel more like a bad friend, in comparison to a despicable scumbag if you didn't miss Prisoner).

But I'd definitely put the hottest boogleman in Kumon-mi, Ms. Sekai Awakara on the suspect list (speaking of which, I feel like the word "tendrils" was once used in describing something/someone prior to this John event but I for the love of god cannot remember if that was true)

[/SPOILER]Perhaps the death of chickens function as a power source for it. It'd make sense due to how animals have been sacrificed to "gods" in real life. Just chickens specifically seem to be the cannon fodder of this verse.
LOL I'd imagine Maya being so PISSED if the ultimate secret to everything boils down to some birds. Sensei would be like "hey let's snap some chicken necks to save the world" and she'd be like:
1685323456265.png

Last edited:

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Tori also means bird, and Shio means salt, so it's more or less Bird Salt Ramen.
Not to pick fault as I'm no expert with linguistics and translations but isn't there an issue with direct literal transactions not always being accurate. Doesn't context and a knowledge of the languages idioms affect the final translations meaning. I'm thinking of times when I've seen examples of sentences being translated into another language and then changed back into the original language and they have completely lost their original meaning. I mean, I would be interested to know what the translation of 'Buffalo Wings' would suggest about the animal of origin.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Not to pick fault as I'm no expert with linguistics and translations but isn't there an issue with direct literal transactions not always being accurate. Doesn't context and a knowledge of the languages idioms affect the final translations meaning. I'm thinking of times when I've seen examples of sentences being translated into another language and then changed back into the original language and they have completely lost thier original meaning. I mean, I would be interested to know what the translation of 'Buffalo Wings' would suggest about the animal of origin.
In this case in particular, little is lost when translating back to English so no worries. Not to mention shio ramen by default uses chicken broth (there are variations here but I'd say the majority of shio ramen is chicken-based), and perhaps this is why Kaori picked this one without it being on the menu and not because on a psychic level she somehow knows this is Tsuenyo's dad's favorite dish.

Also, to sate your curiosity, translating buffalo wings back from mandarin says "buffalo city chicken wings". Normally it isn't that screwed up if the dish name is just place/animal + animal parts (but I know there are definitely some hilarious examples out there)

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not to pick fault as I'm no expert with linguistics and translations but isn't there an issue with direct literal transactions not always being accurate. Doesn't context and a knowledge of the languages idioms affect the final translations meaning. I'm thinking of times when I've seen examples of sentences being translated into another language and then changed back into the original language and they have completely lost thier original meaning. I mean, I would be interested to know what the translation of 'Buffalo Wings' would suggest about the animal of origin.
That's more of a problem for specific names for things or sentences.

Buffalo wings for example is actually a specific type of american chicken wings that was coined in Buffalo, New York. In Japanese it'd probably be called Buffalo tebasaki if they were referring to that type specifically.

• Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I actually looked at pictures on google... and went "yep that's a sliced pork roll"... then I went to look up recipes. Looking further at the recipes some of them have chicken meat. Some have a mix of both but all of them use combos of chicken and pork bone to make stock
I only looked at 3 to 4 top search recipes. But hey I don't see why it HAS to have pork in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccxvidonaferens

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hmm my take on Tsuenyo's response is that she is merely disagreeing with Kaori every chance she gets because of her prominent "disfavortism" towards her, and especially when Kaori termed the killing of chickens for food as "sacrifice" because in Tsuenyo's words, they die unwillingly. Perhaps she simply acknowledges that she IS taking lives from living creatures despite having a plausible reason only on human's side. The rest of the slightly dark aspects about lives and everything is I'd say more from her weird personality.

For tori shio, I would say it's exactly because she loves ramen so much that she would not want to ruin even a single bowl due to her inexperience in making such dish (but why she hasn't made one this typical flavor before? maybe she DID dislike chickens after all? have to rewind her earlier events to check this).

I would tick Kirin off the list solely because Prisoner is skippable, as well as the rest of her toxic relationships with Ayane; true that her feeling of being defeated during the science fair would still exist if she didn't barge on that day in the beach hotel, but that feeling would not get to ferment into something this foul (like if you missed Prisoner, Kirin's interaction with Ayane would feel more like a bad friend, in comparison to a despicable scumbag if you didn't miss Prisoner).

But I'd definitely put the hottest boogleman in Kumon-mi, Ms. Sekai Awakara on the suspect list (speaking of which, I feel like the word "tendrils" was once used in describing something/someone prior to this John event but I for the love of god cannot remember if that was true)

LOL I'd imagine Maya being so PISSED if the ultimate secret to everything boils down to some birds. Sensei would be like "hey let's snap some chicken necks to save the world" and she'd be like:
View attachment 2657873
The thing about Tsuneyo is that she mentions killing chickens and birds, but I can't recall her saying she eats them. Her father did, but Tsuneyo seems opposed to even her father's fav ramen. Then again Tsuneyo can talk to birds, and adopted Noodles as her son so maybe eating things she can understand just seems wrong to her.

True about Kirin not becoming as demented if you miss prisoner, but like you said, she still has a problem with Ayane. Traumatizing her through Sensei was just on a whim, so I wouldn't put it past her to do other things if the opportunity comes up. Still, I don't really think she did it.

Tendrils:
Yasu mentions the Tendrils after talking about "the World":
which is virtually guaranteed to be Spirit Sekai, since others have referred to her as "The world" and Sekai can mean World. Yasu also claims it's the last of it's kind.

All of this is from Yasu's and Nodoka's last events. "The River Styx" and "Twisting Ivy" if I recall.

Overall: Spirit Sekai is likely a whole other kind of being than the gods we've known. She's also implied to be involved in the "space war" as the "world" was excited the day Makoto found out her father died.. which, well, doesn't bode well for the future.

Yasu also mentions something I think may be relevant to why Todd died:
Spirit Sekai may have "recycled" Todd to get stronger. Cannibalizing it's own creations.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Does anyone know if the bonus question answer "cute puppy" in the v29 reset is visible in any events other than "lamb legs"(the one that needs the lottery number). This background specifically.
If not I think anyone with a save that has seen "mothers milk" without "lamb legs" is likely to have sel mess with their save again in the future.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes