AbsoluteA522

Jun 17, 2023
Alright im dead serious when i say that if sel even DARES to hint about making that one traumatizing berserk scene.. i will literally skip the entire update and download a finished save file just to not see it.

im not a coward or soft or anything like that. in fact berserk was one of my first and favorite and still my favorite manga.

But that scene really made me feel things at the time.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Preview Pt3
Either we're getting a reset, or they let Yasu handle the decorations. *ba dum tis*

You might be misinterpreting the 4, though. This is the 4th Halloween update, thus Halloween 4. That would be accurate regardless of whether the reset happens before or after.

The chapter 1 conclusion was Reset > Christmas Party > Cliffhanger (school collapse) > end of Chapter 1 card.

Reactions: LuisD and Wardtnaci

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well, probably the most famous/infamous part of "Berserk" involved: Betrayal, Cuckolding, Dismemberment, Human devourment, Fetus Corruption (?), Mass Murder, Mindbreaking, Ritual Sacrificing, Sexual Violation, etc, all around the same time. It's known as "The Eclipse" if you want to know more.

So, yeah, things might get a little Callous.
I mean, Akira DID miss his deadline, so...

Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The chapter 1 conclusion was Reset > Christmas Party > Cliffhanger (school collapse) > end of Chapter 1 card.
Actually, the first Christmas Party ends in Chapter 2. Chapter 1's 'Changing of Seasons' is the last event in Chapter 1, which ends with Sensei and Maya holding hands on the roof before the end card appears, and leads into Chapter 2's first event:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The School collapsed 6 events (plus 2 lust events) later in 'Fireworks, Chicken, and the Innate Fear of Death'.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I suppose we are about to find out how serious this game's warnings really are. For better or worse.
I mean... I don't doubt that something very horrible is going to happen, but I also feel like people really overrate Hope's warning. Hope did next to nothing for nearly three chapters. I feel like if Hope really wanted Sensei to take whatever he's meant to take he would have taken drastic measures much sooner. My personal guess is that "something bad" will be slightly darker than what we've seen so far to gradually shift the tone of the story towards darker stuff for the future chapters.
Also, since there are 35 heroine routes at the end of the story, I think we can probably expect all the girls to be alive and well by the end of the story.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honestly, i've been quietly watching you guys talk about the serious consequences that will come if Akira doesn't take what he has no right to or whatever it was but for me i feel like Hope is just fucking desperate and is lashing out with threats he can't follow up, all bluff, all bark and no bite, Akira has survived almost 3 chapters now with Hope trying shit and he's gotten no where of consequence... if you imagine that threat made out of fear, out of panic with Pareidolia's season coming and Hope's power/influence waning, it does kind of turn into a bit of soggy lettuce.

I'm not at all saying my hunch is right, it's just a hunch, but i've just never felt that threat had any weight behind it. I've spent more time just thinking about what it is he's suppose to be taking than whatever the 'consequences' would be if he didn't do it.

I dunno, i often find myself looking at this game/story from a meta perspective, what's the point of Hope's threat in the story? What can he really do if the only real consequences are Akira just gets fully reset, that'd make for a pretty game. Maybe he get's locked in a box and tortured... boring. Maybe he gets tormented by having his girls taken away somehow... ok... then what? Like, from a narrative perspective, Hope is pretty limited in what he can actually threaten Akira with given the game is already forced to remain somewhat consistently the same if Selly doesn't want to risk his income, if shit goes far too weird far too fast then a lot of people are going to either lose interest or feel ripped off for all the time they put in.

I'm kinda rambling here, i enjoy reading the theories but i ultimately have little energy for any that deviate too far from 'shit will pretty much stay the same with some measure of progression' and so i don't put any weight on Hope's threats.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I mean... I don't doubt that something very horrible is going to happen, but I also feel like people really overrate Hope's warning. Hope did next to nothing for nearly three chapters. I feel like if Hope really wanted Sensei to take whatever he's meant to take he would have taken drastic measures much sooner. My personal guess is that "something bad" will be slightly darker than what we've seen so far to gradually shift the tone of the story towards darker stuff for the future chapters.
Also, since there are 35 heroine routes at the end of the story, I think we can probably expect all the girls to be alive and well by the end of the story.
Like I said, we're likely about to find out. The warnings could be overrated. HOPE has also apparently just been generous and waiting until that warning:
In other words, HOPE seems to have lost it's patience and might actually stop being so nice now. Or as it seems to put it:
It will take everything.

Personally, I'm more worried about the girls being reset than them dying. I don't really think I'd enjoy the endings with empty dolls that look like the girls I've grown to know.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Honestly, i've been quietly watching you guys talk about the serious consequences that will come if Akira doesn't take what he has no right to or whatever it was but for me i feel like Hope is just fucking desperate and is lashing out with threats he can't follow up, all bluff, all bark and no bite, Akira has survived almost 3 chapters now with Hope trying shit and he's gotten no where of consequence... if you imagine that threat made out of fear, out of panic with Pareidolia's season coming and Hope's power/influence waning, it does kind of turn into a bit of soggy lettuce.
I think Toys was a demonstration of what the consequence might look like, since it showed us that Angels could hijack people and turn them into puppets.

That, plus the Halloween scene with Molly two years ago, point to a very uncomfortable scene brewing. They're gonna bodyjack Akira into doint what they were trying to get him to do on his own free will.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I've spent more time just thinking about what it is he's suppose to be taking than whatever the 'consequences' would be if he didn't do it.
I'm thinking it's just raping a teen. Maybe a virgin in particular. It seems like something/HOPE has been trying to make him rape the girls for awhile. Yumi in Chapter 1, Molly in Chapter 2, and Sana in Chapter 3, for example. HOPE may have just got tired of waiting for Sensei to rape one of his students, so is more or less saying rape or I'll rape for you.

Long Maya actually seemed interested in how Sensei "managed to avoid violently raping anyone" back during 'The Room with Clocks':
So, yeah, I'm thinking that's what the "take" thing is about.

Could be wrong though.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes