Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
So, I had a random thought while falling asleep... What if our numbered versions of Maya (AmIOkay and youdidit) are the previous Mayas, that were reset? The only possible person who might've remembered them would be Akira, but he was hard-reset himself. Maybe it's all a cycle in more ways than we originally thought? It's not just the time/world, it's these two getting reset one after the other, after getting some amount of knowledge to bump the other one up.

Got nothing to support this tho, just a crackpot theory. Although, if we get a new numbered Maya next chapter, that would be interesting.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, I had a random thought while falling asleep... What if our numbered versions of Maya (AmIOkay and youdidit) are the previous Mayas, that were reset? The only possible person who might've remembered them would be Akira, but he was hard-reset himself. Maybe it's all a cycle in more ways than we originally thought? It's not just the time/world, it's these two getting reset one after the other, after getting some amount of knowledge to bump the other one up.

Got nothing to support this tho, just a crackpot theory. Although, if we get a new numbered Maya next chapter, that would be interesting.
I do get the impression that AmIOkay Maya and Sensei share a past:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Especially in the 'How I Feel' Happy Event. She even claims to be from the same place as Sensei.

We also later see a Sensei in a similar predicament, in 'The Light of Last Summer' Chapter 2 Main Event:
Which HOPE calls Sensei's "Truest Self".

Then HOPE offers up AmIOkay Maya for a price:
And we've seen elsewhere that it's been implied that HOPE wanted our Maya:
as well as there being other Mayas offered up by Long Maya:
in the 'Second Sun' Happy Event.

So, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been numerous Mayas over time, and Sensei and Maya have merely been trading places every few resets. It's not like False Memories are a new thing:
Our Maya could have just thought she's been through this for thousands of years.

It's not impossible that New Maya might think the same. Might be the first time a Sensei survived long enough to know that the memories aren't true though.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been numerous Mayas over time, and Sensei and Maya have merely been trading places every few resets.
Moyo is likely Maya Prime, then.

Which would also imply that there's a Sensei Prime that's also a mostly-decomposed corpse who's absurdly large penis ejaculates only cockroaches.

I type this as I'm sitting down for lunch. Sorry y'all, it's the only way I can make myself lose weight.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Moyo is likely Maya Prime, then.

Which would also imply that there's a Sensei Prime that's also a mostly-decomposed corpse who's absurdly large penis ejaculates only cockroaches.

I type this as I'm sitting down for lunch. Sorry y'all, it's the only way I can make myself lose weight.
Personally, I think Moyo (and Long Maya) might be more like Sensei and Maya's child, in a similar way that The Shapeshifter might be Sensei and Ayane's.

Moyo even seems to like the Shapeshifter:

Also apparently pussies to Sensei are like roaches to Moyo:
So, I would not be that surprised if something like this showed up later:
being a Sensei abomination or another child of his.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
What's the whole deal with Ayane's mom? Any theories?
What's her state anyway? Don't remember.
I guess she abandoned her family? So she's gone but not dead?

I don't think she'll play a role in Lil ever, but on the other hand, story wise, it would be interesting to explore the whole situation.
Like, Ayane getting left behind by her mother and how that plays a role in how she behaves towards Akira or in general.

Maybe Ayane's mommy issues developed into her being the caring, herself back taking person, she is we know.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I have decoded this wingdings image from the twitter. (Forgive the formatting I kept it the same as in the image in case it was intentional.)

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
AFAIK she just ignores Ayane, which probably means every time Ayane wants to talk she says "I'm busy" or something.
I'm gonna say she probably doesn't even notice what she is doing and thinks Ayane has everything she needs because money.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I mostly just use the Ren'py Transparency Mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/

And the, I think outdated, Dark Mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-20-0-part-1-selebus.48158/post-6765026

Then simply screenshot, and cut off the extra black parts.

Some Random Reaction stuff because why not:
I use the Ren'py Transparency Mod and outdated Dark mode.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Presumably, Ayane's family getting Rich and her Mom leaving, happened a few years ago. She may have just not wanted to live that lifestyle, or deal with Ayane's father as he became a supervillain. The smooth jazz was a deal breaker.

Random Dark Theory:

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't have sources, and my memory is unreliable, so consider my sources "vibes"

She walked out on Ayane and her father. The vibe I got was that after Ayane's father came into wealth, he became so fixated on acquiring more of it and growing the business that he neglected her, so she moved on. I'm guessing she didn't take Ayane because she would have literally been building a life out of scratch, so she wouldn't have been able to give Ayane the life she deserves, but her father could.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kitty Hawk

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Presumably, Ayane's family getting Rich and her Mom leaving, happened a few years ago. She may have just not wanted to live that lifestyle, or deal with Ayane's father as he became a supervillain. The smooth jazz was a deal breaker.

Random Dark Theory: Ayane's father sacrificed her mother to the aliens as a sign of good faith which allowed him to live a luxury lifestyle in Kumon-mi. They simply altered the minds of the residents so that it seems like Ayane's mother chose to leave.

In the background, Ayane's father is actually working with the aliens to create better humans for this experiment of theirs, hence him being in the business of unpoppable bubble wrap, and sometimes the characters "pop" like they are the bubbles on bubble wrap. Touka's father possibly being the original human to join the aliens, hence them being rich because of inventing bubble wrap. Ayane's father being rich because he innovated it.

Ayane being the Bubble Wrap Princess, may be more notable than has been let on.

Or not.
Was it retconed after 0.24? Because for all I know her mother still lives with them just doesn't really care for Ayane.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Was it retconed after 0.24? Because for all I know her mother still lives with them just doesn't really care for Ayane.
Shouldn't have been. The wiki doesn't claim that Ayane's 'Still Young' Event was changed.

In it she notes that her mom moved out around the time she turned 11:
It's just not mentioned much.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Btw, I just came across something rather interesting that I had definitely missed in previous playthroughs...

When Ayane is listing names for her future seven children, in her 'Names of Our Children' Event (which was changed during the rework meaning Sel likely added things to it that were notable in the grand scheme of things) she mentions the name "Ai":

Which could be random, but the fact that Ai is notably a name that shows up in the last update:
And seems to be a resident of the Upside Down House:
Likely implies there's some importance to that name in particular.

It also makes me wonder if another possibility for the Shapeshifter's name is Ai?

I still haven't figured out how the other Shapeshifter names are apparently funny to her:
As she notes in Maya's 'Three Halves Make a Whole' Event.

Himawari, Daisy, Sakura, etc, don't really seem all that funny to me. Daisy with the whole "Oopsy Daisy" thing might work.

Ai on the other hand apparently translates to "Affection" or "love", which is something the Shapeshifter apparently isn't allowed to have, due to the rules, which she might find funny in an Ironic way. If not in a cheesy way.

It'd also fit the alliteration naming scheme. Ai Arakawa/Amamiya.

Plus, Sensei thinking of Sunflowers might make him think of Affection or Love, which could lead to the name "Ai".

I'm probably going to add it to the list of potential names, just in case.

Edit: Just to add to this, I'm beginning to wonder if Himawari is more like a nickname for the Shapeshifter, than an actual name. Like, maybe she is her parent's "little himawari" or "little sunflower":

Last edited:

DutchmanJan

Jun 14, 2017
Btw, I just came across something rather interesting that I had definitely missed in previous playthroughs...

When Ayane is listing names for her future seven children, in her 'Names of Our Children' Event (which was changed during the rework meaning Sel likely added things to it that were notable in the grand scheme of things) she mentions the name "Ai":

Which could be random, but the fact that Ai is notably a name that shows up in the last update:
And seems to be a resident of the Upside Down House:
Likely implies there's some importance to that name in particular.

It also makes me wonder if another possibility for the Shapeshifter's name is Ai?

I still haven't figured out how the other Shapeshifter names are apparently funny to her:
As she notes in Maya's 'Three Halves Make a Whole' Event.

Himawari, Daisy, Sakura, etc, don't really seem all that funny to me. Daisy with the whole "Oopsy Daisy" thing might work.

Ai on the other hand apparently translates to "Affection" or "love", which is something the Shapeshifter apparently isn't allowed to have, due to the rules, which she might find funny in an Ironic way. If not in a cheesy way.

It'd also fit the alliteration naming scheme. Ai Arakawa/Amamiya.

Plus, Sensei thinking of Sunflowers might make him think of Affection or Love, which could lead to the name "Ai".

I'm probably going to add it to the list of potential names, just in case.

Edit: Just to add to this, I'm beginning to wonder if Himawari is more like a nickname for the Shapeshifter, than an actual name. Like, maybe she is her parent's "little himawari" or "little sunflower":
Dude, you really got a very sharp eye on things, don't you? ;) I've read through some of your explanations and predictions and they are really interesting to read. Only time will tell how much you're right on stuff. But a lot of it what you tell make sense so far :)

Only just finished my playthrough now from the start to the last update and I feel empty now. It's an amazing game. Weird, with a lot of things that don't make sense at first, but gradually start to make sense. I'll try to set up something for Subscribstar, because I really want to support the game. Just need to figure it out without Paypal ;) Dev. (Selebus) really deserves it.

Reactions: DeSkel15
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes