DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Or maybe the father to all 35 of them. Kinda like a Predestination situation.
Yup. Same goes for HOPE, The Wire god, etc.

With false memories, time manipulation, shapeshifters, and talking plants, it's kind of hard to count anything out.

Considering Nodoka's came "from nothing" thing, it's possible that no one even actually has parents or family (sorry Incest lovers). They could have just popped into existence to fill up this world, or another world, and ended up here by mistake, etc.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I mean... I don't doubt that something very horrible is going to happen, but I also feel like people really overrate Hope's warning. Hope did next to nothing for nearly three chapters. I feel like if Hope really wanted Sensei to take whatever he's meant to take he would have taken drastic measures much sooner. My personal guess is that "something bad" will be slightly darker than what we've seen so far to gradually shift the tone of the story towards darker stuff for the future chapters.
Also, since there are 35 heroine routes at the end of the story, I think we can probably expect all the girls to be alive and well by the end of the story.
Biding his time, perhaps, just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. That time may be drawing near. As for why he didn't act sooner, this could have been a test of Sensei's resolve and, assuming he does not heed HOPE, he fails. Then there's the possibility HOPE wanted Sensei to do it under his own power instead of the influence of the gods, only using the threat of consequences as pressure instead of forcing Sensei to act like what happened previously with the Yumi kiss according to Sensei's own words.

As far as everyone being alive at the end of the purity routes, remember that all those purity routes are said to be individual focused, so they won't be reliant on all the girls making it out of this alive. The only one that has to survive, and that's only up to the very end and then she can die as part of the ending of the route without issue, is the one the route is for.

It's already been demonstrated that death in this game is a temporary condition.
For now, we also don't know exactly how far that 'protection' goes. There may be something down the line that results in a final death. Anything from something the gods themselves can't even prevent to the gods wanting them to die for whatever reason. Perhaps Sensei continues to refuse them after the consequences already laid out in previous events once those are delivered.

Like I said, we're likely about to find out. The warnings could be overrated. HOPE has also apparently just been generous and waiting until that warning:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In other words, HOPE seems to have lost it's patience and might actually stop being so nice now. Or as it seems to put it:
It will take everything.

Personally, I'm more worried about the girls being reset than them dying. I don't really think I'd enjoy the endings with empty dolls that look like the girls I've grown to know.
Everything of yours, that does NOT sound like threatening a full reset, it sounds like it goes far beyond. That sounds like he's thinking of going after the girls, particularly ones with a history of intimacy, ones Sensei may have at least a little feelings for at this point.

I think Toys was a demonstration of what the consequence might look like, since it showed us that Angels could hijack people and turn them into puppets.

That, plus the Halloween scene with Molly two years ago, point to a very uncomfortable scene brewing. They're gonna bodyjack Akira into doint what they were trying to get him to do on his own free will.
Very possible, I could see a full blown rape in the future with Molly or another untouched girl on the receiving end, Molly specifically because she was already targeted once and it failed. That's already setting up a potentially very uncomfortable scene.

I'm thinking it's just raping a teen. Maybe a virgin in particular. It seems like something/HOPE has been trying to make him rape the girls for awhile. Yumi in Chapter 1, Molly in Chapter 2, and Sana in Chapter 3, for example. HOPE may have just got tired of waiting for Sensei to rape one of his students, so is more or less saying rape or I'll rape for you.

Long Maya actually seemed interested in how Sensei "managed to avoid violently raping anyone" back during 'The Room with Clocks':
So, yeah, I'm thinking that's what the "take" thing is about.

Could be wrong though.
That's been my running theory since it came up, something he isn't supposed to have, their virginity is a prime target, particularly the virginity of a girl that hasn't consented yet and hasn't shown willingness to do so.

Reactions: DeSkel15

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
HOPE said that Akira has time until "the snow returns":
This means the ultimatum does not kick in at the end of summer. It's in the beginning of winter. But it seems we are getting spring next, so the deadline must be postponed. And if HOPE doesn't like it, he'll have to face the wrath of the Semantics God. Suck it.

And then maybe we have autumn next to spring... Another ominous "Winter is coming" that never comes.

Last edited:

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
This means the ultimatum does not kick in at the end of summer. It's in the beginning of winter. But it seems we are getting spring next, so the deadline must be postponed. And if HOPE doesn't like it, he'll have to face the anger of the Grammatics God. Suck it.

And then maybe we have autumn next to spring... Another ominous "Winter is coming" that never comes.
Just to be that tireless pedant again, it's not entirely unheard of for it to snow in spring in some parts of the world. Though I will admit I am unsure if it's ever happened in Japan.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It does and so does the Ami stuff at the beginning, specifically the hallucinated sex scene at the beginning. Sekai and Himawari, I might have missed those in the chapter 1 rework, but I only remember them in the later game.
Replayed the new TRWC.
Sekai is there, with her whole abcd sound again. Himawari shows up at the end of it saying "Smile" "It's the only thing you can do here."
At least those two sounds are still there which i thought were gone (maybe had sound off last time), which i think are important.
The health monitor and the baby mobile sound.
I think they have some importance.
Someone came up with something similar too.

Maybe Sekai was pregnant again and Akira was (after getting her out of the car crash rubbles and delivering her to a hospital) challenged with the choice of who to save, like doctors telling him only one could possibly survive a surgery.
Her or the/their baby.

Maybe he decided for the baby or he decided for Sekai, meaning he'd have to sacrifice one over the other.
The worst outcome whould have been, that no matter who he chose, the other died regardless.
That would have given him the utmost punch to his mental health i can imagine.

As far as we know he couldn't save Sekai no matter what.
What would have happened to a possible baby, we don't know.

But, no matter what really happened, as i said those two sounds seem important, i think they are at least a metaphor for life and death.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
HOPE said that Akira has time until "the snow returns":This means the ultimatum does not kick in at the end of summer. It's in the beginning of winter. But it seems we are getting spring next, so the deadline must be postponed. And if HOPE doesn't like it, he'll have to face the anger of the Grammatics God. Suck it.

We know spring is coming, a significant thing to be aware given there is no spring or autumn in Kumon-Mi, BUT

Peredolia simply said a new season is coming, he didn't say it was coming right away.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Just to be that tireless pedant again, it's not entirely unheard of for it to snow in spring in some parts of the world. Though I will admit I am unsure if it's ever happened in Japan.
If i remember correctly, Japan has like a lot of different climate zones.
Looked it up again a bit, make of it what you want, didn't searched in detail.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
From a travel site:

"The traditional snow season in Japan coincides with the start of winter so you can expect to see snow on the ground from mid-December onwards. The snow season lasts about three months but can often extend into March and early April, meaning there's plenty of time to enjoy this country's beautiful white landscapes."

If it extends into early April, that would definitely be spring.

Howeve,r I want to point out that this is spring following winter, not spring following summer, so if Spring truly is coming out of season (after Summer), who knows what the weather might look like.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mori Enjoyer

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Howeve,r I want to point out that this is spring following winter, not spring following summer, so if Spring truly is coming out of season (after Summer), who knows what the weather might look like.
Kinda what I was clumsily getting at. I mean the weather can do some out of season or unusual things. Like who would have expected snow in Texas like what happened a couple of years or so ago.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This means the ultimatum does not kick in at the end of summer. It's in the beginning of winter. But it seems we are getting spring next, so the deadline must be postponed. And if HOPE doesn't like it, he'll have to face the anger of the Grammatics God. Suck it.

Nice catch. It does make me wonder though, HOPE could seemingly cause a few hours of Summer to happen in Winter:
I wonder if The Wire god could do that as well. In theory, the Snow could return for a few hours, whenever.

Watch HOPE somehow make it Snow just to avoid this technicality.

AbsoluteA522

Jun 17, 2023
Random, but I had forgotten that Tsubasa really needs to get laid:
Time to call the WAP Man.
She's a handful yeah.
but for the sake of maintaining a good image in touko's eyes. ill have to skip her content (if her route is going to be miss-able that is).

Upsetting toumoko is the last thing i would wish to do. she's so precious.

(not that sensei's "image" isn't already bad.. it's laughable even. but hey it could always get worse so uh..)

Last edited:

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
She's a handful yeah.
but for the sake of maintaining a good image in touko's eyes. ill have to skip her content (if her route is going to be miss-able that is).

Upsetting toumoko is the last thing i would wish to do. she's so precious.

(not that sensei's "image" isn't already bad.. it's laughable even. but hey it could always get worse so uh..)
Probably missable after the first time, but no main girl will escape undefiled.

John E. Ringo

Apr 19, 2020
Honestly, i've been quietly watching you guys talk about the serious consequences that will come if Akira doesn't take what he has no right to or whatever it was but for me i feel like Hope is just fucking desperate and is lashing out with threats he can't follow up, all bluff, all bark and no bite, Akira has survived almost 3 chapters now with Hope trying shit and he's gotten no where of consequence... if you imagine that threat made out of fear, out of panic with Pareidolia's season coming and Hope's power/influence waning, it does kind of turn into a bit of soggy lettuce.

I'm not at all saying my hunch is right, it's just a hunch, but i've just never felt that threat had any weight behind it. I've spent more time just thinking about what it is he's suppose to be taking than whatever the 'consequences' would be if he didn't do it.

I dunno, i often find myself looking at this game/story from a meta perspective, what's the point of Hope's threat in the story? What can he really do if the only real consequences are Akira just gets fully reset, that'd make for a pretty game. Maybe he get's locked in a box and tortured... boring. Maybe he gets tormented by having his girls taken away somehow... ok... then what? Like, from a narrative perspective, Hope is pretty limited in what he can actually threaten Akira with given the game is already forced to remain somewhat consistently the same if Selly doesn't want to risk his income, if shit goes far too weird far too fast then a lot of people are going to either lose interest or feel ripped off for all the time they put in.

I'm kinda rambling here, i enjoy reading the theories but i ultimately have little energy for any that deviate too far from 'shit will pretty much stay the same with some measure of progression' and so i don't put any weight on Hope's threats.
With this post, sir, you forever forfeit any right to self-use the Dunce Cap!!!

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
I dunno, i often find myself looking at this game/story from a meta perspective, what's the point of Hope's threat in the story? What can he really do if the only real consequences are Akira just gets fully reset, that'd make for a pretty game. Maybe he get's locked in a box and tortured... boring. Maybe he gets tormented by having his girls taken away somehow... ok... then what? Like, from a narrative perspective, Hope is pretty limited in what he can actually threaten Akira with given the game is already forced to remain somewhat consistently the same if Selly doesn't want to risk his income, if shit goes far too weird far too fast then a lot of people are going to either lose interest or feel ripped off for all the time they put in.
I agree, I feel like despite all the warnings and threats, the status quo of this story will remain until the Dark Route starts, which I don't like at all but it is what it is.

Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes