JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Lol, yes, but there's a natural follow question here... why the fuck do both of us play a game that assaults our tenuous grasp on reality with existential philosophy and reality twisting mental fuckery... talk about insanity on top of insanity... i'm trying to maintain the illusion of sanity just to get by and this game is like heroin to an addict trying to stay clean. Doki doki messed me up for weeks and i swore to stay away from the denpa genre ever after... evidently i've failed and this game is never going to end and thus i will never escape it...
There is no exit. We are sorry. Please remain here forever. Thre is no reason to leave in a first place

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Lol, yes, but there's a natural follow question here... why the fuck do both of us play a game that assaults our tenuous grasp on reality with existential philosophy and reality twisting mental fuckery... talk about insanity on top of insanity... i'm trying to maintain the illusion of sanity just to get by and this game is like heroin to an addict trying to stay clean. Doki doki messed me up for weeks and i swore to stay away from the denpa genre ever after... evidently i've failed and this game is never going to end and thus i will never escape it...
I think this might be where we are different.. see, to me, there is no sanity clause.

One of my fav monologues is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The illusion of sanity is more of a flavor than a desire to me, I suppose. I find the illusion of insanity just as entertaining.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Totally random, but I just realized that people on the "Good Uncle" route only, might not know that Ami watched her parents die:
You're welcome "Good Uncles". Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
There's no specific evidence to add to this but given that, my operating theory is everyone was in the car and Akira and Ami were in the back, the front was beyond fucked and those two watched the other two die/bleed out or had to stare at their mangled corpses until they were cut out from the car. That's the level of horror i think it would take to fuck them both up so much, plus, what are the chances Akira was just walking down the same street when it happened? Guess he could've been waiting to get picked up, i forget if the text said he was in a specific spot anywhere in the game but i recall something about twisted metal. Either way, i believe he was there if he wasn't in the back seat with Ami.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
There's no specific evidence to add to this but given that, my operating theory is everyone was in the car and Akira and Ami were in the back, the front was beyond fucked and those two watched the other two die/bleed out or had to stare at their mangled corpses until they were cut out from the car. That's the level of horror i think it would take to fuck them both up so much, plus, what are the chances Akira was just walking down the same street when it happened? Guess he could've been waiting to get picked up, i forget if the text said he was in a specific spot anywhere in the game but i recall something about twisted metal. Either way, i believe he was there if he wasn't in the back seat with Ami.
After 'First Contact', I think it's reasonable to say that Sensei and Ami were in the back seat when the accident happened. Sensei alluded to looking out the windows at a moon in a moving car:
and that it crashed into a wall:
This might explain the Walls of Kumon-mi and why the Moon grows and strangely shows up at times.

Also just a theory, but Nozomu may have burned to death becoming a ball of light, while Sekai got mangled to the point she looked like a tree with roots of wire. This may also have caused Sensei to lose it a bit to the point he started hearing a concerned voice, which may have actually been Ami trying to make sure he was okay. Which is where the ideas behind Sensei's three gods come from.

Could be wrong though. His thoughts in 'First Contact' were interesting nevertheless.

Last edited:

dantarium

Jul 25, 2020
Guess he could've been waiting to get picked up, i forget if the text said he was in a specific spot anywhere in the game but i recall something about twisted metal.
IIRC he said he pulled Sekais body from the "twisted metal" in one of the events after the beach

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
But the old one isn't "The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane", he's the one who cries that in that concerning tone. The other poem refers to it as a he.
Personally its design makes me think it's supposed to be Akira: a predator with tendrils latching onto children. The other poem kinda fits; his lifespan is forever, he is trapped and we must save him, he is misunderstood and only wants more friends. The fact that Akira meets him should disprove that idea, but honestly Akira having a weird monster doppelganger of himself chasing him wouldn't phase me at all.
I don't think the 'he' or 'she' matters that much in this situation, but I do agree that the design thematically makes sense to be Akira with what you said

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I'm caught wondering if Sekai actually cares about Akira, in "Worry Not, The Mason Jar" she seens genuinely worried about him.

• Thinking Face

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
Forming an idea of how the accident occurred remains ground for speculation. Even the the little tidbits of information we have are confusing to me. Let's see:
But alas:
Anyway, I find this important because wheter Sekai was in a car or the other would help to put some theories to sleep for good, and narrow down our speculations a bit, something that is really necessary at this point

Last edited:

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Forming an idea of how the accident occurred remains ground for speculation. Even the the little tidbits of information we have are confusing to me. Let's see:
But alas:
Anyway, I find this important because wheter Sekai was in a car or the other would help to put some theories to sleep for good, and narrow down our speculations a bit, something that is really necessary at this point
I think that last one is a bit... misleading? I think it's from the first reset and also that it's heavily implied later on that they were in a car, so i don't think they were ran over. I can see them being in the yellow car and t-boning the white car being the case

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
I think that last one is a bit... misleading? I think it's from the first reset and also that it's heavily implied later on that they were in a car, so i don't think they were ran over. I can see them being in the yellow car and t-boning the white car being the case
Yes, that was always my first impression, but I found it after replaying the early events and had to point it out. Now that you say that, it seems there's a language barrier to me here: what Sensei says can only being interpreted as a transeunt getting hit by a car and not getting run over while being in a car too?

Reactions: saerav

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't get to use this nearly as much as I'd like to.
IIRC he said he pulled Sekais body from the "twisted metal" in one of the events after the beach
Back in the 'Mysterious abundance of chickens', the Narrator says:
"You kneel down and remove strips of steel from her body."

It also mentions "The screech of tires", and "You saw it all. You see it all.", so it definitely seems to be alluding to the car accident and Sensei being there for it.
I'm caught wondering if Sekai actually cares about Akira, in "Worry Not, The Mason Jar" she seens genuinely worried about him.
Sekai has seemed to claim that Sensei is the one she loved most before Ami:
I think Sekai genuinely cares about Sensei. Just in a way that didn't stop her from traumatizing and using him.
But alas:
I do think the yellow car is connected to Sekai, but I don't think we should take the "run over by a car" thing too seriously. That was Sensei during the first reset, in the 'Reset' main event, and he likely didn't know anything beyond there being a car accident that killed her parents, and on top of that, he was delirious.

Still, that could have been what happened and the other stuff is actually meant to be misleading. Of course, it could also mean that her parents ended up underneath their car in the wreck or something. I can't wait until the game clarifies on what happened. It's been years in the making.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I feel like the forum is starting to affect our tenuous grasp on reality as much as the game itself.
What people talk about when it comes to other games:

What people talk about when it comes to this game:

Edit: Oh, and also this, of course:

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes