DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Aside from offering a glimpse to Yasu's past, there is something intriguing about how An Apple Each Day played out.

Two things happen: Yasu going over her own trip to the past care package, and Sensei losing connection to what Touka has to say.

What I think is intriguing is how orthogonal these two things can be, plus the unclear purpose of the divine intervention in the event (as if other divine purposes were ever clear), followed by the feeling that this event feels like to be pretty up for the readers and not for Sensei.

First, Yasu's flashback clearly is something only happened to her. Whether this kind of thing happened to her on a regular basis or not is unknown, but this isn't something that takes place so that Sensei could learn more about Yasu.

Next, Sensei didn't blackout. This isn't like those [redacted] where sensitive information is blocked by Sensei's mind; this time he more or less just kinda lost his hearing to specific parts of Touka's words, and he actively notices that as well.

What I think is intriguing is that since I don't believe Touka is lore-equipped enough to have something earth-shattering/world-breaking to say, and the fact that Sensei didn't blackout and didn't go through those flashbacks with Yasu, it isn't his connection being severed or his consciousness being redirected, it really is the readers'. It's ours (and somehow Sensei get affected by missing some parts of the conversation). But what in-game purpose is there? Yaus going crazy by her own terms from time to time, fine; but why blocking Sensei from keeping his conversation with Touka going?

Anyway, the whole thing feels like a LiL-style MEANWHILE screen transition from Sensei's perspective to Yasu's perspective. But I might just be nitpicking on how scenes play out, and there might not be a deep reason behind it.
I think Sensei is connected to us most of the time, but when we see events he's not around for, he can sometimes get confused which leads to hearing loss or instability as we disconnect from him to see those events.

It's been hinted quite a bit, that Sensei isn't really the only playable character around. Whether it's Sara's event where we are literally told we're not as special as we think, Nao telling Sensei he's not even a puzzle piece, or stuff like Long Maya noting that there's been others on the show that were seemingly female:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sensei seems to just be the more popular character at the moment, possibly due to us, and thinks everything revolves around him. I mean he seemed to just fail reset after reset, before we came along, so he's not all that special without us around.

Now, he just needs to feed us everyone he loves and we might let things end well for him. Gods gotta god afterall.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Since everyone's sharing their theories,
Welp, you were right about it showing up in Noriko's invite thing:
It is virtually guaranteed to be "The Old One", and it wants more friends..

Last edited:

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Welp, you were right about it showing up in Noriko's invite thing:
It is virtually guaranteed to be "The Old One", and it wants more friends..
"Please unwind your latest leaves,
Hidden smiles in paper sleeves,
A god among the rightful thieves
Laughs quietly beneath the eaves

Who listens when the forest won't
Who leaps the logs when leapers won't

Who speaks to me inside my home
Who cries in that concerning tone

The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane"

the font color on that background is almost as horrifying as the monster and almost hurt my eyes the same deal
but it kind of points in the same direction as what I was talking about, mostly that last sentence, IMO

Reactions: DeSkel15

dantarium

Jul 25, 2020
Is there a way to have that black box for the game dialog to come back?

reading it the normal way really hurts my eyes

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
On top of that, there's how Moyo can't seem to speak without damaging others, and how Nao-chan can't seem to speak at all:[/SPOILER]
I was imagining Nao would sound like that IAMYOU from Mother's Milk if she speaks, but gonna put Moyo voice line as a candidate

Hopefully, I mean we did seem to summon it then ignore it to finger Noriko.

Wait, did we cuck the old one? Lmao.
ok cucking it sounds way more preferrable because at the time, I thought things were more like summoning the Old Ones into that event successfully and it proceeded to suck you off through Ami (UGH get away from my penis you Lovecraftian monster!)

• Haha
Reactions: DeSkel15

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
"Please unwind your latest leaves,
Hidden smiles in paper sleeves,
A god among the rightful thieves
Laughs quietly beneath the eaves

Who listens when the forest won't
Who leaps the logs when leapers won't

Who speaks to me inside my home
Who cries in that concerning tone

The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane"

the font color on that background is almost as horrifying as the monster and almost hurt my eyes the same deal
but it kind of points in the same direction as what I was talking about, mostly that last sentence, IMO
But the old one isn't "The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane", he's the one who cries that in that concerning tone. The other poem refers to it as a he.
Personally its design makes me think it's supposed to be Akira: a predator with tendrils latching onto children. The other poem kinda fits; his lifespan is forever, he is trapped and we must save him, he is misunderstood and only wants more friends. The fact that Akira meets him should disprove that idea, but honestly Akira having a weird monster doppelganger of himself chasing him wouldn't phase me at all.
And that was after Sensei tried to cheat on Ami, Chika, Niki, etc, with Noriko. Sensei is such an asshole lmao.
Cheating on Niki with her sister is one of the worst things Akira has done so far, considering that the last break in their relationship nearly drove her to suicide.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
In Yasu's event "Hand of God" these parts really made me fear for the future of the story:
Because that sounds like a half loaded computer game and if that is true I will be very disapointed in Seleboy.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
In Yasu's event "Hand of God" these parts really made me fear for the future of the story:
Because that sounds like a half loaded computer game and if that is true I will be very disapointed in Seleboy.
It's been heavily implied that the world is a simulation and most people seem to ignore it, probably because it would be very disappointing like you said. Also Maya's fear room event seems to imply she is aware if it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
Hey, so I have a question.
Curremtly on 0.32 and with URM installed, I went back to check out some replays. While doing that, I noticed there's a variable called "bonus" and that if it's off, the sex talk on most events is replaced with something more... wholesome?
So that got me wondering, what's up with that? Is there a PG-13 version of the game I don't know about or is it just a silly thing for replays only? Would it be possible to start a new game, set this bonus to false and then play a whole different experience? Is that what it's there for? I'm kind of confused

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Hey, so I have a question.
Curremtly on 0.32 and with URM installed, I went back to check out some replays. While doing that, I noticed there's a variable called "bonus" and that if it's off, the sex talk on most events is replaced with something more... wholesome?
So that got me wondering, what's up with that? Is there a PG-13 version of the game I don't know about or is it just a silly thing for replays only? Would it be possible to start a new game, set this bonus to false and then play a whole different experience? Is that what it's there for? I'm kind of confused
This was dev's counter measure toward Patreon policy back then to make every character 18+, and more elusive about the sex part. This PG-13 version, The Legend of the Huggy Boy, has been discontinued after his game eventually got taken down by the site, so it does not have anything to do with your LiL experience (essentially unimportant legacy content now)

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
This was dev's counter measure toward Patreon policy back then to make every character 18+, and more elusive about the sex part. This PG-13 version, The Legend of the Huggy Boy, has been discontinued after his game eventually got taken down by the site, so it does not have anything to do with your LiL experience (essentially unimportant legacy content now)
I see. Thank you

Reactions: fdsasdf_p
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes