k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
The main problem is that it is unacceptable to change the character so radically in such a style. This creates a different character. You either change the color of your hair, leaving everything as it was. Or you change your hairstyle.
Yeah, I barely recognised Rin in her preview, only because of her skull hairpin and eyes.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
The main problem is that it is unacceptable to change the character so radically in such a style. This creates a different character. You either change the color of your hair, leaving everything as it was. Or you change your hairstyle.
Never heard of the real-life post break-up makeover? I know the context is different but it's not unknown for people to radically change their entire look pretty much overnight.

Reactions: crustlord12
Feb 14, 2022
Yeah, I barely recognised Rin in her preview, only because of her skull hairpin and eyes.
On the other hand, judging by the answers of the most brilliant writer of the whole country of delirium, she could change her eyes by inserting lenses. And the answer would be— because she wanted to. And let the reader fuck with the perception of this character, yes.

Never heard of the real-life post break-up makeover? I know the context is different but it's not unknown for people to radically change their entire look pretty much overnight.
Do we also have people who look like each other, like twins, just by removing their hair? It is necessary to take the specifics of the style of drawing characters.

Reactions: NimavonKiritler

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
On the other hand, judging by the answers of the most brilliant writer of the whole country of delirium, she could change her eyes by inserting lenses. And the answer would be— because she wanted to. And let the reader fuck with the perception of this character, yes.
I really hope changing characters eye color using contacts isn't going to be a common or a future practice that is not extremely temporary or just for the short lolls. It's because there are instances where eye colors are used as a part of the storytelling, Nao's heterochromia origin, Kaori's sudden shift into red eyes, etc. To me changing eye colors without a good plot reason voids the importance of those segments.

Btw for some reason I accept new Rin much quicker than new Chika. They're all lovely, yes; while I can trick my brain into registering the new Rin as like a shiny version of her, I can't help but seeing Kirin in this new Chika; their designs in my eyes now overlap too much.

Because the efforts in molding an old Chika into a new Chika to me are enough to mold Kirin into this new Chika or, on an extreme end, mold Maya into Otoha. At that point calling these new models actual new characters will not feel incoherent; the change is that substantial.

We (or at least I) need these changeable facial features to stay roughly constant to properly recognize them as different individuals, especially when all them girls are generated from the same koikatsu model; literally 20 clones with close to identical facial structures. Change their features with or without plot reasons, sure; it doesn't mean it won't be confusing in medium like renpy.

Btw if you watch One Piece, it's an epitome of changing hair/eye color = making a new character :ROFLMAO:. It's even more indistinguishable for manga readers from time to time.
1699992414869.png

Last edited:

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Oh god, i love that game but i laugh my ass off every time Vicky moans out 'Chad' during her sex scenes... how can you take any game seriously if that's all the ladies are ever moaning?
I don't really get immersed in games, I've tried really, but I think I got a really strong sense of self, makes games about immersion and tension like Amnesia or Outlast feel more like boring walking simulators with jumpscares than good thrillers.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
ROFLS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This just made me realize that Sensei and Freddy Krueger have a few similarities...
  • Three supernatural entities "empower" them (3 gods vs a trio of demons)
  • Have a boiler room as an important aspect of their lore (Dead girl in boiler room vs Freddy burned to death in a boiler room)
  • Have.. children as an important aspect of their lore
  • Had a religious mother that didn't like them much
  • Have a connection to dreams and a dream world
  • Won't stay "dead"
  • Both like to prey on teenagers
  • Etc.

Feb 14, 2022
This just made me realize that Sensei and Freddy Krueger have a few similarities...
  • Three supernatural entities "empower" them (3 gods vs a trio of demons)
  • Have a boiler room as an important aspect of their lore (Dead girl in boiler room vs Freddy burned to death in a boiler room)
  • Have.. children as an important aspect of their lore
  • Had a religious mother that didn't like them much
  • Have a connection to dreams and a dream world
  • Won't stay "dead"
  • Both like to prey on teenagers
  • Etc.
Is there a globe that will be big for your owl? to shoehorn You're scaring me more and more lmao

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Is there a globe that will be big for your owl? to shoehorn You're scaring me more and more lmao
Lmao, At first I was like "WTF are they talking about?? Owl? Globe?".

But, after a little research it really just translates to "Is there a connection you would overlook?", and my response is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If I have an option.

Also learned a new Russian idiom. Neat.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes