butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
According to Maya, anyone can reset the world. So, I don't think it's referring to that.

The "dwindling, finite numbers" part makes me think it's also not the Rooftop Squad, because it's not dwindling. It's increasing.

It could be referring to the other Mayas. Like Amiokay Maya, Long Maya, Moyo, the other Mayas that showed up in Second Sun, etc. Perhaps the Maya that wrote the MM note on Sensei's wall.
Sorry, by "people who can reset like Maya" I mean like "patient zero" Maya, people who've been surviving through resets since the beginning that we aren't aware of. And I highly doubt Maya actually knows how to reset a world, she probably just have a feel for when it is coming, that's why she said that anybody could do it. Plus Yasu said that Maya could guide others to places and I can't think of any other thing that could imply other than the resets.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
We ALL want to know :p
she is literally moving stuff from her dorm to the school
I imagine its mainly survival things for resets and snacks... she has waited there longer than 3 weeks before
that being said it is also probably a mix of other things

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
I've been thinking what could be the relation between Nao-chan and the Nao from the Library who Sensei perceives as fear itself. So here I come with another theory straight out of my ass. Mind you, I'm not even endorsing it 100%, just having fun.

Akira was not always opposed to having kids, when he finds out Sekai is pregnant of his child he's actually looking forward to it. But there's a problem: his brother. The one who has everything he wants, the woman she loves and, if he doesn't do anything, will have his first child too. That is Akira's biggest fear, Nao.

There is where he draws the line and decides to kill his brother (not an uncommon scenario in here). It's confirmed he's been part of the accident, maybe even driving (does anyone recollect any dialog stating Sensei had a licence in the past? could be a clue), no idea how it went exactly. But he leaving unscathed from it is extremely suspicious.

Things go wrong and Sekai dies along Nao. In a cruel turn of events Akira is the one who ends fathering the other's child. Now Nozomu seeks revenge, he wants Akira to impregnate all the girls only to strip him from them. Send them to another plane of existence to work for the Gods.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I've been thinking what could be the relation between Nao-chan and the Nao from the Library who Sensei perceives as fear itself. So here I come with another theory straight out of my ass. Mind you, I'm not even endorsing it 100%, just having fun.

Akira was not always opposed to having kids, when he finds out Sekai is pregnant of his child he's actually looking forward to it. But there's a problem: his brother. The one who has everything he wants, the woman she loves and, if he doesn't do anything, will have his first child too. That is Akira's biggest fear, Nao.

There is where he draws the line and decides to kill his brother (not an uncommon scenario in here). It's confirmed he's been part of the accident, maybe even driving (does anyone recollect any dialog stating Sensei had a licence in the past? could be a clue), no idea how it went exactly. But he leaving unscathed from it is extremely suspicious.

Things go wrong and Sekai dies along Nao. In a cruel turn of events Akira is the one who ends fathering the other's child. Now Nozomu seeks revenge, he wants Akira to impregnate all the girls only to strip him from them. Send them to another plane of existence to work for the Gods.
IIRC, in one of the last two updates, Akira explicitly states that he doesn't know how to drive.

This doesn't negate the possibility that he was driving during the accident, but it does recontextualize things. Like maybe Sekai was in labor, Nozomu was out screwing around, so Akira had to be the one to drive her to the hospital, and not knowing how to drive got into an accident.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

pretty sure there was an event that stated nozumu was driving and his wife was a passenger.
dont think sensei was anywhere near the accident but he very well could have caused it with a simple cut of the brake line

derekthered56

May 30, 2018

It's a pretty boneheaded murder plot for Sekai to be anywhere near a planned accident. But moreover it's a bit weird that Sekai wouldn't have mentioned it by now, even cryptically. Maybe she's screwed up enough to not have hard feelings over being murdered, but I think she'd at least say something.
Unless she has alluded to it and it just whizzed by my head.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
This doesn't negate the possibility that he was driving during the accident, but it does recontextualize things. Like maybe Sekai was in labor, Nozomu was out screwing around, so Akira had to be the one to drive her to the hospital, and not knowing how to drive got into an accident.
How does Nozomu die in that scenario?
Anyway, the "theory" has many flaws obviously. I should rewatch the Kaori events but I got the impression that it's telling us that Akira was at least present in the accident's place. Could be wrong though, a lot of stuff happened and did not replay a single event.

Reactions: crustlord12

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
It's a pretty boneheaded murder plot for Sekai to be anywhere near a planned accident. But moreover it's a bit weird that Sekai wouldn't have mentioned it by now, even cryptically. Maybe she's screwed up enough to not have hard feelings over being murdered, but I think she'd at least say something.
Unless she has alluded to it and it just whizzed by my head.
had similar thought but didnt want to insult him by going
"so... his master plan was to drive both his brother and the women he loved who was supposedly pregnant(no conclusive evidence for yet btw) with his kid off the road into a crowded area with tons of unrelated causalities potentially killing all of them in order to only kill his brother...this is genius and easily trumps sex makes peepee feel good theory"
edit:
I'm more inclined to believe he cut his brothers brake line, then called him and told him he needed to get somewhere to do X thing away from the town and possible human causalities and then called sekai telling her she needed to go do y thing in town in the opposite direction to ensure they are not in he same car but nozumu does something unexpected and offers to drive and drop her off before heading out resulting in a car crash in the middle of the city killing tons of people
I mean we dont have any evidence akira did anything yet
so akira is a murderer theory i just keep up on my shelf of possible but not probable atm yet theories

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Sorry, by "people who can reset like Maya" I mean like "patient zero" Maya, people who've been surviving through resets since the beginning that we aren't aware of. And I highly doubt Maya actually knows how to reset a world, she probably just have a feel for when it is coming, that's why she said that anybody could do it. Plus Yasu said that Maya could guide others to places and I can't think of any other thing that could imply other than the resets.
Well, there could be others. Tsuneyo for example seems nearly unaffected by the resets at times.

Maya also apparently prays to a god to reset the world, then hopes for the best.

As for other things it can imply, it's been mentioned that birds can go to other planes, there's some kind of afterlife plane, and there's also things like "The bottom of everything", the Upside Down House, and that abandoned school beyond Kumon-mi where time flows differently, which seem like other planes of reality. Even Yasu's church seems to be in another reality based off how Yasu mentioned it looks boarded up and abandoned to others, besides those allowed to see it. Who knows what Maya can actually do, and where she can guide others if she wants.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
had similar thought but didnt want to insult him by going
"so... his master plan was to drive both his brother and the women he loved who was supposedly pregnant(no conclusive evidence for yet btw) with his kid off the road into a crowded area with tons of unrelated causalities potentially killing all of them in order to only kill his brother...this is genius and easily trumps sex makes peepee feel good theory"
edit:
I'm more inclined to believe he cut his brothers brake line, then called him and told him he needed to get somewhere to do X thing away from the town and possible human causalities and then called sekai telling her she needed to go do y thing in town in the opposite direction to ensure they are not in he same car but nozumu does something unexpected and offers to drive and drop her off before heading out resulting in a car crash in the middle of the cty killing tons of people
Well for a start, I was thinking Akira would assume Sekai was not going to be in the car at that moment obviously. Anyway, just a brainfart and posting without reading twice. Moving on.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
pretty sure there was an event that stated nozumu was driving and his wife was a passenger.
dont think sensei was anywhere near the accident but he very well could have caused it with a simple cut of the brake line
He has explicit flashbacks to pulling Sekai out of the wreckage and a fear of being a passenger in a car that's clearly articulated at multiple points in chapter 3. He was absolutely in the car when the accident happened.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
I thought that maybe Maya's boxes are full of clocks. Like, you know, for the room with clocks. That's why these boxes are so heavy. And I think Ayane half-jokingly mentions to sensei that there is a secret room in the school in the early game iirc

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I thought that maybe Maya's boxes are full of clocks. Like, you know, for the room with clocks. That's why these boxes are so heavy. And I think Ayane half-jokingly mentions to sensei that there is a secret room in the school in the early game iirc
Have you carried 3 weeks worth of bottled water all at once? Shit gets heavy quick.

Reactions: KnowNoHope

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
He has explicit flashbacks to pulling Sekai out of the wreckage and a fear of being a passenger in a car that's clearly articulated at multiple points in chapter 3. He was absolutely in the car when the accident happened.
which events are these?
the fear of being in cars yes he has expressed this but given no reason for it other than thats how sekai and nozumu died. nor have we had a flashback of that yet that i am aware of, just a bunch of toy car cameo's with little context

SadCoomer

Sep 26, 2020
I think Akira was present at the time of the accident (either inside of the car or outside), mainly because of this Niki scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They're at the side of a road, and she says that "his world was ripped away from him". I can't interpret it any other way. Maybe he could have come to the scene of the accident after it already happened, called by the cops or something, but the tone of the event makes me think that it was a really big shock for him. And knowing this game it will always try to go for maximum trauma

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Have you carried 3 weeks worth of bottled water all at once? Shit gets heavy quick.
I mean that amount of water would probably take too much of a space inside of small box so that a black hole will spawn.
The clocks, however, if made out of metal will be heavy and stacked on top of each other inside could fit pretty well I think

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes