BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It's kind of hard to explain, as it's more of an abstract concept, but to vaguely summarize, the town is constantly changing itself to better adapt to the MC's psyche. Either through shifting the MC into dimensions with impossible architecture or locations that shouldn't exist (Rust world in SH vs Happy scenes in LiL) or talking to/interacting with characters that should either be long dead (Mary in SH & Sekai in Lil) or shouldn't exist at all (Maria in SH & Nao in Lil)
Hm hm, i guess i get it. Like how "The Other Side™" in Silent Hill is a personal nighmare (espacially in SH2) for each protagonist, and how that translates to Akira and his halluzinations?
Like, how in SH the normal world changes to the other side, Akira halluzinates Kumon'mi into?

Reactions: jameswitcher

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Hmm there is something bothering me, the lil wiki homepage "last supper" parody. Selebus said it is wrong and that Ayane and Ami should be changed, but I can't see how a narcisist perfectionist like him can stand to leave it wrong for so long, if it was me I would've corrected it not long after.

Reactions: LuisD and chronox42

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
So the name rain king isn't referring to a specific person?
I don't know. Wouldn't rule it out. Ami is, iirc, referring Akira as the Rain King.
Or more precisely:
Event ends with Ami saying something that ends with ... you're my
Then an image with text "Rain King", follows.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I googled it and only found a country song and an erotic or otherwise adult book by a writter named Selena, on amazon.
The country song is apparently inspired by the novel Henderson the Rain King:

wikipedia lol will this work? said:
Henderson learns that a man can, with effort, have a spiritual rebirth when he realizes that spirit, body and the outside world are not enemies but can live in harmony.

A week before the novel appeared in book stores, Saul Bellow published an article in the New York Times titled “The Search for Symbols, a Writer Warns, Misses All the Fun and Fact of the Story.” Here, Bellow warns readers against looking too deeply for symbols in literature. This has led to much discussion among critics as to why Bellow warned his readers against searching for symbolism just before the symbol-packed Rain King hit the shelves.

The ongoing philosophical discussions and ramblings between Henderson and the natives, and inside Henderson's own head, prefigure elements of Bellow's next novel (1964), which includes many such inquiries into life and meaning.

As in all Bellow's novels, death figures prominently in Henderson the Rain King. Also, the novel manifests a few common character types that run through Bellow's literary works. One type is the Bellovian Hero, often described as a . Eugene Henderson, in company with most of Bellow's main characters, can be given this description, in the opinion of some people. Another is what Bellow calls the "Reality-Instructor"; in Henderson the Rain King, King Dahfu fills this role. In Seize the Day, the instructor is played by Dr. Tamkin, while in , Humboldt von Fleisher takes the part.

Scholars such as Bellow biographer and others have shown that quite a few passages and ideas were lifted from a book titled The Cattle Complex in East Africa (1926) written by Bellow's anthropology professor who supervised his senior thesis at in 1937.
Emphasis in bold is my own.

May 19, 2019
If Sel is evil enough the next update may "force" Sensei to celebrate her birthday with a chipper Maya; see if this can torture him more.
(goddamnit I'm a little sad again...)

The entire event chain autoplays I think during weekend once you have finished every event prior to v0.35. Check every girl's events and see if you miss any (think I saw people saying one of Io's events managed to stay not finished undetected)
I've got a lust event on Ami and a couple events on Miku, but I can't seem to trigger any of them

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I've got a lust event on Ami and a couple events on Miku, but I can't seem to trigger any of them
Ami's event is embedded in the event chain of this new update (lust > 50), so don't worry about it.
As for Miku's, any of her event's prerequisite should all be available on wiki now.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Start a new day with thoughts of doom

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You know, the fact a reset Maya fits so well into the top maid spot that Ami and Uta mentioned but never named means that if she does end up in that slot now that she's been reset, i feel like that's gotta put a lot of weight into the potential falseness of her memories as the slot already existed... either the gods had prepared it long in advance or she'd been in it before, moved out of it by god shenanigans, but left the spot in a sort of limbo state where the other maids knew of it but just danced around anything specific about it... am i making any kind of sense?

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
You know, the fact a reset Maya fits so well into the top maid spot that Ami and Uta mentioned but never named means that if she does end up in that slot now that she's been reset, i feel like that's gotta put a lot of weight into the potential falseness of her memories as the slot already existed... either the gods had prepared it long in advance or she'd been in it before, moved out of it by god shenanigans, but left the spot in a sort of limbo state where the other maids knew of it but just danced around anything specific about it... am i making any kind of sense?
You're making sense, I belive that something like "repetition becomes norm" is in effect in Kumon-mi, Maya said she was chirpier before, so she probably didn't treat Akira like she does now, still when the player first arrive, in your first interaction with Maya she is all "you're disgusting", Akira reacts as normal and Ami is like "Did you really lose your memories? that was your normal interaction with Maya".

So that means Maya is always behaving like that, there is also the journal of students made by her, there is also Tsuneyo remembering about the friend thing that she couldn't possibly remember, the memories kinda stay and are deleted at the same time, just like a hard driver, the magnetic disk ones, depending on how data is deleted it remains a phantom that can be restored.
So somethings kinda stay like the knowledge that they are there for years, but not the hard data of how many years it's been.

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
Just a PSA to everyone who is active on Discord. There is a photo out on the web that will get you banned from Disc. if you post it on any servers/chat room within Disc.

Check out this Youtube post for more info:

• Red Heart
Reactions: dantarium

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
maybe i´m also blind, can u tell me what you have done to trigger 35.0?
In my case I'd just entirely missed I had some events left to do. My mistake. Definitely need to do everything except that singular Ami event (that's in the main chain).

Meanwhile I'm actually still not through the goddammit door. I think I need to restart the puzzle sequence. Thankfully I had the foresight to save in advance of that.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, did anyone else find it odd how Sekai specifically noted that she's "haunting" Sensei and no one else?:

It seemed implied that Sekai had been messing with Yasu, and Kaori:
But, in hindsight, this might explain why Sekai seems inconsistent.

There might actually be multiple Sekais.

One who is a "Hallucination" that tends to be playful and mostly just talks to Sensei:

Then there's a "Scary" version of Sekai that tends to be, well, scary:

This "Scary" version of Sekai, might be what's messing with Kaori and possibly Yasu. "Hallucination" Sekai on the other hand only seems to hang around Sensei and Ami:

Of course, something else might be going on. Kaori's situation could also be something simply unique to her.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes