blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
Well, since I finally started posting I should put all of my thoughts out there. I mean, this was a fucking huge update. So... about Nao-chan, she is definitely an enigma, but here is what we know. Chinami and Tsukasa are 9-10 years old right? and we are specifically told that Nao looks a just a little younger... let's say 8 years old. That's exactly the years since the accident and it's been speculated in here that Sekai was pregnant at the time. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the very early game there's an event where Akira recalls going to a forest to have sex with Sekai against a tree. I think that is the same forest he went with Kaori in this update and the place that this unborn child was conceived, hence why Nao was found in there. Why does she look like an amalgalm of Sekai/Ami, Maya, Yumi, Tsuneyo? No idea, be my guest. Just a thought.

And there's other thing I found baffling: Maya told us that Sensei never made it past more than 3 resets I think. That is a very short time, yet enough for psycho Ami to being unleashed multiple times. Wich begs the question: What happened? What is Sensei doing so "well" this time around to avoid Ami going nuts during so many resets. He's not being subtle in his escapades fucking around and sleeping outside his apartment many nights.... I'm only left to believe that previous iterations of Akira was a total idiot, like going to the classroom and literally flapping his dick around and asking "Hey girls, which one of you want to make peepeee feeels gooood?" (to bring in another great theory in here) obviosuly triggering Ami. I mean what the fuck.

Anyway, shit is about to hit the fan for real this timem there are many threats hanging over their cute little necks. Sensei being given an ultimatum, Amy about to go on a killing spree and of course the biggest threat of them all: there's not much time left before Cockzilla start rampaging the city. You gotta give it to him though, he has the most solid plan so far, just eat his way out of Kumon mi bubble and break the barrier.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi, long time lurker here. I've been enjoying your arguments and theories for a while holding back my urge to join in until now. Basically, because I'm certainly not good at crafting theories, more of an observer, constantly raising questions. It doesn´t help either that english is not my native language so I have to put double the effort in expressing my thoughts. So the time I'll spend here will be mostly sitting on the Dunce Table rather than the Plant Council.

But I said "fuck it" and share some thoughts (embrace yourselves because it's going to be long). We've had two big theories in here recently on why some girls are able to go through resets (pregnancy and being killed by amy), and when I first read about the pregnancy one I feel exactly the same like when I discovered the R+L=J in Game of Thrones, like "yeah! there's no way that's not it". The Ami one is cool, the kind of theory you just want to be truth.

And I feel they are not totally debunked if you combine them: Maya seems to think you gotta be pregnant in every reset to make it to the roof (which doesn't explain her situation, since she is allegedly not carrying a baby or related to Akira), but how about if they need to be pregnant just the first time and then a second condition is met: this being, getting killed by Ami. But since they are pregnant, the child is the sacrifice that allowed them to survive next resets. There have been some talks about sacrifices in the game. Also, Himawari is a external agent and one of the things she might be doing is precisely helping Ayane during the resets.

Now, I always wondered why aren't more girls getting pregnant, Akira is not shy in filling their wombs regularly. So here comes a crazy thought with 0.0001% of holding truth: there are specific resets in which specific girls are "ovulating" and ready to get pregnant. And how do you recognize them? Well, when they find glitches in the matrix... which means now Makoto is ready to be impregnated, something that's being heavily implied that will happen this update. It's a shame my fav girl Yumi missed her chance.

And that's a big reason of why I think Makoto will actually be the first Ami's victim (on screen). There are many other reasons tough:
- Ami always felt threatened by Makoto for some reason, she is identified as her enemy N°1 from the start.
- Makoto tried to kill herself multiple times unsuccesfully. Now, she's trying a different approach, being more relaxed and happy... yeah, that's not how things works in Kumon mi, you are asking for trouble.
- Makoto will be the one acting more suspiciously out of character this loop.
- She is doing tehrapy with Ami and even tough she's not stupid to outing herself, Ami will have many opportunities of reading her for the slightest slip of the tongue.
- She will spend a lot of time with the "traitors" Maya and Ayane. Ami will feel particularly aggravated by this betrayal since she is the one that helped her through the bad times.
- The girl killed must be "in the know", what's the point of killing an unsuspecting girl like Chika? I think Ami will try to erase someone that is actively trying to break the cycle.
- And well, if it does happen, would be the perfect oportunity to test all of our theories.
I do think it's a possibility, but there is one flaw: Ami hasn't become Psycho Ami until now, in this timeline, yet Ayane has made it to the roof twice already since she was pregnant.

Unless Ami somehow went Psycho in the background without anyone noticing just to kill Ayane after her pregnancy, it doesn't really hold up that she could have killed her to send her to the roof.

Not to mention sending someone to the roof is likely the opposite of what Psycho Ami would like. It breaks the illusion by default. If anything, Ami being involved at all in sending someone to the roof would be ironic.

Now, if The Shapeshifter/Himawari is involved in how Ayane made it to the roof, that would be interesting. Might need to pay more attention to her. I wish I knew what her "rules" actually are.

I do think Makoto has a high chance of getting Psycho Ami'd though. Logically she's the only one that Psycho Ami knows for sure, knows, about the resets, since Makoto told her and started this apparently.

Well, since I finally started posting I should put all of my thoughts out there. I mean, this was a fucking huge update. So... about Nao-chan, she is definitely an enigma, but here is what we know. Chinami and Tsukasa are 9-10 years old right? and we are specifically told that Nao looks a just a little younger... let's say 8 years old. That's exactly the years since the accident and it's been speculated in here that Sekai was pregnant at the time. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the very early game there's an event where Akira recalls going to a forest to have sex with Sekai against a tree. I think that is the same forest he went with Kaori in this update and the place that this unborn child was conceived, hence why Nao was found in there. Why does she look like an amalgalm of Sekai/Ami, Maya, Yumi, Tsuneyo? No idea, be my guest. Just a thought.

And there's other thing I found baffling: Maya told us that Sensei never made it past more than 3 resets I think. That is a very short time, yet enough for psycho Ami to being unleashed multiple times. Wich begs the question: What happened? What is Sensei doing so "well" this time around to avoid Ami going nuts during so many resets. He's not being subtle in his escapades fucking around and sleeping outside his apartment many nights.... I'm only left to believe that previous iterations of Akira was a total idiot, like going to the classroom and literally flapping his dick around and asking "Hey girls, which one of you want to make peepeee feeels gooood?" (to bring in another great theory in here) obviosuly triggering Ami. I mean what the fuck.

Anyway, shit is about to hit the fan for real this timem there are many threats hanging over their cute little necks. Sensei being given an ultimatum, Amy about to go on a killing spree and of course the biggest threat of them all: there's not much time left before Cockzilla start rampaging the city. You gotta give it to him though, he has the most solid plan so far, just eat his way out of Kumon mi bubble and break the barrier.
I do think Nao-Chan could be the "Dream Baby" that's been mentioned a few times. For all we know, Sekai was pregnant with Sensei's kid when the accident occured, meaning he not only lost his first love, but his first child. Something or perhaps Spirit Sekai could have created Nao-Chan, as some sort of replacement for the child she lost. Then again it's likely too early to tell how Nao-chan will come into play.

Also, Maya notes that Psycho Ami only came about due to things she's done wrong:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think this implies she tried to tell Ami about the resets more than once in the past, which led to her going Psycho in those timelines, and only after a few resets did she realize telling her is what caused the transformation.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
As Maya's opened up, we're learning that a lot of the aborted attempts are her own fault. Some Akiras broke because she got too horny with him too soon, some ended in Psycho Ami because Maya tried telling her about the resets. It's not that Akira's finally doing things right, it's that Maya's figured out which mistakes to not make.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

sadly i now lean towards the 'love gets you there' theory
I dont think the ami kills you theory is fully discredited but needs to be put up on a shelf till what maya said can be fully dissected by more events since she never used the word 'kill' directly
pregnancy theory i didnt think held any water when it even first came out. felt like gaslighting attempts to me
love hearing your thoughts though

'love' gets you there theory
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
The other theory I had besides ami killing people to get there... was that emotion love was involved. Not crushing or admiration or infatuation or lust. But when a girl fully falls in love with him, all of him, even the bad shit. The kind of love that's often really beautiful but also really toxic. But I hated this theory cause it was too mushy and didn't have enough girls getting stabbed by yandere nieces
notice them?
i meant survive them, to get to the roof itself and not vanish
just noticing the reset could be a lot of things, they are just aware, they moved a little bit closer to loving him but not actually loving him yet, learning to accept a dark awful part of sensei and choosing to keep interacting with him and not hating him for it. (which both yumi and tsuneyo did and what makoto is currently doing) all of these are steps to this form of 'love' in all its toxicity and beauty
edit:
i still dont like this one... not enough stabbing damn it, will admit my problem with it is more a personal issue than a flaw in it
and the horrible twisted reason why sensei isn't reset and makes it to the roof is .... he fully accepted and loves the worst parts of himself and when that level of narcissistic love gets shattered, he resets, he is regularly called a narcissist too and this explains why some sensei's made it through a few resets according to maya
considering the name of the game too :whistle:
it fits disturbingly well...
edit:
added a bit to this and cleaned it up some
its when his narcissistic self love gets shattered by the memories of the shit he did and there consequences he gets reset is my guess.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
With you guys regularly posting new screenshots i think it's pretty safe for me to expect camaraderie in getting sick of just how fucking long the game takes to load these days, i timed it once, 37 seconds on my computer. I wouldn't trust Selly's coding skills to break the game up into 2+ parts but man, it's only going to get worse and worse over time.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
With you guys regularly posting new screenshots i think it's pretty safe for me to expect camaraderie in getting sick of just how fucking long the game takes to load these days, i timed it once, 37 seconds on my computer. I wouldn't trust Selly's coding skills to break the game up into 2+ parts but man, it's only going to get worse and worse over time.
I only noticed that after the drm got put in... stupid crap that it is

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's even longer for me, probably due to being on an external drive.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I like to think I'm rather patient, but in the past, the game has taken like 3+ minutes to load for me. Nowadays its just around a minute or less, so I'm grateful. Not sure if it's the game's fault or simply my system but those days were a little rough.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Why does she look like an amalgalm of Sekai/Ami, Maya, Yumi, Tsuneyo?
To tell the truth, i don't think she does. And even if she is, you definetly can describe any girl in terms of other girls.

I think she might be just untitled child, heavily mentioned before (Second Sun, Untitled, evenTick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock)

And there's other thing I found baffling: Maya told us that Sensei never made it past more than 3 resets I think. That is a very short time, yet enough for psycho Ami to being unleashed multiple times. Wich begs the question: What happened?
It is that hard to hurt girl who loves you in 4 to 12 months even unintentionaly for bunch of Senseis? Or intentionaly, why not
What is Sensei doing so "well" this time around to avoid Ami going nuts during so many resets
It is same question as "What is Sensei doing so "well" this time around to avoid being reset". Being game protagonist implies you are unique and lucky. Maya was there so long, she didn't even remember how much cicles it was. There is no reason to think that mad Ami is main reason of Sensei's reset.

Also I should mention that Maya does a lot of stuff to help Sense. It should be main thing that changes between resets. Despite Maya wants to think that this version of Sensei is only real version, memory reset is still a memory reset and can explain everything.

I have some thoughs about Maya's personality which can explain a bit why didn't she mentioned postal ami earlier. Imagine you lived thouthands years but you brain is the same as now. How would you remember things? The only way of keeping all this information is to transform you memories into facts and facts into conclusions. You would not access your memories and facts as much as conclusions futher so they would be harder to remember. While you stay in cicling pattern, you would also transform you conclusions into a patterns. Like "I have to protect Ami from understanding what's going on so i am doing this and this. And never ever directly tell her about resets". If she is good and cicles are not so long, she might haven't seen mad ami for centuries. Then, if you are Maya, you should think how would this knowlenge impact the world.
So it's OK that she cannot remember enough to explain herself when she asked. Memory is limited

It's even longer for me, probably due to being on an external drive.
Game loads all scripts on startup and there are tons of scripts. Not an RenPy expert, but it looks like engine and only engiine related problems

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
As Maya's opened up, we're learning that a lot of the aborted attempts are her own fault. Some Akiras broke because she got too horny with him too soon, some ended in Psycho Ami because Maya tried telling her about the resets. It's not that Akira's finally doing things right, it's that Maya's figured out which mistakes to not make.
Right I see, it was Maya's fault. Not sure if she learned a lot though, not being clearer with Ayane was fucking stupid. It's her first reset, of course she would try to bring Ami on their side. That being said, it's more of Selly's fault, make a character looks stupid just for plot purposes. I hate when that happens.

On another note, what about the resets when Ami wasn't respawned? Maya said there were a few and each one of them was awful (I can just imagine). How would this world work without its "creator"?

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Nay, it took about 15 secs to load here, and another renpy game, that is about 10gb larger, took about 10 secs to load.
As far as I remember, Selebus did much work to reduce assets size, so comparing just entire game size is meaningless.

Lessons in love contains 259289 lines of scripts

Reactions: Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
was there any happy event or happyish event that had nodoka and ayane together?
I dont think so
or i guess ayane and kirin
(cause of daisy's hair)
trying to draw a connecting point in origins to daisy and nao

Last edited:

ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.30.0

IMPORTANT Instructions:
1. Download the APK:
* Pixeldrain
* <Mega>
Size 328 MiB
2. Install the apk and run it once.

If you are upgrading and you already have the RPA file you can stop here.

3. Download the RPA file:
* Pixeldrain
* <Mega>
4. Move the RPA file to the game directory on your phone:
* Documents/Renpy_Saves/com.estrada777.lessonsinlove/game
* The file MUST be named: archive.0.27.rpa
5. Restart the game and enjoy.
Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
0.31 update plox

• Angry
Reactions: estrada777

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Lessons in love contains 259289 lines of scripts
Yeah, see, it's that that i think slows the game right down, not file size, who here hasn't noticed if you bin a 5 gig file and empty the recycling bin it can go a hell of a lot faster then deleting a 50mb folder that contains a half a bazillion tiny files in it? It's not the file size the determines the loading/deleting speed but the share number of individual segments that need to be processed in sequence.

Reactions: crustlord12

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah, see, it's that that i think slows the game right down, not file size, who here hasn't noticed if you bin a 5 gig file and empty the recycling bin it can go a hell of a lot faster then deleting a 50mb folder that contains a half a bazillion tiny files in it? It's not the file size the determines the loading/deleting speed but the share number of individual segments that need to be processed in sequence.
turn off your internet connection and try opening it and compare the start up time

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes