trdx

Aug 10, 2018
The winners of the latest dorm poll are Ami & Maya by a very narrow 2-vote victory! As such, Dorm Room 5 will open in patch 0.3.0. Previews of the room are available !

Just like last time, each girl will have 4 new personal events added to the game.

Patch 0.3.0 launches for all $5 patrons on 5/1 and everyone else on 5/15!
Can you explain the Patreon tiers a bit better, please? What exactly are 1/2/5 tiers doing, especially in terms of release dates? Is there actually a difference between $1 and $2 tiers? It says 2 weeks earlier, but isn't this the same date as "public release"? Also, is the first release finished or some kind of beta version? Is the public release the same as beta version?

One other thing, regarding the 4th wall breaking "clues"... there are few parts of the game that are a bit of a concern, suggesting that there might be some depressing revelations and possibly tragic events happening in the future. Are there any plans for this? One example was something mentioning being violent or even killing a girl (at least I understood it that way, don't remember in detail) and just in general there is a vibe that this is just imagination of a mental patient, maybe following a dark traumatic past.
What is your view on the story arc of Acting Lessons?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Can you explain the Patreon tiers a bit better, please?
Hey! Ignore those tiers for right now as I totally forgot to revise the $2 and $5 ones. I realized a 4 week wait time was a bit much so the new breakdown is:

$1 - Only unlocks hidden Patreon posts
$2 - Allows you vote in polls
$5 - Two weeks early release and your name in the about section of the game

(EDIT: Patreon is now revised to reflect the above)

The current version of the game on F95 is no different than the one Patrons currently have. I wouldn’t say it’s a beta or anything like that, but I will say there are still new systems I plan on including as the game progresses.

As for the second part of your post, I actually haven’t played Acting Lessons so I can’t really speak to the story of that. But, without spoiling anything, I will say that there is A LOT still to be uncovered in this game. I’m a writer before anything else, so it’s very important for me to follow through on my vision, even if that vision might depress or horrify certain people. Alluding to the darkness in the background of everything is just one mechanism to help ‘warm people up’ so to speak. The next patch contains more hints at the underlying world than anything else so far, but I don’t think I want to divulge exactly HOW dark and/or depressing things will get at this point in time. Just want everyone to grow with the characters for now, as their stories are just as important as the main one.

Last edited:

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
I hope you like it!!
its almost done downloading ill report back with my thoughts after i give it a go. i will say that the horror tag has me a bit skeptical though.
edit: just started it and will say really like the main menu design. good choice on the photo i think.
also that into is good and hits close to home lol

Last edited:

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
The horror stuff is mostly hidden right now and you need to find it ;) Some people have posted how to unlock those scenes somewhere in these comments, hahaha
well 5 hours later and i can say i loved every second of it. the girls have great personality and i cant wait to see how they develop as time goes on, definitely watching this to see how it progresses.

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
Just finished everything the current build has after coming across the game a few days ago. I really like the characters and loved the bits of "noise" added in here in there to show that something isn't quite right.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I look forward to more. Nicely done so far.

Casseh

May 12, 2018
Just finished everything the current build has after coming across the game a few days ago. I really like the characters and loved the bits of "noise" added in here in there to show that something isn't quite right.

I look forward to more. Nicely done so far.
Silent Hill vibes? Now you're making me wanna come back from my vacations and play the game lmao

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
Silent Hill vibes? Now you're making me wanna come back from my vacations and play the game lmao
Yeah, without spoiling anything, taking the opening into consideration while seeing the secret scenes made me think of Silent Hill and some of the themes present in that series. That said, it's still super early so I could be way off. Certainly has me hooked regardless.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
im undecided if its like the coma adventure kid series from the 90s or like paprika/the cell, but the protag is definitely in a coma

Reactions: Artyom Reaper

Artyom Reaper

Sep 19, 2018
im undecided if its like the coma adventure kid series from the 90s or like paprika/the cell, but the protag is definitely in a coma
What did you derive that from? It makes sense if you think about some of the more nonsensical stuff. I got the feeling that he possessed the new body. If you look at his eyes in 2.0, since we barely got to see his face before then (which I kind of preferred tbh, but that's just a preference), his eyes are like in a daze or like he's being mind-controlled. Honestly, when I first noticed the swirls in his eyes I was kind of taken aback. It kind of explains why Maya caught on so quickly though and why she doesn't like him, cause she can see that he's just possessing the body. There definitely is something weird going on with the school, a coma might explain that though. It seems like too simple of an answer though, I mean the smell of "burnt skin in the boiler room." Or, the fact that at one point it says that there's something underneath the school? Unless maybe he knew the girls before he took over this body and they got into a bus accident or something and the author is doing a Little Busters-type of thing. It definitely has a supernatural feel and considering only the MC takes note to any of the weird shit going on it may have to do that he took over a living person's body? Idk what to make of it, the author was really smart to make it so vague and add so many hints without really giving ANYTHING away lmao. My theory is that there's a bunch of people dead under the school or something, maybe it has something to do with the war or something along those lines. The thing that caught me off guard real bad too was the notebook thing. I've been trying to wrap my head around that the most.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
My theory is that there's a bunch of people dead under the school or something, maybe it has something to do with the war or something along those lines.
that reminded me of yukito's space war doujinshi where the narrator is conscripted and his brain put in an assauolt robot. he's supposed to be subdued with pharmaceutics but his tank is damaged and he wakes up from the daze, continueing to fight ferociously and finds out he's attacking a cold sleep storage.

What did you derive that from? It makes sense if you think about some of the more nonsensical stuff
the game starts with the player trying to commit suicide by jumping from the roof.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Enjoying the game so far. What's the bgm that plays when you talk with Yumi at night? It's a really nice song
Hey! I'm really glad you like it! I believe that song is "Blue Air" by Abstract Hope/BungakuSeinen. Link to his site

Reactions: Cwhite
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes