DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
She really has been, that's not really debatable even in the original. It's her motivations and other aspects that result in her doing it that may have been retconned into making her entirely malicious. I could have sworn it got mentioned somewhere that this was just how she expressed her concern for Futaba, having been raised in a world where only people that are like she is now survive, that she didn't know how to look out for Futaba any other way.
Btw, just a theory, but I got jealousy vibes from Yumi on my playthrough. Like she freaked out at the idea of Sensei even being attracted to Futaba:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which isn't surprising, but she seemed a little threatened by Futaba in particular, imo, which might be why she went after Futaba so hard.

I wouldn't even be surprised if her detentions were intentional just to see her crush, Sensei. I'm definitely interested in what exactly was going on pre-resets.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Never really saw what Sel said about the rework. Didn't really get involved until afterwards.

I do notice on the Wiki, that there was quite a few scenes deleted for characters and various others changed, so I wouldn't be surprised if a line of text would be changed.

Like apparently Yumi's laugh was changed to a smile:

Edit: This makes more sense now, Yumi 4th wall break:
It was in his announcement, back when he was actually still here and not completely quarantined to the Discord to try and distance himself from watching his game get pirated faster and faster. He sort of glossed over the details, but the big points were reworking exactly when previously sexually open characters, such as Ayane, would open themselves to having sex with Sensei. Ayane herself was one of the biggest points of...well, let's just say people didn't like it that her first encounter during the intro scenes, one of the player favorites from the original progression, was changing so drastically that it basically rewrote her entire early character from the ground up.

I wouldn't be surprised if, during my runs of the reworked beginning, I failed to notice a change with Yumi because I was so focused on that one Ayane scene that I didn't notice there was actually a difference with the more subtle changes.

Btw, just a theory, but I got jealousy vibes from Yumi on my playthrough. Like she freaked out at the idea of Sensei even being attracted to Futaba:
Which isn't surprising, but she seemed a little threatened by Futaba in particular, imo, which might be why she went after Futaba so hard.

I wouldn't even be surprised if her detentions were intentional just to see her crush, Sensei. I'm definitely interested in what exactly was going on pre-resets.
This is quite possible, she has basically been outed as a tsundere, a type of character that would use negative behavior like what Yumi shows, possibly but not always including physical violence, to hide how they really feel. I'm sure she was genuinely upset by the whole kiss thing and whatever happened in those detentions, but outside of those things, I agree, she may very well have feelings she's trying to hide from Sensei.

Take a look at the first Christmas event, when she gifts that one book to him, and look at what came with it. I don't think someone who genuinely hates him would do that, it has to be a front other than those things that happened before.

Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021

This theory actually gets two reactions out of me, :ROFLMAO: & :unsure:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It was in his announcement, back when he was actually still here and not completely quarantined to the Discord to try and distance himself from watching his game get pirated faster and faster. He sort of glossed over the details, but the big points were reworking exactly when previously sexually open characters, such as Ayane, would open themselves to having sex with Sensei. Ayane herself was one of the biggest points of...well, let's just say people didn't like it that her first encounter during the intro scenes, one of the player favorites from the original progression, was changing so drastically that it basically rewrote her entire early character from the ground up.

I wouldn't be surprised if, during my runs of the reworked beginning, I failed to notice a change with Yumi because I was so focused on that one Ayane scene that I didn't notice there was actually a difference with the more subtle changes.

This is quite possible, she has basically been outed as a tsundere, a type of character that would use negative behavior like what Yumi shows, possibly but not always including physical violence, to hide how they really feel. I'm sure she was genuinely upset by the whole kiss thing and whatever happened in those detentions, but outside of those things, I agree, she may very well have feelings she's trying to hide from Sensei.

Take a look at the first Christmas event, when she gifts that one book to him, and look at what came with it. I don't think someone who genuinely hates him would do that, it has to be a front other than those things that happened before.
I see, btw, I think I may have found what you've been referring to:
Chika seems to suggest that Yumi bullies Futaba because she doesn't stand up for herself. I can definitely see that being apart of it.

I'm struggling to recall events where she actually talks about why she bullies Futaba, albeit it's not like I can recall everything. I feel like there has been a few mentions of her holding the fact Futaba doesn't defend herself, against her, though.

Oh, and I definitely think Yumi has feelings for Sensei. 'Untitled' seemed to confirm Yumi masturbates to Sensei:
It's also likely the main reason Nodoka wanted to blow Sensei in front of Yumi:
To cuck her.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
The only retcon I'm aware of, and that's because it was something I strongly opposed about the rework, is the Ayane bathroom scene as it changes her character drastically and did so in an extremely blatant way as if the change had a neon sign pointing right at it to make everyone look in its direction. For this reason, I also maintain the original scenes as my headcanon, completely ignoring the new events as far as story connectivity and only looking at them in case something comes up later in a puzzle as Sel has been know to pull that.

I also suspect a retcon in the first gym class scene as I swear it didn't used to portray Yumi ridiculing Futaba in such a blatantly malicious way, which destroyed one of my argument points with DesKel earlier. I'll need to check this when I start over next time I play.
I know that ch1 was reworked, but besides the new The Room With Clocks, i haven't touched anything of it (and never will).
I thought Sel would only improve the scenes and change the pacing, but TRWC has a total different tone to me.
Also doesn't help that Sekai is introduced earlier and i think even Himawari is there too now.

Reactions: chronox42

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Imagine this whole time Yumi constantly targeting Futaba is solely because she is the only one among the first 10 boobier than her and she feels threatened.

However, I don’t think it’d be more than the “picking on the fat and timid kid” trope. At best, she probably just considered Futaba's physique being very unappealing or very inferior to hers on a serious level, so serious that Sensei saying he was attracted to Futaba legit left her in disbelief, and not a tinge of her love toward him was involved.

This is in part due to the fact my personal impression that Yumi already falling for Sensei since the very beginning is currently still less plausible than falling after he becomes a big part of her life much later on. Yumi didn't have to tell Chika that those detentions were creepy, or doesn't have to tell Chika anything if Yumi secretly had the hots for him. Yumi's conversation with Maya in Ponytail about how creepy Sensei was when she caught him wondering aimlessly at midnight in Not Even Me also didn't seem to have much affection hidden within lines.

So unless our token tsundere was actually a master of disguise and strategy in scheming intentional detentions and incognito asking info about her secret crush (from Maya no less), the chance of her simply disliking Sensei during the early times is still unparallelly high no matter what kind of deeds pre-reset Sensei had done.

But then how do I explain why did Yumi seemingly pay close attention to her constant bugger or why was Yumi this observant when it comes to Sensei?
Two of my hypotheses about her attitude toward Sensei are that:
1) Yumi more than one time describes Sensei's blackouts as "lost" or "helpless". Despite being cunty 90% of the time, this perhaps is her one weak spot and she just can't leave without lending any help even when the person is your creepy teacher (this is an extrapolation of her warm and caring personality exclusive to Chinami, someone incapable of things by no fault of their own)

2) Yumi has been someone who can also see things differently, a sense that requires no predated history with someone or any love-led close attention to notice something is up with Sensei. This perhaps is the reason why Yumi remains on the short list of girls (next to Maya and Noriko) that can tell if Sensei is autopiloting.

Anyway I just hope we can get at least a quarter of her shrouding enigma chipped away in the new chapter so I don't have to keep guessing.

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
So, we get a halloween update and then there's like a month break? so like... 2 months between next update and the one after that? or longer?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Imagine this whole time Yumi constantly targeting Futaba is solely because she is the only one among the first 10 boobier than her and she feels threatened.

However, I don’t think it’d be more than the “picking on the fat and timid kid” trope. At best, she probably just considered Futaba's physique being very unappealing or very inferior to hers on a serious level, so serious that Sensei saying he was attracted to Futaba legit left her in disbelief, and not a tinge of her love toward him was involved.

This is in part due to the fact my personal impression that Yumi already falling for Sensei since the very beginning is currently still less plausible than falling after he becomes a big part of her life much later on. Yumi didn't have to tell Chika that those detentions were creepy, or doesn't have to tell Chika anything if Yumi secretly had the hots for him. Yumi's conversation with Maya in Ponytail about how creepy Sensei was when she caught him wondering aimlessly at midnight in Not Even Me also didn't seem to have much affection hidden within lines.

So unless our token tsundere was actually a master of disguise and strategy in scheming intentional detentions and incognito asking info about her secret crush (from Maya no less), the chance of her simply disliking Sensei during the early times is still unparallelly high no matter what kind of deeds pre-reset Sensei had done.

But then how do I explain why did Yumi seemingly pay close attention to her constant bugger or why was Yumi this observant when it comes to Sensei?
Two of my hypotheses about her attitude toward Sensei are that:
1) Yumi more than one time describes Sensei's blackouts as "lost" or "helpless". Despite being cunty 90% of the time, this perhaps is her one weak spot and she just can't leave without lending any help even when the person is your creepy teacher (this is an extrapolation of her warm and caring personality exclusive to Chinami, someone incapable of things by no fault of their own)

2) Yumi has been someone who can also see things differently, a sense that requires no predated history with someone or any love-led close attention to notice something is up with Sensei. This perhaps is the reason why Yumi remains on the short list of girls (next to Maya and Noriko) that can tell if Sensei is autopiloting.

Anyway I just hope we can get at least a quarter of her shrouding enigma chipped away in the new chapter so I don't have to keep guessing.
I think it'd be more that Futaba is like the complete opposite of Yumi. If someone she liked, liked the opposite of her, it'd probably be frustrating and it's not like Yumi has a good way to take out those confusing emotions.

Yumi also happens to be one of the few characters to notice that Sensei lost memories:

This, on top of her even showing up/allowing those detentions:
When she could just, not do that.

Makes me think that there's something more to their relationship than has been made clear. There's also how Yumi isn't a stranger to rewriting reality in her head:
It's not impossible that she might have just been convincing herself those detentions and stuff were creepy, in order to ignore her actual feelings.

I definitely don't think she had fallen for Sensei back then, but I also don't think she has now. She likely just found the 6"2ish, fit, smart, teacher who seemed to acknowledge her more than any guy ever has, as hot. Nowadays, she just has some more emotional reasons on top of the physical attraction, to like him.

Like, even back when Sensei forced himself on her, she did kiss back:
Yumi is still a dysfunctional horny human being at the end of the day. She might even subconsciously like the idea of Sensei taking advantage of her based off her later 'Neon Heart':

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I see, btw, I think I may have found what you've been referring to:
Chika seems to suggest that Yumi bullies Futaba because she doesn't stand up for herself. I can definitely see that being apart of it.

I'm struggling to recall events where she actually talks about why she bullies Futaba, albeit it's not like I can recall everything. I feel like there has been a few mentions of her holding the fact Futaba doesn't defend herself, against her, though.

Oh, and I definitely think Yumi has feelings for Sensei. 'Untitled' seemed to confirm Yumi masturbates to Sensei:
It's also likely the main reason Nodoka wanted to blow Sensei in front of Yumi:
To cuck her.
Holy...I totally misremembered where it was in the game, so there might not be a retcon for Yumi in this regard at all, but that's it. That's what I was talking about. To my knowledge, Yumi herself never mentions it, it wouldn't really make sense given her character. It was the other girls talking about her, particularly Chika, the character closest to Yumi out of the entire cast. Chika is correct in the latter screencaps, there's no real good reason to treat Futaba that way, but if that's all Yumi knows, then she wouldn't be capable of treating Futaba any other way.

I know that ch1 was reworked, but besides the new The Room With Clocks, i haven't touched anything of it (and never will).
I thought Sel would only improve the scenes and change the pacing, but TRWC has a total different tone to me.
Also doesn't help that Sekai is introduced earlier and i think even Himawari is there too now.
It does and so does the Ami stuff at the beginning, specifically the hallucinated sex scene at the beginning. Sekai and Himawari, I might have missed those in the chapter 1 rework, but I only remember them in the later game.

I'll let Rin and Niki take this one:
On point as usual, these fit way too well, actually made me chuckle.

I think it'd be more that Futaba is like the complete opposite of Yumi. If someone she liked, liked the opposite of her, it'd probably be frustrating and it's not like Yumi has a good way to take out those confusing emotions.

Yumi also happens to be one of the few characters to notice that Sensei lost memories:

This, on top of her even showing up/allowing those detentions:
When she could just, not do that.

Makes me think that there's something more to their relationship than has been made clear. There's also how Yumi isn't a stranger to rewriting reality in her head:
It's not impossible that she might have just been convincing herself those detentions and stuff were creepy, in order to ignore her actual feelings.

I definitely don't think she had fallen for Sensei back then, but I also don't think she has now. She likely just found the 6"2ish, fit, smart, teacher who seemed to acknowledge her more than any guy ever has, as hot. Nowadays, she just has some more emotional reasons on top of the physical attraction, to like him.

Like, even back when Sensei forced himself on her, she did kiss back:
Yumi is still a dysfunctional horny human being at the end of the day. She might even subconsciously like the idea of Sensei taking advantage of her based off her later 'Neon Heart':
To be fair, inner Sensei did have a point, she could have been returning the kiss on hormone driven instinct.

Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Holy...I totally misremembered where it was in the game, so there might not be a retcon for Yumi in this regard at all, but that's it. That's what I was talking about. To my knowledge, Yumi herself never mentions it, it wouldn't really make sense given her character. It was the other girls talking about her, particularly Chika, the character closest to Yumi out of the entire cast. Chika is correct in the latter screencaps, there's no real good reason to treat Futaba that way, but if that's all Yumi knows, then she wouldn't be capable of treating Futaba any other way.

On point as usual, these fit way too well, actually made me chuckle.

To be fair, inner Sensei did have a point, she could have been returning the kiss on hormone driven instinct.
Sweet, I tried to figure it out, but I'm not omniscient, so I was hoping that was it.

One of these days, I might have enough material to literally just talk in screenshots lol.

As for the hormones, yeah, that's why I think Yumi was only physically attracted to him. She wouldn't kiss back with out some attraction going on. If she was actually as disgusted by him as she likes to say, we might have gotten some "White-fronted Parrot" stuff far earlier. Just Sensei would be the female in that scenario.

Edit: Btw, User2, The Shapeshifter, Moyo, Long Maya, Noodles, Sekai/Teacher, AmiOkay Maya, and some other things like Wizard Maya show up in the reworked 'The Room with Clocks' Happy Event. It seems to set up quite a bit of stuff compared to the previous version based off the wiki.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That wizard Maya scene and what Sensei says in 'The Room with Clocks' is one of the reasons I think that Maya may have been raped prior to meeting Sensei:
I explain it better, elsewhere:
I think Maya was effed up even before the resets. She implies that Sensei and her were "pretty fucked up" and that's why they got attached to eachother:

There's also some implications that she may have been raped by a family member, and was homeless before meeting Sensei.

I think the "girl who never made it home" story told by Sekai in 'Something Everyone Knows and Ignores' may have been about Maya:
Mostly due to the vending machines and running into a stranger parts:
Which could be why Maya takes Sensei to a vending machine and buys him the drink that makes him nostalgic:

There's also the implication that someone else took Maya's "purity" in 'The Room with Clocks':
before Sensei could adopt her and show her "true love". (Unless that black figure is the old Sensei, but that seems unlikely)

I also think this is from Maya's pov due to the green scarf:
The "finally be happy" and "finally knew what it meant to be loved" parts, makes me think something must have happened to her.

Nevertheless: Current Maya is considered "Broken beyond repair":
Could definitely be wrong though.

In addition, that Bench that shows up every once in awhile, may have been where Maya and Sensei first met, but I'm not entirely confident on that part, just yet.

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
you would have to be more specific if your referencing the august care package then no i still have to do it. the others i do have though
Yep, sorry it seems that i ate an "s", i wanted to write "the other ones". I was asking for the others i have with the white side.
My bad

qaz098

Nov 26, 2020
so i was going to relpy about my throughts on why yumi was a dick to futaba and how it was out of jealousy but i had to go to work and i come back and deskel15 has beat me to it.

so i will just add that i think yumi also jealous that futaba has a lot people who watch out for her and protects her while yumi spend a lot of her time growing up with people not being there for her. plus it sounds like futaba has to 2 caring parents while yumi had 2 parent who didnt give a shit.

yumi is also someone who built walls around herself because no one was there for her when she young so she had to act tough and might be why she hates that futaba dosent stand up for herself but everyone else does it for her

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes